Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,201 - 187,220 of 200,669 Comments Last updated 40 min ago
verdict

Monrovia, CA

#216286 Sep 13, 2013
The L.A. Times has posted a story about the number of Brown Act violations investigated by the District Attorney's office, which receives dozens of complaints a year from constiuents across Los Angeles county.

The Brown Act is the state's open meeting law.
Among the cities that were not mentioned in the story is Glendora, California, which was threatened with litigation for a closed door meetings which took place with the following City Council member.*

Glendora, California..

* Ken Herman, Karen Davis, Mark Kelly, Gary M. Clifford and Douglas F. Tessitor.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#216288 Sep 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't claim that 'all' heterosexual homes are successful.
I did claim that natural parents provide the best setting by far for children.
I did claim that children deserve our best effort to provide a default mother and father if needed.
I did state that I don't think ss couples should be able to adopt or foster children.
You don't know what you are talking about, as usual.
So, what would you say to the thousands of same-sex couples who have successfully raised adopted children to adulthood? Are you simply in denial that they exist?

I have faith that you'll one day see the error of your way.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216289 Sep 13, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what would you say to the thousands of same-sex couples who have successfully raised adopted children to adulthood? Are you simply in denial that they exist?
I have faith that you'll one day see the error of your way.
Of course they exist. Doesn't make it right.
Stratofats

Monrovia, CA

#216290 Sep 13, 2013
This topic is the most trashed and stupid one so far since th4e courts have already ruled on it and it's now the law of the land so S T F U A I.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216291 Sep 13, 2013
Stratofats wrote:
This topic is the most trashed and stupid one so far since th4e courts have already ruled on it and it's now the law of the land so S T F U A I.
However, ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.

No court can ever change that, can they.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216292 Sep 13, 2013
Forreal wrote:
<quoted text>I got your son hangin between my legs.
You friggin moron, bans against same sex marriage is a clear injustice. How many more court rulings do you need?
You call your clitoris "son"? Whoa, kinky!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216293 Sep 13, 2013
Stratofats wrote:
OK. You first.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#216294 Sep 13, 2013
Un-real, the Feds are spending $2.2 Million to fine out why 3/4 of lesbians are obese, what a wast of doe no pun inteded. The study is being led by S.Bryn Austin an associate at Brigham and Women's Hospital try to figure out why there are more obese lesbians than gay males. WTF!! another example of waste.
PepToll

Monrovia, CA

#216297 Sep 13, 2013
What another great day to have a PepToll.
StratoFrts

Monrovia, CA

#216298 Sep 13, 2013
This topic is the most trashed and stupid one so far since the courts have already ruled on it and it's now the law of the land so S T F U A H.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#216299 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
So the Constitution and it's Amendments aren't about ensuring the freedoms and liberties of fellow Americans???
What does your insightful self think it's for? To provide itself as a tourist trap in Washington DC??
LOL!!!
You're such an impotent dumbfuck it's laughable.
The Constitution ensure certain liberties and certain freedoms. It does not, however, grant free license to every conceivable behavior.

Wooster, OH

#216300 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been to Ohio?
LOL!!!
I lived there for over a year once on a transfer. Gray skies all year. From October 1st to May 29th you don't see the sun. The wet snow which comes down about every f-ing day in winter stays on the ground and accumulates until spring when the mounds which are pushed to the side by snowplows and shoves which have longed turned black due to the accumulation of soot finally melt. You freeze your ass off during this time not only due to the freaking absolutely bone chilling temperatures but also to the added benefit of the humidity which brings that cold clear through you no matter how many clothes, jackets and longjohns you manage to get on in the morning. Hit the road to icy streets covered in more salt than the Dead Sea which leaves your new car a rustbucket within 2 years.
Summer isn't much better. Humidity so thick and combined with the heat there's no use in taking a shower given you'll be covered in sweat the minute you put your first foot out of bed. Might as well lather yourself with Ivory soap then only to have the perspiration that follows rinse it off then repeat given you won't stop sweating until midnight that night. More bugs than a Malaysian rain forest as well and rain that leaves the place a muggy mess making sure your electricity bill tops $427 each month given you hopefully have an air conditioner.
Gotta love the inhabitants as well. Pasty fat white people whom all could easily pass as examples of the worst patrons WalMart could offer the world. Exotic to these people is taking a day to go to the annual fair only to down even more fried food which got them to be thunder clapping creations in the first place.
Trust me sunshine...been there...seen that. No jealousy here for someone throwing insults to me from 'Wooster, Ohio'...LOL!!!!!
LOL I like the weather. it's like Long Island weather...
Sounds like you've been to our fine Wal Mart...
:)

Wooster, OH

#216302 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your ideas of tradition and history seem to hinge on aspects such as slavery, segregation, inequalities based on race and those dealing with sexual preference in terms of gender then yes fuckwad...I would have to say screw tradition and adhere to the principles set forth in the Constitution.
That must get your lard eating stomach ALL bunched up in a knot.
LOL!!!!
You have to use the word "seem" to substitute for knowing anything, at all, about the history and traditions that I hinge my beliefs on.

Come on....really? Lard?
..Who the f**k eats lard, anyway?

Wooster, OH

#216303 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Need some money for a plane ticket?
I doubt the glass works where you serve as the clean up go to guy during the graveyard shift is going to leave you much extra after buying your weekly allotment of Twinkies and Swanson TV dinners along with the 4 cases of Pabst brew and paying the rent for the loft above a garage so let me know what you need in order for you to "smack the living shit" out of me providing you can get your 395# frame into a seat on United Airlines for a 6 hour flight.
LOL!!!!
BTW...I'll arrange a dumptruck to meet you at the terminal in order for you to be able to get here safely and without discomfort.
Yeah, I need money ...for the ...plane ticket....that's it..
Send me some....a couple of hundred ought to do ....say,$700?
I have a Paypal account.
You'd better try some of those Swansons and Twinkies before you mock them, they're all one needs to survive. The more weight that I can pack on, the better....
..Need the Pabst to rinse out all of the built-up Twinkies and Swansons, though... Make room for more...
As to the loft..
I asked the Acme Glass Works to reinforce the support joists under my floor, as my increased weight has mad me balloon up like Jabba the Hut, and the floor sag is starting to make me nervous....
What I need is for you to book me on a flight, one with a seating arrangement that will accomodate my fat ass...seats with a width of.. 52"?
Many thanks, you're a peach....

Wooster, OH

#216304 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn skippy.
I, unlike you, don't think they should be approached by 41 year old hairy backed greasy pedophiles looking for a "date"....LOL!!!!
Nice try.
however..you may THINK that it shouldn't happen, but this only shows your lack of judgment.
I KNOW that it shouldn't happen, nothing to think about. If you only "think" that it shouldn't happen, better go back to the counselor and tell them that you might be reverting back...
They might jail you, but in the long run, the rest of us will be happier, as the decrease in soccer kiddies will be welcome...

Wooster, OH

#216305 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny....but that was an invalid link.
Go figure.
You're an IDIOT.
Go bullshit others with an IQ less than the 42 count you apparently have moron.
LOL!!!- Good God buddy...
...Invalid? are you sure? Try it again. Or, try this one:

WWW.Frankie-served-in-Viet-Nam.com

If I have to bullshit OTHERS with an IQ of less than 42, then I appreciate your self-valuation.
Try that link again, or the other one, I'm sure that one of them is the right one.

Wooster, OH

#216307 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Quaint neighborhood. Vanilla as hell but quaint.
Across the street is "The College Of Wooster".
Apparently you must have thought it was a haunted house given your education level seems to be that of a junior high kid with a drinking problem.
Listen moron....only pussies and bullshitters take people on in the internet. Happened to me when some MORON said he was going to be at a Home Depot near me only to expand on that and claim I threatened him.
You're no better.
Had I lived next door on 812 Beall Avenue in Wooster, Ohio I wouldn't have wasted my time to walk down the block to kick your sorry ass given you do that to yourself so readily so give it a rest loser. Seriously.
And a word of advice....don't watch kung-fu flicks only to exit your door stone blind drunk and think you're the reincarnation of Bruce Lee himself given you're gonna get hurt.
LOL!!!!
YOU may be smart enough to know this, and I may be smart enough to know this, but (and this may shock you) there are some, ON YOUR SIDE, who have threatened posters with beatings and such. Made invites to travel major distances, just to get into fights. Laughable and sad. The most fun to be had in here. This post wasn't addressed to you, it was addressed to a moron that might just be stupid enough to travel for such reasons, though I doubt that I'll ever see him here. Please, do not interfere when I make sport with one of your fools, it's rude to interrupt my funnin'..
The College is a lively place, but it isn't where I live. I was toying with him, as I toyed with you, using those links. Easy, cheap fun, but free fun. You fools will believe anything. Thank you....for just being you.

Wooster, OH

#216308 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Quaint neighborhood. Vanilla as hell but quaint.
Across the street is "The College Of Wooster".
Apparently you must have thought it was a haunted house given your education level seems to be that of a junior high kid with a drinking problem.
Listen moron....only pussies and bullshitters take people on in the internet. Happened to me when some MORON said he was going to be at a Home Depot near me only to expand on that and claim I threatened him.
You're no better.
Had I lived next door on 812 Beall Avenue in Wooster, Ohio I wouldn't have wasted my time to walk down the block to kick your sorry ass given you do that to yourself so readily so give it a rest loser. Seriously.
And a word of advice....don't watch kung-fu flicks only to exit your door stone blind drunk and think you're the reincarnation of Bruce Lee himself given you're gonna get hurt.
LOL!!!!
BTW, I almost forgot...
"don't watch kung-fu flicks only to exit your door stone blind drunk and think you're the reincarnation of Bruce Lee himself"... OK, I'll get right on that....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#216317 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
If we're to rule gays should not be able to marry due to a mix of biased negative opinions against them and an inability to recognize them as fellow Americans with the same civil rights we have by possessing a full set of freedoms who's to say we cannot strip any freedom away from yet another group of Americans due to no more than disdain of them....and that next group of Americans might include you.
Something to think about for the gay bashers on this thread.
What a bunch of crapola! "Gays" are no different than any other American, and have the same right to marry as any other American. Always had it, long before "gay" was used to refer exclusively to same sex behavior, and those who participate in it, marriage was understood as it should be, a union of one man and one woman. The old "what harm could it cause" rationale is lame, because the same could be applied to a number of consenting adult situations. At what point does it become pointless? Why should the state bother issuing licenses at all? The right to marry is depended on the state legally licensing marriage. No license, no right.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216320 Sep 13, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
None that are harmful to others.
Please oh Biased One....find a real and identifiable harm gay marriage causes.
OK. It causes you to be a butthead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) 1 hr the enforcer 59
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr papersup 15,974
Many Sonic Booms or Earthquakes Felt in Menifee? (Jan '10) 10 hr fedup 28
Transportation plays a big role at home and reg... 10 hr fedup 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 hr memo maddnes 5,020
8/27/2013 tuesday around 2:15pm state and menlo... (Aug '13) 19 hr hahahaha 14
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search