Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,101 - 187,120 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you ask why a Chevrolet Malibu and a Nissan work truck can't get married given you seem to be just that stupid.
LOL!!!
Why don't you tell us why? I'm interested in knowing the tricky currents and pitfalls in which automobiles exist... The poor little vehicles... Describe their pain for us... Oh, the anguish....the trauma.... Quick, let's all slit our wrists in sympathy...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says a gay couple has to?
LOL!!!
And their "mix-n-match" will amount to a previously abandoned or abused child to have a stable home should a gay couple adopt.
Brother - that's a positive.
The fact you and KiKrazy don't like it is your problem. Added to your angst will be the fact you can't stop them from either marrying or adopting. You're impotent little man.
Calm down fruitloops.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiight.
"Everyone".
Just not the courts. LOL!!!
I gotta know who's included in your "everyone". You, the lost soul that married your sorry ass and your 3 ragged dogs????
LOL!!!
Get lost fabricator.
I'll help you out. The majority of Americans. The 5:1 ratio that has an opinion about the issue. Most of us don't support your side.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
What an expansive imagination you have. "No one"? LOL Guess again, butt dumpling... You don't speak for anyone except yourself. You DO know that, don't you?
Dan speaks for the gay community. He doesn't realize it's counterproductive. He's a student of Rose_NoHo.
frankies mommy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name, your avatar, and your whole reason for being on Topix is to stalk him. And then you say he is a troll. Priceless.
That's why I like you silly jackasses.
TROLLING and troll-stalking are 2 different things.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/6461-childr...
Children of SSM couples are better off.
Oh, wow. Another (yawn) supposedly "honest and unbiased" "poll" (propaganda piece) showing how much better off we'll all be when you guys get what you want. Even though the kids can go to hell, now that you've gotten your way. Remember? These kids that used to matter? The ones that are now shunted off, in favor of laboratory processes that give biologically related children to a SSSB couple?

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan thinks he sounds intelligent by awkwardly using unnecessary words such as "viable". YUK!YUK!YUK! Too funny!
....I haven't fallen for it.....

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down spice trooper. Your already atrocious spelling suffers even more when you get upset like that. And we suffer along with it. YUK!YUK!YUK!
....I'm not suffering. I'm laughing my ass off......He starts to stutter through his keyboard..... I hear Curly "Whoop whoop whoop"
:-D

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down fruitloops. I know you love me.
Yeah, he posts this: "
Huh wrote:
YUK YUK YUK LOOK HOW DUMB I AM I CALL NAMES AND DONT GIVE ANYTHING ELSE. I AM A BABY KILLING NAM VET WHO SI CRIPPLED MY WIFE AND KIDS HATE ME AND LEFT ME TO DIE.
From Frankie Rizzo
YOUR PATHETIC FRANKIE..."
And expects us to believe that he is a veteran. ROFLMAO at him. If he's a veteran, he'd never even think of spouting off with that.
OMG.
I've never doubted that "TooManyLaws" was a moron, but his idiocy has reached a new level.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I was kind of hoping your friend, Duh would help you out so I didn't have to embarrass you.
Just what don't you understand about the term 'default family'??? There's not any really big words in that...
I'm not sure I can help you though, if you get lost going back to my last post....
Snicker.
Neither one of those Pop-Tarts can act like adults, and get with the program. If they had to act so, then they would not pretend to be oblivious to the meaning of vernacular. They'd get past the "stuck on stupid" point and respond like adults. The more that they demand explanations, the more they show their lack of age and comprehension. Thus increasing the rift that exists between them and the adults...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
'No one is "redefining marriage" you dolt.'? OMG. Of course you are. 20 years ago, it was a legal union of one man and one woman. Don't lie. You don't want to be like Big D.
It's only four words. "One man, one woman". Dropping two of the words "man" and "woman" leaves only "one one" That's redefinition.

The fact that they are adamant we cannot drop the "one" part proves they are redefining marriage.

I say so what? Why not admit it? The answer lies in dishonesty and spin of course.

I support SSM, but not in dishonesty to achieve it. That makes me their enemy you may have noticed.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
just pointing out that you, as always, have no point, legalistically speaking.
show us a law (local, state or federal) regulating mating behaivior that is enacted to allow only married people to give birth. this would then link procreation as a requirement to obtain a marriage license. unless you can prove that, then you might have a point. until then, nada.
so, you STILL got NADA, kim.
You have legalistic, we have realistic. You will never measure up to the real thing, any more than an illegal immigrant invader will be a real American.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Godwin's Law. An internet adage. Never use Nazi analogies. Poor form. Means you forfeit.
Oh well. So sorry! Play again. Insert another nickel please.
Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies) is an assertion made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin said that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis. Godwin's law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis – often referred to as "playing the Hitler card". The law and its corollaries would not apply to discussions covering known mainstays of Nazi Germany such as genocide, eugenics, or racial superiority, nor, more debatably, to a discussion of other totalitarian regimes or ideologies, if that was the explicit topic of conversation, since a Nazi comparison in those circumstances may be appropriate, in effect committing the fallacist's fallacy. Whether it applies to humorous use or references to oneself is open to interpretation, since this would not be a fallacious attack against a debate opponent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn the difference between science and religion.
Do you ever respond directly to a post????
No, he doesn't. And, the more cutting the post, the more he ignores it. Remember, he never even acknowledged my posts about posting a Youtube video that would totally dispute and disprove his "...more americans..." bullshit?

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
Next time use Huh??????? and not what?????. Better yet ,use WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! baby tears.
I think my posts are being removed rather quickly lately. Must be hitting hard...

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

"Huh wrote: Wow your stupid. Yes bad dangerous things should be illegal...
NOW TELL ME HOW SSM IS DANGEROUS OR BAD.....Not using religion since using religion for law or rule is against the Constitution...."

Oh, HELL no... Which constitution are you reading? you f**king moolie..

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

"Huh wrote: It is old proper English. But hey your home schooling only taught you bible and mein kampf right punk..

Oh, HELL no... Now, your, I mean you're, a scholar on Ye Olde Englishe? OMG what a f**king dunce. No, moron, you may not invent vocabularic bullshit and expect us to buy it, especially when we have the schooling that you lack. You tragic little f**k.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

"Huh wrote: Why should SSM be banned or not legal? Remember leave religion out of it..Only civil reason.

Oh, HELL no... Now, your, I mean you're, thinking that you make the rules You tragic little bast@rd..

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is an act that has risks just as driving. And let's not forget that vaginal sex has risks too. So many women and women transmit HPV back and forth--even in marriage.
The CDC says that "HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women get it at some point in their lives. This is true even for people who only have sex with one person in their lifetime".
As you're aware, HPV can cause any number of issues, including cancer. WebMD reports "...virtually all cervical cancers -- more than 99%-- are caused by these high-risk HPV viruses". The American Cancer Society predicts that about 12,170 women will find out they have cervical cancer in the U.S. this year.
There's only one sure way to eliminate any chance of HPV infection: Avoid all genital contact with another person. Should we outlaw heterosexual vaginal sex?
Funny, I've never heard of a "prolapsed vagina"...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
"Redefining marriage".
Isn't that what they called it once a white man was finally able to legally marry a black woman or visa versa back in the day???
You just got BUSTED fool.
LOL!!!
No it isn't. They called it interracial marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 24 at 2:28AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••