Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,041 - 187,060 of 200,608 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216059 Sep 12, 2013
Forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Frank I find you to be a putz, but hey you are a fine person compaired to the Mad dog azzhat. He is a known pedophile. Now that sick freak has some socks
That's nice and makes me a little warm and fuzzy but my opinion of you hasn't changed. I still find you to be a jackass and a liar.
DrRuth

Paradise, CA

#216060 Sep 12, 2013
Forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Liar or post the link!
More than 1 million tissue transplants are done each year and the surgical need for tissue has been steadily rising.
http://donatelife.net/understanding-donation/...
DrOzz

Monrovia, CA

#216061 Sep 12, 2013
I donated already more ASSAD cruse missiles in the Middle East.
DrRuth

Paradise, CA

#216062 Sep 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard many gay men need anal transplants and the waiting list is very long, there aren't enough healthy donors to fill the demand.
Intestines—The portion of the digestive tract extending from the stomach to the anus, consisting of the stomach, the upper segment (small intestine) and lower segment (large intestine.) The intestines can be donated and transplanted.
Transplantation is one of the most remarkable success stories in the history of medicine. But despite continuing advances in medicine and technology, the need for organs and tissue is vastly greater than the number available for transplantation.
https://www.facebook.com/DonateLife
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#216065 Sep 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that was said about interracial marriage in the 1960's when it was legal in NYC in the 1860's, not to mention other parts of the country? Really....is that what you believe? SSM requires a sexual political identity label to give it some sort of foundation. Americans have been debating the issues of slavery, and civil rights of non WASP Americans since the birth of the Republic. Did the founding fathers even know what a "lesbian" was?
i KNOW those things were said in the 60s and on into the 70s - i lived in texas and had to put up with idiots griping about how the ruling was wrong and went agains their religious beliefs...saying and whining on and on about "god didn't intend for blacks and whites"....of course,i replaced the word "blacks" for another more offensive word that was typically used in the south back then.

and you ask if the founding fathers knew what a lesbian was? i'm sure they were aware of homosexuals in their society. they're weren't blind or stupid. unlike many posters up here in topix that want to turn a blind eye to their fellow american citizens that are homosexual and the legal hurdles that have been put in place.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#216066 Sep 12, 2013
Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse todays homosexual rebelion with racism, this is all about living in a moral society, no SSM and gay cults.
i knew you were of the mind to ignore the similarities - because you think it's ok to discriminate against your homosexual fellow american citizens. and you use your religion and morality as an "excuse".....you paint an ugly picture of christians, buddy. very ugly.

and it's christians like myself that have to corect that view you present to the world.

i guess you rejoice when you read about a teen or young adult that's bullied by their peers for being gay....you laugh when that bullied kid commits suicide. well, it's you and others like you that wear that blood on your hands, for teaching what you do to your young and thinking the way you do. and you think you're "moral". pathetic.
DrOzz

Monrovia, CA

#216067 Sep 12, 2013
I donated already for more anti-ASSAD cruise missiles to rain down on his part of the Middle East.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#216068 Sep 12, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i KNOW those things were said in the 60s and on into the 70s - i lived in texas and had to put up with idiots griping about how the ruling was wrong and went agains their religious beliefs...saying and whining on and on about "god didn't intend for blacks and whites"....of course,i replaced the word "blacks" for another more offensive word that was typically used in the south back then.
There was always those thought the races shouldn't mix, but that didn't prevent a lot of race mixing in the Civil War era, nor did it prevent all interracial marriages. It's rather ironic to condemn those who advocated for racially segregated marriage to argue for gender segregated marriage.
and you ask if the founding fathers knew what a lesbian was? i'm sure they were aware of homosexuals in their society. they're weren't blind or stupid. unlike many posters up here in topix that want to turn a blind eye to their fellow american citizens that are homosexual and the legal hurdles that have been put in place.
Really....the word "homosexual" wasn't coined until the late 19th century. It's possible they might have been aware of individuals who were, queers, as in odd, or might have been aware of same sex sexual behavior in the abstract historical sense, but I highly doubt from contemporary experience.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216069 Sep 12, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i knew you were of the mind to ignore the similarities - because you think it's ok to discriminate against your homosexual fellow american citizens. and you use your religion and morality as an "excuse".....you paint an ugly picture of christians, buddy. very ugly.
and it's christians like myself that have to corect that view you present to the world.
i guess you rejoice when you read about a teen or young adult that's bullied by their peers for being gay....you laugh when that bullied kid commits suicide. well, it's you and others like you that wear that blood on your hands, for teaching what you do to your young and thinking the way you do. and you think you're "moral". pathetic.
It is one thing to mistreat a disabled person. It is wholly another to desecrate marriage and family. You seek to equate the two. That is blatant and hateful deceit.
DrOzz

Monrovia, CA

#216070 Sep 12, 2013
I donated already more anti-ASSAD cruise missiles for the extermination process needed in the Middle East.
Old Grand Dad

Highland, CA

#216071 Sep 12, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dumb shit. I didn't mention anything about Chritianity, so don't make the same mistake all you homosexuals make and that is chage the story suit yourself ok. Grow up

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#216072 Sep 12, 2013
There are risks involved in any kind of sexual intercourse--including vaginal.

Vaginal intercourse carries with it the risk of HPV and a whole host of STDs. It also carries with it the risk of unwanted pregnancy--which either results in the inability to financially care for a child, surrendering the child to adoption/foster care, or abortion.

40,000,000 abortions take place each year.

And yet you guys act as though vaginal intercourse is perfectly safe, while demanding that anal intercourse is totally unsafe.

Here's what I propose... Let adults choose what they wish to do with their own bodies.

We take risks every single day. But we are capable of mitigating those risks by using common sense.

So, leave us alone... Let us do with our bodies what we wish to do.
brad LB

Riverside, CA

#216073 Sep 12, 2013
Why is this discussion still going on? Huh

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#216075 Sep 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Vaginal intercourse carries with it the risk of HPV and a whole host of STDs. It also carries with it the risk of unwanted pregnancy--which either results in the inability to financially care for a child, surrendering the child to adoption/foster care, or abortion.
And yet you guys act as though vaginal intercourse is perfectly safe, while demanding that anal intercourse is totally unsafe.
Here's what I propose... Let adults choose what they wish to do with their own bodies.
We take risks every single day. But we are capable of mitigating those risks by using common sense.
Does that include drug use, and prostitution?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216076 Sep 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Here's what I propose;

Abortion is murder, it should once again be outlawed.

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It should once again be outlawed.

Vaginal sex is safe within the bounds of marriage.

We are all suffering and paying a price for the abuses of some. That is wrong.

Most risks can be avoided by using common sense.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216077 Sep 12, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool story.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216078 Sep 12, 2013
Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dumb shit. I didn't mention anything about Chritianity, so don't make the same mistake all you homosexuals make and that is chage the story suit yourself ok. Grow up
Yeah! He's probably a jarhead.
DrOzz

Monrovia, CA

#216079 Sep 12, 2013
I donated already more anti-ASSAD cruise missiles for the extermination process needed in the Middle East.

Put them to sleep.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#216080 Sep 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that include drug use, and prostitution?
No...

Drug use puts other people at risk. If someone high on cocaine decides to act ignorant and hurt someone else while under the influence, then the user has taken the victim's choice away. The victim was not a consensual partner in the injury.

Prostitution is fine by me as long as it is regulated so that it doesn't involve people who are forced into the business against their will or underage people.

The key components in any "risky" situation must be consent by adults that do not put other uninvolved people at risk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216081 Sep 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No...
Drug use puts other people at risk. If someone high on cocaine decides to act ignorant and hurt someone else while under the influence, then the user has taken the victim's choice away. The victim was not a consensual partner in the injury.
Prostitution is fine by me as long as it is regulated so that it doesn't involve people who are forced into the business against their will or underage people.
The key components in any "risky" situation must be consent by adults that do not put other uninvolved people at risk.
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 24 min Mikeymouse 477
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Little Ricky 15,966
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Duh 5,015
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr napalmers 7,933
santa rosa community mobile home park hemet cal (Mar '07) 23 hr moe 50
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Sat james marple 50
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA Aug 29 Go Blue Forever 5
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••