Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,288)

Showing posts 185,741 - 185,760 of200,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent him packing. Heard it on NPR on the anniversary.
Never the less, MLK never would have gone for calling SS couples married.
You know that.
Nope we don't that. I think he'd be quick to throw you and you're BS under the bus.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a near senile old jackass.
I also am a redeemed cynic who remains a barbarian.
I enjoy sinking the knife of reality into the belly of denial to the hilt and twisting it with a smirk.
I am committed to kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.
I also am a genetic chimera AND a hermaphrodite. literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man.
Smile.
Once again, we all have to know what your problems are..BTW I don't think you can be both a genetic chimera AND a hermaphrodite, unless you suck it up and fold it in.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all an opinion. You believe heterosexual couples are "better" for lack of another word than gay couples for such poetic and fanciful thoughts such as "a union so profound".
LOL!!!
Jesus H Christ - you have an opinion heterosexual marriages trump gay unions. We got it already but there's not a shred of factual evidence in that tangled mess you keep regurgitating so if you've got nothing else just sit down and shut up because your turn is over sister.
Here's a fact - more and more states are recognizing gay marriage represents a right to it's citizens and have since been legalizing it.
Kimare pulls shit out of his ass all the time and calls it fact. i have caught him out dong this many, many times. he just runs away and pretends he never did it...

trying to have a rational debate with him using facts is pointless.

he will stick with his prejudicial bigotry till he dies...
Anonymous

Kitty Hawk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Go go

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that interesting? You're now the mouthpiece for Dr. King...
Coretta Scott King made the following comments in 2004 as the right-wing zealots tried to bring about a Constitutional Amendment that would have made same-sex marriage illegal: "Gay and lesbian people have families, and their families should have legal protection, whether by marriage or civil union. A constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages is a form of gay bashing and it would do nothing at all to protect traditional marriages."
So, who should we believe? You? Or the woman who was married to Dr. King?
Does she feel the same about polygamist too? They also have families, and all those state constitution amendments defining marriage as a union of ONE man and ONE woman, could be considered a form of poly bashing.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Your commentaries regarding marriage in regards to both heterosexual marriage and those involving gays was based on opinion. If you disagree then please, provide proof of such.
I never backtracked in here. Again, if you disagree provide proof otherwise it's a baseless claim if not a lie.
Which opinion(s) do you need me to "back up"?
It's not "heterosexual marriage", but rather conjugal, as in husband and wife, marriage. Sexual identity labels are irrelevant. Besides what would you call a marriage of a self professed "straight" man, and a self professed "lesbian" woman, or a "bisexual" woman?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And WTF is this?????
"Mutually sterile"?? Are you to claim gays pursuing marriage are sterile??
Hardly. Their makeup is the same as heterosexuals in that they are able to either fertilize a member of the opposite sex if male or to be fertilized by a male as a female if they so wish.
"Duplicate gendered"??? Is that like calling a 12 ounce can of Coca-Cola a "carbonated cylindrical shaped aluminum skinned container of a sweetened beverage".
I'll stick with a can of Coke and the term of gay couples.
And "half marriage".- Either you're a married couple of your single. Some guy holding a bouquet of flowers wearing a tux while standing next to a limo in front of a church while a pastor waits inside all the while thinking some stranger will pass by at some point in time, fall in love and make him "fully married" still makes no sense to this fabricated term of "half married".
Their make up,is the same if the "gay" couple is of the opposite sex. A man and a woman, regardless of sexual identity labels, are still a man and a woman.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sexed couples can get married in a number of states with more allowing them to do so yes, in many cases same sexed couples are already married with more doing so. Not sure of your direction when you state "...do not equate to marriage.".
Being treated on fair basis is exactly what gay couples are demanding when it comes to marriage. They want fair treatment when wanting to marry the person of their choice in comparison to heterosexual couples whom are allowed to do so. Therefore you are incorrect in your statement. Fair treatment is the issue at hand.
And no. It is not difficult.
Men and women are allowed to marriage each other because marriage in American jurisprudence is understood to be a conjugal union. All men, and all women, have the same right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid in all fifty states. There's no compelling state interest in treating some men, and some women, different than most men, and women. Equal treatment is just that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "heterosexual marriage", but rather conjugal, as in husband and wife, marriage. Sexual identity labels are irrelevant. Besides what would you call a marriage of a self professed "straight" man, and a self professed "lesbian" woman, or a "bisexual" woman?
still lying openly about that, huh? why? conjugal marriage also includes same sex marriages.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still lying openly about that, huh? why? conjugal marriage also includes same sex marriages.
And "lesbians" can be men......right Woody?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Some men have married bi-sexual women and seem to be comfortable with it. It's their business.
As far as a strict lesbian marrying a straight man it's happened. Usually does not work out given she loses sexual interest in him and from what I've seen it's a matter of her "coming out" while in the marriage.
So how would that marriage be describe in terms of sexual identity labels?
Marriage between those of the same sex involves sex between the parties involved as well, don't forget that little tidbit of factual knowledge.
Sexual yes, sex no. Bill Clinton did not have sex with that woman.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country now, Scripture is being thrown out of schools, some churches ( I use to attend one & had to leave because they did not believe in the Old Testament)
When was Scripture ever part of schools? What Church was that? Why would you attend a church like that?
Steve

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"what would you call a marriage of a self professed "straight" man, and a self professed "lesbian" woman, or a "bisexual" woman? "
Why do we have to call it something at all ?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, we all have to know what your problems are..BTW I don't think you can be both a genetic chimera AND a hermaphrodite, unless you suck it up and fold it in.
If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that is not uncommon for an uncommon condition.

But that hasn't stopped you before.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all an opinion. You believe heterosexual couples are "better" for lack of another word than gay couples for such poetic and fanciful thoughts such as "a union so profound".
LOL!!!
Jesus H Christ - you have an opinion heterosexual marriages trump gay unions. We got it already but there's not a shred of factual evidence in that tangled mess you keep regurgitating so if you've got nothing else just sit down and shut up because your turn is over sister.
Here's a fact - more and more states are recognizing gay marriage represents a right to it's citizens and have since been legalizing it.
Your response is an opinion. It is also a dumb opinion, full of denial.

Here let me help you;

"Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,"

In all of human history, in every single culture, marriage has been between a male and female. You call that an 'opinion'.

"a union so profound, it is described as the union of Mars and Venus."

You ignorantly scoffed at this, as if being a male or female isn't distinct. FIVE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE DISAGREED WITH YOU! At every level of existence, men and women are distinct. Uniting them is a life-long challenge. You claim that is an 'opinion'.

"It reunites humanity to the roots of life,"

ALL life began as genderless. Marriage reunites a male and female back to the earliest roots of life. You call that an 'opinion'.

"while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life."

Every scientific study of family types rates natural families as head and shoulders above any other default family. You throw your own mother and father under the bus and call that an 'opinion'.

"It is the blend of masculinity and femininity."

If it's not, what is it? That is an 'opinion'???

"The wisdom of logic and intuition united."

Science once again is dissed by your 'opinion'. Moreover, now you throw your gender under the bus!

"Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced."

How many women do you see flexing their muscles? Why is domestic violence most often against women? Or is that part of an 'opinion' too?

"Protection and nurture combined as one."

Men buy guns and boys say 'Hi mom' on TV. Or think about how many shows you see with women chasing the bad guys, while the guys are watching the kids. Your opinion is that's an 'opinion'...

"A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders."

Uniting the strengths of each gender doesn't create a unique being? If not, what does it do, nothing??? At the least, it does more than your claim that these facts are an 'opinion'.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.

Your turn; How does a ss couple equate to any one of these distinctions. In your opinion?

Smile.

Oh, and here's a fact for you;

A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage. SCOTUS can't change that, can they?

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Well, we live in a democracy and I vote FOR Full Homosexualization of ALL 50 states !:)

<s>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you are you're mixed up enough to have your questions answered in full but unable to respond in kind. I'll bet you haven't had a job in quite some time as well - just a suspicion.
There is not one true statement in your response.

You follow a lie with an ad homoan troll attack.

No suspicion about that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Some men have married bi-sexual women and seem to be comfortable with it. It's their business.
As far as a strict lesbian marrying a straight man it's happened. Usually does not work out given she loses sexual interest in him and from what I've seen it's a matter of her "coming out" while in the marriage.
Marriage between those of the same sex involves sex between the parties involved as well, don't forget that little tidbit of factual knowledge.
Uh, I've always wondered, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man TO ATTRACT ANOTHER LESBIAN???

Since: Sep 13

SACRAMENTO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
Well, we live in a democracy and I vote FOR Full Homosexualization of ALL 50 states !:)
<s>
To find this video I literally typed 'Gayest song ever'.- mattjamco

"Yes, Peter Griffin was&#65279; right about this: "That&#65279; happened and we all let it happen." - gabriel tiger

"This is so&#65279; gay!" - theanswerga

"This is hands down the most bromantic, homoerotic&#65279; thing I've ever witnessed." - Darrin Harris

"Dick&#65279; Bagger" - 007BlondeBond

"The gayest music video of all time.&#65279;" - johrdann miller

"This song would be kid-friendly if they didn't look so terrifying.&#65279;" - seunketchup88

"Is it really gay if they both look like 2 hot chicks anyway?&#65279;" - Time4aKiss

"According to wikipedia: In the December 1983 issue of The Face, Jagger admitted to having some homosexual&#65279; encounters, including a sexual relationship with fellow musician David Bowie." - Jete7557

"I Googled "david&#65279; bowie gay with mick jagger" -LeoVonDick

"Wasn't this song one of the songs played when the supreme court&#65279; sided w the gays n dykes?" - sbfdman

"Wow this&#65279; is so gay!!" - DaveyFarha

"Ok, that's enought gayness for today!" - André Coimbra

"Why dont they&#65279; just get it over with and kiss (gay)" - Oliver Williams

"GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY!" - Tyler Geraghty

Since: Sep 13

SACRAMENTO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Laughing at homosexuals is part of our culture, whether you like it or not!!

"That's so gay!!" - Stan Marsh - "South Park"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 185,741 - 185,760 of200,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 12 min liz 471
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 26 min Bruno24 15,910
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 5 hr ladytntad 167
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 hr Decide what 4,837
Retired CHP are lying cheats 17 hr Gabe R Gomez 1
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu Chris 39
Devin F you're my secret crush! Wed eye for a eye 5
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs