Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
CAN dan

Monrovia, CA

#213154 Aug 29, 2013
2013. A California ban on "conversion therapy" for minors, which seeks to turn gay teens straight, the first of its kind in the country, has been upheld.

August 2013.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213155 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I am waiting for those of YOU to present an idea from the Constitution, 14th Amendment, Equal Protection Clause and Founding Fathers that has anything to do with same sex marriages or homosexuality.
This is all Political Correctness 101 for the 99% brainwashed masses.
Once again, what was your rational, constitutional and educated reason for opposing same sex marriage when you did?
Where in the Constiution did the founding fathers mention marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213156 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>What are you rambeling on about now.
Your hypocrisy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213157 Aug 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I always found it a little suspect when a group of "Christians" decided to go to a tropical paradise to help the "needy".
Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm sure there are needy people in even the nicest locations on the planet.
But preaching the gospel in a seaside village in Hawaii is a far cry from helping those in remote, famine ravaged, locales where the death rate is about 150 time higher than it is here in the US.
I'm curious, Kim, why Hawaii? Why not the slums of India? Why not the parched and impoverished lands of Sub-Saharan Africa?
How "convenient" that God called you to go to paradise; taking money from Pat Robertson (of all people). He gets his money by begging for it on TV shows--taking it from many who can barely afford to give it--making them feel ashamed if they don't write checks--promising them that God will give them back ten times whatever they pledge.
And all the while he is one of the wealthiest men on the planet with a net worth of over $140 million.
Thanks, but not thanks... I'd rather be in cahoots with a snake than that man.
Doing missions work in Hawaii... Please!
I'm glad to know you are looking out for Hawaii.

Here is a brief synopsis of my 25 years there.

We moved on an average of every two years because we rented until the last seven years. I was in my mid forties when we bought our first home. Instead of $1,200 rent, I paid $1,300 mortgage. That was in 98.

I worked as a hotel night auditor and house painter for the first 10 years, pastoring without pay.

I experienced during that time being a minority,'f---ing hoale', because of my skin color.'Haole boy' went from being a slur to a term of affection.

We fostered almost ten children along with raising two sons during that time. Without one dime of assistance.

I was a founding member, and eventually President of the following non-profit community services, all without a single penny of compensation;

Crosslines ~ A food pantry run from the back of the Catholic Church that also provided rent/utilities/medical/dental/ housing assistance. This was one of the ministries that Pat Robertson assisted. He never turned down a request.

Love INC ~ A World Vision community program. We enlisted nearly 30 churches and assessed volunteers from those congregations to provide any kind of assistance needed. The Church I pastored also provided space for the office.

Homeless Task Force ~ Kona had numerous homeless people and families. We acquired a piece of property and built temporary housing.

The Help Center ~ Provided help to teens and their families at the local high school.

The Pregnancy Center ~ Help for pregnant woman. Free ultra-sound. Support for single mothers.

Our congregation took 10% of monthly giving and gave it away to needs we were aware of in the community.

Personally I would recruit volunteers to help people moving. With most local people renting, stressful moves happened often. I also made sure that single mothers and widows had car and home repairs addressed. If I could not do it myself, I would assist in getting it done.

I ended up moving to Hawaii because a Minister asked me to come help him. At the time I was janitor and youth pastor in Rockford, IL. It was totally out of the blue, I had never even imagined doing such a thing.

We left our family and friends for 25 years. We would go into debt every 3 years to return and visit. I retired after pastoring the same Church for 20 years.

I hope that answers your judg... questions.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213158 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Make jewelry, workout, study for an upcoming promotion among other things.
What does your gerbil do during this time? Stare at the bathroom door hoping he doesn't see a 'Trojan' labeled package exit there in your hands?
I don't own a gerbil. Dopey ad hominem. Get a real argument dummy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213160 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.
That's how severe your denial is.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice :-D
Thought you'd enjoy that...

Welcome back, missed you.

Did you get booted AGAIN???
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213161 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can back peddle all day long... taxes are recognition, it means the federal government recognizes them as married regardless if the state does or not.
so now there is no state where they cannot be recognized by the federal government.:)
They. Right. Earlier you said "we".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213163 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

United States citizens are allowed a full set of liberties and freedoms unless those said set of freedoms produce harm.
Once again. Where does it say that?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213169 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hypocrisy.
Wrong guy dizzo
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213170 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just seemed like you would. My bad.
LOL!!!
He likes bigger stuff, Donkey is his favorite
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213174 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
Where is the part that says anything is OK as long as it doesn't "afford viable harm to a full set of liberties moron"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213176 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>He likes bigger stuff, Donkey is his favorite
More dopey ad hominem. Get a real argument or apologize for wasting our time.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213177 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong guy dizzo
So you're for incest marriage eh, sport? Tell us about it. Give us your best pitch.

This should be good.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213178 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dipwad....I think it's your burden to show gay marriage produces harm.
Just and FYI before you vomit on yourself yet again.
You owe me - don't forget.
No actually he need do nothing. The burden falls on you to tell him why we should allow gay marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213179 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason no one would think Valvoline's 10/40 synthetic motor oil would perform the same function as Ex Lax during periods of constipation.
It's called bullshit friend.
Your post is bullsh!t.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213180 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't help a blind man reach his cane standing 2 feet away from him from what I've witnessed...LOL!!!
You're F-ing worthless.
This entire COUNTRY is based on the idea that each of it's citizens are allowed a full set of liberties and the avenues to pursue whatever brings them happiness unless those pursuits prove to be harmful to others.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
I have no desire to educate the narrow minded and funny thing is if you disagree with me it means little given you'll have you ass HANDED to you should you decide where I should live among other things.
You're just another spoiled American without a clue of not only our country's origins but of our makeup.
You're a punk buddy. No more.
yOU SPOILED FUCV
Temper temper!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213181 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee dumbass...
...where in the Constitution does it specify Asians can own land?
Where in the Constitution does it advise women can vote?
Where in the Constitution does it make it known blacks can be left alone?
-Fact is those familiar with the Constitution recognize it was an instrument that put teeth behind the idea that ALL American citizens we are allowed a full set of liberties IDIOT.
Had it not been we would have held a vote in your no doubt shithole neighborhood and I'd bet my bottle top collection your neighbors would have voted you out leaving you with the areas of Siberia or North Korea to move to.
You're just some spoiled punk who has no idea of the makeup of our great nation.
For that I assay move.
Mexico is an option.
Calm down spice trooper.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213182 Aug 29, 2013
What happened to Dan? Hope he didn't blow a gasket or something. Reminds me of a joke where Dan went up to Alaska in his snowmobile and blew a seal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213183 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason no one would think Valvoline's 10/40 synthetic motor oil would perform the same function as Ex Lax during periods of constipation.
It's called bullshit friend.
Speaking of bullsh!t, you're saying gay marriage is a right, but incest marriage is not a right.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213184 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They. Right. Earlier you said "we".
I don't care Frankie, you are wrong about everything else you say, you might as well be wrong about this too.

perfect score that way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Winchester, CA (Sep '10) 2 hr Pink 11
corruption with Riverside county CPS Fri SAD BUT TRUE 11
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) Thu lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Thu Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Dec 24 lupita garcia 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet