Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,229)

Showing posts 184,561 - 184,580 of200,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We ran support for homeless in Kailua-Kona for years.
Pat Robertson matched funds for rent, utilities and medical treatment without asking for one thing in return.
I don't agree with everything he says, but then again, I don't agree with most of what you say.
I always found it a little suspect when a group of "Christians" decided to go to a tropical paradise to help the "needy".

Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm sure there are needy people in even the nicest locations on the planet.

But preaching the gospel in a seaside village in Hawaii is a far cry from helping those in remote, famine ravaged, locales where the death rate is about 150 time higher than it is here in the US.

I'm curious, Kim, why Hawaii? Why not the slums of India? Why not the parched and impoverished lands of Sub-Saharan Africa?

How "convenient" that God called you to go to paradise; taking money from Pat Robertson (of all people). He gets his money by begging for it on TV shows--taking it from many who can barely afford to give it--making them feel ashamed if they don't write checks--promising them that God will give them back ten times whatever they pledge.

And all the while he is one of the wealthiest men on the planet with a net worth of over $140 million.

Thanks, but not thanks... I'd rather be in cahoots with a snake than that man.

Doing missions work in Hawaii... Please!
Mel

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitch, please! You're going to round up a bunch of anti-teabaggers and send us somewhere? We're citizens too. You can't just throw us out of the country where we have rights as taxpaying citizens.
You seem to think God blesses America. I'd say God isn't too happy with the way America is conducting itself, what with all of the wars--killing innocent men, women, and children.
When you want to speak and act as a Man, then come back here.
Until then, take your ignorant yammering somewhere else.
U R right-on. The prob, however, is that we are satisfied with smugly giving notice that those somewhat laughable witless goofs are nuts. They are using the same moment to gather their singly amusing forces into a truly scary mass that degrades and forces ugly permanent changes to the face and future of our land. What to do?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>SSM is not legal in New Mexico. Do you know how to read. No, we have 37 states and we started off with zero. You forget that you gays started the race with Hawaii. Also, not one single state has a constitutional amendment defining marriage to include same sex marriages. We have 30 such states. You are about to lose (California, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island
Vermont, Washington,, and the District of Columbia)
There are three federal initiatives in process to define marriage as only a man and a woman. In 2006 it only failed by 50 votes.
Wrong go catch up on the news, New Mexico does not have a constitutional ban on same sex marriage, and same sex marriages are happening there now.

2006? That was a long time ago kiddo, today it would not pass by a whole lot more.

That was then, this is now, welcome to.... today

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing....your ignorant stance on this topic mean little to me as well. Yahoo.
Pat Robertson matched funds with monies he gained from organized begging idiot. He's on a singular path of thinking he can determine what religion should be allowed in the United States. He's nothing. Produces nothing. Kinda like you so I can understand your interest in the man.
You are clearly talking out your a//.

You misrepresent his ministry and business, and know nothing of his charity work.

Moreover, I could give a rats ass about your opinion of me or him.

I'm simply exposing you as an idiot with a foul mouth.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
I usually ignore him and you.
Smile.
You also ignore the law, that same sex marriages are legal and recognized on the state and federal level.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

SSM and gay the life style will continue to change the lives of many hetero Americans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions are exactly that genius.
Look up the word in case you're lost. The definition is available online or you can spend about $12.00 and buy a Webster's Dictionary you moron. You're not stating fact but opinion.
I bet you were the kid who played astronaut at 9 only to have your momma find you passed out in the hall with a clear plastic bag over your head wrapped around your neck with some duct tape as a "helmet".
LOL!!!!
You are confusing foul mouthed scoffing for intelligence.

I stated no opinion, just simple reality.

That is why you could only counter with gay troll twirling.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your posts are more looney than thinking Bugs Bunny is real and trapped in your momma's 1978 RCA television set and we just have to find the right channel to set him free you goof.
LOL!!!
Oxymoron? Two adults entering into a legal commitment of marriage because they found love, mutual attraction and a wish to enter into a legal binding union????
Well hell dumbfuck....according to you every marriage in America must be an oxymoron.
You're an idiot.
More gay troll scoffing.

At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

SS couples are a defective failure of mating be favor. Clearly an oxymoron.

If all you want is a contract, get a lawyer.

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Moreover, I could give a rats ass about your opinion of me or him.
Just as California could give a rats ass of your opinion of same sex marriage in California which is legal and recognized as equal.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
*****Sniff****
**********Sniff**********
-I smell the FOUL odor of hypocracy here...
LOL!!!
Good God idiot...everything you spell out claims you should be writing the rules when it comes to a basic freedom a grouping of Americans are demanding here.
Get lost.
If you do not like my post, then move on, for I have not critized your post.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I always found it a little suspect when a group of "Christians" decided to go to a tropical paradise to help the "needy".
Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm sure there are needy people in even the nicest locations on the planet.
But preaching the gospel in a seaside village in Hawaii is a far cry from helping those in remote, famine ravaged, locales where the death rate is about 150 time higher than it is here in the US.
I'm curious, Kim, why Hawaii? Why not the slums of India? Why not the parched and impoverished lands of Sub-Saharan Africa?
How "convenient" that God called you to go to paradise; taking money from Pat Robertson (of all people). He gets his money by begging for it on TV shows--taking it from many who can barely afford to give it--making them feel ashamed if they don't write checks--promising them that God will give them back ten times whatever they pledge.
And all the while he is one of the wealthiest men on the planet with a net worth of over $140 million.
Thanks, but not thanks... I'd rather be in cahoots with a snake than that man.
Doing missions work in Hawaii... Please!
God has called me to buy a Ferrari
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Book Of Common Sense.
Page 214, paragraph 2, 3rd sentence;
'Given the United States and the governing body it was founded on, the Constitution, one would be a fool to think one's version of Christianity should be held as a rulebook on how to determine law or live one's life let alone take anyone's religion on a factual basis rather then see it for what it is - an opinionated belief."
FYI
Page 215, paragraph 3, 4th sentence: Dan is a big loudmouthed dope. And a spun out post monkey.

LOL!
Carried away

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Mayor Steve Bateman of Homestead, Fla., was caught taking payments from a health care company to lobby city officials on its behalf.

He was hauled away from his home in handcuffs Wednesday on corruption charges, including accepting illegal compensation, becoming the third mayor of a Miami-Dade County.

I'm waiting for the entire city council of Glendora, California to be arrested and hauled away in handcuffs too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You also ignore the law, that same sex marriages are legal and recognized on the state and federal level.
Hey Big D. Are same sex marriages legal and recognized on the state and federal level?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
God has called me to buy a Ferrari
God called you, eh? Collect? YUK!YUK!YUK!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.

I exposed the law as idiotic foolishness.

That is why you have no logical defense except a fraudulent piece of paper.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay troll scoffing.
Your opinion.
Funny thing...I'm a man married to a woman. I have a trail of broken hearted women in my wake and have managed to have my gentle heart ripped apart by some female hotties as well.
Sigh.
By the way...you don't need a lawyer to get married.
It's none of your concern if Suzy wants to marry Elizabeth. You may not like it but there again you may not like the color painted on the house 3 doors down from you. Unfortunately for your sorry ass....like others lives it's not your house.
You lose sister.
We all know you are Jonah posing as a straight.

Snicker.
Kanga

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Kim Jong-un's ex-lover 'executed by firing squad'
was among a dozen well-known North Korean performers who were executed by firing squad nine days ago, trumped up charges were laid on them.

This is how he city of Glendora, California operates with is Kangaroo Court or what they call a justice system" also.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it now.
Go ask the millions of divorcees who had their miraculous wife or husband beat them, take their money, cheat on them, etc.
Marriage is at best a romantic hope you'll be with the one you love until the sun sets and it takes one HELL of a lot of work.
I don't think you've ever been married you freak so how is it you can lay out the rulebook on life here?
Add to that there is no "reunion" unless you think in reincarnation in terms of marriage.
You're so far gone I doubt 3,219 engineers from NASA would be able to bring you back down to earth.
LOL!!!
A violation of vows eradicates the faithfulness of billions?

You expose your ignorance of marriage Jonah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as California could give a rats ass of your opinion of same sex marriage in California which is legal and recognized as equal.
You confuse a gay judge with the millions of Californians who voted my definition of marriage.

Twice!

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 184,561 - 184,580 of200,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 16 min Ronald 4,836
Retired CHP are lying cheats 1 hr Gabe R Gomez 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr 21 and over 15,909
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 9 hr Chris 39
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 12 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 166
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 12 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 469
Devin F you're my secret crush! Wed eye for a eye 5
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••