Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,461 - 183,480 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever queen.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
That's not hate or homophobia, it's unchangeable truth.
V.V answers:I don't have to have an answer for these issues. They are realities. Our government supports them.
You stupid noodle breath, our government does no such thing as 'support' ANY of your sexual prefferences, they at the most tolerate them. You keep whining about seperation fo church and state then you have the tiniest of gonads to think the government supports you. What a weiner. yuk yuk yuk.
Damn I love poignant answers like that!
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

For the person who wrote me on why does God keeps creating homosexuals? I first would like to say that God loves everyone and has a plan for everyone for to be saved, but we cannot sin just because we want to and still be in God's plan.

I do not believe for one moment that God Does create homosexuals. In the beginning everything was perfect before God's eyes in His Creation, for if he wanted man & man or woman & woman, he would have made us that way. He ordained the word marriage to become one, man+woman=marriage. Can you honestly say that you become one with a man that you have homosexuals acts in a place on your body that was intended to have bowel movements? I do not like to be technical, but there is no choice because that is what it is. How would you explain children that are born without limbs or blind or with cancer etc. Did God create them that way? Or did God create a woman to decide to abort her baby? No, God Forbid, for his Creation was perfect. Through the ages from the beginning of time, man has sinned against God and because of sin that was passed down to all of us, we are not born perfect as God intended. I do not know anyone that I know of personally has a perfect body. We all have to die, so we cannot be perfect for when Eve ate of the fruit of the tree, God said, Thou shalt surely die. So death came into the world in the beginning of God's perfect Creation. Before I became a Christian I had sins that I had to ask forgiveness for, so why should you or anyone else that has sin as sin is defined in Scripture, get away with sin and be saved and I have to repent? For we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. You have to remember that Satan is a deceiver and he deceives us in tempting us to do sins as he tempted Jesus in the wilderness, so if he was tempted, don't you think that he will do a number on us? I have to ask God to direct me everyday in everything that I do and if there is something that I am doing that I would not want God through his Son to see, then it is sin. The Bible tells us everything we need to know and I know I must OBEY Him, and you must Study to show yourself approved unto God, for a workman needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Amen & Amen

Furthermore, you made your choice of being what you have chosen to be, so you can be healed like alot of people are healed and if you go to "NOT BORN TO WAY", you will see how others have been healed from that type of sin.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Pastafarianism is a real religion.
Most of us do not believe a religion – Christianity, Islam, Pastafarianiasm – requires literal belief in order to provide spiritual enlightenment. That is, we can be part of a community without becoming indoctrinated. There are many levels of belief.
By design, the only dogma allowed in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the rejection of dogma. That is, there are no strict rules and regulations, there are no rote rituals and prayers and other nonsense. Every member has a say in what this church is and what it becomes.
To outsiders it makes us hard to define, but here are some general things that can be said about our beliefs:
» We believe pirates, the original Pastafarians, were peaceful explorers and it was due to Christian misinformation that they have an image of outcast criminals today
» We are fond of beer
» Every Friday is a Religious Holiday
» We do not take ourselves too seriously
» We embrace contradictions (though in that we are hardly unique)
This is purely silly BS. To compare this to religious belief is beyond ludicrous. Even in sarcasm and mockery...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes historical truths have changed
Women are not second class citizens
slavery is not moral and natural
Christians should not be burned at the stake for which cult of Christianity they belong to
and same sex marriage is now legal and recognized on the state and federal level.
Don’t look to history for morality, you wont find much there.
You expose your hatred with every post, thou dost protest too much
We're not talking about misconceptions gained during a period of inability to scientifically deduce the nature of things, we are talking about real, definable truths.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of fact? That is exactly how you are, you close your eyes to facts, plug your ears and pretend not to hear any facts so you can just believe what you want to believe, which we have already shown you many times is dead wrong.
You are inherently harmful, your hatred and obsession about what others are allowed to do is un-American, it is a psychological problem, it is called homophobia
The Historical truth that slavery was natural and normal changed
The historical truth that women were second class citizens changed
Even the pure belief/truth of the covenant with man in old testament was changed by your god.
You God disagrees with you about truth
Fact: Labels do not define reality, rather, the opposite is supposed be the case.

Fact: YOU are inherently harmful, YOUR hatred and obsession about what others are allowed to do is un-American, it is a psychological problem, it is called "truthphobia". It is called "suppression of rights". It is pathological lying.

Fact: Your claim that "The Historical truth that slavery was..." was a REAL truth, and conveniently forget to recognize that this, and these other, "truths" were never actual fact or truth, proveable through scientific observation. Merely the product some guesswork...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dismissed as a failure, same sex couples are indeed married by the only authorities, state and federal law. They are married, whither you like it or not, whether you recognize it or not, it is a fact, and your ignorance of the fact, does not change the fact
You are now dismissed
Here, D says "you can't fire me, I quit!"...or something akin...
sheesh

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My horizons are fine, thank you. You need to get a sense of humor.
I got one. Or at least I had one. It broke so I took it back to WalMart for a full refund.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about misconceptions gained during a period of inability to scientifically deduce the nature of things, we are talking about real, definable truths.
Yes like same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year, real, definable truth

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one violating boundaries. I'm defending marriage from a counterfeit and abusive relationship seeking to fraudulently impose itself.
Something that NO culture in human history has accepted from start to finish.
Are people trying to invade your bedroom to tell you how to boink your wife? Are people trying to tell you on what you should base your marriage?

Didn't think so...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Real marriage he may disparage, but it's plain his lies are a pain and a bane...
(envision my self deprecating shrug)
:-D
Please point to the post where I disparage a real marriage, other than KiMare who is a mindless idiot. I only use that as an example to show how that morons opinions are no more important than anyone's opinion of its marriage

I am in a man-woman marriage myself, my wife and I support same sex marriage also.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The first fact involves historical record.
The second fact involves medical proof.
I'm sure that just kills you.
Enjoy
Smirk.
Doesn't kill me. I'm living in a country that is quickly becoming a place that supports people like me. Couldn't be happier...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn I love poignant answers like that!
I'd watch out, peeps... Kimare seems to "like" you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is, go have some more PBR
No it's not. Your loss.
The Weather Man

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Did Jade get a new brush hawg?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
For the person who wrote me on why does God keeps creating homosexuals? I first would like to say that God loves everyone and has a plan for everyone for to be saved, but we cannot sin just because we want to and still be in God's plan.
I do not believe for one moment that God Does create homosexuals. In the beginning everything was perfect before God's eyes in His Creation, for if he wanted man & man or woman & woman, he would have made us that way. He ordained the word marriage to become one, man+woman=marriage. Can you honestly say that you become one with a man that you have homosexuals acts in a place on your body that was intended to have bowel movements? I do not like to be technical, but there is no choice because that is what it is. How would you explain children that are born without limbs or blind or with cancer etc. Did God create them that way? Or did God create a woman to decide to abort her baby? No, God Forbid, for his Creation was perfect. Through the ages from the beginning of time, man has sinned against God and because of sin that was passed down to all of us, we are not born perfect as God intended. I do not know anyone that I know of personally has a perfect body. We all have to die, so we cannot be perfect for when Eve ate of the fruit of the tree, God said, Thou shalt surely die. So death came into the world in the beginning of God's perfect Creation. Before I became a Christian I had sins that I had to ask forgiveness for, so why should you or anyone else that has sin as sin is defined in Scripture, get away with sin and be saved and I have to repent? For we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. You have to remember that Satan is a deceiver and he deceives us in tempting us to do sins as he tempted Jesus in the wilderness, so if he was tempted, don't you think that he will do a number on us? I have to ask God to direct me everyday in everything that I do and if there is something that I am doing that I would not want God through his Son to see, then it is sin. The Bible tells us everything we need to know and I know I must OBEY Him, and you must Study to show yourself approved unto God, for a workman needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Amen & Amen
Furthermore, you made your choice of being what you have chosen to be, so you can be healed like alot of people are healed and if you go to "NOT BORN TO WAY", you will see how others have been healed from that type of sin.
Suzanne, since you "went there" I would only point out that men have intercourse with women where they go to the bathroom too. Does your urine come out of the general area of your vagina? Also, many men have anal intercourse with women. For eons it was a means of birth control; especially prior condoms came on the market.

So, if we can all be adults here and get past your "ick factor", I will school you once again on the fact that gay men and women do not choose their orientation any more than heterosexual choose their orientation.

I would like for any straight person to prove that their orientation can be changed to homosexual. After all, that's what you're saying that I did; that I was "straight" and "chose" to become gay. So show me where this has happened. Give me an example of a straight person who chose to become gay.
The Weather Man

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Are people trying to invade your bedroom to tell you how to boink your wife? Are people trying to tell you on what you should base your marriage?
Didn't think so...
No, the gays are the aberrant ones so they need somebody to point out that they are wrong.
sheesh

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
I do not believe for one moment that God Does create homosexuals. In the beginning everything was perfect before God's eyes in His Creation, for if he wanted man & man or woman & woman, he would have made us that way. He ordained the word marriage to become one, man+woman=marriage. Can you honestly say that you become one with a man that you have homosexuals acts in a place on your body that was intended to have bowel movements? I do not like to be technical, but there is no choice because that is what it is. How would you explain children that are born without limbs or blind or with cancer etc. Did God create them that way? Or did God create a woman to decide to abort her baby? No, God Forbid, for his Creation was perfect. Through the ages from the beginning of time, man has sinned against God and because of sin that was passed down to all of us, we are not born perfect as God intended. I do not know anyone that I know of personally has a perfect body. We all have to die, so we cannot be perfect for when Eve ate of the fruit of the tree, God said, Thou shalt surely die. So death came into the world in the beginning of God's perfect Creation. Before I became a Christian I had sins that I had to ask forgiveness for,<snipped for space>The Bible tells us everything we need to know and I know I must OBEY Him, and you must Study to show yourself approved unto God, for a workman needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Amen & Amen
You do say a lot without saying anything much.

There are birth defects that have nothing to do with sin or substance abuse or environmental toxins. Down syndrome occurs with increasing frequency as women age. What is it that Down Syndrome children have done to deserve the disorder?

Sickle cell anemia actually has a benefit for people living in areas with malaria. This occurs due to selection pressures as those who can't resist the disease have a lower chance of contributing to the gene pool. Sickle cell anemia doesn't usually cause problems until later in life so those individuals have progeny while those without it die.

Homosexuality appears to have be influenced by many factors.

There is a tendency for twins to have the same orientation in adulthood. Homosexuality in twins and triplets reared apart shows evidence for biologic causes for homosexuality. Fraternal birth order also seems to support a biological component for homosexuality.

In families with several boys, there is an increase tendency for the younger boys to be gay. More evidence for a biological factor, perhaps a maternal influence in utero.

There is also evidence that childhood behavior (gender conformity and non-conformity) gives a good prediction about adult sexual orientation.

The simple truth about reparative therapy is that it is a dismal failure. The "success" rate approaches zero. Ask Alan Chambers of the now defunct Exodus International. Most, if not all, of the "success" story patients deal with some form of same sex attraction after they've been "healed." That doesn't equate to a cure.
Holy Rollers Inc

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

The last post # 211417 was another dead stick landing in the mud.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one violating boundaries. I'm defending marriage from a counterfeit and abusive relationship seeking to fraudulently impose itself.
Something that NO culture in human history has accepted from start to finish.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't think so...
You deceitfully intimated that we were violating boundaries. I exposed that duplicity.

Now you intimate that someone is invading someone's bedroom. Really? What a stupid claim.

There is an attempt to impose and equate a clearly fraudulent and unequal relationship on the most critical relationship of society. A denial of reality. A conflict with science. A desecration of sacredness. A fracture of design.

Marriage is already defined and YOU don't get to change it. Ss couples would be an oxymoron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't kill me. I'm living in a country that is quickly becoming a place that supports people like me. Couldn't be happier...
Most people don't think.

Most people are in denial.

Reality does not support you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 25 min frozen c 7,852
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 1 hr Chris 27
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr tail pipe 4,898
Rancho Cordova hires city manager 10 hr saays who 4
Review: VIP Autos (Dec '13) Wed Guess who 2
Hemet wife beaters Wed bigdave 1
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 31 at 9:26AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••