Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,173)

Showing posts 183,441 - 183,460 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Belief s

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

How did the rat pack member's get out of thie4r cages and near a computer to post their foolish misguided belief's here?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Most "truths" are simply opinions masquerading as truth.
That might be your opinion, but the rest of us understand the proper definition of "truth".
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright Rock! Joanie is full of baloney....uh......that could have more than one meaning...
I understand completely...
couldn't agree with you more.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D will not green eggs and ham, not a plane, not on a train, not on a boat, not with a goat.....but he does like same sex marriage in a carriage.....Big D he be.
Real marriage he may disparage, but it's plain his lies are a pain and a bane...
(envision my self deprecating shrug)
:-D
Diorama

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Non stop but then again, that's what you get with diorama, now isn't it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

FACT 1 THAT GAYS REFUSE TO FACE:

Marriage in every single culture in human history from start to finish.

SS couples being called married? Zero.

FACT 2 THAT GAYS REFUSE TO FACE:

Anal sex is 'unnatural'.

1. Your anus was not designed for intercourse.

2. Anal intercourse is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

http://www.net doctor.co.uk/sexandrelationshi ps/analsex .htm

Please note;

1. I am not denying that some hetero couples also engage in anal sex.

2. I am asserting that the ONLY truly safe and natural sex is 'traditional' sexual practices within the bounds of a monogamous marriage. Sex that is not abusive to either person's body, is not degrading and carries no inherent risks for damage, infection or disease.

3. Ss gay couples need protection to HAVE sex. Monogamous married couples need protection not to procreate. An incredible distinction, clearly not equal intimately in any sense of the word.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday’s truths includes
People other than European are inferior genetically
The earth is flat
Slavery of populations is normal and natural and moral
Women are second class citizens
All stars orbit the earth including the sun and all planets
Protestants should be burned at the stake
Christians should be fed to lions
Leaves falling into water will spontaneously transform into fish over time
Your yesterdays truths are full of crap, and specifically not true
Whenever someone looks to history for morality it makes me laugh, transport them back to that time and they would be put to death for heresy for the truths of that time
Oh, come on now!
Those are not truths, they never were. They were the best that an uneducated populace could come up with.

1) Being of European descent, I like this one.
2) We have used science to prove that was not. We didn't have Skylab back then...
3) Try to tell a woman that... Call me from the hospital....
4) Heliocentricism was also disproved through the use of scientific equipment.
5) Religion? Hell no.... don't even go there...
6) S/A/A
7) It's amazing how far we've come, thanks to science.

Science has also shown us what the human body is designed for. It's not designed for anal sex, any more than a screwdriver was designed to be used as a chisel. Some people just have a knack for misusing equipment.. This does not make a screwdriver a legitimate chisel....
This isn't about morality, it's about propriety. It's about calling a spade a spade...
And if you cannot see the fundamental difference between a heterosexual couple and a same gender one, and if you cannot see how these 1400 rights (or whatever the number) is the goal of this legislation, then you cannot see anything. No-one is stopping anyone from being gay. But, there is a majority of us that refuse to accept legislation instead of simple recognition. Any more than an illegal waving a green card is an American, at least to me. Shams and scams.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are homophobe, you should acknowledge your mental handicap
You have no power whatsoever over others, your rejection is exactly that, your personal rejection which carries no weight legally at all.
That I reject your marriage carries the same weight and is as important as your rejection.
T
hey are married, whether you comprehend it or not, whether you reject it or not, they are married and recognized by the only authority in this country… State and federal law
You're a truth-a-phobe, and have never admitted it. Yours is the disability. And, telling someone else what they must think is bordering on some sort of mania...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are homophobe, you should acknowledge your mental handicap
You have no power whatsoever over others, your rejection is exactly that, your personal rejection which carries no weight legally at all.
That I reject your marriage carries the same weight and is as important as your rejection.
T
hey are married, whether you comprehend it or not, whether you reject it or not, they are married and recognized by the only authority in this country… State and federal law
Se habla "La Migra"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand completely...
couldn't agree with you more.
Joanie hid the baloney.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Or (c) trying to equate an abusive fraudulent relationship with marriage. And that makes it everyone's business.
Bases on your constant attempt to demean me with gay anal sex, I believe you know that. That's just my observation...
Remember your boundaries... It's not your place to determine that a consensual, loving relationship between two unrelated adults is "abusive" or "fraudulent".

Just because you claim it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean that you get to make that determination for others.

Just remember your boundaries. Do your exercises. I'm sure that even YOU can learn appropriate boundaries.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>
commie bilgewater?
"Well, some times Canadian. Or Russian"
commie bilgewater?
girly craft beers? The link I posted would knock your socks off.
Rochefort 10 (blue cap, dark beer, 11.3% ABV). Reddish-brown colour.
That monkey swill, PBR 4.74% alcohol by volume
One has been brewed sinse 1590 or so, 1860 give or take, its a Nancy beer made in LA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
FACT 1 THAT GAYS REFUSE TO FACE:
Marriage in every single culture in human history from start to finish.
SS couples being called married? Zero.
FACT 2 THAT GAYS REFUSE TO FACE:
Anal sex is 'unnatural'.
1. Your anus was not designed for intercourse.
2. Anal intercourse is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
http://www.net doctor.co.uk/sexandrelationshi ps/analsex .htm
Please note;
1. I am not denying that some hetero couples also engage in anal sex.
2. I am asserting that the ONLY truly safe and natural sex is 'traditional' sexual practices within the bounds of a monogamous marriage. Sex that is not abusive to either person's body, is not degrading and carries no inherent risks for damage, infection or disease.
3. Ss gay couples need protection to HAVE sex. Monogamous married couples need protection not to procreate. An incredible distinction, clearly not equal intimately in any sense of the word.
You and I agree on one thing, we refuse to accept your "opinions". In this country we aren't breaking any laws.

I'm sure that just kills you. Enjoy :-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>
commie bilgewater?
commie bilgewater?
One has been brewed sinse 1590 or so, 1860 give or take, its a Nancy beer made in LA.
PBR is a good 'Mercan fishing beer when you want a lower alcohol content so you're no too hammered when the big one bites you moron.

If you drink those girly craft brews all day you grow a big gut and man-tits! What do you think I want to look like you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>
commie bilgewater?
commie bilgewater?
"Rochefort 10 (blue cap, dark beer, 11.3% ABV). Reddish-brown colour."

Sounds like what shoots out of my a** like a fire hose in the morning after a long night of drinking PBR!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a truth-a-phobe, and have never admitted it. Yours is the disability. And, telling someone else what they must think is bordering on some sort of mania...
Big D often criticizes my English skills. In a post with poor grammar and sentence structure. They don't understand irony.
sheesh

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
Someone wants to know where the word homosexual is in the Scriptures, for it does not use the word homosexual, but if you read these verses, it explains that this is what it is talking about. Most of the forum do not like Scriptures, but this is our Authority and the only Authority that my family and friends go by. If you have a Bible, this is found in the New Testament in the Book of Romans Chapter 1 verses 24-28 and I quote: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves; Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is Blessed forever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature; And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is umseemly, and receiving in themsselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient."
Once again you use a late interpretation of an earlier writing. This passage was written regarding the behavior of Romans at the time. Virtually everyone was expected to engage in bisexual activities. This was the cultural norm of the time and people. Very few are bisexual. The underlying message in Romans regards the inversion of the relationship between creator and created through the worship of the created.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, homosexula...
What's that?
sheesh

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
PBR is a good 'Mercan fishing beer when you want a lower alcohol content so you're no too hammered when the big one bites you moron.
If you drink those girly craft brews all day you grow a big gut and man-tits! What do you think I want to look like you?
Ya need to broaden your horizons. I like a good Mexican beer. Negra Modello fer instance. Nice and stout. Or a properly poured Guinness. You're also missing out on some really fine microbrews. Not all of them have fruity added flavors. There are some good ales around here. Try some EVO brew sometime. Ya might just like it.

What you do want to avoid are imported beers that have been exposed to light. Corona for example, the lime is added above the border to kill the nasty skunked beer taste. South of the border the lime isn't jammed into the bottle, it is merely placed in the mouth of it to keep flies from going into the bottle. When you buy Corona in Mexico it tasted pretty darn good. Very refreshing in the hot sun. Heineken is another skunked beer. I've never had a good one. They charge way too much for it too.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
Someone wants to know where the word homosexual is in the Scriptures, for it does not use the word homosexual, but if you read these verses, it explains that this is what it is talking about. Most of the forum do not like Scriptures, but this is our Authority and the only Authority that my family and friends go by. If you have a Bible, this is found in the New Testament in the Book of Romans Chapter 1 verses 24-28 and I quote: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves; Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is Blessed forever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature; And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is umseemly, and receiving in themsselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient."
So, why do you think God keeps creating homosexuals, Suzanne?

Some of the most ardent anti-homosexual people (Kimare) believes that homosexuality is a physical characteristic that is related to biology. It's not a choice.

I can tell you from personal experience that I did everything in my power to change my orientation. I did this because I knew about how people hated gays. I knew that my parents would likely disown me. I knew that my friends would likely drop me. I knew it would interfere with my schooling. I knew that I would be subject to ridicule and violence.

So, that's why I wanted to "change". It wasn't because I hated myself or who I was attracted to.

I finally had a very long and good discussion with God about the matter. And He left me with NO DOUBT that He made me gay; that He did not make a mistake.

I don't know why He made me gay. I still don't know. I have some ideas about why He makes gay people. But I can't substantiate them.

I just live by my faith in God and His words directly to me.

I believe that God speaks to people. Do you?

And I believe that if God wanted me to be straight, He would have answered my years of BEGGING to be changed by creating a path that would have made me heterosexual.

See, I don't have to convince you of anything. I KNOW what my experience with God has been. NOTHING you say; no words from scripture, no words from your pastor or church--NOTHING--can change my relationship with God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,441 - 183,460 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LA FITNESS Membership Sales People (Feb '12) 33 min Ribcage 37
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) 42 min Poor Hemet 29
sad sad sad:/ 1 hr Ribcage 8
HEMET: Council OK's Tres Cerritos project (Mar '12) 2 hr End of YOUR World 4
Alleged Hookers Disrupt Hemet Businesses (Feb '09) 2 hr Jesse Jackson 74
Edy's Placed Closed by Health Department 9 hr Donnie 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Bag itts 4,551
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••