Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211003 Aug 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once worried about that, you don't get mixed up, you are who you are, no outside influence is going to cause you to be gay.
My children have many gay friends, as did I, zero effect
Yeah right, says a lot. You all get together once in a while and play it out?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211004 Aug 19, 2013
Come on junior, get your buddies, lets go outside and play some balls.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211005 Aug 19, 2013
I prefer the products of yesteryear, they last longer.
I have a rotary phone my desk, and I listen to an old Philco Cabinet stereo. It sounds great!
Todays products are plastic and cheap. Shoddy plastic gizmos that don't hold up to the tests of time. Just like SSM won't...
Antiques last, and are worth more than todays over-rated BS...
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211006 Aug 19, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
Everything. Religion, values, sensibility, decency, etc. if it gets in the way of SSM, dispose of it....
Yup, the me, me generation. Ain't it wonderful?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211007 Aug 19, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, the me, me generation. Ain't it wonderful?
LOL

No....
No, it's not.
But....you knew that.
:-D
sheesh

Bethesda, MD

#211008 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you may be thinking that a deninomination is a religion, but Christianity is a religion like Buddist & Muslums. Denominations are baptist, presbyterian, penecostal, church of christ, nazarine, catholic etc, these are denominations. This is really not the way the Apostle Paul set up His Church (Called Out). Read First Corinthians Chapter 5 when it talks about Apostle Paul letter to the Corinthians, he was upset because they were separating themselves and one said I am Apollos, I am Cephas, I am of Paul, so you can see that man started the separation, not Apostle Paul. We should all be of one Church and that is the Body of Christ who is the Head of the Body. People of today meet in different denominations, but actually Apostle Paul said in the Book of Acts chapter 17 that God's Temple is not made of hands as if he needed anything. Jesus called himself the Temple when he was telling the diciples that the Temple would rise in 3 days, for he rose and so he is the Temple. Also, we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and we are not buildings. As far as the Jews, they disobeyed God many times and they were the chosen people and the only reason the gentiles got into the fold to receive Salvation is because the Jews disobeyed. Now since the Jews were scattered all over the world after 70 A.D., they now have the same chance to get back into the fold, but the only difference now is that they must accept the Messiah as their Savior and Lord. Hope that this answers what you are concerned about. You know that all the questions that people have brought up to us is in Scripures and it may take some searching to find answers, but God through His Prophets has it all written down for us. God's wisdom through His Word is more than you can imagine. My husband and I are so Blessed when we study His Word.
No, I am not thinking a denomination is a religion and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop jumping to erroneous conclusions and being so condescending about it. I'm not a child, but I do have questions. You really haven't answered any of them either. You've only skirted about the questions.

I've been around people of various denominations that think their denomination is the one true religion, the rest are, by default, incorrect. My Pentecostal brother believes Jews are the chosen people and are guaranteed a place in Heaven as are their Pentecostal brethren. The rest of us are going to hell unless we convert. What's up with that?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211009 Aug 19, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
I prefer the products of yesteryear, they last longer.
I have a rotary phone my desk, and I listen to an old Philco Cabinet stereo. It sounds great!
Todays products are plastic and cheap. Shoddy plastic gizmos that don't hold up to the tests of time. Just like SSM won't...
Antiques last, and are worth more than todays over-rated BS...
Uh this is the 21st century calling R.Hudson, come in Hudson this is 21st century. We need you to return to base a.s.a.p. Bogey at 12:00. Come in, over.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#211010 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey, you are being a crude, vulgar idiot again.
The post simply noted that ss couples possess NOTHING that merits the interest of the state. They demand that children be removed from consideration in marriage. Now they want to turn around and claim state interest because they have manufactured default families???
A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of a father or mother. A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of at least one natural parent.
The latest, largest and most scientific study to date rated lesbian couples LAST, behind single parents out of numerous default family settings. Gay couples didn't even register!!!
I'll be as crude and vulgar as it takes to stop you from spreading your ignorance and bigotry..ah, the child card yet again. Funny how you're not concerned with orphans or children that are the result of rape, but then that doesn't suit your bigoted purpose. You shameless troll, you could be doing so much more with that pitiful life than bashing gays 24/7 on a chat forum. BTW you should stop reading those Catholic surveys they are skewed and incorrect. Sure you don't want to use that Jeezus card instead?
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211011 Aug 19, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not thinking a denomination is a religion and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop jumping to erroneous conclusions and being so condescending about it. I'm not a child, but I do have questions. You really haven't answered any of them either. You've only skirted about the questions.
I've been around people of various denominations that think their denomination is the one true religion, the rest are, by default, incorrect. My Pentecostal brother believes Jews are the chosen people and are guaranteed a place in Heaven as are their Pentecostal brethren. The rest of us are going to hell unless we convert. What's up with that?
I really would like to answer your question, but you sound like you are angry and I do not know what you approach people that way.

I will try to explain the best I can. As I said in my letter before about Apostle Paul and his frustration about the Church he has started and the people separating within the Church. This is the same way now, for I have been in many denomiations and they all teach differently, so that is why we decided to have Home Bible Studies and my husband just leads studies and tell all there to ask the Holy Spirit to teach them and that is found in First John Chapter 2 verse 27. Some Churches do teach that they are only ones going to heaven and that has been around ever since I was a child, so I am not quite sure what you are asking. You were talking about your brother saying that the Jews are the chosen people and guaranteed a place in heaven, well he can believe what he wants, but the Scripture only tells us that the only ones going to heaven is those who have accepted Christ in their lives and obey his commandments and the Jews are included. The Jews were the chosen at one time, but they continually disobeyed God, so God through His Son Jesus made a way that anyone who accepts His Son will have the same chance. There is something in the New Testament about 144,000 jews in the end of the world, but honestly, I am not sure what exactly that means. We all read the same Bible, but how many actually study the word, for in Second Timothy chapter 2 verse 15 and I quote: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth."
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211013 Aug 19, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Uh this is the 21st century calling R.Hudson, come in Hudson this is 21st century. We need you to return to base a.s.a.p. Bogey at 12:00. Come in, over.
This is Hudson, got eyes-on the 20th Century, it looks a lot cleaner. Negative on R.T.N./21st. Roger that?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211014 Aug 19, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be as crude and vulgar as it takes to stop you from spreading your ignorance and bigotry..ah, the child card yet again. Funny how you're not concerned with orphans or children that are the result of rape, but then that doesn't suit your bigoted purpose. You shameless troll, you could be doing so much more with that pitiful life than bashing gays 24/7 on a chat forum. BTW you should stop reading those Catholic surveys they are skewed and incorrect. Sure you don't want to use that Jeezus card instead?
Bwaaa ha ha. Smurphy mike's gonna do something 'bout it. Bwaaahh ha ha.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#211015 Aug 19, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'll take Rocky's advice.

You're dismissed.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211016 Aug 19, 2013
An mikey aint nuthin butt 'correct'. Bwaah ha ha So get unskewed would ya?
sheesh

New Market, MD

#211017 Aug 19, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I don't think that it's correct to eliminate the gender barriers in school restrooms. I know that Chongo and I had differences about this exact issue. It would seem that Chongo has gotten its way...
In my opinion, they need to build alternate facilities for the 3rd type of kids, the "mixed up" signs can't be that expensive to produce. They have no right to force themselves into restrooms for the normal kids, the ones who had no issues, up until now...
I have to say I agree with your sentiments even though I donít really like the way youíve worded some of it. School age kids are confused enough as it is so tossing transgendered kids into the same bathroom with kids who are of the opposite sex with regard to phenotype isnít a good idea IMHO. On top of this kids can be quite cruel. I can see an argument for four different bathrooms. Or go to unisex one stall bathrooms.
Ramped Up

Monrovia, CA

#211018 Aug 19, 2013
Hollister ordered to add ADA wheelchair access to it's stores.

A federal judge told the chain to fix its entrances at once.

It'[s parent company, Abercrobie & Fitch, is getting way to familiar with such discrimination claims brought against them and their chain stores..
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211019 Aug 19, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Hudson, got eyes-on the 20th Century, it looks a lot cleaner. Negative on R.T.N./21st. Roger that?
Copy, over an out.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211020 Aug 19, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say I agree with your sentiments even though I donít really like the way youíve worded some of it. School age kids are confused enough as it is so tossing transgendered kids into the same bathroom with kids who are of the opposite sex with regard to phenotype isnít a good idea IMHO. On top of this kids can be quite cruel. I can see an argument for four different bathrooms. Or go to unisex one stall bathrooms.
Yeah, my wording isn't always the best. I agree with you, too. Different rooms for different groups. I think that it's a crime, however, to even humor the idea of a 10- or 12- year old wanting to change genders. Kids are mixed up enough, already.. It's a piss poor time to even contemplate the notion of any kind of major surgery for one so young. It should be banned until, at least, the age of 18, IMHO. I wonder how many of these pre-pubescent kids are going to later regret the impulsive choices that they are allowed to make, at an age when they have no clue as to the gravity of theses choices.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211021 Aug 19, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Copy, over an out.
LOL.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211022 Aug 19, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211023 Aug 19, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, and never have. I tend to separate Christians from fundamentalists. And this one takes the cake on the latter.
Been loving your posts today by the way!
Thanks, I really got upset when she called me for wanting a gay teacher. As long as any teacher is being respectful and following the rules of the classroom, I could care less what they do in their bedroom. This gay mam is a great teacher, he doesn't try to hide who he is, and is one of the most well respected English teachers in the Elk Grove school district which is very large. My son didn't like all the hard work at the time and had some sleepless nights but is glad now he made it through. I'm sure from some of my posts that you might notice that I could have benefited from being in that class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption with Riverside county CPS 13 hr SAD BUT TRUE 11
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) Thu lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Thu Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Dec 24 lupita garcia 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info