Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
180,261 - 180,280 of 200,587 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207753 Aug 6, 2013
Our U.S. colors are now running, as we have to abandon our embassies under threat of Muslim attacks, even though, by treaty, our embassies are supposed to be defended by the host countries, but we are supposed to have El Quaida on the run. I'm waiting for an attack in the U.S.A. We haven't played Cowboys and Ahmed yet...They may be putting up with that in Canada, because it's the gays being targeted, but wait until the bastards start targeting normal civilians... Then, it comes here...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207754 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, what happened to that 10 percent crock of shit, Disco Boi?
And wherever did you get the idea that I said the Stains themselves bought all of Science? Do the stains have a particular need of the global warming scam? Of Big Pharma?
Too much glitter get in your eyes, or are you just a shitferbrains in an estrogen fueled rage?
I don't think the 10% figure has been believable since the 60's.

Re: global warming... Show me the money. Nobody on the planet is buying into "being green". Even though so many people believe the globe is being destroyed by mankind, we still use more petroleum products than ever before. Jesus, who would have thought two decades ago that people would plunk down $1.50 for a little over a cup of water wrapped in plastic? Hell, we were much more environmentally conscious (without even knowing it) before the 80's. Remember glass Coke bottles? Everything used to be bottled in cardboard and glass. And usually you'd get 10 cents for a Coke bottle.
So, I just don't buy that the "global warming" business is thriving.

Re: the pharmaceutical industry: I agree with you 100% on that. I don't watch the national news anymore because almost every single commercial is an advertisement for a prescription drug. Those people are tickled to death that everybody is hounding their doctors for drugs to cure everything from tear-duct problems to toenail fungus. It's a trillion dollar (or more) industry worldwide.

But gays, we don't have the political clout that you seem to think we have. The only reason that the LGBT community is being supported is because more of us are visible. Just about everybody works with someone, has someone in their family, or knows someone who is gay. They realize we're not "child molesters" and such horse shit. They know that we're pretty much just ordinary people--not unlike everybody else on the planet.

You've shown that you're not a religious man. So, I'm curious... Why do you have such a hard-on for gays? What in the heck have we done to you to warrant such vitriol?

Knoxville, TN

#207755 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ammo is so scarce lately. I lucked out this morning and bought 2 boxes of 9MM then stopped for gas on the way home.
This drop dead gorgeous blond in a short skirt filling up her car saw it on the front seat and whispered to me "I'm a big believer in barter, do you want to trade some sex for ammo?"
I thought real hard, then said "What kind of ammo you got?
I call "bullshit" on this story. "Do you want to trade some sex for ammo?" That has to be the lamest line I've ever heard.

What happened next? Did your car breakdown in front of a farm house? Did the farmer offer to let you stay for the night as long as you wouldn't touch his daughter?

Maybe you should expand on this STORY and send it in to "Penthouse Forum".

Knoxville, TN

#207756 Aug 6, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you'd like me to back up for you rear ender. Uh, obviously you don't understand comparison but I'll dumb it down a bit. Those ,including homosexuality, are ALL deviant behavior (don't make ME define deviant, you google it in your prep. time) as they are not normal compared to the average in ANY society whether it be human, animal , reptile amph.... etc. You can't compare mine with anything (again you ASS Ume) because you don't know me. Your deviated abnormal sexual practice (as YOU have stated already yourself) is abnormal on all plains,(or is that planes, I'll google it later) social, religious, moral and animal/human nature, oh crap, it's against science too. So take your tiny baby steps back and after you get off your knees and not crawl bring it on back. xxoxx
Isn't it precious how allegedly straight guys always want you to "back up" on them or some other such load? They think because they have a dick, all gay men have the big-pants for them. It's usually those guys who are so fugly that a woman wouldn't touch them. I'm guessing you're either morbidly obese or look like the "Crypt Keeper's" ass.

Show me one legitimate scientist who still believes that homosexuality is a disorder.

And regarding your use of the word "deviant", redheads, left-handed people, men over 6'3", etc. are all deviant. None of them fall within the "average". But be clear. To be an escapee from the law of averages does not mean that a person is "disordered".

Now pull your pants up, you sicko. The flies blowing around your stank-ass crotch are making the rest of us wretch.

Knoxville, TN

#207757 Aug 6, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in the business of letting a dog lay some spunk on your leg? Are you in the business of wearing feces? Are you in the habit of rolling around in something dead? You may be an animal, don't say that the rest of us are, we learned hygiene long ago. Cleanliness. We learned to take baths and showers when we smell bad. Animals don't. You may eat your own young, but we don't. You may eat with your fingers, but I do not. you may fart in front of your mama, but I never did. You may leave young to fend for themselves, you would not defend anything, fear of a fight or having to kill, but there are many of us who do not fit this bill of shyte. You ain't 2 steps ahead of anyone, icehole. You are in the back of the bus, where you belong..
Do animals on this planet engage in opposite-gender sexual activity? Yes... Do animals on this planet engage in same-gender sexual activity? Yes...

That does not mean that we do other things that animals do. It just means that this is one of the things that we share with the animal kingdom.

It's a bullshit argument to insinuate that if we share a particular characteristic or behavior with animals, then we must engage in all of their other characteristics and behaviors.

I expect more of you, Rock...

Knoxville, TN

#207758 Aug 6, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm going to say is that you deserve no rights at all, if you aren't willing to support your country. This country was the greatest one in the world. And that was due to our military prowess. Now, after you little f4gs have had your way, destroying our country, you say that? I'd throw a drink in your face, too....
You think you're man enough to throw a drink in my face? Bring it bitch...

Seems to me that speaking one's mind is an American value. If you don't like what I have to say, that's your prerogative. I've done a single Google search and found sites for "Iraq Veterans Against the War", "Vietnam Veterans Against the War", and "Veterans for Peace". So, I guess I'm not alone.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207759 Aug 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the 10% figure has been believable since the 60's.
Re: global warming... Show me the money. Nobody on the planet is buying into "being green". Even though so many people believe the globe is being destroyed by mankind, we still use more petroleum products than ever before. Jesus, who would have thought two decades ago that people would plunk down $1.50 for a little over a cup of water wrapped in plastic? Hell, we were much more environmentally conscious (without even knowing it) before the 80's. Remember glass Coke bottles? Everything used to be bottled in cardboard and glass. And usually you'd get 10 cents for a Coke bottle.
So, I just don't buy that the "global warming" business is thriving.
Re: the pharmaceutical industry: I agree with you 100% on that. I don't watch the national news anymore because almost every single commercial is an advertisement for a prescription drug. Those people are tickled to death that everybody is hounding their doctors for drugs to cure everything from tear-duct problems to toenail fungus. It's a trillion dollar (or more) industry worldwide.
But gays, we don't have the political clout that you seem to think we have. The only reason that the LGBT community is being supported is because more of us are visible. Just about everybody works with someone, has someone in their family, or knows someone who is gay. They realize we're not "child molesters" and such horse shit. They know that we're pretty much just ordinary people--not unlike everybody else on the planet.
You've shown that you're not a religious man. So, I'm curious... Why do you have such a hard-on for gays? What in the heck have we done to you to warrant such vitriol?
Well, an honest one about the percentage.

I also think it's pure insanity that people are paying soda prices for bottled water. But y'all know what I think of the Common Man. I think we were nuts going to plastic instead of keeping glass Coke bottles, deposits, etc. Maybe we ought to somehow put a bounty on trash as a whole. More people would pick up the litter, and more wouldn't throw it out the car window either. But MAYbe. It'd have to be voluntary. We already have enough meddlers, enough Bloombergs, and so many laws on the books that America is a police state.

Ask about Lipitor, Celebrex, blah blah. I can't stand it either, but I've pretty much abandoned Common Man TV and radio. YouTube is pretty much my entertainment.

Now, as for "clout", it's obscene, pardon the pun, how you have been pandered to at the expense of the rights of everyone else. The Kodak debacle is but one example. If I were King, one of the first things would be to dismantle all the extortionist "Diversity" areas of corporations, because there's a select few in the NAACP and GLAAD that's benefiting. Everybody knows it but the charade goes on. All the horseplop about "rights" is bogus. You gain rights at the expense of mine.

As for religion, I have my own Higher Power. We all do. Mine just isn't associated with the Common Man.

By the way, this was all concerning your comment about Science. Y'all don't own all of Science, but like everything else Science has been politicized to the Nth degree, and I'm tired of the agitprop and the tug-of-war.

Make the world go away.

(I'm getting tired. I never make sense to y'all but I'm not making much sense to myself at the moment).
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207760 Aug 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I call "bullshit" on this story. "Do you want to trade some sex for ammo?" That has to be the lamest line I've ever heard.
What happened next? Did your car breakdown in front of a farm house? Did the farmer offer to let you stay for the night as long as you wouldn't touch his daughter?
Lady, it was a joke.

Get some sleep.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207761 Aug 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More gay twirl lies VV.
Previously you denied it indicated a defect even in theory.
You only confirm your character with the gay troll attack.
<quoted text>
You are the gay troll regurgitating hateful ad homoan attacks. Lacking any reasoned response. That's reality.
You must have been looking in the mirror when you composed that post.

Long Beach, CA

#207762 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! I'm real proud of you spice cake! Real proud. except your story is fake and mine's not.
You're a mooch and a loser. You left home at 18 WOW! I was in Vietnam at 18. Smirk. You're not welcome.
No, my story was true. You are full of lies. I don't believe anything you post here. You were never in the military service. Stop lying and get a job.

Long Beach, CA

#207763 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Please choke on your own stool.
Thanks.
You want me to choke on the chair I'm sitting on?

Long Beach, CA

#207764 Aug 6, 2013
F Rizzo wrote:
Banished again! Disappeared for thought crimes like in some cheesy third world dictatorship. Some fine posts too.
That's one way to win an argument!
Censorship sucks.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The troll got the boot again. This is just classic!

Long Beach, CA

#207765 Aug 6, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Working at the car wash IS menial. But, it's OK, l'il guppy, we all rise to our stations. Yours just happens to be a wet one...
I have never worked at a car wash. You seem to know all about it though. Get back to work, sudsy troll. Maybe you will get a $0.50 tip or something, loser.

Long Beach, CA

#207766 Aug 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Defending your freedom to be an idiot is 'self-aggrandizing'???
You are sick.
You are the sick one, you perverted hermaphrodite.

Long Beach, CA

#207767 Aug 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
You notice 'guest' chickened out on a response.
Most people bragging about their income are in a stock market that is propped up by quantitative easing being run by a President who is out for the decimated middle class.
I don't think that is something to brag about. But hey, he's on hear bragging about being a chicksh/t troll and calling a broken, twisted half relationship a marriage.
There was no question that I saw. I saw some ridiculous troll posts. Perhaps there was one you expected me to respond to, Gregory? I earn a 6 figure income by working. And yes, I also have investments in real estate, the stock market, a bond fund, and bank CD's. I am pointing that out only because you brought it up. Smile

Long Beach, CA

#207768 Aug 6, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Close your eyes, Frank, and try to picture this:
Big D!ck, standing on board a Coast Guard cutter. Standing on deck, preaching to his ship-mates about what constitutes a "real" American. Pontificating from the f'ocsle. Picture this same dimwit then going to bunk down and NOT getting a "blanket party" or a keel-hauling. Not getting shoved overboard. Does this sound plausible to you? Not me....
He never served.
Neither did you. Neither did "Frankie".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207769 Aug 6, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
It's that "You're not REAL Americans" bit...
Sticks in my craw...
Me too. His disagree with me and you're not a patriot schtick. His real Americans think like me schtick.
thug

Delano, CA

#207770 Aug 6, 2013
Anyone know what happened on Cecil and Norwalk about an hour ago who's white Chevy truck
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207771 Aug 6, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
Our U.S. colors are now running, as we have to abandon our embassies under threat of Muslim attacks, even though, by treaty, our embassies are supposed to be defended by the host countries, but we are supposed to have El Quaida on the run. I'm waiting for an attack in the U.S.A. We haven't played Cowboys and Ahmed yet...They may be putting up with that in Canada, because it's the gays being targeted, but wait until the bastards start targeting normal civilians... Then, it comes here...
A year ago Obama was bragging. "Ben Ladin is dead. Al Qaeda is on the run." Now we're on the run.

We need a leader.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207772 Aug 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a joke son. Calm down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr dannytome 15,962
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 8 hr Kandy 476
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA 16 hr Go Blue Forever 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Fri Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu Chris 49
The Waterfalls (May '09) Thu Chris 20
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:10AM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••