Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201811 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207536 Aug 6, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetition of nonsense. The argument of fools.
Jonah1 nonsensically repeated foolishly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207537 Aug 6, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our country HAS continued on with its beliefs. Our country was founded on the principle that we would have no state religion. We didn't have one at our founding, we don't have one now, and we will never have one in the future.
<quoted text>
Yawn.
You seem to like taking quotes from our forefathers. Allow me to include one too.
Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli begins as follows, "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion......"
It was ratified by Congress and signed into law by President Adams in 1796.
As for offending your creator, your creator is quite clear that when you are told that you message is not wanted, you are to move on. Your message isn't wanted. This forum is about marriage and civil rights, not religion.
This thread is not about religion, Jonah1 whined during his angry rant about religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207538 Aug 6, 2013
Ah good times!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#207539 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít care about your question.
You know nothing of my family or my children.
My children do speak out against anti-Americans like you, they are patriots, who believe in freedom, equality and justice.
I do care for their future, and I do ( or did they are all grown now ) protect them against the kind of hatred and despite you and those like you represent.
why would anyone go online and talk about their children like you do?

Sacramento, CA

#207540 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Paragraphs are one of God's gifts to the world, if only you will open your eyes to see.
*snickers*
Don't eat them, I will gain 5 lbs fast.

Sacramento, CA

#207541 Aug 6, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to quote to you some of our forefathers beliefs.
(1) George Washington First President of the U.S. quoted: "It is the duty of all nations to aknowledge the providence of Almighy God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor."
(2) Senate Judiciary Committee report, January 19, 1853 quoted: "We are a Christian people, not because the law demands it, not to gain exclusive benefits or to avoid legal disabilities, but from choice and education; and in a land thus universally Christian, what is to be expected, what desired, but that we shall pay due regard to Christianity?"
(3) John Jay: First Chief-Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court quoted: "The Bible is the best of all books, for it is the word of God and teaches us the way to be happy in this world and in the next. Continue therefore to read it and to regulate your life by its precepts." Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation, to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."
(4) Joseph Story: U.S. Supreme Court Justice; Father of the American Jurisprudence, Placed on the Court by President James Madison quoted: "One of the beautiful boasts of our municipal jurisprudence is that Christianity is a part of the Common Law. There never has been a period in which the Common Law did not recognize Christianity as lying at its foundations. I verily believe Christianity necessary to the support of civil society."
(5) Benjamin Franklin: Signer of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution quoted: "I've lived, sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: That God governs in the affairs of men. If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the sacred writings that unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. I firmly believe this, and I also believe that without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel."
(6)House Judiciary Committee Report, March 27, 1854 quoted: "At the time of the adoption of the Constitution and the Amendments, the universal sentiment was that Christianity should be encouraged. In this age there can be no substitute for Christianity. That was the religion of the founders of the republic and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants."
I quoted from 6 different sources on this subject of our forefathers and as I understand them, they believed in God and thought that Christianity should be the religion of this nation.
take it to the history channel debate. Im sure big d is there as he is an expert.

Sacramento, CA

#207542 Aug 6, 2013
Black momma wrote:
The main order of any human is LOVE I don't understand people who hate gays, minorities, or any reliable pastor.
I agree, well said.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207543 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
My children do speak out against anti-Americans like you, they are patriots, who believe in freedom, equality and justice.
I do care for their future, and I do ( or did they are all grown now ) protect them against the kind of hatred and despite you and those like you represent.
Get out the cape and fan. Here we go again.
F Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207546 Aug 6, 2013
Banished again! Disappeared for thought crimes like in some cheesy third world dictatorship. Some fine posts too.

That's one way to win an argument!

Censorship sucks.
F Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207547 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy. Get out the cape and fan.
F Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207548 Aug 6, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetition of nonsense. The argument of fools.
Jonah1 foolishly repeated, nonsensically.
F Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207549 Aug 6, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our country HAS continued on with its beliefs. Our country was founded on the principle that we would have no state religion. We didn't have one at our founding, we don't have one now, and we will never have one in the future.
<quoted text>
Yawn.
You seem to like taking quotes from our forefathers. Allow me to include one too.
Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli begins as follows, "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion......"
It was ratified by Congress and signed into law by President Adams in 1796.
As for offending your creator, your creator is quite clear that when you are told that you message is not wanted, you are to move on. Your message isn't wanted. This forum is about marriage and civil rights, not religion.
This thread is not about religion! Jonah1 protested, during his angry rant on religion.
F Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207550 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm going to give hell to Caligula for its being protected by ThoughtCrime legislation, then I most certainly will give hell to the religious types who have always tried to sell me on the supposedly biggest baddest ThoughtCrime legislator of all.
"He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for Goodness Sake!"
Rude, my ass.
You're confusing the peanut gallery. You're supposed to be a fundie. You're messing up their whole religion argument. They don't know how to react.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#207551 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down. No problem. Mellow...
Just don't start lying again.
I am perfectly calm Frankie, I do get tired of explaining simple English words to you. I really wish you would read a post before responding to it.

I made no claim, I didnít imply anything, I didnít state anything, I was just looking for clarification on an ambiguous post made by someone else, not you.

I am an investor, I donít know if KiMare has a problem with that or not.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207552 Aug 6, 2013
I said:

"Do you not care for their future, knowing of Folsom Street and "How Berkeley can YOU be?" ?"

And Big D said:

"I donít care about your question."

Behold the Lowest Common Denominator "parent".
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207553 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you're confusing the peanut gallery. You're supposed to be the dreaded fundie, it upsets the morons that you are not. Takes away the whole religion argument.
I've said all along that I play them on their turf. But of course you have to deal with a few meddlers that think they're gonna "save" you along the way.

From what, I still haven't figured out. Jessica Lunsford wasn't saved. Neither was Zahra Baker. Nor Jesse Dirkhising. So just what the hell is gonna "save" me?

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207554 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I'd share this with you it's on a sign behind the VFW bar.
"What is a veteran?"
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including their life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
We all write blank checks, Frankie...

I'm just not impressed with the self-aggrandizing that goes on in the military. You're always asking to be specially recognized for being warriors. You want--no, you DEMAND to be treated as heroes.

And who can blame you? Countries have always treated you like gods. They build monuments to you. They carve our special government programs for you and your families. They throw you parades on specially created holidays for you. Restaurants, car dealerships, furniture shops, etc. give you great discounts if you show a military ID.

I just don't buy into it.

You say that you fought for MY rights to be free. Exactly how did your fighting in Vietnam impact me?

It makes me sick to think that ANYBODY would pick up a gun or drop a bomb for MY benefit. I don't want that blood on my hands.

I know that I'm not alone. Many people feel that way. Entire religions feel that way. And several veterans feel that way as well.

I won't stand in the way while you pat yourself on the back. If that's what you MUST do. But don't expect me to participate in what I believe is a sickening display of "might makes right".

I've met heroes, Frankie. None of them were heroes because they pulled a trigger.

And to be clear, that does not make me unpatriotic. I love my country. I just don't love it enough to kill for it.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207555 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It said it goes to work it comes home and it looks at Topix. It said I'm a loser because I am rich enough that I don't have to work.
You too, huh?

Ain't it nice not having to live in Occustain City and bang on a little drum with a spoon and eat runny who-knows-what?

Knoxville, TN

#207556 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Geez. Get out the cape and fan.
Wow! That's rich coming from you...

Knoxville, TN

#207557 Aug 6, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>If homosexed weren't stressed by their disorder why do they try so hard to feel accepted? Your disorder will never let you feel adequate in society. Shows you're stressed, the discomania thing was a check, you lose.
Oh, I don't know... Maybe it's the same reason that racial minorities, women, religious minorities, the handicapped, etc. have fought the same battles to be "accepted" or "respected".

If you have some kind of keen insight that allows you to call us "disordered", then show us what it is. Are you and MD? Do you have an educational background that would allow us to refer to you as a scientist?

And I picked up on your ridiculous "discomania". I hardly lost. Anyone with access to Google can check these things out before posting. I did so and responded appropriately. I said "how stupid".

Pack it in, you scientific wannabe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Kim, Jae H MD - Jae H Kim MD (Oct '09) 7 hr What are we shygi... 84
hemet is heaven (Mar '10) Thu recruit gay ray 21
U.S. Post Office SUCKS (Apr '11) Thu tell your boy 97
Come on already! Tue Lady Morgana 6
Kings Inn Sun City (Way Back (Mar '14) May 25 marie 2
How Many Vacant Buildings In Hemet? (Aug '10) May 24 ed4christ 28
Zipline Express CarWash Memorial Day Savings! May 24 Zipline Express C... 1
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE