Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,960)

Showing posts 179,181 - 179,200 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Im still laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no answer to when you'll show up to back up all that talk?
You found the time to go to stalk me over to other threads to yap yap yap (about something other than other men's sphincters surprisingly), but still no date and time to with the place I gave you?
Funny how that is!
Maybe Miss Frankie is now Mrs. Frankie and you two are too busy honeymooning ... is that it?
OK, I guess that's understandable then!
I'd still watch out and make sure he/she (s/he?) doesn't cheat on you with your buddy Rockless Hudson though.
Well, if it ain't the steaming pile of tough guy.

When we set that time and place, tell everybody what you're gonna do, zit grrrrl.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
God has damned America. Look at us...
Hasn't our financial crisis been caused by our war spending?
Sticker shock

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Robbery movie actor 'milliseconds' from being shot by GPD police in LA suburb, Glendora, California is now a SUBURB?

Funny the idiots on the Glendora city council spew out BS that's it's the other way around?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
The wars that we have been involved in, since WWII, have been increasingly about America throwing her weight around. Viet Nam, it seems to me, was nothing more than a "weapons testing ground" that exacted a horrible toll on the youth of the time. I was younger, and more idealistic, than I am now, and see the "worthy battles" being replaced with global bullying. Wish I'd seen it earlier, but we have not been as altruistic as we once were. At one time, we were considered the "heros", but not anymore. As for the treatment of veterans, this country has not used the vitality and patriotism of the men and women well, nor have the men and women been treated well upon their return. The "Welcome Home" for the returnees from Desert Strom was a chance for the country to make good on the treatment that the VN vets were given. Not that such a stain could ever be erased. We've been used, as VV noted, to bully other countries, and the collateral damage that we've inflicted upon non-combatants has been shocking. The propaganda machines have been working overtime to justify some of our actions, and this mortifies me. However, the service has taken me places that I might not have gone to, and enabled me to do some pretty amazing things. All in all, I wish that our country was a better one, and that the global community had some respect and love for us, as they once did, instead of viewing us as the rich kids on the block, in need of dressing down. It'd be hard to sum up the experience of service, to any who haven't served, without posting an encylopedia. The next time you see a vet at the store, maybe offer to pay for his or her stuff, and thank them. They'll appreciate it more than words can express. We can't thank them enough.
An insightful and well thought out post... Certainly food for thought...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN Brother! And spot on.
Can anyone enlighten me about why a post like the one above gets negative judge its? I don't care if you agree with the man's opinions about homosexuality or not, there is some wisdom and honesty in the post above that deserves a bit more respect than has been offered.
I wondered about that too... How can anybody disagree with what he said? Do people just look at who is posting and automatically "judge" their comments as negative?

Christ, if you're going to take the time to participate in the "judge it game", you should at least read what is written.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Tail end of Vietnam. Wasn't called up. Had a higher calling.
Did you use the Bible for your war theology, or that voice in your head?
I used a little of both... I wonder why you think it's OK to make fun of my relationship with God?

I'd guess that a man of God has had a few conversations with Him in his lifetime. Or maybe you're just a literalist who has never taken the time to pray or seek God's guidance.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
The wars that we have been involved in, since WWII, have been increasingly about America throwing her weight around. Viet Nam, it seems to me, was nothing more than a "weapons testing ground" that exacted a horrible toll on the youth of the time. I was younger, and more idealistic, than I am now, and see the "worthy battles" being replaced with global bullying. Wish I'd seen it earlier, but we have not been as altruistic as we once were. At one time, we were considered the "heros", but not anymore. As for the treatment of veterans, this country has not used the vitality and patriotism of the men and women well, nor have the men and women been treated well upon their return. The "Welcome Home" for the returnees from Desert Strom was a chance for the country to make good on the treatment that the VN vets were given. Not that such a stain could ever be erased. We've been used, as VV noted, to bully other countries, and the collateral damage that we've inflicted upon non-combatants has been shocking. The propaganda machines have been working overtime to justify some of our actions, and this mortifies me. However, the service has taken me places that I might not have gone to, and enabled me to do some pretty amazing things. All in all, I wish that our country was a better one, and that the global community had some respect and love for us, as they once did, instead of viewing us as the rich kids on the block, in need of dressing down. It'd be hard to sum up the experience of service, to any who haven't served, without posting an encylopedia. The next time you see a vet at the store, maybe offer to pay for his or her stuff, and thank them. They'll appreciate it more than words can express. We can't thank them enough.
Many of todays politicians were the hippies of the Vietnam era, I blame them for the poor treatment of the Vets today. I also blame them for the down fall of this country, we are weaker today than ever before. America is nothing but a tight ass hippie paying for love with credit card. We give trillions in relief money to those countries who hate us, why?... our vets and their families need a piece of that pie to.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How is stating "Coasties were in Nam" nuts?
Don't ask me. They're the ones giving you the judgits. I agree with you. Probably the same way that me posting that life is precious is considered "nuts" and "spam" and ..... They just throw out those judgits without any sense of reality.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone enlighten me about why a post like the one above gets negative judge its? I don't care if you agree with the man's opinions about homosexuality or not, there is some wisdom and honesty in the post above that deserves a bit more respect than has been offered.
Thanks.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasn't our financial crisis been caused by our war spending?
Along with other spending. We're spending like it's going out of style.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right! Thank You
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered about that too... How can anybody disagree with what he said? Do people just look at who is posting and automatically "judge" their comments as negative?
Christ, if you're going to take the time to participate in the "judge it game", you should at least read what is written.
That's EXACTLY how it is done. Didn't you know that? No sarcasm here....
Randy Hudson

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
That's EXACTLY how it is done. Didn't you know that? No sarcasm here....
I vehemently disagree. please detect sarcasm here.
Jim Nabors

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I used a little of both... I wonder why you think it's OK to make fun of my relationship with God?
I'd guess that a man of God has had a few conversations with Him in his lifetime. Or maybe you're just a literalist who has never taken the time to pray or seek God's guidance.
So are you now saying it was God that told you to strangle those 2 boys and mutilate their bodies?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of todays politicians were the hippies of the Vietnam era, I blame them for the poor treatment of the Vets today. I also blame them for the down fall of this country, we are weaker today than ever before. America is nothing but a tight ass hippie paying for love with credit card. We give trillions in relief money to those countries who hate us, why?... our vets and their families need a piece of that pie to.
This country is being slowly and systematically destroyed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Im still laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no answer to when you'll show up to back up all that talk?
You found the time to go to stalk me over to other threads to yap yap yap (about something other than other men's sphincters surprisingly), but still no date and time to with the place I gave you?
Funny how that is!
Maybe Miss Frankie is now Mrs. Frankie and you two are too busy honeymooning ... is that it?
OK, I guess that's understandable then!
I'd still watch out and make sure he/she (s/he?) doesn't cheat on you with your buddy Rockless Hudson though.
If you gave him a time and a place, then perhaps he doesn't want to "gay marry" you...Easy, right?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I vehemently disagree. please detect sarcasm here.
If you're going to use my name, then you must be smart when you post...
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

I had no choice when it came to war. It was either jail or Nam. I went from High School, to boot camp, to Nam, in that order.
God Bless America and please bring back patriotism to this nation.
Amen

B/1st bat/26th Marines
Khe Sanh 67-68
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
If you gave him a time and a place, then perhaps he doesn't want to "gay marry" you...Easy, right?
The fruit kept repeating "say YES" over and over and over so I finally said yes, and the blustering blowhole pretty much disappeared.

It's about 14 years old, acts like it's a ninja or Navy SEAL or something. Mommie is usually out with the latest "uncle" so it puts on some kabuki theater for us.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to use my name, then you must be smart when you post...
Why? you aren't

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 179,181 - 179,200 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hemet Kmart! (May '13) 4 hr Pretty_Poison 28
Cops and Courts: July 22, 2014: Fair Avenue flo... 4 hr ANON 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 5 hr Left Hook 2,249
kim 6 hr Mad 3
HOMELAND: Torched car under investigation 11 hr DMW 1
Should Hemet area churches support Valley Restart? (Aug '10) 14 hr Just A Servant 213
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr Dollops 7,832
•••

Excessive Heat Watch for Riverside County was issued at July 22 at 3:53AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••