Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206504 Aug 2, 2013
Comedy Poofter wrote:
<quoted text>Your mother kept you under the double wide. I understand.
You lived under the stairs. My that would not HAPPEN WITH GAY PARRENTS.
God Bless those who live under the stairs
Smells like Mikey Stain®, spells like Mikey Stain®.

Since: Nov 12

Camptonville, CA

#206505 Aug 2, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that fundamentalist Christians are nasty, deceitful hypocrites? ALL your posts are an example of that.
Proof please?

Since: Nov 12

Camptonville, CA

#206506 Aug 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, discrimination based on race, creed, religion, sex, orientation or national origin is plain wrong
Does that include college enrollment?
Blogs

Covina, CA

#206507 Aug 2, 2013
It's all over the web and tweeters blogs too!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#206509 Aug 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for defending our right to have this conversation among many other things. I really appreciate it!
What ungrateful idiots like vv don't realize is, they would be in far worse places without the price of war.
Aren't you of an age that you might have been eligible to go to Vietnam, either voluntarily or by draft?
Near Death

Covina, CA

#206510 Aug 2, 2013
If the near death experience in Glendora, California Classic Coffee could have gone the other way if; must have been white kids. if they had been black in a hoodie they would have been dead.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#206511 Aug 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you of an age that you might have been eligible to go to Vietnam, either voluntarily or by draft?
You rag on me for going, now you're ragging on KiMare for not going. Will you clowns ever be happy? Oh well. Who cares.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#206512 Aug 2, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Does that include college enrollment?
It's not discrimination when Big D does it.
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#206513 Aug 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight parents BAD!!!!
Gay parents GOOD!!!
You really are that stupid aren't you Jizzy?
Ask all the Gay parents here, how many of them make thier kids live under a double wide. The question is are you galactically stupid?

God Bless galactically stupid, God Loves you Frank
( He does however wish your parents would have remained celibate.
sheesh

Cameron, NC

#206514 Aug 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Irving’s Laws of homosexual “debate”:
Rule One:
When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is “in the closet”.
Hey hyena boy, I hope you're willing to eat Irving's law. If you hadn't noticed ol' Gustypants was claiming I'm gay. Now you are. So much fer your law numnutz.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206515 Aug 2, 2013
Poofter wrote:
<quoted text>The question is are you galactically stupid?
He's not the one sliding his member into the diseased shitchute of another male, imbecile.
sheesh

Cameron, NC

#206516 Aug 2, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee what a great ending to such a heart wrenching story, you pervert. You are one sick puppy dont you feel silly?
No Gustypants, I was being silly, on porpoise. Now don't you feel dumb? I s'pect not as you are dumb and unaware of that little factoid. Carry on with your valuable contributions though.
Hoodies

Covina, CA

#206517 Aug 2, 2013
Another view on this matter; if the kids in the Classic Coffee August 01, 2013 "near death shoot out" had been black they would have been DEAD, but since they were all the right color for Glendora.

California then they were spared the death penalty that Zimmer gave someone in Florida.

Fred Sparling your a GOOF and your family TOO.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#206518 Aug 2, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:

"Did you know that fundamentalist Christians are nasty, deceitful hypocrites?"

Nice! It's not ignorant bigotry when Jonah1 does it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#206519 Aug 2, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I've never claimed that. You keep trying to put words in my mouth, but the reality is you are horrible at the practice and come off looking like an angst filled teenager.
A thousand pardons.
What I HAVE said, Pietro, is that state restrictions limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman do not serve a compelling governmental interest, and as such are unconstitutional.
Look Liddie, they do, but its simply not a compelling governmental interest you agree with. I get, you think SSM should be legal nation wide, I of course disagree. This is exchange is rather entertaining, but in the end we both know where we stand on the issue....not if you have a new angle...by all means .....bring it on.
I have invited you time and time again to offer such an interest, which would make denying same sex couples the right to marry constitutional, but you have consistently failed to do so.
Contradiction in that line. You combined "same sex couples" and "the right to marry", which we both know is to enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife. So how then does a same sex couple marry?

Procreation is “[o]ne of the prime purposes of matrimony.”– Maslow v. Maslow (1952) 117 Cal.App.2d. 237, 241.

“[P]rocreation of offspring could be considered one of the major purposes of marriage.”– Poe v. Gerstein (5th Cir. 1975) 517 F.2d 787, 796.

“[M]arriage exists as a protected legal institution primarily because of societal values associated with the propagation of the human race.”– Singer v. Hara (Wash. App. 1974) 522 P.2d 1187, 1195.

“The institution of marriage as a union of man and woman, uniquely involving the procreation and rearing of children within a family, is as old as the book of Genesis.”– Baker v. Nelson (Minn. 971) 191 N.W.2d 185, 186, appeal dismissed for want of a substantial federal question, 409 U.S. 810 (1972)

“Having children is a primary purpose of marriage.”– Heup v. Heup (Was. 1969) 172 N.W.2d 334, 336

“One of the primary purposes of matrimony is procreation.”– Zoglio v. Zoglio (D.C. App. 1960) 157 A.2d 627, 628

“[P]rocreation of children is one of the important ends of matrimony.”– Stegienko v. Stegienko (Mich. 1940) 295 N.W. 252, 254

“It has been said in many of the cases cited that one of the great purposes of marriage is procreation.”– Gard v. Gard (Mich. 1918 169 N.W.908, 912)

“One of the most important functions of wedlock is the procreation of children.”– Grover v. Zook (Wash. 1906) 87 P.638, 639.
Gustavo

North Hollywood, CA

#206520 Aug 2, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
No Gustypants, I was being silly, on porpoise. Now don't you feel dumb? I s'pect not as you are dumb and unaware of that little factoid. Carry on with your valuable contributions though.
You are a second class act. You were not being silly you were talking from the heart. You can't fool the thread you idiot
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#206521 Aug 2, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Ask all the Gay parents here, how many of them make thier kids live under a double wide. The question is are you galactically stupid?
God Bless galactically stupid, God Loves you Frank
( He does however wish your parents would have remained celibate.
Ask all straight parents here the same question moron. No one slept under a double wide, you made that up remember?

What a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#206522 Aug 2, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hyena boy, I hope you're willing to eat Irving's law. If you hadn't noticed ol' Gustypants was claiming I'm gay. Now you are. So much fer your law numnutz.
Jizzy's straight.

:|
sheesh

United States

#206523 Aug 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm puzzled,
We've noticed.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#206524 Aug 2, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a second class act. You were not being silly you were talking from the heart. You can't fool the thread you idiot
Is that you Bruno you silly jackass?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News of our Past: Ranch worker reports he saw a... Aug 24 Brian Jennings 1
News TemeculaRegistered sex offender accused of tryi... Aug 24 Jake- 1
Middle eastern people are racists Aug 24 iqawiyy1217 1
Cal Fire Sucks (Nov '11) Aug 23 calfirelove 53
Hemet - The worst city to live in california (Dec '14) Aug 23 Regolith Based Li... 44
Hemet Domestic violence. . bad and getting worst. Aug 22 Victoria Rode 23
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Aug 21 Vic_Rode 258

Hemet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages