Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,401 - 178,420 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
RoseRN

San Jose, CA

#205817 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t need to lie, I have the luxury of being right
Look around at others that claim people say what they have not said, those are the ones that are admitting defeat by being dishonest.
Remember me Mr grouper? Now we understand why you like wiener, Clinton and the San Diego mayor. By the way my husband is looking for you!
Rhobbin

Ashburn, VA

#205818 Jul 30, 2013
Why do liberals treat women so bad?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205819 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Many countries have no legal 'paper'.
Government involvement involves only limited 'benefits and protections'. Most benefits and protections are outside government control.
You make the ridiculous assertion that a piece of paper is the primary element of marriage. How romantic...
The bottom line is this;
A mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage has a piece of paper that claims they are the same as married couples.
LOL
<quoted text>
You clearly don't have the romance thing down. We just got done discussing that.
However, that wasn't the issue. It was about the primary essence of marriage. You have dumbed it down to a contract. A piece of paper.'Benefits'.
As to new material, what I addressed wasn't 'material', it is unchangeable reality. You know that, that's why you want to avoid it.
Smile.
Legal marriage in this country has always been about the "piece of paper". Otherwise, why would people bother to marry in the first place? Wouldn't they just shack up? Wouldn't they just go to a church and have a religious ceremony--not bother with getting a license? Even YOU got a marriage license and married your wife legally.

There are about 120,000,000 married people in the U.S.(60,000,000 couples) http://www.numberof.net/number%C2%A0of%C2%A0m... . They obviously thought it was important to them to have that piece of paper.

Wonder why? I guess they didn't know that you had issued an opinion that marriage licenses are out of fashion; that only unromantic people are getting them.

I'm sure that now you've made this announcement, the number of marriages will drop sharply.

I guess you're kind of like Jackie Kennedy and the pillbox hat.

Knoxville, TN

#205820 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pppssstttt..... Try throwing some rage at him, and listing more of his personal info. That ought to prove effective, in disputing his facts...
I posted the man's interests, which are readily available on his PUBLIC blog.

I'm sure if he didn't want his name to get around the internet, then he wouldn't have created a PUBLIC blog, which he then copied onto TOPIX.

Why are you so upset that his identity has been revealed? He's not a superhero. He's not working with the CIA or FBI or DEA.

He's just some schmoe with an opinion like all of us.

A few years back my name was posted on here multiple times. They even named my family. Big deal! I have had a photo of myself on TOPIX ever since I started posting here. It's not like I'm in hiding.

Are you in hiding? Would you be deeply embarrassed if people learned who you are?

Knoxville, TN

#205821 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
And...while you're thrashing about(uselessly), try sending out a flare to rally that corporate toadie, D, who likes to ignore the polls that show his lies clearly, that ought to do nicely. If the flare is ineffective, try shooting a "Big D" light off of the clouds, that ought to do... He always answers the call to battle against "Truth, Justice and The American Way"....
?????

Did I indicate that I am looking for any back-up?

Are you drinking again?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#205824 Jul 30, 2013
Rhobbin wrote:
Good question, I remember when Clinton got away with rape and groping and we all had to talk about what sex was or wasn't, then this Weiner guy and the San deigo mayor, but yet they campaign how they are the champions of women's rights....LOL

Long Beach, CA

#205825 Jul 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a real creep. You take this silly stuff way too seriously. Stop stalking. Get a life.
..said the troll who spends his whole day posting on this thread.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#205826 Jul 30, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I could smell something rotten. Of course it would be ole KiMare.
You should be used to smelling something rotten. It's obvious your boifriend doesn't clean down there and that is why you are an expert on "Rotten"

Long Beach, CA

#205827 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you responding to? You babble has nothing to do with my post.
Your babble has nothing to do with anything.
Dont owe the gop nothing

Sonoma, CA

#205828 Jul 30, 2013
Deport everybody except god's chosen. all the bums must go. when we take everything back in 2016 we begin the thousand years of god's reign and everybody goes and all the rolls are closed to the gimmmeees. the jerks what called us the reichspublicans did us no harm but maybe a favor with all the free publicity. JERKS. you and the demoncats will be working the borders pushing zombies out and keeping them out. MOP UP ON ALL AISLES, N O W.

Long Beach, CA

#205829 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
Who wouldn't want that .....
Your post made no sense. Please fail again.

Smile
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#205830 Jul 30, 2013
RoseRN wrote:
<quoted text>Remember me Mr grouper? Now we understand why you like wiener, Clinton and the San Diego mayor. By the way my husband is looking for you!
Is your husband bisexual?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205831 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Whimpered the troll who steals my schtick because he's too stupid to make up his own.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205832 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
guest babbled, having nothing to do with anything either.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205833 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post made no sense. Please fail again.
Smile
Likewise.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#205834 Jul 30, 2013
Topix is an opinion and BS thread for people to express their thoughts and emotions. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen . . .

Elk Grove, CA

#205835 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The post was a response to Big D. Are you Big D playing on the computer tonight?

Elk Grove, CA

#205836 Jul 30, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your husband bisexual?
Sounds like it is more of a violent meeting he wants to have with the D.

Elk Grove, CA

#205837 Jul 30, 2013
Rhobbin wrote:
Protecting women’s rights

President Obama believes a woman’s health care choices are personal decisions, best made with her doctor—without interference from politicians.

But when it comes to sexually abusing them....that 's another story....Bill Clinton, Mark Spitzer, Anthony Weiner, John Edwards, Ted Kennedy, and Bill Maher. Bob Filner, mayor of San Diego. The national media has largely ignored the scandal. Women's groups are silent. Nancy Pelosi, who worked with Filner for 10 years in Congress, said, "Don't identify him as my former colleague. What goes on in San Diego is up to the people of San Diego. I'm not here to make any judgments." Just imagine how Pelosi would react if Filner was a conservative. You and I both know that her attitude would be completely different if that was the case.

Elk Grove, CA

#205838 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
takes one to know one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr lechezz 4,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Tank ever 7,926
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 14 hr Chris 49
The Waterfalls (May '09) 17 hr Chris 20
HEMET GAYS! new2this Wed Chris 7
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) Wed umyeah 474
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) Aug 26 michelle 58
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••