Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,121 - 178,140 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling out liars is why people are leaving religion?
LOL
No, people are leaving religion because they don't want the possibility of being associated with filthy people like you.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife just informed me I'd have a non-functioning penis if I tried it anyway...
Damn fundies, always obsessed and discussing their private parts. You people are disgusting.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A relationship between a homosexual couple is no different than a relationship between a heterosexual couple.
As long as both are opposite sex.
Both can be based on love, mutual respect, commitment, common interests, monogamy, and intimacy. These are the things that unite any couple.
Also characteristics present in various other human relationships.
Both can have families, either through procreation or adoption.
The former needs both sexes.
Both can be an asset to their community, to their church, to their extended families.
And as we're seeing throughout the country and around the world, both can be legally recognized through marriage.
But in the same way.
Gays and lesbians have been having relationships, whether they were formally and openly recognized or not, for eons.
SSSB is not new. "Gay and lesbian" is.
The piece of paper that states that they are married and all of the rights and protections that come along with marriage has been the only change that we've seen. Well, that and the fact that there are more religions than ever before that are embracing gays and lesbians AND their relationships AND their families.
Different foundation, different expectations.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Can you imagine if heterosexual marriages were called before the courts and scrutinized the way same-sex marriages have been?

Can you imagine a group of couples who have had abortions, extramarital affairs, multiple divorces, dead-beat dads, etc. having to try to argue why it is that heterosexuals should have the right to marry?

The state could show statistics about how unstable heterosexual marriages have become over the past few decades. They could ask courts to either eliminate states supported heterosexual marriages or they could argue for severe restrictions on heterosexual marriages; making potential couples go through a series of medical and psychiatric tests, just to make sure that couples are truly worthy of marriage.

That's what gays have had to do. We have been scrutinized and had our personal lives investigated at every step of the way in the fight to obtain the right to marry.

And while many straight couples would qualify for marriage after being thoroughly tested; many would not qualify. They would be banned from marriage.

I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness of the arguments that Kim keeps making, especially the argument that only couples who have the ability or potential to procreate should be allowed to marry.

If he and others are going to so narrowly define marriage for gays, then they need to narrowly define it for themselves. They need to put structures in place that would reduce domestic violence, abortion, child abuse/neglect, parental abandonment, divorce, adultery, etc. BEFORE a heterosexual couple could marry.

What's good for the chimera goose is good for the devastatingly gorgeous gander.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Mikey Stain the gravel eater wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk'n to me licker? I think your dementia has set in pappy, Fk off.
No, I wasn't actually talking to an imbecile, just adjusting the position of my boot on it's neck.
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

++++++++=

Will China's economy crash?
By Michael Pettis, Special to CNN
updated 7:47 AM EDT, Mon July 29, 2013

Should we be concerned about China?
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Michael Pettis: Some experts think that China's economy is in big trouble
Pettis: Most likely, China's growth rate will decline in the coming years
He says the country needs to shift from investment to consumption model
Pettis: If China recalibrates its economy in the right way, everyone will benefit

Editor's note: Michael Pettis is a professor of finance at Peking University, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and author of "The Great Rebalancing" (Princeton University Press).

+++++++==

Related to the above, all along just a couples of months ago, you were told China's economy will fall sooner or faster than ever.

Its economy uprising is basically using your money to buy theirs, where US-that-Bush (who is still wanted by the world as a definite War Criminal very badly) started that by promoting that China to pose to this world with lots of problems, especially to US people, and US Obama could not do anything about it. Look at what US right now is as it is a gangland of tyrant police state beyond hacking.

Look at what Iraq is now with lots of daily big bombings, when to this time, no wonder the stupidity of Bush said history would vindicate him because stupidity has no limit.

Not necessarily the whole world will fall, and still other economies will grow, like Russia's, India's and some Latin American countries', including even South and North Korea's and some others'.

That Bush has been wrong in everything, including making the man-made hysteria of Axis-of-evil.

Despite US economic professors have won Nobel Prize in Economics, they are the ones who are still confused.

Those are fools because NO ONE CAN SAVE IT.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality changed immediately. Remember my post about all of those thousands of same-sex couples who went out and got marriage licenses just after the Supreme Court decision came down?
Heterosexual couples have made a mockery of marriage. Millions of kids without a father figure. Abortions used as birth control. Divorce rampant.
Good God, you guys are lucky it wasn't heterosexual marriage being argued before a court. With your track record, it probably wouldn't have stood a chance.
And homosexuals are gonna fix it and make it all better. Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You stop using words like sterile, procreation, or any reference to having children and I will stop calling you on it...
Too funny!

You stop being a pompous ass and we'll stop calling you on it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, people are leaving religion because they don't want the possibility of being associated with filthy people like you.
That's not the reason dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn fundies, always obsessed and discussing their private parts. You people are disgusting.
Likewise.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And homosexuals are gonna fix it and make it all better. Priceless.
No, dear, you missed my point...

If heterosexual marriages were scrutinized to the same degree that homosexual marriages have been, then many heterosexual marriages simply would not meet the "standard" that so many of the people in here say must be met in order to qualify for marriage.

Do you se what I'm saying?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Major announcement from the Vatican...

"Pope Francis reached out to gays, saying he won't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference Monday as he returned from his first foreign trip.

'If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?' Francis asked.'We shouldn't marginalize people for this. They must be integrated into society'."

----------

WOW!
Libbie Buster

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

You have either two choices in this discussion, you came from NOTHING then BANG or you came from SOMETHING, period.

Fact is, there is not a HOMOSEXUAL race of humans or for that matter any other warm blooded creature that can survive without the aid of adoption, DNA manipulation. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reproduce being HOMOSEXUAL naturally..

Lastly, what is with the "gay" term, are you not proud of who you are as a HOMOSEXUAL? You have to change a word or ideal to promote what you claim is total freedom? What other mask do you wish to hide behind? Be proud you are HOMOSEXUAL, use the term with pride or be forever a hypocrite.

Break the argument as Wilkow says.. break it. NULL!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If heterosexual marriages were scrutinized to the same degree that homosexual marriages have been, then many heterosexual marriages simply would not meet the "standard" that so many of the people in here say must be met in order to qualify for marriage.
You said heterosexuals have made a mockery of marriage and implied that homosexuals will not. I submit the mockery will continue now that gay marriage is legal.

I support SSM but I am under no delusions that you will do any better than heterosexuals have.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Major announcement from the Vatican...
"Pope Francis reached out to gays, saying he won't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference Monday as he returned from his first foreign trip.
'If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?' Francis asked.'We shouldn't marginalize people for this. They must be integrated into society'."
----------
WOW!
What's the big surprise? Life is trying desperately to easy the population pressures before all out war or another Nazi style extermination happens.

Really, you hohos are so childish, so uneducated.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Cute joke I read today...

12 priests were about to be ordained. The final test was for them to line up in a straight row, totally nude in a garden while a sexy and beautiful, big-breasted, nude model danced before them.

Each priest had a small bell attached to his penis and they were told that anyone whose bell rang when she danced in front of them would not be ordained because he had not reached a state of spiritual purity.

The beautiful model danced before the first candidate, with no reaction.

She proceeded down the line with the same response from all the priests until she got to the final priest, Carlos.

As she danced, his bell began to ring so loudly that it flew off and fell clattering to the ground. Embarrassed, Carlos took a few steps forward, and bent over to pick it up.

Then, all the other bells started to ring, and all hell broke loose....
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions and millions of people, likely including the people that are making these statements.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You said heterosexuals have made a mockery of marriage and implied that homosexuals will not. I submit the mockery will continue now that gay marriage is legal.
I support SSM but I am under no delusions that you will do any better than heterosexuals have.
Oh, maybe the mockery will continue. You know, I say to Kim and Rock that we'll make better marriages simply to annoy them.

They take such great delight in telling us that our marriages don't count.

It annoys me that they do this, so I feel that turn-about is fair play.

Nevertheless, I will stand by my comment that heterosexual marriages could not stand the level of study and scrutiny that has been heaped on same-sex marriages for the past several years.

If people looked at heterosexual marriage the way they've judged and picked apart gay relationships, there's not a doubt in my mind that they couldn't pass muster.

Seriously... If they're going to look at every single aspect of same-sex marriage and demand that we aren't fit, then their marriages should be just as closely inspected.

So, if they're going to continue to insist that only certain people should be allowed to marry, then I'm going to suggest that probing investigations be done on couples who wish to marry. They should be evaluated for potential adultery problems, divorce likelihood, anger management issues (to stem any abuse problems), etc.

And only after they've passed these rigorous tests should they be issued a license to marry.

That way, people like Kimare Kardashian, could be certain that only the cream of the crop are allowed to marry.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Frakie Rizzo is a very mentally sick boi. Please seek mental help boi . . .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr Ocean 7,835
Vacationing family loses thousands in bicycle t... 10 hr Donny B 5
Black Hair salon in hemet 15 hr Chris 43
topix needs to remove ads 21 hr ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) 21 hr underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee 21 hr thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... 21 hr what 2
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 7:52PM PDT