Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205505 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I think I did list them... Heterosexual relationships and homosexual relationships. Those are the two.
You keep saying that "Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage. A defective failure of mating behavior. Ss marriage is an oxymoron."
You're the one who keeps dragging procreation and mating behavior into the conversation; insisting that they be present, otherwise a couple cannot be married.
And you always conveniently forget that even though same-sex couples don't procreate, we do adopt children. So, we have families. While you might not define these groups of people living under the same roof as "families", they are indeed families.
Another lie. You didn't list the relationships that exist apart from sex and procreation that are not called marriage. Virtually every personal relationship that exists qualifies.

I drag nothing into marriage. I simply note that mating behavior is the basis for marriage and procreation has no need to be 'demanded'. They are the very foundation and only reason for the social constraint of marriage.

Nor do I 'forget' anything. There is a vast distinction between offspring of marriage and all other default situation.

Homosexuals can live a lie if they want. You cannot demand that I live that lie with you, or be quiet about pointing it out.

Location hidden

#205506 Jul 29, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have a triplicate marriage? I'd kill to have two vaginas in my marriage!
LOL

The lesbian has a dusty non-functioning vagina, and I didn't want to be married to a Hillary.

Location hidden

#205507 Jul 29, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have a triplicate marriage? I'd kill to have two vaginas in my marriage!
My wife just informed me I'd have a non-functioning penis if I tried it anyway...
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#205508 Jul 29, 2013
laughing man wrote:
Only 2 sets of negative smilies in 8 minutes?
C'mon, Mikey Stain, you hit like a grrrrrl.
You talk'n to me licker? I think your dementia has set in pappy, Fk off.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205509 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you list them.
I never said procreation was a requirement. I said you lied about ss couples being capable of mutual procreation.
You mention it constantly

as there are millions of couples even before same sex marriage without the ability to have children you have been belittling people non-stop who are married

You are an excellent example of why people are leaving religion

the only thing you have been taught is hatred and spite, that doesn't sell as well as it used to

Location hidden

#205510 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You mention it constantly
as there are millions of couples even before same sex marriage without the ability to have children you have been belittling people non-stop who are married
You are an excellent example of why people are leaving religion
the only thing you have been taught is hatred and spite, that doesn't sell as well as it used to
Calling out liars is why people are leaving religion?

LOL
Nurse Kratchett

Sonoma, CA

#205511 Jul 29, 2013
The radio whiz has just said the bacmann states that anthony wiener is why the gay egyptians are rioting and that we should have sample pictures on the ballots for each election so that people can really chose who is best fitted for the job. Holey Moley, did she mean that? My charges here in the home are all up and hollering about this, most think it is a good idea. We are going to introduce a little noctec calm at snack time and be sure they take it.
Bingo

Monrovia, CA

#205512 Jul 29, 2013
In a small New England town where dozens of retired policemen and firefighters are, offering a glimpse into what could happen to thousands of public workers in Detroit facing massive reductions in pension payouts after the city's declaration of bankruptcy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205513 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You stop using words like sterile, procreation, or any reference to having children and I will stop calling you on it.

No that isnít the reason, people like you in general are the reason. Full of hatred for your fellow man, spite and constant belittling of others, that is one reason people are leaving.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#205514 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
No, people are leaving religion because they don't want the possibility of being associated with filthy people like you.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#205515 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife just informed me I'd have a non-functioning penis if I tried it anyway...
Damn fundies, always obsessed and discussing their private parts. You people are disgusting.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205516 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A relationship between a homosexual couple is no different than a relationship between a heterosexual couple.
As long as both are opposite sex.
Both can be based on love, mutual respect, commitment, common interests, monogamy, and intimacy. These are the things that unite any couple.
Also characteristics present in various other human relationships.
Both can have families, either through procreation or adoption.
The former needs both sexes.
Both can be an asset to their community, to their church, to their extended families.
And as we're seeing throughout the country and around the world, both can be legally recognized through marriage.
But in the same way.
Gays and lesbians have been having relationships, whether they were formally and openly recognized or not, for eons.
SSSB is not new. "Gay and lesbian" is.
The piece of paper that states that they are married and all of the rights and protections that come along with marriage has been the only change that we've seen. Well, that and the fact that there are more religions than ever before that are embracing gays and lesbians AND their relationships AND their families.
Different foundation, different expectations.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205517 Jul 29, 2013
Can you imagine if heterosexual marriages were called before the courts and scrutinized the way same-sex marriages have been?

Can you imagine a group of couples who have had abortions, extramarital affairs, multiple divorces, dead-beat dads, etc. having to try to argue why it is that heterosexuals should have the right to marry?

The state could show statistics about how unstable heterosexual marriages have become over the past few decades. They could ask courts to either eliminate states supported heterosexual marriages or they could argue for severe restrictions on heterosexual marriages; making potential couples go through a series of medical and psychiatric tests, just to make sure that couples are truly worthy of marriage.

That's what gays have had to do. We have been scrutinized and had our personal lives investigated at every step of the way in the fight to obtain the right to marry.

And while many straight couples would qualify for marriage after being thoroughly tested; many would not qualify. They would be banned from marriage.

I'm just trying to point out the ridiculousness of the arguments that Kim keeps making, especially the argument that only couples who have the ability or potential to procreate should be allowed to marry.

If he and others are going to so narrowly define marriage for gays, then they need to narrowly define it for themselves. They need to put structures in place that would reduce domestic violence, abortion, child abuse/neglect, parental abandonment, divorce, adultery, etc. BEFORE a heterosexual couple could marry.

What's good for the chimera goose is good for the devastatingly gorgeous gander.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205518 Jul 29, 2013
Mikey Stain the gravel eater wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk'n to me licker? I think your dementia has set in pappy, Fk off.
No, I wasn't actually talking to an imbecile, just adjusting the position of my boot on it's neck.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#205519 Jul 29, 2013
++++++++=

Will China's economy crash?
By Michael Pettis, Special to CNN
updated 7:47 AM EDT, Mon July 29, 2013

Should we be concerned about China?
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Michael Pettis: Some experts think that China's economy is in big trouble
Pettis: Most likely, China's growth rate will decline in the coming years
He says the country needs to shift from investment to consumption model
Pettis: If China recalibrates its economy in the right way, everyone will benefit

Editor's note: Michael Pettis is a professor of finance at Peking University, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and author of "The Great Rebalancing" (Princeton University Press).

+++++++==

Related to the above, all along just a couples of months ago, you were told China's economy will fall sooner or faster than ever.

Its economy uprising is basically using your money to buy theirs, where US-that-Bush (who is still wanted by the world as a definite War Criminal very badly) started that by promoting that China to pose to this world with lots of problems, especially to US people, and US Obama could not do anything about it. Look at what US right now is as it is a gangland of tyrant police state beyond hacking.

Look at what Iraq is now with lots of daily big bombings, when to this time, no wonder the stupidity of Bush said history would vindicate him because stupidity has no limit.

Not necessarily the whole world will fall, and still other economies will grow, like Russia's, India's and some Latin American countries', including even South and North Korea's and some others'.

That Bush has been wrong in everything, including making the man-made hysteria of Axis-of-evil.

Despite US economic professors have won Nobel Prize in Economics, they are the ones who are still confused.

Those are fools because NO ONE CAN SAVE IT.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205520 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality changed immediately. Remember my post about all of those thousands of same-sex couples who went out and got marriage licenses just after the Supreme Court decision came down?
Heterosexual couples have made a mockery of marriage. Millions of kids without a father figure. Abortions used as birth control. Divorce rampant.
Good God, you guys are lucky it wasn't heterosexual marriage being argued before a court. With your track record, it probably wouldn't have stood a chance.
And homosexuals are gonna fix it and make it all better. Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205521 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You stop using words like sterile, procreation, or any reference to having children and I will stop calling you on it...
Too funny!

You stop being a pompous ass and we'll stop calling you on it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205522 Jul 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, people are leaving religion because they don't want the possibility of being associated with filthy people like you.
That's not the reason dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205523 Jul 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn fundies, always obsessed and discussing their private parts. You people are disgusting.
Likewise.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205524 Jul 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And homosexuals are gonna fix it and make it all better. Priceless.
No, dear, you missed my point...

If heterosexual marriages were scrutinized to the same degree that homosexual marriages have been, then many heterosexual marriages simply would not meet the "standard" that so many of the people in here say must be met in order to qualify for marriage.

Do you se what I'm saying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council 1 hr Grapes and Tomatoes 22
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
david steidell (Aug '07) Fri huhwhathaha 13
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
HemetHEMET: Firefighters not giving up fight to... Sep 18 West end Resident 2
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••