Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, www.cnn.com story titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#204949 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument.
Look at the city it comes from before you assume anything, there are people pretending to be others around here.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204950 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could talk to Newt Gingrich about remaining faithful to one's wedding vows.
(Smiling) Point and counterpoint.....Jane you......awwww....you know the rest of that line.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204951 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it led to less divorce, find the post where I did.
You really need to learn to read, there are remedial English lessons you can take.
There are people that should not stay married, and those are the people that rely on the government to keep them together rather than work on their relationships.
Oy vey. You said people are more likely to work on their marriages with no fault divorce. Statistics say otherwise. But as usual facts be damned! Big D has proclaimed it! Evidence? No need. Everyone knows it.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204952 Jul 26, 2013
Prop 8 is Law wrote:
<quoted text>No, disrespect but you can not turn a political crap shoot into something stable. The gay activists do not care about harm, they only care about cause and effect. If they were pedophiles, many are, they would be doing the same thing.
They have used the APA to lie about homosexuality not being a choice and not being a mental condition and not being able to be cured.
They do not want all to know that the same mental psychosis that causes gays and some straight to be attracted to children causes gays to be attracted to the same sex.
Answer this, do you think that nicotine and alcohol are the problem, or is it addiction?
When a gay man is attracted to a 14-17 year old boy is he attracted to a child or to a young youth? Is it a boundary issue or a pedophile issue?
Second, when a child is abused and grows up to choose homosexuality, and this repeatedly happens, why do gay activists ignore and try to silence the medical profession which says that it is a primary causation factor for homosexuality?
If these issues are out there, they shall always remain. It is a hurdle that you all do not wish to climb.
Christ... There is so much wrong with this commentary. It's hard to know where to start.

1.) Psychologists, medical professionals, and scientists determine what should and should not be considered an illness based on two factors:(a) does the issue cause significant emotional or physical harm to the individual? and (b) does the issue impact the individual's ability to function in the greater community?
Homosexuality does neither of these things. There are millions of happy, functional, law abiding gay and lesbian people living around the world.
THIS is why homosexuality was removed from the list of disorders.

2.) The vast majority of pedophiles in this country have the following common characteristics: educated, Caucasian, married, male, and religious. So, I'm not sure where you get your information about many gays being pedophiles, but it's a myth. You have been corrected. Please don't allow this complete and utter lie escape your lips again.

3.) If a gay OR straight man OR woman acts to have sex with a minor, it is considered child abuse or pedophilia, determining on how the jurisdiction defines the crime.
A person's orientation or gender does not matter when it comes to enforcing the law.

4.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional or psychiatric professional has shown a causative effect between childhood sexual abuse and the victim's choice to become gay.

5.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional, or psychiatric professional has determined that people CHOOSE to become gay.
Keep in mind that gays and lesbians make up a very small minority of people around the world--anywhere from 4% to 6% depending on the figure. How on earth could such a small minority have the tremendous political pressure that you claim we possess? How could such a small number of people force scientists, physicians, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals to change their minds regarding homosexuality being a choice.

----------

Based on what you wrote, you are an uneducated person who doesn't allow the facts to stand in your way when you spout such ridiculousness.

I often say to people on this forum that it's better to do a minimum of research on the issue before you open your mouth and expose yourself to be totally wrong.

Obviously you have a computer. You could Google any one of the issues you brought up. You obviously can read. You can go to any library and do a small amount of research. You have NO excuse for being ignorant in this day and age.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204953 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the city it comes from before you assume anything, there are people pretending to be others around here.
Don't be so paranoid, I knew it wasn't you. Calm down. Not everything is about you.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#204954 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. Heterosexual failure and abuse is an excuse for homosexuals.
Do you think about what you write, or just barf it out???
Same could be said for you...
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204955 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I lie. Why Jizzy why?
You confuse refusal to be PC with hate. Because you are stupid. And PC above all else.
I accept Gays and lesbians as my equal, not because of political correctness, but because they to are human. I accept all people as my equal, not becuase of PC, but because its the right thing todo. You refuse to accept anyone other than your less than truthful cohorts. I see you as you are, a bitter person. And I can accept that, now do you like the way you are?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204956 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. Heterosexual failure and abuse is an excuse for homosexuals.
Do you think about what you write, or just barf it out???
Here again, you seem to think that homosexuals are looking at how heterosexuals live their married lives--trying to learn from you.

We're adults. We know what we want out of marriage.

Just because you guys screw up your marriages doesn't mean that we have any intention of doing the same.

God, the absolute arrogance you have! You honestly believe that gays look up to you--believing that you know better than us as to how to live our lives.

Look up heterosexist and heterosexism.

What a douche...
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204957 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ... There is so much wrong with this commentary. It's hard to know where to start.
1.) Psychologists, medical professionals, and scientists determine what should and should not be considered an illness based on two factors:(a) does the issue cause significant emotional or physical harm to the individual? and (b) does the issue impact the individual's ability to function in the greater community?
Homosexuality does neither of these things. There are millions of happy, functional, law abiding gay and lesbian people living around the world.
THIS is why homosexuality was removed from the list of disorders.
2.) The vast majority of pedophiles in this country have the following common characteristics: educated, Caucasian, married, male, and religious. So, I'm not sure where you get your information about many gays being pedophiles, but it's a myth. You have been corrected. Please don't allow this complete and utter lie escape your lips again.
3.) If a gay OR straight man OR woman acts to have sex with a minor, it is considered child abuse or pedophilia, determining on how the jurisdiction defines the crime.
A person's orientation or gender does not matter when it comes to enforcing the law.
4.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional or psychiatric professional has shown a causative effect between childhood sexual abuse and the victim's choice to become gay.
5.) Please show me where any legitimate scientist, medical professional, or psychiatric professional has determined that people CHOOSE to become gay.
Keep in mind that gays and lesbians make up a very small minority of people around the world--anywhere from 4% to 6% depending on the figure. How on earth could such a small minority have the tremendous political pressure that you claim we possess? How could such a small number of people force scientists, physicians, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals to change their minds regarding homosexuality being a choice.
----------
Based on what you wrote, you are an uneducated person who doesn't allow the facts to stand in your way when you spout such ridiculousness.
I often say to people on this forum that it's better to do a minimum of research on the issue before you open your mouth and expose yourself to be totally wrong.
Obviously you have a computer. You could Google any one of the issues you brought up. You obviously can read. You can go to any library and do a small amount of research. You have NO excuse for being ignorant in this day and age.
Let me help, my Brother.
The poster that you replied to is none other than the Doctor, a well known bull shat artist. He has no facts, spine, or a damn clue. He is the perfect example of a wack job fundie. But I can accept him as a person, a poor example,but a person

If he posts back, he will not supply any links, as they do not exist.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204958 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We can list sleazebags on both sides of this fence, what's the point?
Are you saying gay famous people are more moral than straight famous people? Is that what you're doing Bunky?
I'm only responding to someone who seemed to claim that a somewhat famous gay radio personality supported "monogam-ish" relationships; as though all gay people feel this way.

And I pointed out that their comment was about as valid as saying Newt Gingrich is an example of how all straight, married people look at their wedding vows.

For the record, I would never tolerate anything other than a 100% monogamous relationship. A boyfriend of mine--an attorney who was often out of town--once asked me, "What if we saw people on the side? We'd still be boyfriends, just played with other guys."

I told him he could put his dick in his pants and get out of my house. Never responded to any of his calls; wouldn't see him again.

My thought was if he was asking for permission, he'd already fooled around.

I'm not interested in that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204959 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I accept Gays and lesbians as my equal, not because of political correctness, but because they to are human. I accept all people as my equal, not becuase of PC, but because its the right thing todo. You refuse to accept anyone other than your less than truthful cohorts. I see you as you are, a bitter person. And I can accept that, now do you like the way you are?
Let's cut through your angry bullsh!t. The bottom line is I support marriage equality and you do not.

Your little game of trying to pin a bitter hater label on me is a fail. You are the hater, not I.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204960 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy vey. You said people are more likely to work on their marriages with no fault divorce. Statistics say otherwise. But as usual facts be damned! Big D has proclaimed it! Evidence? No need. Everyone knows it.
the problem is your assumptions

you equate Divorce = always bad for kids

I don’t

I have seen kids in terrible marriages, I have seen the damage

I equate People willing to work on their relationships to keep their marriage strong = good

I also equate people that are not willing to work on their relationships and rely on the government to keep their marriage together = bad

My “goal” is not to lower the divorce rate, my “goal” is to encourage people to not rely on the government and work on their relationships to build a stronger family, I think that is better than your “relationship welfare program”( chuckle )
Sign Up

Monrovia, CA

#204962 Jul 26, 2013
July 2013
Communist China is awash in it's own prosperity and has to slow or stop production of nearly finish raw materials.
The melt down has started, a revolution is brewing inside Communist China.
July 3013

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204963 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Let me help, my Brother.
The poster that you replied to is none other than the Doctor, a well known bull shat artist. He has no facts, spine, or a damn clue. He is the perfect example of a wack job fundie. But I can accept him as a person, a poor example,but a person
If he posts back, he will not supply any links, as they do not exist.
I certainly help the heads-up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204964 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem is your assumptions
you equate Divorce = always bad for kids
I don’t
I have seen kids in terrible marriages, I have seen the damage
I equate People willing to work on their relationships to keep their marriage strong = good
I also equate people that are not willing to work on their relationships and rely on the government to keep their marriage together = bad
My “goal” is not to lower the divorce rate, my “goal” is to encourage people to not rely on the government and work on their relationships to build a stronger family, I think that is better than your “relationship welfare program”( chuckle )
You're trying to tell us people will work harder on their marriages with no fault divorce than without it. I call bullsh!t.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204965 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I accept Gays and lesbians as my equal, not because of political correctness, but because they to are human. I accept all people as my equal, not becuase of PC, but because its the right thing todo.
I'm real proud of you for that Jizzy! Real proud!

So accept me. It's the right thing to do!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204966 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to tell us people will work harder on their marriages with no fault divorce than without it. I call bullsh!t.
I call bulls!it on your bullsh!t

Of course they do, they are not relying on the government to keep their family together.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204967 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Let me help, my Brother.
The poster that you replied to is none other than the Doctor, a well known bull shat artist. He has no facts, spine, or a damn clue. He is the perfect example of a wack job fundie. But I can accept him as a person, a poor example,but a person
If he posts back, he will not supply any links, as they do not exist.
You have that exactly right

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204968 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I accept Gays and lesbians as my equal, not because of political correctness, but because they to are human. I accept all people as my equal, not becuase of PC, but because its the right thing todo. You refuse to accept anyone other than your less than truthful cohorts. I see you as you are, a bitter person. And I can accept that, now do you like the way you are?
So does that mean all men should be treated as men, and all women should be treated as women?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204969 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem is your assumptions
you equate Divorce = always bad for kids
I don’t
I have seen kids in terrible marriages, I have seen the damage
I equate People willing to work on their relationships to keep their marriage strong = good
I also equate people that are not willing to work on their relationships and rely on the government to keep their marriage together = bad
My “goal” is not to lower the divorce rate, my “goal” is to encourage people to not rely on the government and work on their relationships to build a stronger family, I think that is better than your “relationship welfare program”( chuckle )
So why not just remove the government from the process?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HEMET: Information, not cash, for panhandlers (Feb '12) 17 hr Chris 18
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) Thu Flora 69
Lou Pittam's Store (Apr '10) Apr 21 Iremember 6
HemetHEMET: Water future murky Apr 21 Badskpr 1
Netflix Apr 20 Cassierae 1
Hemet Police blotter (Feb '08) Apr 20 Djj12 26
News Hemet man arrested; newborns in hospital (Jul '07) Apr 18 tee 23
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]