Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,318

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204884 Jul 26, 2013
Polygamy deserves the SAME respect and consideration as SSM.

Marriage. There is no one right way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204885 Jul 26, 2013
As VV says, what harm would someone elses marriage cause yours?

Support VV's right to marry more than one man.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204886 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do, including my own, but our love and respect for one another, and the knowledge that divorce was a very real and very easy option helped us to overcome our difficulties, and decide that we wanted to remain with one another. It strengthened our marriage, and our working on our relationship as a priority instead of depending on a law that re-forges wedding rings into handcuffs, benefited ourselves, our marriage and our children.
no fault divorce strengthened the marriages of people that actually should be married to one another. Makes their relationship a priority in their lives without the crutch of law.
So you're saying you stayed married despite no fault divorce. Real proud of you! But that's not an argument for no fault divorce.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204887 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying you stayed married despite no fault divorce. Real proud of you! But that's not an argument for no fault divorce.
No I am saying that the ease of divorce means that people in abusive relationships do not need to stay married, and people in good relationships work more activly to strengthen thier relationships.

That is a good thing, more poeple that are married today, are happy in thier relationships then before No fault divorce

that is a good thing
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#204888 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post references for your claims.
Why? You don't!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204889 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
Divorce numbers mean nothing, you should be looking at people that stay married because they want to be married and work together on their relationships, that has increased dramatically.
Tell that to the children whose father, or mother walked out because the law weakened divorce laws.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#204890 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy deserves the SAME respect and consideration as SSM.
BS..Polygamy is Pure greed..and not worthy of ANY respect.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204893 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the children whose father, or mother walked out because the law weakened divorce laws.
Tell that to the children physically and mentally abused with no way out because the wedding rings were re-forged into handcuffs

Using the crutch of law to keep people together does not make a better home for children, your are kidding yourself.

What makes a better home for children are parents that actively work on their marriages, that want to be together in a happy and stable family. Not just forced to be together by the crutch of law, but that actively work together to make a happy home.

You are looking at this whole thing backwards
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204895 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Bill you big silly galoot!
$3 Bill, aka Old SniffsButts Bill from Livermore. Fake bronze star and all.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Put down the hate hammer Frank.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204896 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a case of polyphobia.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204898 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the children physically and mentally abused with no way out because the wedding rings were re-forged into handcuffs
Laws exist, and did exist to address those situation. A crime is a crime. Nice try Big Denial.
Using the crutch of law to keep people together does not make a better home for children, your are kidding yourself.
You're kidding yourself to think that the force of law hasn't encouraged families to stay together and work things out far more often than the reverse. Why bother with legal marriage at all if a couple needs the state to begin with?
What makes a better home for children are parents that actively work on their marriages, that want to be together in a happy and stable family. Not just forced to be together by the crutch of law, but that actively work together to make a happy home.
Having the law behind the family, holding mothers/wives and fathers/husbands accountable, helps them and their children. Every family has ups and downs. The law should encourage families to stay together, absent abuse, neglect, or some other LEGITIMATE grounds, not to. Why do you wish to weaken the nuclear family?
Soaking

Monrovia, CA

#204900 Jul 26, 2013
Pinto beans have to soak a long time too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204901 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite. What harm would a marriage of three consenting adult atheist men cause you Mikey?

If polygamy were legal it would still be so rare you'd probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204902 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Put down the hate hammer Frank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_5IVuN1N6-YXX
Cute song. For the seventies. But it's the 21st century Jizzy.

Who do I hate dummy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204903 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a case of polyphobia.
Yes. And hate. And bigotry. And hypocrisy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204904 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the children physically and mentally abused with no way out because the wedding rings were re-forged into handcuffs...
Oh spare us.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204905 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws exist, and did exist to address those situation. A crime is a crime. Nice try Big Denial.
<quoted text>
You're kidding yourself to think that the force of law hasn't encouraged families to stay together and work things out far more often than the reverse. Why bother with legal marriage at all if a couple needs the state to begin with?
<quoted text>
Having the law behind the family, holding mothers/wives and fathers/husbands accountable, helps them and their children. Every family has ups and downs. The law should encourage families to stay together, absent abuse, neglect, or some other LEGITIMATE grounds, not to. Why do you wish to weaken the nuclear family?
I donít, why do you?

I want to strengthen the nuclear family, and you do that by actually working on your relationship and your family, not by relying on laws to keep you together

You want the easy way, your wife forced to stay with you, regardless of how you treat one another, regardless of how unhappy and unhealthy it is for your children.

I want people to work on their relationships building strong families that donít rely on the crutch of law to keep them together but actually work together to build a strong family for themselves and their children.

Why do you want to weaken the nuclear family?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204906 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Put down the hate hammer Frank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_5IVuN1N6-YXX
Stop hating Jizzy.
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204907 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do I hate dummy?
Gays and lesbians are not a dannger to you Frank, stop all the Hate, love each other, is it that hard?
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204908 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do I hate dummy?
It was true then, as it is today. Love the one you're with. Not sexualy, but for who they are. Its not hard to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Drinking Age - Hemet, CA (Dec '11) 33 min Carol Wiedrick 10
To Chris W. in Menifee 5 hr old friend 2
MenifeeREGION: Neighborhoods team up against ma... Sat Robert griffin 1
dangerous sex offender 27348 Meridian st Hemet Jan 22 HARLAN STEINER lu... 1
Cornman (Nov '11) Jan 22 Chris 24
Police dog fatally shot while pursuing armed felon Jan 22 Chris 2
Diabetes: I believe it's due to obesity Jan 21 lady Morgana 8

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match