Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,984

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204440 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage, is based upon two(or more) consenting adults( depending upon religion, or country) entering into a legal, binding contract.
Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people called spouses that establishes rights and obligations between the spouses, between the spouses and their children, and between the spouses and their in-laws.[1] The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but it is principally an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged. When defined broadly, marriage is considered a cultural universal. In many cultures, marriage is formalized via a wedding ceremony. In terms of legal recognition, most sovereign states and other jurisdictions limit marriage to opposite-sex couples or two persons of opposite gender in the gender binary, and a diminishing number of these permit polygyny, child marriages, and forced marriages. In modern times, a growing number of countries and other jurisdictions have lifted bans on and have established legal recognition for same-sex marriage, interracial marriage, and interfaith marriage. In some cultures, marriage is recommended or compulsory before pursuing any sexual activity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage
Wiki cut and paste. Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204441 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have aced classes in both physical and cultural anthropology.
There has also been a close association of slavery in history to successful families
There has been close association of domination physically of the male over the female in the history of families
Just because something may have been true in history, does not make it a good thing.
The ability or intent to have children is not a requirement for a marriage, that point is moot.
Millions of couples in the US either cannot have children, or have chosen not too, we have not denied any of these couples the right to marry, nor do we as a society look down on them or their marriages.
There may be some ignorant morons that do, but I will not allow the ignorant to define my marriage or anyone else’s.
You obviously didn't ace English or logic.

No one here has said that procreation is a requirement for marriage. Why do you attempt to spin it that they did? Why do you attempt to spin away the close association you learned when you "aced" bonehead Sociology 101?

Slavery? Wow.
wtf

Kent, WA

#204442 Jul 24, 2013
http://clashdaily.com/2013/07/open-the-floodg...

disturbing, but homosexuals will not speak out about it
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204443 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a stupid argument. You imply they laughed AT people wary of SSM. They did not. Your spin is another of your lies. As is you "Liar!" straw man.
It's of course good that SCOTUS isn't vindictive like you.
This social change will happen quicker and easier without your dishonesty and hate.
They laughed at the argument, you agreed they laughed, thank you for validating my point.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204444 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Don't even try to put words in my mouth. I said in this nation, we do not make or change laws, based on religion. If you wish polygamy based on a religious beliefe, NO.
But you are attempting to justify denying marriage equality to them based on the fact that their religion encourages polygamy. Same thing. Worse actually.

What harm would a marriage of three consenting adult atheists cause you?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#204445 Jul 24, 2013
wtf wrote:
http://clashdaily.com/2013/07/ open-the-floodgates-pedophiles -arguing-their-sexual-orientat ion-is-no-different-than-homos exuals/
disturbing, but homosexuals will not speak out about it
Good gawd.......Strawman BS<.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204446 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They laughed at the argument, you agreed they laughed, thank you for validating my point.
They didn't laugh at the argument, they laughed at a bad joke. SCOTUS doesn't laugh at fellow Americans. Yet.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204447 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

No one here has said that procreation is a requirement for marriage..
They have implied exactly that repeatedly

Thank you for saying that, so that others can see just how completely clueless you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204448 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.businessinsider.com/justice-kagan-...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204449 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They have implied exactly that repeatedly
Thank you for saying that, so that others can see just how completely clueless you are.
Now it's "implied" eh? Thank you for finally admitting no one has stated procreation is a requirement for marriage. You lied.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204452 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>MY post.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH ...
"But we both know and understand that procreation has nothing to do with marriage. its not a requirment in any state. So your point of being a steril marriage hold's no any water. We don't mandate procreation in a heterosexual marriage so how can you EVEN try to in same sex marriage. Now go away you really bore me.
As to "hijack the word", look it up fool, you will find that same sex marriage is found in the deffination. "
KMares post
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH ...
"We both know and understand no such thing.
Only a ss couple who need protection to have sex would tell a heterosexual couple who need protection not to procreate that it doesn't matter.
Ss couples just don't equate to marriage. You will never be more than 'marriage LIGHT'. REALLY light. So light, relationship would qualify!
Smile. "
Well Frank, KMare, seems to think that procreation is a requirement. Have a great day, Gumba
Did Kimare say procreation is a requirement for marriage? No he didn't. It's a simple concept really.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204453 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>
"But we both know and understand that procreation has nothing to do with marriage.

KMares post:
"We both know and understand no such thing.
I second that. We both know and understand no such thing. Procreation is closely associated with marriage. It is one of the main reasons the government supports marriage and gives benefits to marriage.

Why you would attempt to spin that away is telling.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204454 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Fine lets the polygamist marry. When you find that 12 year old girls are being forced into marriage, DO NOT flucking come crying about it. YOU want it you got it. Clueless moron.
When we talk of marriage it is understood we are talking about consenting adults.

Does anyone try to use your dumb argument that same sex marriage equality shouldn't be allowed because some kids might be forced into it? No. Because it's a stupid argument.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204455 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's "implied" eh? Thank you for finally admitting no one has stated procreation is a requirement for marriage. You lied.
Yes the fundamental reason they are opposed to same sex marriage being legal is the inability for same sex couples to have children. They have said so repeatedly, one person in nearly every post they make.

Else there would not be the constant reference to “sterile”,“barren” as a reason for a reference to what they call "a sham of a marriage"

And every time they bring it up, I will remind them, and it makes no difference to me if you like it or not.

You are not important
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204456 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that. We both know and understand no such thing. Procreation is closely associated with marriage. It is one of the main reasons the government supports marriage and gives benefits to marriage.
Why you would attempt to spin that away is telling.
Our government does not require any couple to have the ability or intent to have children in order to marry, and never has.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204458 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the fundamental reason they are opposed to same sex marriage being legal is the inability for same sex couples to have children. They have said so repeatedly, one person in nearly every post they make.
Else there would not be the constant reference to “sterile”,“barren” as a reason for a reference to what they call "a sham of a marriage"
And every time they bring it up, I will remind them, and it makes no difference to me if you like it or not.
You are not important
Just stop lying and trying to spin it that anyone said procreation is a requirement of marriage.

You are equally as important as I.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204460 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government does not require any couple to have the ability or intent to have children in order to marry, and never has.
Right. And no one here has said that it is. Admit that or re-post a post where someone stated that procreation is a requirement.
Hello Look into it

Lodi, CA

#204461 Jul 24, 2013
Please tell me where in the constitution it states that it is a "right" that a union of a gay couple be called a marriage? The definition of "marriage" is between a man and a woman. Your rights to life, liberty and happiness do not include "marriage" as a defined institution. You have the ability as a gay couple to be "in union" with each other. You just do not meet the criteria for "marriage." Call it something else. Create your own word that represents your specific "union." Something like "egairram" which of course is "marriage" spelt backwards. And, while you're creating your own words and world, be sure to establish laws that define how a gay couple that dissolves their union (Have to say Gosh forbid...because God - or the Bible, does not define marriage as a gay "united" couple.)and has children, how the law will interpret who gets the child(ren)- if the partners can't agree and there's no evident negligence and each are equitably the same. How about you look into that? Where's your manners anyway?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204462 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not see where Warren Jeffs married a 12 year old girl as well as a 15 year old? Did not not understand that according to Muslim law, girls as young as 9 mat be married??? Damn and these are the polygamists that you support. WTF Frank?
I am not advocating children marrying. I am not advocating anyone commit crimes.

Is that your whole dopey argument against marriage equality? Work on it. It's bogus.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204463 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You are the most ignorant poster on topix, or a troll. You pick
Nah. You are. The angriest too. Well, maybe it's a tie with Joanie Baloney.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Review: Hemet Eye Care Center Of Optometry (Oct '13) 22 hr hi5432j 2
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council Sun Jeremy Cronin 23
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
david steidell (Aug '07) Sep 19 huhwhathaha 13
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info