Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,829)

Showing posts 176,561 - 176,580 of199,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203674
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too long and boring, so please STFU
Too short and boring, so please STFU too.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203675
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gay Christian GOOD! Straight Christian BAD!" Big D 12:3
Another little antagonistic 'jab' from the ignorant, bored game playing astroll..Yawn..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203676
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>Too short and boring, so please STFU too.
Good one Mikey!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203677
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and if you even had half a brain you would realize that everything you are saying to others, applies to what you are saying.
You are calling yourself a reprobate, you are guilty of the same level of ignoring that he is, that you are everything bad that you claim he is. That you are guilty of the same level of heresy that you claim he is.
Whoa whoa whoa, easy now, slow down. "and if you even had half a brain you would realize that everything you are saying to others, applies to what you are saying."

Run that by us again? Everything he is saying applies to what he is saying?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203678
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Another little antagonistic 'jab' from the ignorant, bored game playing astroll..Yawn..
>fart<

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203679
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Another little antagonistic 'jab' from the ignorant, bored game playing astroll..Yawn..
Hardly. Big d's double standard validates the assessment.

Your false brush off only exposes your bias.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203680
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Seems like every post that the atheist post can easily be explained. Maybe before posting your silly verses here and there and between, research it and find the meaning so you won't look so foolish.
The meaning is dependent upon the reader and what they want to hear. Once one understands that, it becomes people like you, that think they have the "true" meaning, that look foolish.

Here, this is what you all look like to us.
https://twitter.com/S_A_J_I/status/1100400874...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203681
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the claim that scripture didn't instruct us in judging sin. I simply used one of many passages that prove otherwise.
I am fully aware that as a reprobate you disparage the Bible. Your views are classic heresy.
You cannot see the forest for the trees. I guarantee that my early struggles with my orientation and eventual coming to terms with being a gay Christian leaves me in a better position than you to determine how I should live.

I didn't just give myself over to being a gay man without any thought at all. I studied. I prayed. I sought counsel. And at the end of the day, it's my life and my relationship with God that is most important to me.

You know that old saying, "When you are a hammer, everything you see is a nail"? Well, "When you are a pastor, everything you see is a Bible verse". It's the only tool that you can tangibly grasp. So you run to it every single time.

"Heresy" is just another boogeyman, scare tactic that you and others use to try to "convert". You have your dogma and you insist that others follow it lest they be cast into the fiery depths of hell.

Stop trying to scare people into following Christ. That wasn't His way. That wasn't why He died.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203682
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You briefly mentioned they have opinions but omitted what they are. They hate Christians.
Demonstrate this "hatred" of people.

Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting...
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
When they bring up religion or the fake rev brings up how Christians believe in a fairy tale, WHY don't you stand up for what you believe in?
I see. So YOU are allowed to come to a forum that has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion and start spouting about and quoting from your bible - expressing YOUR belief system, yet no one else is supposed to be able to express THEIR belief system. Is that how you think it's supposed to work?

Sorry, that ain't gonna happen. I belief your bible is a bunch of poppycock. And my belief system is every bit as solid as yours. Sorry if you don't like that. If you don't want belief systems expressed, then don't present your own.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus was crucified today, you would be in the crowd, shouting “Crucify Him! Crucify Him!”.
Wow. That's quite an accusation. Which post of Veryvermilion's are you basing this on? I'm very, very curious about what he said that would lead you to make such an accusation.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't condemn anyone for being gay, that's not for me to Judge. I have no problem with it. I take a stand with Frank that rights should be given to all.
So you really just like to agitate then? Got it.

Oh, I never had the chance to say, but I found your couple posts about the Martin/Zimmerman debacle to be spot on. Just thought you should know we don't disagree on everything!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203683
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My post stating "Nice weather today" prompted Topix to exercise their option to delete my posts?
I think your problem might be that of posting too quickly and too often.

There are glitches with TOPIX. I've learned over the years that if you begin typing a comment, if you take too much time (like if you start, then stop and come back later) your comment will not be posted.

And if you post one thing after another, after another, the system for some reason can't or doesn't process it. Your post doesn't show up.

I've had to post the same thing several times to get it to show up.

Just a suggestion...

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203684
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is no one righteous, not even one": Romans 3:10
Here I thought you were since you act like the Judge here.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203685
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The meaning is dependent upon the reader and what they want to hear. Once one understands that, it becomes people like you, that think they have the "true" meaning, that look foolish.
Here, this is what you all look like to us.
https://twitter.com/S_A_J_I/status/1100400874...
I agree. But the difference is once the hater reads what they want to hear, it becomes people like you, that think they have the "true" meaning, that look foolish.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203686
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate this "hatred" of people.
Waiting...
Waiting...
Waiting...
After reading all your rants mocking the Christian belief and if this isn't hate from you, I would hate to be on the side that you do hate.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203687
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So YOU are allowed to come to a forum that has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion and start spouting about and quoting from your bible -
I guess a true Christian is not allowed to come on a forum and express his or her views when they were not the ones that brought it up. What other rules do you have for the Christian?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203688
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's quite an accusation. Which post of Veryvermilion's are you basing this on? I'm very, very curious about what he said that would lead you to make such an accusation.

So you really just like to agitate then? Got it.
Oh, I never had the chance to say, but I found your couple posts about the Martin/Zimmerman debacle to be spot on. Just thought you should know we don't disagree on everything!
I'm basing the accusation of Veryvermilion on the fact that we believe in the same God. He seems more willing to not stand up for what he believes, I do. We both might say the same thing, but when he says it, it's okay, but when I say it, it's shouted down. Are you scared to stand up for your lack of god fairly?

On the Martin case, I'm glad that we agree.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203689
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. Big d's double standard validates the assessment.
Your false brush off only exposes your bias.
You aren’t bright enough to comprehend what I am saying

You choose to follow and ignore different parts of the bible than someone else.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203690
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. Big d's double standard validates the assessment.
Your false brush off only exposes your bias.
Don't go looking for validation from me asstroll. There is nothing in your warped bigoted posts that I agree with and If I were you I'd wouldn't be deem anyone's post a double standard nor imply bias. POS
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203691
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your problem might be that of posting too quickly and too often.
There are glitches with TOPIX. I've learned over the years that if you begin typing a comment, if you take too much time (like if you start, then stop and come back later) your comment will not be posted.
And if you post one thing after another, after another, the system for some reason can't or doesn't process it. Your post doesn't show up.
I've had to post the same thing several times to get it to show up.
Just a suggestion...
Naah. Someone either hacks Topix or knows the mods or is a mod. I strongly suspect that big silly galoot Jizzy is behind it. Notice his latest sock puppet is called "Poof"? As in Poof! Frankie's posts are gone.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203692
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I'm basing the accusation of Veryvermilion on the fact that we believe in the same God. He seems more willing to not stand up for what he believes, I do. We both might say the same thing, but when he says it, it's okay, but when I say it, it's shouted down. Are you scared to stand up for your lack of god fairly?
On the Martin case, I'm glad that we agree.
It's a simple concept really, gay Christian GOOD! Straight Christian BAD!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203693
Jul 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go looking for validation from me asstroll. There is nothing in your warped bigoted posts that I agree with and If I were you I'd wouldn't be deem anyone's post a double standard nor imply bias. POS
Nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,561 - 176,580 of199,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 44 min Bag itts 4,551
Single men in Hemet 5 hr Poor Hemet 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr lug heads 7,298
morning sky school in mountain center ca (Mar '13) 17 hr Jason schoenek 37
Front Yard Junk 23 hr Right 6
sad sad sad:/ 23 hr Right 7
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) Mon Happy Hemet 28
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••