Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,829)

Showing posts 176,561 - 176,580 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is no one righteous, not even one": Romans 3:10
Here I thought you were since you act like the Judge here.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The meaning is dependent upon the reader and what they want to hear. Once one understands that, it becomes people like you, that think they have the "true" meaning, that look foolish.
Here, this is what you all look like to us.
https://twitter.com/S_A_J_I/status/1100400874...
I agree. But the difference is once the hater reads what they want to hear, it becomes people like you, that think they have the "true" meaning, that look foolish.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate this "hatred" of people.
Waiting...
Waiting...
Waiting...
After reading all your rants mocking the Christian belief and if this isn't hate from you, I would hate to be on the side that you do hate.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So YOU are allowed to come to a forum that has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion and start spouting about and quoting from your bible -
I guess a true Christian is not allowed to come on a forum and express his or her views when they were not the ones that brought it up. What other rules do you have for the Christian?

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's quite an accusation. Which post of Veryvermilion's are you basing this on? I'm very, very curious about what he said that would lead you to make such an accusation.

So you really just like to agitate then? Got it.
Oh, I never had the chance to say, but I found your couple posts about the Martin/Zimmerman debacle to be spot on. Just thought you should know we don't disagree on everything!
I'm basing the accusation of Veryvermilion on the fact that we believe in the same God. He seems more willing to not stand up for what he believes, I do. We both might say the same thing, but when he says it, it's okay, but when I say it, it's shouted down. Are you scared to stand up for your lack of god fairly?

On the Martin case, I'm glad that we agree.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. Big d's double standard validates the assessment.
Your false brush off only exposes your bias.
You arenít bright enough to comprehend what I am saying

You choose to follow and ignore different parts of the bible than someone else.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go looking for validation from me asstroll. There is nothing in your warped bigoted posts that I agree with and If I were you I'd wouldn't be deem anyone's post a double standard nor imply bias. POS
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your problem might be that of posting too quickly and too often.
There are glitches with TOPIX. I've learned over the years that if you begin typing a comment, if you take too much time (like if you start, then stop and come back later) your comment will not be posted.
And if you post one thing after another, after another, the system for some reason can't or doesn't process it. Your post doesn't show up.
I've had to post the same thing several times to get it to show up.
Just a suggestion...
Naah. Someone either hacks Topix or knows the mods or is a mod. I strongly suspect that big silly galoot Jizzy is behind it. Notice his latest sock puppet is called "Poof"? As in Poof! Frankie's posts are gone.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I'm basing the accusation of Veryvermilion on the fact that we believe in the same God. He seems more willing to not stand up for what he believes, I do. We both might say the same thing, but when he says it, it's okay, but when I say it, it's shouted down. Are you scared to stand up for your lack of god fairly?
On the Martin case, I'm glad that we agree.
It's a simple concept really, gay Christian GOOD! Straight Christian BAD!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go looking for validation from me asstroll. There is nothing in your warped bigoted posts that I agree with and If I were you I'd wouldn't be deem anyone's post a double standard nor imply bias. POS
Nice!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You arenít bright enough to comprehend what I am saying
Had an English prof who loved that dopey excuse for poor writing.

He once told me I wasn't bright enough to understand why he failed me on an essay I had written.

Good guy. In the end I got an A.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey is biased? LOL

He's also very angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I guess a true Christian is not allowed to come on a forum and express his or her views when they were not the ones that brought it up. What other rules do you have for the Christian?
You gotta be gay. The only good Christian is a gay Christian. Simple concept really.
in the know

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate this "hatred" of people.
"bigoted POS" per Mikey Stain?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta be gay. The only good Christian is a gay Christian. Simple concept really.
No I would say a Good Christian is one that does not use belief in that religion as an excuse to harm others through words or deeds or legislation. One that does not hate their fellow man and wish them harm.

You are certainly not, nor am I but for a totally different reason.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot see the forest for the trees. I guarantee that my early struggles with my orientation and eventual coming to terms with being a gay Christian leaves me in a better position than you to determine how I should live.
I didn't just give myself over to being a gay man without any thought at all. I studied. I prayed. I sought counsel. And at the end of the day, it's my life and my relationship with God that is most important to me.
You know that old saying, "When you are a hammer, everything you see is a nail"? Well, "When you are a pastor, everything you see is a Bible verse". It's the only tool that you can tangibly grasp. So you run to it every single time.
"Heresy" is just another boogeyman, scare tactic that you and others use to try to "convert". You have your dogma and you insist that others follow it lest they be cast into the fiery depths of hell.
Stop trying to scare people into following Christ. That wasn't His way. That wasn't why He died.
Straw man. You said show me where scripture gives others the right to judge sin. I did.

Quit gay twirling, it only adds to your shame.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ad homoan attack doesn't change the fact that Bog d and you made clearly bigoted, ignorant and double standard statements..
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ad homoan attack doesn't change the fact that Bog d and you made clearly bigoted, ignorant and double standard statements..
The only double standard statements are coming from you, you choose to follow this part and ignore that part of your bible, and then call others heretics that donít follow and ignore the same parts that you follow or ignore.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. But the difference is once the hater reads what they want to hear, it becomes people like you, that think they have the "true" meaning, that look foolish.
You've mistaken me for someone that thinks there is meaning to be found in your bible.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. But the difference is once the hater reads what they want to hear, it becomes people like you, that think they have the "true" meaning, that look foolish.
It's actually people like you that call others "haters" that look stupid. Disliking organized religions and not believing in other worldly deities doesn't magically translate to hatred. Get a grip. It's when you go over the top with your self created persecution that you lose it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,561 - 176,580 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Devin F you're my secret crush! 9 hr eye for a eye 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 21 hr Sandra 468
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) Mon JazzerciseHemet 3
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Jul 7 Chris 37
hemet fireworks? (Jul '09) Jul 7 Chris 32
Tiny & NOT Mighty Jul 7 Joke is on You 1
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••