Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,521 - 176,540 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
floogers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

July 2013..

Now the Middle East crazies can eat their sand.

This Massive oil Discovery Has Put the Saudi’s and any number of nutty countries into a Panic.

July 2013..

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The troll posted, like a retard.
Said the retarded gimp.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No... I didn't see your response. Could you post it again?
I don't know if it will allow me to post it, but I will try.
I posted that if it were an "African-American" (not the term that I used) on "Caucasian-American" (Also, not the term that I used) crime, we'd not have heard about it. I also pointed out that the media now covers up the race of "African-American" criminals, when reporting on crimes, in order to reduce racial tension. This got me banned.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, did you read anywhere in scripture where you, personally (or anyone for that matter), are capable of determining what God considers to be a sin? Did God appoint anyone on the planet to act as His judge?
Why don't you lay off gay people and let God determine if He intended for us to exist?
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted that if it were an "African-American" (not the term that I used) on "Caucasian-American" (Also, not the term that I used) crime, we'd not have heard about it. I also pointed out that the media now covers up the race of "African-American" criminals, when reporting on crimes, in order to reduce racial tension. This got me banned.
I see... Well, I guess it violated TOPIX's TOS and they exercised their option to delete your account.
I was once "suspended" but after a conversation with the moderator I was given my account back.
Bill

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Jess wrote:
Woohoo!!
The Law | Oct 24, 2013
Case# 10-2822 there are pictures of John Rankin with the tea party fliers in hand! It is a federal violation John, you and your tea party really made a boo boo today.hopefully beckies BBQ will be willing to cover some of the fines you and your tea party will be spliting up! Thanks for putting out the info today I'm sure you really put a scare into your daddy Gabriel and Frank for stilling RUMS vote on 12th street and had several more ballots in Gabriel vehicle? Can you explain that?
Report this post
Pay big

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

July 2013

Penn State University has reached settlements with some of the Sandusky victims totaling about $60 million.

The men now but were children when it happened who claim to have been sexually abused by former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

Still more claims are still pending against the college and Jerry Sandusky.

July 2013

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

There is one born FACT in life! Homosexuality, same sex marriage, and all evil like that will burn in hell. God will destroy all evil in this country! Our lawmaker's and Judge's will answer to God for passing laws on evil in this country....
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
They also cover up ANY race when reporting. But then it's all about you isn't it POS? Guess that's why they termed it the 'bigot persecution syndrome'.
Red Balloon

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

The mentality of people these days, Glendora has the same hidden culture defect running through it's insider club's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/attack-on...

A few minutes later, the boy said he heard a male voice coming from the second or third floor of the same building, yelling,“Go back to Africa you [expletives]! It was only piss.”
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

ThePreacherman01 wrote:
There is one born FACT in life! Homosexuality, same sex marriage, and all evil like that will burn in hell. God will destroy all evil in this country! Our lawmaker's and Judge's will answer to God for passing laws on evil in this country....
umm. that's not fact. That is your insecurity and weak minded fantasy that you've chosen to follow, talking.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
"There is no one righteous, not even one": Romans 3:10
Can be found

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

The mentality of people these days, Glendora has the same hidden culture defect running through it's insider club's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/attack-on ...

A few minutes later, the boy said he heard a male voice coming from the second or third floor of the same building, yelling,“Go back to Africa you [expletives]! It was only piss.”

The complete story can be found.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in the process of writing a small dissertation in response to what I have come to consider a so-called Christian "drive-by". You know what I'm talking about... Those one or two, cherry-picked pieces of scripture that you guys lob at gays as "proof positive" that Christ disapproves of homosexuality.

But I'll try to keep it brief...

1.) Paul was a fallible man.

2.) He was raised a Jew. He was brought up in the ancient Jewish traditions. He had been heavily influenced throughout his life; believing that the way to worship God was through the strict adherence to the 613 commandments handed down by God. He was considered to be a somewhat ruthless Rabi prior to his conversion.

3.) I believe that even though he converted to following Christ, he never made the full transition to living a life without following extremely structured laws. He had a new set of laws. But laws and commandments were always important to him.

4.) Paul's letter to the religious leaders in the city of Corinth was in response to a letter they had sent to him. They needed "clarification". They wanted specifics on how to correctly follow Christ's teachings. And Paul, with his long history of being reliant upon laws and commandments, gave them exactly what he thought they needed.

5.) At no point in his letters to anyone do I believe Paul thought, "I'm writing this letter with the knowledge that they will one day be included in a collection of stories and letters that Christians will entitled,'The Books of the New Testament'."
These letters were written to specific people to address specific issues. I'm not sure what Paul's letters would have looked like had he known that one day an INCREDIBLE amount of importance would be placed on them.
It's very important to keep this in context.

6.) The world that Paul lived in is very different than the world that we live in. During that time, there was there was no scientific or medical understanding of chemical dependency.
Given what we know now--that some people are born with a gene that predisposes them to alcoholism--it is unlikely that God would refuse them entrance to Heaven because of their medical problem.
The same is true with homosexuality. We now know that homosexuality is not a disorder. It is not a choice and is therefore biologically based.
This is not to say that homosexuality and chemical dependence can be compared to one another. Obviously, someone who is chemically dependent has difficulty functioning either in their personal life or within society.
Homosexuality DOES NOT impair people the way that chemical dependency does.
My point is that we live in a different world--a different time--with different understandings about these and other issues than those who lived in ancient Greece.

5.) Final point... God didn't stop speaking to people when the final book of the New Testament was canonized. As I've shared before, He spoke to me about my being gay. He has spoken to many other gay Christians.
Regardless of what early Christian leaders may have said on the subject, we know--through our faith in Christ and belief in God--that we're living the life that God gave to us.

----------

Now, I'm sure you have all kinds of responses to my post. That's fine. Go right ahead and attempt to argue, convert, explain, etc. But you're not going to move me. And you're not going to move others.

I would appreciate it if you stopped lobbing scripture at me and others as though you know how God will judge us when we stand before Him.

You don't know. No one knows. So just drop it.

So much for brevity...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is no one righteous, not even one": Romans 3:10
"Excepteth for Big D." Frankie 3:10
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in the process of writing a small dissertation in response to what I have come to consider a so-called Christian "drive-by". You know what I'm talking about... Those one or two, cherry-picked pieces of scripture that you guys lob at gays as "proof positive" that Christ disapproves of homosexuality.
2.) He was raised a Jew. He was brought up in the ancient Jewish traditions. He had been heavily influenced throughout his life; believing that the way to worship God was through the strict adherence to the 613 commandments handed down by God. He was considered to be a somewhat ruthless Rabi prior to his conversion.
3.) I believe that even though he converted to following Christ, he never made the full transition to living a life without following extremely structured laws. He had a new set of laws. But laws and commandments were always important to him.
4.) Paul's letter to the religious leaders in the city of Corinth was in response to a letter they had sent to him. They needed "clarification". They wanted specifics on how to correctly follow Christ's teachings. And Paul, with his long history of being reliant upon laws and commandments, gave them exactly what he thought they needed.
5.) At no point in his letters to anyone do I believe Paul thought, "I'm writing this letter with the knowledge that they will one day be included in a collection of stories and letters that Christians will entitled,'The Books of the New Testament'."
These letters were written to specific people to address specific issues. I'm not sure what Paul's letters would have looked like had he known that one day an INCREDIBLE amount of importance would be placed on them.
6.) The world that Paul lived in is very different than the world that we live in. During that time, there was there was no scientific or medical understanding of chemical dependency.
Given what we know now--that some people are born with a gene that predisposes them to alcoholism--it is unlikely that God would refuse them entrance to Heaven because of their medical problem.
The same is true with homosexuality. We now know that homosexuality is not a disorder. It is not a choice and is therefore biologically based.
This is not to say that homosexuality and chemical dependence can be compared to one another. Obviously, someone who is chemically dependent has difficulty functioning either in their personal life or within society.
My point is that we live in a different world--a different time--with different understandings about these and other issues than those who lived in ancient Greece.
5.) Final point... God didn't stop speaking to people when the final book of the New Testament was canonized. As I've shared before, He spoke to me about my being gay. He has spoken to many other gay Christians.
Regardless of what early Christian leaders may have said on the subject, we know--through our faith in Christ and belief in God--that we're living the life that God gave to us.
----------
Now, I'm sure you have all kinds of responses to my post. That's fine. Go right ahead and attempt to argue, convert, explain, etc. But you're not going to move me. And you're not going to move others.
I would appreciate it if you stopped lobbing scripture at me and others as though you know how God will judge us when we stand before Him.
So much for brevity...
Too long and boring, so please STFU

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
So much for brevity...
You made the claim that scripture didn't instruct us in judging sin. I simply used one of many passages that prove otherwise.

I am fully aware that as a reprobate you disparage the Bible. Your views are classic heresy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I see... Well, I guess it violated TOPIX's TOS and they exercised their option to delete your account.
I was once "suspended" but after a conversation with the moderator I was given my account back.
My post stating "Nice weather today" prompted Topix to exercise their option to delete my posts?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
They also cover up ANY race when reporting. But then it's all about you isn't it POS? Guess that's why they termed it the 'bigot persecution syndrome'.
Relax fruitloops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
umm. that's not fact. That is your insecurity and weak minded fantasy that you've chosen to follow, talking.
Mikey said, weak minded and insecure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Devin F you're my secret crush! 3 hr weird 7
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) 3 hr Riverside Dave 129
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Fly right 4,893
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 9 hr Ace 25
Now what? Mon apt crime 8
hemet police not doing their job Mon hpd great 25
is there a hobby shop in town? (Aug '11) Mon comic store somewhere 6
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••