Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,241 - 176,260 of 200,662 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#203340 Jul 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simply stupid to call a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage, marriage.
Clearly not the same.
No, what's stupid is continuing to reference things that don't really exist. Like "half a marriage". That's what's really stupid.

One can only assume that you find your "arguments" from the same fundie store as the village idiot, Brian_G. You sound more and more like him everyday. And by like him, I mean, idiotic and desperate.

Location hidden

#203341 Jul 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay troll fishing...
A fundie c*nt being agitative.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#203342 Jul 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
But girlfriend, you ALWAYS gloss over their use of the word "USUALLY" in the first paragraph. This indicates that NOT ALL marriages are regarded as formal reproductive alliances.
Why you don't get it is beyond me.
When a study is presented to a professional journal, every single word is scrutinized. I'm sure they didn't casually throw the word "usually" in their discussion.
And NOTHING in this article even addresses your claim that same-sex relationships or marriages are harmful to children.
You CANNOT draw conclusions from a study that the authors, themselves, did not draw.
Keep yammering, queen... Maybe you'll convince yourself.
Until David Buss and David Schmitt provide us with a study that directly deals with MARRIAGE--both gay and straight--and not mating behavior, you have no case.
First you falsely portrayed the first paragraph as a theory, now you try to distort again. You are so predictable.

The 'usually' simply notes rare exceptions which in no way invalidate the normal.

The first paragraph simply notes commonly held understanding by social scientists about marriage. It then proceeds to address a separate theory about short term relationships.

Keep twirling queen.

Location hidden

#203343 Jul 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simply stupid to continue to make claims that have no basis in legal fact.
I'll bet you just bark at the moon when you see more and more states and countries pass marriage equality laws.
The TOP queen gave her official approval for same-sex marriage in the U.K. yesterday.
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
I made no claim about a purported 'legal' fact.

I simply noted reality: SS couples will only evert be a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Even a Queen can't change that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203344 Jul 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no claim about a purported 'legal' fact.
I simply noted reality: SS couples will only evert be a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Even a Queen can't change that.
Lets see

The legal facts ( which you ignore are )

Animals ( other than man ) do not have marriage contracts

Precreation is not now nor has ever been a requirement for a marriage license

Mating behavior is not stipulated on a marriage contract

Same sex couples are legally married and recognized on both the state and federal level

Some people can and do have children regardless of marital status ( and always have )

People raise children regardless of their biological connection to the child ( I have 3 myself that I raised that were not biologically mine, however they all call me Dad )
Bob

San Francisco, CA

#203345 Jul 18, 2013
Jess wrote:
Woohoo!!
RANKIN THE. MORON lives in O.C.
The O. C. Times, they called him that
'Cause he's not authentic like me.
Yeah, the guy from the O.C. paper
Said he makes druggies feel good
They'll vote for him, and not for me

See, real druggies , liars and thieves like RANKIN
Or me, or informed
Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.
Not come in late and won!

[refrain]

Oh, RANKIN THE MORON lives in O.C.
The O.C. Times, they called him that

'Cause he's moron but not authentically.
Oh, Rankin the Coward lives in O.C.
The O.C. Times, they called him that
'Cause he's slander , but not authentically.
Some say RANKIN. "articulate"
And bright and new and "clean."
The druggies sure loves this guy,
A instigator interloper's dream!
But, when you vote for a FOOL
Watch out, and don't be fooled!
Don't vote the RANKIN THE LIAR in -
'Cause 'cause I won't have nothing after all these years of sacrifice
And I won't get justice. This is about justice. This isn't about me, it's about justice.

Location hidden

#203347 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So now you are going to refer to life-long mating as marriage. Got it.
BTW, those natural life-long mating behaviors among animals include homosexual mating, oh, excuse me, homosexual marriage WITHOUT law.
Smile.
I inferred no such thing. I simply noted that the law is not required for life long mating or marriage

Location hidden

#203348 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, HERE'S the bottom line. Mating behavior is completely irrelevant to the state issuing a marriage license. Always has been, always will be. All your precious articles regarding mating behavior will ALWAYS be irrelevant. Like you.
Well lets see, it is your rabid opinion vs science.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#203349 Jul 18, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww. Yes, in general. You suck.
Silly bigoted POS, I don't suck I blow...

Location hidden

#203350 Jul 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not reality, that's made up fantasy fundie-land. Look, we get it, you don't want to accept our marriages. No one cares. your acceptance is about as important as the acceptance of donkey. Your lack of acceptance doesn't make them any less real, it just publically demonstrates how juvenile you are.

Now, you run along with your pouty face, and you stomp your feet all day long! Your very poorly created opinions don't trump facts.

Your imaginary "half marriages" and "mutual sterility" and "essences" and obsession with anal sex demonstrate NOTHING, other than your complete and utter stupidity.

Smile ugly! We love when fundies throw themselves into public arguments about which they know nothing other than their beliefs!! Nothing shows you all off for what you are more than that!!!

Location hidden

#203351 Jul 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I inferred no such thing.
Ah, yes you did. I realize with the tremendous amount of lying and fundie-twirling that you do, it's easy for you to lose track.

http://www.topix.com/forum/san-diego/TH6FC2NT...
"However, there is life-long mating behavior among animals, marriage WITHOUT the law."

See kumquat, you explicitly implied it. You called "life-long mating behavior" "marriage" WITHOUT the law.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply noted that the law is not required for life long mating or marriage
Um, yes dear, the law is required for marriage. Marriage is a legal institution. It is not recognized without the law. It is however, not required for mating. Mating and marriage are two different things. Neither are dependent upon the other. And that fact will always be the thorn in your nonsense.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203352 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not reality, that's made up fantasy fundie-land. Look, we get it, you don't want to accept our marriages. No one cares. your acceptance is about as important as the acceptance of donkey. Your lack of acceptance doesn't make them any less real, it just publically demonstrates how juvenile you are.
Now, you run along with your pouty face, and you stomp your feet all day long! Your very poorly created opinions don't trump facts.
Your imaginary "half marriages" and "mutual sterility" and "essences" and obsession with anal sex demonstrate NOTHING, other than your complete and utter stupidity.
Smile ugly! We love when fundies throw themselves into public arguments about which they know nothing other than their beliefs!! Nothing shows you all off for what you are more than that!!!
Try to relax fruitloops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203354 Jul 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
But girlfriend, you ALWAYS gloss over their use of the word "USUALLY" in the first paragraph. This indicates that NOT ALL marriages are regarded as formal reproductive alliances.
Why you don't get it is beyond me.
When a study is presented to a professional journal, every single word is scrutinized. I'm sure they didn't casually throw the word "usually" in their discussion.
And NOTHING in this article even addresses your claim that same-sex relationships or marriages are harmful to children.
You CANNOT draw conclusions from a study that the authors, themselves, did not draw.
Keep yammering, queen... Maybe you'll convince yourself.
Until David Buss and David Schmitt provide us with a study that directly deals with MARRIAGE--both gay and straight--and not mating behavior, you have no case.
Relax spice cake.

Location hidden

#203355 Jul 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets see, it is your rabid opinion vs science.
1) Stating that "Mating behavior is completely irrelevant to the state issuing a marriage license" is not a rabid opinion, it's a bona fide statement of fact. It's demonstrable and provable.

2) Science has nothing to do with marriage. But don't let that stop you from pretending it does.

Smile!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203356 Jul 18, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>A lady that lives a few houses away is getting married, she is 72, her new husband is 75. Both lost thier spouses a few years ago. Neither are fertile, so they to must have half a marriage I mean if you are basing marriage on fertility.
Cute story Jiz.
OC times

Monrovia, CA

#203357 Jul 18, 2013
Sweet Lindsey Graham has another stupid Republican idea, US should consider Olympic boycott over possible Snowden asylum in Russia.

Lindsey your better AT CREATING A MESS THAN CLEAING ONE UP!

Slot heads unite!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203358 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Stating that "Mating behavior is completely irrelevant to the state issuing a marriage license" is not a rabid opinion, it's a bona fide statement of fact. It's demonstrable and provable.
2) Science has nothing to do with marriage. But don't let that stop you from pretending it does.
Smile!
"Smile!" Jonah1 said, with his jaw tightly clenched.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203360 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you; mating is irrelevant to the discussion of marriage. Even if it weren't, gays mate whether you like it or not. You don't get to make up your own definitions of what mating is.
<quoted text>
I highly doubt this figure, but in the end it's completely irrelevant.
<quoted text>
No one cares about cross cultural perspective. We only care about the perspective of the state. Cross cultures aren't issuing marriages, the state is. The state has no mandates as it relates to mating or procreation.
<quoted text>
Commonality is completely irrelevant. You are arguing "tradition". Sorry, that's not a valid argument when it relates to civil rights. Never has been and never will be. Your argument merely demonstrates your desperation.
<quoted text>
Face it c*nt, NOTHING you have stated has destroyed ANYTHING. Gays are still getting married, their marriages are equal to their heterosexual counterparts, laws are continuing to be changed in order to accommodate and regognize our marriages, and all your fundie twirls, lies and obfuscations about procreation, sterility, essences, anal sex, AIDS and anything else you try and bring into the conversation will never alter that.
You're a loser, fighting a losing battle, on a lost cause.
Oh, and you're ugly to boot.
"Let me help you" Jonah1 said, lapsing into a hateful ad hominem rant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203361 Jul 18, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Here is an idea, why not add to the debate. All you seem to be able to muster are lame azz attempts at duplicating Brian_G. I find it odd for someone who supports gay rights and same sex marriage, you never debate KMare, Rock or any other person who objects to gay rights. Verry telling.
Jizzy said, adding nothing to the debate.
Bushmills Bob

Ventura, CA

#203362 Jul 18, 2013
Howdy folks,
what we are all forgetting here is that god has given his word that everyone is to be treated equally unless, UNLESS they is different. Now what we got to do is stop them what is different from trying to change us who are right in His eyes. That is what is got to be understood. No more whoop-de-doo, just do as you are told and there wont be no whuppin. Now god set this all up so we would know what is what and who runs things for him, and that dont at all require no fake higher education cause god's word is the highest education and we will deliver it as it comes up, just listen. That there jerk what called us Reichspublicans thought he was being funny and cutie-ooo. He is a different one for sure and never gone be equal. SO THERE. READ YOUR BIBLE, as directed by HIM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr papersup 15,974
Many Sonic Booms or Earthquakes Felt in Menifee? (Jan '10) 6 hr fedup 28
Transportation plays a big role at home and reg... 6 hr fedup 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr memo maddnes 5,020
8/27/2013 tuesday around 2:15pm state and menlo... (Aug '13) 16 hr hahahaha 14
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) Mon Mikeymouse 477
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••