Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#203296 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the bottom line.
In the first paragraph, they verified my concise statement; Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
As to the rest of the content, I knew exactly where it went. As I noted with my first reference, I have chosen brief summaries that prove my statement.
You should take note of the practice of 'briefness'...
Again, you can find that statement in other articles regarding marriage and mating behavior.
I want you to pay attention to the differences between the following two sentences:

--"Marriage is a cross cultural constrain on evolutionary mating behavior."

--"Marriage MIGHT BE a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior, according to a theory put forth by David Buss and David Schmitt."

--"Marriages have been used by many as a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior--according to a theory. However, since not all marriages involve mating behavior, one CANNOT conclude that marriage IS ALWAYS defined in this manner."

----------

Now, I know you're a little slow. And I know just how much you're "married" (get it?) to your little definition of marriage. But even someone as witless as you should be able to see how incorrect you are.

If you read the article in its entirety, you will see that your definition applies only to "relationships" and not necessarily "marriage".

I'm sorry my response to your comment was so lengthy. In the future I will try to remember your short attention span and create my responses by way of "sock-puppet theater", which I will then upload to YouTube.
Stem

Monrovia, CA

#203297 Jul 17, 2013
The wheels keep rolling too.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203298 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I said something like, "I don't give a goddamn about the children".
And they have spun it to mean that I'm "damning" children.
They know full well that I'm TIRED of them using children to fight marriage equality. Children aren't on every single person's mind when they get married. I know if I get married, I won't be thinking about children. I'm not going to have any. I won't be adopting any. They're not going to be a part of my future.
That's why I'm sick to death of hearing about "the children". Please! They don't give a damn about the children. They're only interested in stirring up anti-homosexual sentiment.
But they know this.
They're just being disingenuous.
I think that you said.....this:
"#202675
Monday Jul 15
"Who gives a goddamn when it comes to kids in regards to marriage?
As has been established throughout this entire conversation, married people are not required to have children. People who are unable to or who have no desire to have kids can and do marry.
If you're going to define marriage based on a couple's ability or desire to have children, then you need to halt all marriages between couples who will not have them.
Otherwise, STFU about kids and sterility, etc...
If you're going to argue this issue, you need to come up with a REAL reason for gays not to marry, vag man."

Complete with insult at the end. Remember now? That was what prompted me to say that you really DO need a beating, prompting you to invite me down to the holler, if I felt froggy. Remember that, now, Fat Abner? God help any kids that you ever DO end up wanting to adopt, in the name of $$. As soon as they anger you, it'll be "Froggy Fat Boi" time...Just as soon as you "tire" of telling them to be quiet.
"I'm not going to have any. I won't be adopting any." right now, but later...when you have visions of sugar plums...
"They don't give a damn about the children.".. Here, you presume to speak for us. Silly Fat Abner. Speak for yourself, I need no cake-boi to speak for me.
And... "They don't give a damn about the children." from the one who has no concern for children, talking out of his a$$ about what he wants to have us speaking about, so that he may fault us, after another silly meltdown from which there is no back-pedaling.
"..being disingenuous." indeed. Look who's spinning now...
Some social "scientist"... Given to fits of rage.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203299 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You have linked to some "Yahoo" contributor; someone who basically wrote a term paper. And she never used your quote.
I don't have to prove that your comment is a lie. You need to prove that it's true. Give us one a single legitimate social scientist who proves your "social science" claim.
Social science (and basic common sense) defines marriage as a legal union that meets the needs of two people.
It doesn't matter whether a couple marries to raise a family and/or for companionship and/or for one of the pair to improve their status (financial/material) and/or for love and/or lust/beauty...
All of these are legitimate reasons for marriage.
The government certainly doesn't become involved in the reasons people marry. It's none of their business. It's none of the church's business. And it's certainly none of your business.
Oh, now..
You cannot be serious...
"Social science (and basic common sense) defines marriage as a legal union that meets the needs of two people."...pshaw. You may be able to quibble about definitions, splitting hairs. SOCIETY defines marriage as the bond between man and woman. Simple, no need to dissect and cherrypick.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203300 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you grow up and realize that it's NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS what two people do in the privacy of their own home, as long as what they do occurs between CONSENTING ADULTS and doesn't break any laws.
If you don't want to dip your dick in someone's behind, then DON'T DO IT! Millions of straight and gay people do it every day. It's their lives.
Stop being a child. Or maybe you're actually still a child and posting on an adult website.
Either way, get over it.
Hey, fattie, we're not discussing what two people do in the privacy of their own home, we're discussing redefining a time honored tradition and institution. Legislating morality. Flaunting a sexual behavior. Rewriting national identities. A little bit different than "what two people do in the privacy of their own home". Semantic perversion. If you wanted to keep what you do behind your doors, I wouldn't have to be aware of "PRIDE" parades and giant phallic symbols parading down Main Street? Or hear about "Sperm Cocktails", now, would I? What exactly do you mean by "Get over it"? Do you mean "Shuddup and go along with it"? No, we will not.
Irving

UK

#203301 Jul 17, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I show from Kentucky because that is where the IP addy appears to have me. But I'm not there at all, giggling eejit. Nope, I'm not new here either, guess again. You've slapped no one around either dimwit. You only mock because you're pathetic.
Could you slow down your post, Jed? The brilliance is coming in way too fast.
Irving

UK

#203302 Jul 17, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW chuckles, are you pleased that the UK will be having gay marriages performed next year? All legal. Cheers!
I thought you weren't new here, shitferbrains.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203303 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, disgusting is someone who would have thoughts like yours. That's disgusting. Even more disgusting is posting them like this where children can see them.
You're disgusting.
"Disgusting" is your desire to rob kids of innocence, and teach them that they must decide if they are gay in the 1st grade. THAT'S disgusting. Making them spend much time figuring out who they are, at a time when they are not supposed to have awareness of such things. That's disgusting. You're disgusting, and you cannot stand having the truth thrown in your faces. "Get first crack at them" is the name of the game. I't's no wonder that our schools are failing at such an alarming rate. They are staring out the windows, wondering if what they just heard could be true, that they might be "gay"... Trying to fathom the issue when they are supposed to thinking about scholastic achievement. Not about where they are going to wind up in the issue of sexual identity. THAT'S disgusting.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203304 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, your little Sky Santa manual is nothing but a book of fables. It has nothing to do with law. The law doesn't punish people for disobeying their parents or for coveting things. We don't murder women who turn out not to be virgins on their wedding night.
<quoted text>
Marriage was prevalent in cultures that existed long before you little book was ever written. Your statement is false.
<quoted text>
Well, it is a man made institution, so man is perfectly authorized to twist it as it sees fit. For example, marriage originally meant that women were the property of their husbands. Fathers awarded them dowries in order to make the ugly ones more appealing to the single males. But as women "twisted" the laws over time in order to shove their demand for equal representation down the throats of society, the definition of marriage was redefined as two consenting participants. That's how language works dear.
Polygamous marriage was accepted long before your kind ever thought about validation. Yet, somehow, your side managed to achieve legal standing before Polygamy did. "Twist" is right...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203305 Jul 17, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
Jona! wrote 'No honeypie, only the fundamentalists (who are a very small faction of society) agree with you, and no one really gives a rat's ass what those people think about anything. They are hypocritical liars like yourself." Stating that 'fundies' are only a small fraction of the U.S.??? What a dumb arss! Look it up, it's about 25%, Homosexuals are only @ 2%. Lying dumb twurd.
Oh, before they are done, they will have rewritten history. They will be responsible for all that is good in the world, when they are done. Gays freed the slaves. Gays fought the Germans to a standstill. Gays invented airplanes. Gays invented the lightbulb. Gays created the Tuskegee Airman. Gays have ALWAYS been the prime reason for being where we are today. And gays have always tolerated heterosexuals.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203306 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree all homofascists and revisionists and atheists need to be quarantined until we can find a cure, and by all means keep the children away from them.:(
Agreed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203307 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The "basic essence of marriage" is a human legal matter, not a natural matter.
There are no legal "marriages” in the animal kingdom outside of human governmental law.
You are free to call your grotesque marriage whatever you want to, but you will not be defining mine or anyone else’s.
There is no requirement of intent or ability for procreation for a marriage license, we marry couples all the time and have for hundreds of years that cannot have children. Your belittling those people is not helping your case in any way at all, you are only driving more people to our side of equality and freedom.
Don't be facile. People were mating and procreating before the spoken word.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203308 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The "basic essence of marriage" is a human legal matter, not a natural matter.
There are no legal "marriages” in the animal kingdom outside of human governmental law.
You are free to call your grotesque marriage whatever you want to, but you will not be defining mine or anyone else’s.
There is no requirement of intent or ability for procreation for a marriage license, we marry couples all the time and have for hundreds of years that cannot have children. Your belittling those people is not helping your case in any way at all, you are only driving more people to our side of equality and freedom.
Says the "marriage definer", calling the marriage of another "Grotesque"...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203309 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Me?
You talking about eradicating people.
That sword can cut both ways
I just enjoy putting peoples comments into perspective by turning their opinions onto themselves.
Or better, Imagine one of those gaudy felt paintings of Jesus at the rock with a speech bubble over his head saying “Wee need to grow a spine and eradicate these people!”
Yeah that kind of puts it in its proper perspective, I don’t assume for one moment that a single” actual Christian” has ever posted in this forum. Just a bunch of people that use that religion as justification for their bigotry and their desire for power over others.
In other words, you condemn people for the same behavior that you exhibit.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203310 Jul 17, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean he's a DEMOCRAT !:)
He means that D is a hypocrite.

Long Beach, CA

#203311 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like these 'troll-posts':
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
ss marriage is an oxymoron.
A troll is someone who attacks the messenger rather than the message. Something both VV and you just did.
Smile.
Oh you silly troll. Practicing your copy paste skills again, I see. How many thousands of times have you posted those same exact sentences, as if that will make them mean something? Silly old man.

Long Beach, CA

#203312 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing on Mother's Day YOU got the honors and not the woman who abandoned her children?
Would that be an example of an ad hominem attack?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203313 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Why did Rock Hudson have to change his name? Anyone know?
Did you just catch on? I was banned yet again....LOL. I'm the "new ditz" that you were replying to... Sorry it took you this long to catch on.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203314 Jul 17, 2013
Drop China favored status wrote:
U.S. needs to drop the most favored trading status from the Communist Chinese at once, America needs it's jobs back.
America says Communist China has Spoiled Tech Tariff Talks.
We can't. They own us.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#203315 Jul 17, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now..
You cannot be serious...
"Social science (and basic common sense) defines marriage as a legal union that meets the needs of two people."...pshaw. You may be able to quibble about definitions, splitting hairs. SOCIETY defines marriage as the bond between man and woman. Simple, no need to dissect and cherrypick.
Marriage isn't defined SOLELY as a bond between man and woman. In 13 states and in 16 countries around the globe, marriage is also defined as a LEGAL bond between same-gender couples.

I know it kills you each time somebody points that out to you.

Oh... By the way... I never did get an answer as to why you were forced to change your name.

Would you care to elaborate?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Winchester, CA (Sep '10) 11 hr Pink 11
corruption with Riverside county CPS Fri SAD BUT TRUE 11
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) Thu lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Thu Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Dec 24 lupita garcia 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet