Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,803)

Showing posts 176,041 - 176,060 of200,218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
George Z. was only protecting his residence, that is why he followed Trayvon. This was a private, gated community and Trayvons parents did NOT reside there family and friends made it up. Fact is Trayvon became violent when asked a simple question. Instead of answering in a civil manner he bacame very agitated instead of just answering the question, Trayvon was so agiteated that he got into Georges face and hit him with a left hook, the rest is self defense on Georges part, too bad for Trayvon, this is one caper he failed at it was just a matter of time. This is just the way young black boys handle their business and this is why there is so much violence around. Their motto is: put the blame some where esle. Bottom line is that the jury tried extreamly hare to find something George did wrong, and after 16 hrs of deliberation they couldn't end of story. Oh it is hilarious that Trayvons parents and friends were positive that Trayvon did no wrong as if they were there the entire time , just like yourself you were there right? you sound like you have been in trouble with the cops before you idiot. Go FK yourself.
Martin was staying in that neighborhood with His father. He had every right to be there. Martin is guilty of not walking away and fighting, and the fat cop wannabe is guilty of playing cop and getting out of his truck. It's a simple case of 2 fools coming together, that's all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

PottyMouth wrote:
Gays will be prancing around in the streets tonite. They will be screaming and dry humping each other in public. Wearing leather jock straps or diapers. The news will actual show this stuff on TV. GREAT!
An oldie but goodie!
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Martin was staying in that neighborhood with His father. He had every right to be there. Martin is guilty of not walking away and fighting, and the fat cop wannabe is guilty of playing cop and getting out of his truck. It's a simple case of 2 fools coming together, that's all.
Well in an adjacent neighborhood that is, but not the gated one he decided to pass through. It just so happened that a resident of the gated community saw Trayvon and decided to go investigate what he was up to, because George knew he didn't belong, anyone who wants to protect his HOOD would do this, I do the same. So go pound sand you loser. RIP Trayvon no more worries
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Cooterbob wrote:
<quoted text>
pur senior jorge zimmerman was ah viktim of anit-semitizm, raychul haytrid four brown mexicunz & homofobia!
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
treyvon martun beet pur senior jorge lykes ah frigun pinyata cuz hims thawt senior jorge wuz ah frewt!
frig my lifes!
Listen hear son, can we pick at your "Brain" you know, get some tissue so we can see what makes you tick!! lol

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not giving an opinion
a marriage is a legal contract, recognized in this country on the state and federal level.
I am not going to define my own marriage by your personal definitions ( what a nightmare ), or Warren Jeffís definition ( defines marriage as an excuse to molest children on religious grounds), or anyone elseís definition.
The only common thread is the legal contract recognized on the state and federal level.
It doesnít matter if you comprehend that or not, it is a fact.
Same Sex couples are married, and recognized on the state and federal level.
They win, you lost
No one said anything about opinions. Why do you keep shifting from the essence of marriage?

I know. Because a SS couple will only ever be a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage. A repetition of one gender vs the unique creation a diverse gendered union makes.

No law or piece of paper or law will ever change that, will it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said anything about opinions. Why do you keep shifting from the essence of marriage?
I know. Because a SS couple will only ever be a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage. A repetition of one gender vs the unique creation a diverse gendered union makes.
No law or piece of paper or law will ever change that, will it.
You have been giving nothing but your personal about how a marriage is defined, but you donít have the power or authority to define others marriages, your opinion is worthless, no one cares what you think.

A marriage IS a legal contract, whether you comprehend that fact or not makes no difference to the fact.

No one has given you the authority to define other peoples marriages, just who do you think you are?

Same sex couples are as married as you or I are, nothing you say will change that fact.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not marriages, and why? Because they are not recognized on the state or federal level, thank you for making my point.
But your point was that marriage is not dependent on what other people think. Thank you for making my point that it really is.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been giving nothing but your personal about how a marriage is defined, but you donít have the power or authority to define others marriages, your opinion is worthless, no one cares what you think.
Likewise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has given you the authority to define other peoples marriages, just who do you think you are?
Likewise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
A marriage IS a legal contract, whether you comprehend that fact or not makes no difference to the fact.
Same sex couples are as married as you or I are, nothing you say will change that fact.
For someone who has declared this thread moot, you sure are moot.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>"This is just the way young black boys handle their business and this is why there is so much violence around. "
Are you a member of the KKK in good standing?
Not a member of the KKK. Before you go too far out on the limb, did you know he didn't like your kind, he was a homophobe

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in an adjacent neighborhood that is, but not the gated one he decided to pass through. It just so happened that a resident of the gated community saw Trayvon and decided to go investigate what he was up to, because George knew he didn't belong, anyone who wants to protect his HOOD would do this, I do the same. So go pound sand you loser. RIP Trayvon no more worries
Here is a map that might help you. It was not an adjacent neighborhood: http://globalgrind.com/news/trayvon-martin-sh...

Georgie made a mistake, he decided he didn't belong because of his skin tone. they both are stupid. And it seems you are too. let it rest. take your Zimmerman poster down, he's no hero.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Social science defines the essence of marriage as a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Really, social science defines the essence of marriage this way? Exactly when did social science create this definition? Where is it recorded in the history of social science definitions? Does social science's definition supersede the states?

Please do educate the room dolt.
Just ME

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman. Theres no bible that sways from that definition. Gay marriages may be legal now, but in most peoples eyes, youre all just perverted people living together. You may be able to legally be married, a privile given to you by humans... but in gods eyes youre detestable and unworthy of his approval. Youre all spitting on the one special arrangement he set for humanity to be enjoyed by a man and a woman. Lets see how well your marriage does on judgment day.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing on Mother's Day YOU got the honors and not the woman who abandoned her children?
I'm sure that is what you are guessing. You seem to guess a lot of ugly things. Because you're an ugly person. Like most fundamentalist Christians.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Just ME wrote:
The bible defines marriage between a man and a woman..
You are free to have believe in whichever book you want to in this country

but there are people legally married that donít believe in your little religion too.

and people of different religions that believe in many different gods and many different religious laws.

and people of no religion at all

Your little book has nothing whatsoever to do with marriage and how it is defined under US Law

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I have given the social science essence of marriage. That is why you have no defense for it.

All of the things I listed are unchangeable realities that distinguish between SS couples and marriage.

SS couples are clearly NOT the same as marriage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, social science defines the essence of marriage this way? Exactly when did social science create this definition? Where is it recorded in the history of social science definitions? Does social science's definition supersede the states?
Please do educate the room dolt.
Look up human mating behavior.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that is what you are guessing. You seem to guess a lot of ugly things. Because you're an ugly person. Like most fundamentalist Christians.
Smile.
It is an ugly reality isn't it?

It is one thing for a child to be deprived of their mother by accident. It is wholly another issue to deliberately do so.

That is the ugly reality of what you and your partner did in a vain effort to manufacture a fake family and imposter marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I have given the social science essence of marriage. That is why you have no defense for it.
All of the things I listed are unchangeable realities that distinguish between SS couples and marriage.
SS couples are clearly NOT the same as marriage.
Wrong you have given nothing but your personal opinion of the definition of marriage for everyone else. But you are not going to define mine, you donít have enough sense to define anything for anyone.

Here is a reality for you that you have not comprehended yet

A marriage is a legal contract, and same sex marriages are legally recognized by both the state and federal governments.

They clearly are a marriage whether you like it or not, as the contract is legally valid, and there is nothing whatsoever you can say to change that.

You lost, they won, get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,041 - 176,060 of200,218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 59 min 21 and over 15,912
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Spiked 4,837
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 6 hr Chris 39
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 9 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 166
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 9 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 469
Devin F you're my secret crush! Wed eye for a eye 5
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) Mon JazzerciseHemet 3
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••