Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,800)

Showing posts 175,981 - 176,000 of200,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sheesh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
If Travon Martin didn't tresspass into a gated community he may still be alive today, unless he chose to rob a liquor store, he is a bad little boy with a rap sheet. If you are going to deffend him know the facts so you don't look as stupid as he does or did
Speaking of not knowing the facts...

Trayvon Martin's father LIVED in that gated community. Allegedly that was where Trayvon was headed after purchasing a drink and some skittles at the store he'd visited moments before dying. Since when is it trespassing to be in YOUR father's gated community?

It doesn't matter what Trayvon was up to anyway as trespass isn't punishable by the death penalty.

Now who is it that looks stupid? And while you're stewing on that one kindly point out where I've defended Trayvon's actions. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And we don't really know what Trayvon did as we only have Zimmerman's account of the events preceding the shooting. A lot went down prior to the presence of any witnesses. They came out after the altercation started. What we do know is that the police told Zimmerman not to follow him WAY before anything happened. What we've got from Zimmerman is that he exited his vehicle to determine a street name and a street address. Quite odd for a resident of a neighborhood that is out on a neighborhood watch to need to do that, doncha think?

See this map:
http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/z...

If that doesn't work try copying these two bits into one browser & avoid any gaps:
http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/
zimmerman-trayvon-map-interact ive

Zimmerman followed him quite a ways after being told not to do so.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Not that we know Trayvon was up to any wrong doing. From the map the only real thing one can tell is that he was walking from the store to his father's home. Was he up to no good? We'll never know because he isn't around to give his version of what happened. Zimmerman saw to that.

Trayvon had a record so did Zimmerman. From where I sit that doesn't justify killing anyone.
Spool

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

It's more like screech!

Your just a spool.

Since: Jul 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Ah did anyone no zimmerman is not gulity and we all know he did it
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>The correct action should have been as follows.
Zimmerman, stays away, follows at a distance, contacts police, reports activity.
But did he do that ? No he confronted the kid. a fight ensues, teenager is shot and killed.
Yes he was defending himself. Yes there was a fight. Did it need to happen??????
Why didn't Zimmerman follow police instructions????
Guns don't kill people, its the morons who are holding the gun.
Zimmerman is not guilty. Deal with it. Stop whining.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Way to go attack the Gay guy.
Its you Frank, its you that approves of children being married, ya perv
Way to go attack Frankie cause he's not gay.

Why do you lie? I don't advocate children marrying nor am I a pervert for supporting marriage equality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>I did not know that Zimmerman had a copy of his arrest records. Did Zimmerman also have a refer meter? I mean, damn he could tell that the kid had smoked a little pot. Well that's reason enough for me. Trespassing, smoking pot, why he got off easy. He could have gotten the chair.
I wonder, if Zimmerman would have kept his distance and just let the cops handle it, would he have gotten his head bashed in? I bet not.
Wha? I never said any of that. Are you OK Jizzy? You let this stuff upset you so, calm down.

Maybe you meant to post to someone else and I am just IN YOUR DOPEY HEAD?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>
...I wonder, if Zimmerman would have kept his distance and just let the cops handle it, would he have gotten his head bashed in? I bet not.
I wonder, if TM didn't bash in GZ's head would he have gotten shot? I bet not. So did the jury.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Kimare pretended to be a preacher for many years. But I have never seen him represent Christianity in the 3 or so years I've observed his posts.
He has done everything in his power to create hatred and fear of God's children--His creation.
Don't get into a pissing contest with a skunk. There is no winning. It's better to just walk away and let him piss himself.
I know a little about his history. You have a better life than Kimare will EVER have.
Agreed. Kimare is a miserable old man who has no life other than copying and pasting the same troll-posts over and over on multiple threads on Topix.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>If I really felt that the kid was up to no good, I would have let the cops handle it. After all its their job.
We know. You would hide in your car and tremble.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>So if I walk on your lawn, you can shoot me, mistake one.
Damn are you stupid?
why do you always turn my question to suit yourself you A-Hole. I set up the question don't change it. you for got part 2 if you walk on my lawn AND pose a threat by attacking me! you bet I'm goin to put a cap into your sorry ass. I didn't invite you onto my property. I bet you are as stupid as Trayvon
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>If I really felt that the kid was up to no good, I would have let the cops handle it. After all its their job.
You are as stupid as I thought. so you will let him put an ass wopin on you until the cops get there right?, you dumb shit
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of not knowing the facts...
Trayvon Martin's father LIVED in that gated community. Allegedly that was where Trayvon was headed after purchasing a drink and some skittles at the store he'd visited moments before dying. Since when is it trespassing to be in YOUR father's gated community?
It doesn't matter what Trayvon was up to anyway as trespass isn't punishable by the death penalty.
Now who is it that looks stupid? And while you're stewing on that one kindly point out where I've defended Trayvon's actions. Two wrongs don't make a right.
And we don't really know what Trayvon did as we only have Zimmerman's account of the events preceding the shooting. A lot went down prior to the presence of any witnesses. They came out after the altercation started. What we do know is that the police told Zimmerman not to follow him WAY before anything happened. What we've got from Zimmerman is that he exited his vehicle to determine a street name and a street address. Quite odd for a resident of a neighborhood that is out on a neighborhood watch to need to do that, doncha think?
See this map:
http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/z...
If that doesn't work try copying these two bits into one browser & avoid any gaps:
http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/
zimmerman-trayvon-map-interact ive
Zimmerman followed him quite a ways after being told not to do so.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Not that we know Trayvon was up to any wrong doing. From the map the only real thing one can tell is that he was walking from the store to his father's home. Was he up to no good? We'll never know because he isn't around to give his version of what happened. Zimmerman saw to that.
Trayvon had a record so did Zimmerman. From where I sit that doesn't justify killing anyone.
Trayvons family and friends didn't help his case, they were all caught in lies. the entire aliby was a lie, you are probably sitting on the toilet because your explanation stinks and the jury is smarter than you. Try again ... lol RIP Trayvon

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

A news story from today:

The UK Is About to Legalize Gay Marriage

Gay marriage is a formality away from becoming British law after both houses of Parliament signed off on a bill that would allow LGBT couples in England and Wales to marry starting next summer.

The bill is waiting for a "royal assent" from Queen Elizabeth II, expected within the next few days, before it's officially law. That's after the House of Commons decided on Tuesday to agree to a number of small amendments made to the bill by the House of Lords, the unelected upper house of the U.K. Parliament.

The U.K's conservative Prime Minister David Cameron introduced the initiative to legalize gay marriage in the country, and the bill had the support of leaders from more or less every major British political party, though Cameron's Conservative party has been pretty split on the issue. But, illuminating the divisions in the country over the gay marriage issue, the scope of the measure is somewhat limited. For one thing, it won't apply in Northern Ireland or Scotland (Scottish Parliament is independently considering their own gay marriage bill). And the Church of England won't perform same-sex marriage ceremonies according to the new law. The CoE dropped its official opposition to the bill in June, citing its broad base of political support. Other religious organizations may "opt in" to performing the ceremonies.

As the BBC notes, the bill also includes protections for married individuals who identify as transgender. Gay marriage supporters in the country (not to mention in the legislature) will now focus on determining whether humanists will be allowed to perform marriages, and what the implications of same-sex marriages will be on the country's pension schemes. Those outstanding issues, and the time it'll take to resolve them, are why officials expect nearly a year-long delay in the start of same sex marriages after the bill becomes law this week.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
A news story from today:
The UK Is About to Legalize Gay Marriage
Gay marriage is a formality away from becoming British law after both houses of Parliament signed off on a bill that would allow LGBT couples in England and Wales to marry starting next summer.
Oh Lordy, don't tell Kimare. Zher Depends (brand undergarments) are already filled after the recent SCOTUS decision.
Implants

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

COPPER COATED MICROCHIP IMPLANT
ALLOWS TERRORISTS TO SPEAK TO GOD!

The implant is specifically designed to be
installed in the forehead.

When properly installed, it will instantly allow
the terrorist to speak to God.
sheesh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvons family and friends didn't help his case, they were all caught in lies. the entire aliby was a lie, you are probably sitting on the toilet because your explanation stinks and the jury is smarter than you. Try again ... lol RIP Trayvon
What alibi? That isn't my explanation dum dum. What I wrote were facts. Try learning the difference.

Fact: Trayvon had been to the store (evidence exists to support this).

Fact: He was returning to his father's residence, ergo he wasn't trespassing. That sums up what he was doing.

Fact: Zimmerman was told to not follow Trayvon.

Fact: Zimmerman continued to follow him well beyond the point he was instructed to back off.

Fact: Trayvon had a history of unacceptable behavior. He had two suspensions under his belt. One for possession of stolen jewelry and a "burglary tool" and one for possession of an empty plastic bag with pot residue and a pipe.

Fact: Zimmerman had a violent past. Two resisting arrest events one deemed non-violent and one deemed violent and one domestic violence. All three swept inexplicably under the rug. Also a fact: his father was a judge.

I wouldn't want either of them in my neighborhood.

Simple enough for you?

Speaking of lies, you insisted Trayvon was trespassing. He wasn't as I pointed out earlier. Unless you think being in your parent's neighborhood is trespassing.

I suspect your reply won't rebut any of the above facts, it'll just be more childish garbage. You've got nothing of substance to say.
Back shooters

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Gardena police shot man in back, autopsy report explains, but ANOTHER MAN ALSO WAS SHOT IN THE BACK AND LIVED.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_23664132/g...
Anonymous

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

so go for it http://t.co/okvyHJmeBw
Anonymous

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

if some one hear
Anonymous

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

inow but i love black beauty http://t.co/NFgZ1TNUez

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 175,981 - 176,000 of200,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 1 hr Chris 39
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 4 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 166
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 4 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 469
Devin F you're my secret crush! Wed eye for a eye 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Wed Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) Mon JazzerciseHemet 3
hemet fireworks? (Jul '09) Jul 7 Chris 32
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••