Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,994

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Long Beach, CA

#203065 Jul 16, 2013
A news story from today:

The UK Is About to Legalize Gay Marriage

Gay marriage is a formality away from becoming British law after both houses of Parliament signed off on a bill that would allow LGBT couples in England and Wales to marry starting next summer.

The bill is waiting for a "royal assent" from Queen Elizabeth II, expected within the next few days, before it's officially law. That's after the House of Commons decided on Tuesday to agree to a number of small amendments made to the bill by the House of Lords, the unelected upper house of the U.K. Parliament.

The U.K's conservative Prime Minister David Cameron introduced the initiative to legalize gay marriage in the country, and the bill had the support of leaders from more or less every major British political party, though Cameron's Conservative party has been pretty split on the issue. But, illuminating the divisions in the country over the gay marriage issue, the scope of the measure is somewhat limited. For one thing, it won't apply in Northern Ireland or Scotland (Scottish Parliament is independently considering their own gay marriage bill). And the Church of England won't perform same-sex marriage ceremonies according to the new law. The CoE dropped its official opposition to the bill in June, citing its broad base of political support. Other religious organizations may "opt in" to performing the ceremonies.

As the BBC notes, the bill also includes protections for married individuals who identify as transgender. Gay marriage supporters in the country (not to mention in the legislature) will now focus on determining whether humanists will be allowed to perform marriages, and what the implications of same-sex marriages will be on the country's pension schemes. Those outstanding issues, and the time it'll take to resolve them, are why officials expect nearly a year-long delay in the start of same sex marriages after the bill becomes law this week.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#203066 Jul 16, 2013
guest wrote:
A news story from today:
The UK Is About to Legalize Gay Marriage
Gay marriage is a formality away from becoming British law after both houses of Parliament signed off on a bill that would allow LGBT couples in England and Wales to marry starting next summer.
Oh Lordy, don't tell Kimare. Zher Depends (brand undergarments) are already filled after the recent SCOTUS decision.
Implants

Monrovia, CA

#203067 Jul 16, 2013
COPPER COATED MICROCHIP IMPLANT
ALLOWS TERRORISTS TO SPEAK TO GOD!

The implant is specifically designed to be
installed in the forehead.

When properly installed, it will instantly allow
the terrorist to speak to God.
sheesh

United States

#203068 Jul 17, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvons family and friends didn't help his case, they were all caught in lies. the entire aliby was a lie, you are probably sitting on the toilet because your explanation stinks and the jury is smarter than you. Try again ... lol RIP Trayvon
What alibi? That isn't my explanation dum dum. What I wrote were facts. Try learning the difference.

Fact: Trayvon had been to the store (evidence exists to support this).

Fact: He was returning to his father's residence, ergo he wasn't trespassing. That sums up what he was doing.

Fact: Zimmerman was told to not follow Trayvon.

Fact: Zimmerman continued to follow him well beyond the point he was instructed to back off.

Fact: Trayvon had a history of unacceptable behavior. He had two suspensions under his belt. One for possession of stolen jewelry and a "burglary tool" and one for possession of an empty plastic bag with pot residue and a pipe.

Fact: Zimmerman had a violent past. Two resisting arrest events one deemed non-violent and one deemed violent and one domestic violence. All three swept inexplicably under the rug. Also a fact: his father was a judge.

I wouldn't want either of them in my neighborhood.

Simple enough for you?

Speaking of lies, you insisted Trayvon was trespassing. He wasn't as I pointed out earlier. Unless you think being in your parent's neighborhood is trespassing.

I suspect your reply won't rebut any of the above facts, it'll just be more childish garbage. You've got nothing of substance to say.
Back shooters

Monrovia, CA

#203069 Jul 17, 2013
Gardena police shot man in back, autopsy report explains, but ANOTHER MAN ALSO WAS SHOT IN THE BACK AND LIVED.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_23664132/g...
Anonymous

Oakland, CA

#203070 Jul 17, 2013
so go for it http://t.co/okvyHJmeBw
Anonymous

Oakland, CA

#203071 Jul 17, 2013
if some one hear
Anonymous

Oakland, CA

#203072 Jul 17, 2013
inow but i love black beauty http://t.co/NFgZ1TNUez

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#203073 Jul 17, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Kimare is a miserable old man who has no life other than copying and pasting the same troll-posts over and over on multiple threads on Topix.
You mean like these 'troll-posts':

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.

ss marriage is an oxymoron.

A troll is someone who attacks the messenger rather than the message. Something both VV and you just did.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203075 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like these 'troll-posts':
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
ss marriage is an oxymoron.
A troll is someone who attacks the messenger rather than the message. Something both VV and you just did.
Smile.
Like your troll posts?

at its most basic essence marriage is a legal contract recognized by local government

A troll is someone that attacks the messenger letting you know that Same sex marriage is legal, recognized on both the state and federal level.

Sterility is moot as the ability or intent to have children has never ever been a requirement for a marriage
Anonymous

Oakland, CA

#203076 Jul 17, 2013
get the sex tip and let the those keep the sex growth http://t.co/w02rPltCjr

Location hidden

#203077 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your troll posts?
at its most basic essence marriage is a legal contract recognized by local government
A troll is someone that attacks the messenger letting you know that Same sex marriage is legal, recognized on both the state and federal level.
Sterility is moot as the ability or intent to have children has never ever been a requirement for a marriage
Did you really assert that the basic essence of marriage is a contract?

Do you understand how that exposes the idiocy of calling SS couples married?

Thanks for making my point.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203078 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really assert that the basic essence of marriage is a contract?
Do you understand how that exposes the idiocy of calling SS couples married?
Thanks for making my point.
Of course it is troll

a legal contract, that is what a marriage certificate is, each person defines their own marriage on a personal level. Some relish one another, some put up with one another, some are partnerships, some are a oppression of one over the other, some are religious, some are not.

No marriages are dependent on what other people that feel different think of yours

Do you understand the idiocy of your constantly mentioning sterility when the ability or intent to have children has never been a requirement for a marriage?

Thank you for making mine
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#203079 Jul 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What not me too?
Not really, now I just get bored reading your antagonistic posts.

Location hidden

#203080 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is troll
a legal contract, that is what a marriage certificate is, each person defines their own marriage on a personal level. Some relish one another, some put up with one another, some are partnerships, some are a oppression of one over the other, some are religious, some are not.
No marriages are dependent on what other people that feel different think of yours
Do you understand the idiocy of your constantly mentioning sterility when the ability or intent to have children has never been a requirement for a marriage?
Thank you for making mine
That's not what you claimed. You said the essence of marriage is a contract.

As utterly ridiculous as removing the natural fruit of a marriage.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#203081 Jul 17, 2013
Mikey wrote:
Not really, now I just get bored reading your antagonistic posts.
If you don't feed a troll it dies.
Sweet L

Monrovia, CA

#203082 Jul 17, 2013
Sweet Lindsey Graham has another stupid Republican idea US should consider Olympic boycott over possible Snowden asylum in Russia.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203083 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you claimed. You said the essence of marriage is a contract.
As utterly ridiculous as removing the natural fruit of a marriage.
Listen troll

You donít get to define my marriage, or anyone elseís. Your opinion is totally worthless

A marriage is a legal contract, recognized by our government and laws.

Same sex couples are legally married and recognized on the state and federal level.

You donít get to define their mirages either, you are not that important.

You can define your own, but that is where it stops

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#203084 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are playing dumb and trying to covering your ass.
I haven't played dumb at all. That would be you dear. You're the one presenting non-existent statistics and "facts", not me. Don't get all bent out of shape because I'm able to call you on your intentional deceitfulness.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can gay twirl it all you want, but real couples and families agree with me.
No honeypie, only the fundamentalists (who are a very small faction of society) agree with you, and no one really gives a rat's ass what those people think about anything. They are hypocritical liars like yourself.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your manufactured family is a despicable abuse of children.
No hon, it isn't. That's why no child health experts agree with your completely unfounded and unsupported statement. I'm quite sure that those experts would just think your an angry c*nt like I do.

Smile!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, you used a woman to pretend your partner and you had a child.
No dear, actually the "woman" recognized what wonderful parents we would be and went out of her way to volunteer her time before we ever thought of asking. And my husband and I DO have a child, two actually. Not a damn thing you can do about it but continue to be a raving bitch and stomping your feet and pouting.

Smile c*nt!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A perverted twist of nature at the expense of a child's parent.
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine hon?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm amazed you can look those kids in the eye.
I'm sure you are. But I have no problem looking them in the eye. I also have no problem using posts like yours to demonstrate to them the utter ugliness, hypocrisy and pure lunacy of fundamentalist Christians.

Thank you for being such an ugly c*nt.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#203085 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they both are.
No, they both weren't. I easily demonstrated that.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if it takes a gay pretending to be hetero to have a child.
No pretending was necessary. I was gay through the entire process of having children.

And I stopped pretending to be hetero around the age of 16 when I realized that ugly people like you have big mouths, but don't at all represent the normal people of society. You're a coward and a c*nt and completely insignificant.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Flaggstaff 5,083
Review: Hemet Eye Care Center Of Optometry (Oct '13) Sun hi5432j 2
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council Sun Jeremy Cronin 23
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
david steidell (Aug '07) Sep 19 huhwhathaha 13
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info