Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201844 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#202785 Jul 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Another unsubstantiated ad homoan attack.
How do you survive without a brain?
A better question would be why you refuse to obey your Wholly Babble. Here is something for your reading enjoyment:

NT references to non-existent OT prophecies.

(1) "As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,`Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way'(Mark 1:2 RSV)." There is no such prophecy in Isaiah.

(2) "And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets,`He shall be called a Nazarene (Matt. 2:23)." "He shall be called a Nazarene does not exist in the OT. There is no such prophecy." Judges 13:5 ("For, lo, thou shalt conceive and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb") is not applicable because:
(a) A Nazarite was not identical to an inhabitant of Nazareth;
(b) Acts 24:5 ("...a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes") shows that a Nazarene was actually a member of a sect, not a resident of Nazareth;
(c) and the man referred to was Samson, not Jesus. Moreover, Jesus was never called a Nazarene.

(3) "then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me (Matt. 27:9-10)." There is no such statement in the Book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah 32:8-9 ("...Then I knew that this was the word of the Lord. And I bought the field of Hanameel my uncle's son, that was in Anatoth, and weighed him the money, even seventeen shekels of silver") doesn't apply because:
(a) Matthew says 30 pieces of silver were involved while Jeremiah says 17 shekels of silver;
(b) Jer. 32:9 says Jeremiah alone bought the field, while Matthew says "they" bought the field, and
(c) Matthew is discussing blood money that was not approved by God or allowed in the treasury (Matt. 27:5-8), while that in Jeremiah was approved by God (Jer. 32:8, 14-15).

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#202786 Jul 15, 2013
"For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;...." (Jer. 33:17) and "...I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations" (Psalm 89:3-4) and "Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure for ever and his throne as the sun before me. I shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven" (Psalm 89:35-37, 1 Chron. 17:12, 14) and (2 Sam. 7:13, 16). God said there would always be a Davidic king. Yet, the Davidic line ended with Zedekiah; there was no Jewish (Davidic) king for 450 years. Not until the Hasmoneans (Maccabeans) established a new dynasty with their King Aristobulus, was the Davidic line restored. Since the end of the Hasmonean dynasty there has never been a king of the Jews. No descendant of David is now ruling in the Middle East.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#202788 Jul 15, 2013
July142013 wrote:
Another GOOD ruling, California Supreme Court won't order state to stop gay marriages.
Looks like the prop8 supporter's will have to find another state to make their hate in?
P.S. try overseas!
Please take all your like minded friends with you, if it's church take that too!
Sometimes the State gets it right! But I would never wish to visit American pew warming bigots onto foreign countires, except maybe Saudi Arabia where they would all be beheaded for believing in the wrong God. It would serve them right.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202789 Jul 15, 2013
Oy. Reverend whack job cut and paste again.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202790 Jul 15, 2013
July142013 wrote:
Another GOOD ruling, California Supreme Court won't order state to stop gay marriages.
Looks like the prop8 supporter's will have to find another state to make their hate in?
P.S. try overseas!
Please take all your like minded friends with you, if it's church take that too!
Gay marriage is an oxymoron.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202794 Jul 15, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
That from a leftist imbecile who marched in the streets to prop up the Butcher of Baghdad.
Do you live on the indymedia, Brother Stain? Do you constantly chant your hate for America while appeasing the Islamofascists?
C'mon back and tell us that your kind doesn't Appease.
I miss Baghdad Bob. We should have kept that dude. Gave him a high position in the Bush and Obama administrations.

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!" -Baghdad Bob. Iraqi Information Minister.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202795 Jul 15, 2013
"The leader of the international criminal gang of bastards."

Baghdad Bob on GHW Bush.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202796 Jul 15, 2013
Stain Watch wrote:
Joanie Baloney and Elaine Stain here in the same hour. And the smilies pile up too.
I like it when Joanie Baloney posts. All angry and sh!t. Gets so upset he can hardly type. Fun!

But the Reverend is boring. Cut and paste bible schtick. Like anyone bothers to read it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202799 Jul 15, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a lot of them because this is a stupid statement.
con·straint
[kuhn-streynt] Show IPA
noun
1.limitation or restriction.
2.repression of natural feelings and impulses: to practice constraint.
3.unnatural restraint in manner, conversation, etc.; embarrassment.
4.something that constrains.
5.the act of constraining.
So marriage restricts "evolutionary mating behaviors"?
Were mating behaviors different in the past KiMare? How did they evolve? What did they used to be as opposed to what they are now?
<quoted text>
No that would be you dearie. The post I'm responding to is another example.
Ohhhhhhhh Joh-nie......it simply a matter of regulating the sexes as it relates to mating, sex, and procreation. It's really not that hard to see that. Men and women have different functions and approaches in relation to each other, and sex. Why do u think marriage has had two primary forms throughout time and place? It's either been one man one woman, or one man many women.

Take a break for the rainbow spiked punch, it's effecting your thinking.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202800 Jul 15, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I keep confirming your a deceitful, moronic, intentionally agitative c*nt.
Still waiting to hear how mating habits have evolved. Please walk us through the steps. Smirk.
For someone who states they're "gay", that's not happy talk at all.
July142013

Monrovia, CA

#202802 Jul 15, 2013
Uncle Teddy Nugent (Official AH) sees Zimmerman as a modern American hero.

•showed "the fundamental responsibility of a neighbor who cares."
•did "nothing... improper."
•had "potentially life threatening wounds."
•and "represents the purest form of self-defense there is."

And that Martin was a "standard thug" and had "an obvious racist chip on his shoulder."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202803 Jul 15, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who states they're "gay", that's not happy talk at all.
LOL
Flip Nugents face

Monrovia, CA

#202805 Jul 15, 2013
Uncle Teddy Nugent (Official AH) sees Zimmerman as a modern American hero.
•showed "the fundamental responsibility of a neighbor who cares."
•did "nothing... improper."

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202807 Jul 15, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I wasn't the one who said "Who gives a damn..."
2) I feel for those kids....
3) Throwing them under the bus, with "Who gives a damn...."
4) Tell me, how many times have we claimed to be "gods". An accurate number, if you please..
5) That is because they wanted to milk the cow, but had no interest in buying the milk.
6) I'm big enough now. But, i've no interest in "worked in", that sounds g4y...
7) Hiding? I don't see you offering to drive up here... And, I made no threat, drama queen, I said that you deserve a beating.
--Just tired of seeing you and others using children in order to promote anti-homosexual sentiment.

--If you cared about children at all, you'd be thrilled that there are tens of thousands of gay and lesbians willing to take them into their home and provide them with the love and support that they need so that they can grow up to be adults.
But you're not. You're an ignorant jerk who believes that gays are disordered and incapable of such things.
If we're disordered, maybe we should all file for Social Security Disability benefits and live on the dole.

--Yes, you do throw them under the bus. You use them to try to block same-sex marriage. Kids have nothing to do with marriage. You won't find children listed on a marriage certificate application or license. You don't hear them being mentioned at wedding ceremonies.
You use them to advance a hateful, fear-based agenda that has no basis in science.

--Maybe you should direct your "gods" question to Kimare, who constantly zeros in on children and the "remarkable" (sarcasm) belief that only heterosexual couples procreate.

--I guarantee that I know gay men who are better fathers to their biological or adopted children than most straight men. The statistic that I read indicates that there are some 20,000,000 kids in the US who do not have a father present in the home.
You guys are such good role models.

--Are you so "gay paranoid" that you see gay undertones into anything a gay man says to you? Or maybe you're one of those guys who thinks that every gay man wants to take you to bed.
It's been my experience that straight guys who believe such horseshit are usually uglier than a mud fence--nobody would have anything to do with them.
Your personality alone makes you so hideous that no gay man (or probably straight woman) would give you the time of day.

--Such bluster from a mental midget... As they say down here, "Anytime you feel froggy; jump on down to Knoxville."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202808 Jul 15, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
--Just tired of seeing you and others using children in order to promote anti-homosexual sentiment.
--If you cared about children at all, you'd be thrilled that there are tens of thousands of gay and lesbians willing to take them into their home and provide them with the love and support that they need so that they can grow up to be adults.
But you're not. You're an ignorant jerk who believes that gays are disordered and incapable of such things.
If we're disordered, maybe we should all file for Social Security Disability benefits and live on the dole.
--Yes, you do throw them under the bus. You use them to try to block same-sex marriage. Kids have nothing to do with marriage. You won't find children listed on a marriage certificate application or license. You don't hear them being mentioned at wedding ceremonies.
You use them to advance a hateful, fear-based agenda that has no basis in science.
--Maybe you should direct your "gods" question to Kimare, who constantly zeros in on children and the "remarkable" (sarcasm) belief that only heterosexual couples procreate.
--I guarantee that I know gay men who are better fathers to their biological or adopted children than most straight men. The statistic that I read indicates that there are some 20,000,000 kids in the US who do not have a father present in the home.
You guys are such good role models.
--Are you so "gay paranoid" that you see gay undertones into anything a gay man says to you? Or maybe you're one of those guys who thinks that every gay man wants to take you to bed.
It's been my experience that straight guys who believe such horseshit are usually uglier than a mud fence--nobody would have anything to do with them.
Your personality alone makes you so hideous that no gay man (or probably straight woman) would give you the time of day.
--Such bluster from a mental midget... As they say down here, "Anytime you feel froggy; jump on down to Knoxville."
Oy vey.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
guest

Long Beach, CA

#202810 Jul 15, 2013
Lunatic wrote:
<quoted text> No offense to any of you. But being gay is not a genetic thing. In some cases it is a choice. But not in all all cases.I would ssurmise that it's probly some kinda mental disorder. That we don't understand. Not much is known about the working of the human brain. That's the only thing it can be. I say that because if it was genetic? There would be millions upon millions of gay people. But there's not. That tells me there's something else at work here.
There ARE millions of gay people. You just don't realize it because it is just one aspect of their being. You would never know by just being around the average gay person that he or she is gay, unless the topic of interpersonal relationships came up.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#202813 Jul 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage is an oxymoron.
Says the queen of all things moronic.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#202814 Jul 15, 2013
6 Things That Will Happen Now That The Sanctity Of Marriage Is Destroyed

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-that-wi...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202816 Jul 15, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
You can spot them from a mile away. They have that Look. Don't think so? How about Sam Champion of Good Mourning Amurrikka?
Go ahead, tell me "he" doesn't have that Look.
Anderson Cooper looks like he could fly.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mary Hadalamb

San Francisco, CA

#202818 Jul 15, 2013
If Obama Boo Boo took a good shit it would say: "Free at last, free at last".

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We need better places Sat Loodledoodle 2
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) Aug 1 Gay ray dave 115
Junior High Schools in Hemet (May '10) Jul 31 animal_freak1301 15
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) Jul 31 Unknown 8
What is there to do in Hemet ? (May '08) Jul 31 Molights 49
Poll Has Hemet become a dumping ground for parolees ... Jul 31 arizona bound 3
Murder of TRACY WOODS (Jun '12) Jul 29 jeannie 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages