Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
175,561 - 175,580 of 200,587 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
laughing man

UK

#202569 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dumbass... You're talking about "illegal slavery". I'm obviously talking about a time in history when slavery was still legal.
Haven't I told you not to be misleading? GGGGG!
Three sets of positive smilies in 4 minutes, shitferbrains?
well

Round Lake, IL

#202570 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How do they?
I am very happy you finally found a few friends here KiMare. Lord knows you have none in real life. You should exchange numbers and emails so you can continue your new found friendships in the real world and leave everyone else alone. "It just goes to show you there is someone for everyone"...
well

Round Lake, IL

#202571 Jul 14, 2013
oh wait, they are pretend too...just like "Cool Hand Lukes" friends were, nevermind!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202572 Jul 14, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, You're calling HIM a drama queen? That's laughable...
" Any two people can fall on top of one another and spit out a child. That's been happening since the beginning of time." This is meant to demonize heterosexuals? I fail to see how... However, I will point out that it takes 1 man and 1 woman to conceive a child.
"Spare me the histrionics." precedes "LGBT people were not enslaved, unless they were gay slaves. But neither were women, religious minorities, or the disabled. Yet we extend civil and equal rights to each one of these populations."? Priceless. "Women" are not a minority based upon sexual predilection, nor are "religious minorites" or "the disabled", which are all groups that are defined by qualities that are not based upon sexual predilection, as previously pointed out as per women. their fight is not your fight, you dishonor them all by attempting to cozy up to them and insinuate similarity.
"Stop playing with semantics" followed by " Marriage has always been and will always be a manmade social and legal union between two or more people" which is semantic deception. It has not. It has always been between 1 man and 1 woman, you have not yet been given license to re-writwe history, which is something that you have no respect for, anyway, according to your own posts. "depending on when your lived and where you lived." Untrue, nowhere in the world or history has marriage ever been between 2 of the same gender, see above point as per the revision of history. "The way it has looked has varied widely over the eons." Falsity again, it has always "looked like" 1 man and 1 woman. "Allowing same-sex partners to benefit from the laws that protect married couples in this country is a rendering of marriage." should be what you wrote, if you were actually interested in a true statement. "Denial of marriage between same-sex partners has been based on the false and long held belief that homosexuals are disordered." is another batch of hogwash. If we have had criteria in place by which to judge one another, then "disordered" is what you have been. Until you brought in some psychiatrists to make the majority seem "disordered" for having our tenets. "We no longer hold those beliefs--at least those in the medical, psychiatric, biological, and other scientific communities." is perfect proof of this point. Using the opinions of "professionals" to try and disarm us.
I would continue to dissect your posts, but I am out of room. And, I have debunked you already.
--You straight people think you're the shit because you squeeze out a few babies. All of a sudden you're "Gods"! Maybe if you'd practice a little birth control there wouldn't be 40 million abortions each year. Maybe 1.5 million children wouldn't die from starvation each year. Way to go guys! You seem to REALLY have your shit together!

--You have a problem with our sexual predilections? Got news for you, bub; we're not changing. Besides, homosexuality is considered a "class" of people. Have a look at the Supreme Court's decision in Romer vs. Evans (1996).
And you straight people have some nerve talking about our "sexual predilections". You do every single thing that we do. We don't have the market cornered on anything.

--God you're eat up with stupid tonight. Gays have been allowed to marry at various times and various places in history. And your 1 man/1 woman crap isn't even universally practiced in this day and age. There are plenty of countries that allow polygamy.

--Are you really so paranoid as to believe that mental health, medical, and biological professionals of the first world countries conspired to remove homosexuality from the lists of disorders? Please! Take your lithium!
Think about it. If these professionals could turn a buck off curing gays, they'd be doing left and right. But they determined that we are not in need of treatment.

--Next time bring some back-up. You'll need it.

Knoxville, TN

#202573 Jul 14, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Three sets of positive smilies in 4 minutes, shitferbrains?
What are you implying? I've been responding to some new ditz on the block.

Knoxville, TN

#202574 Jul 14, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear tell that Knoxville smells like Crisco this time of year.
Girl, Knoxville always smells like Crisco. We sell a lot of Krispy Kreme's around here.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202575 Jul 14, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very happy you finally found a few friends here KiMare. Lord knows you have none in real life. You should exchange numbers and emails so you can continue your new found friendships in the real world and leave everyone else alone. "It just goes to show you there is someone for everyone"...
Why does everyone who disagrees with you have to "leave everyone else alone"? If posters who disagrees with you left, wouldn't it be boring and stupid here?

Be careful what you wish for.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202576 Jul 14, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering how much scorn that thing picks up, from everyone one here. It's well deserved too.
LOLOL
Who is everyone? Count me out. Don't scorn for me fruitloops.

The only one scorning him seems to be you. And you ain't sh!t.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202577 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
--You straight people think you're the shit because you squeeze out a few babies. All of a sudden you're "Gods"! Maybe if you'd practice a little birth control there wouldn't be 40 million abortions each year. Maybe 1.5 million children wouldn't die from starvation each year. Way to go guys! You seem to REALLY have your shit together!
--You have a problem with our sexual predilections? Got news for you, bub; we're not changing. Besides, homosexuality is considered a "class" of people. Have a look at the Supreme Court's decision in Romer vs. Evans (1996).
And you straight people have some nerve talking about our "sexual predilections". You do every single thing that we do. We don't have the market cornered on anything.
--God you're eat up with stupid tonight. Gays have been allowed to marry at various times and various places in history. And your 1 man/1 woman crap isn't even universally practiced in this day and age. There are plenty of countries that allow polygamy.
--Are you really so paranoid as to believe that mental health, medical, and biological professionals of the first world countries conspired to remove homosexuality from the lists of disorders? Please! Take your lithium!
Think about it. If these professionals could turn a buck off curing gays, they'd be doing left and right. But they determined that we are not in need of treatment.
--Next time bring some back-up. You'll need it.
Yeah, maybe. Maybe if your mama practiced a little birth control we wouldn't be suffering your angry blather.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#202578 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

A defective failure of mating behavior.
The above is an incomplete sentence and nothing more than an opinion.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Clearly not equal to marriage.

Long Beach, CA

#202579 Jul 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does everyone who disagrees with you have to "leave everyone else alone"? If posters who disagrees with you left, wouldn't it be boring and stupid here?
Be careful what you wish for.
It IS boring and stupid here, mostly because of you.

Long Beach, CA

#202580 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
ss couples will never ever be more than a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
A defective failure of mating behavior.
Clearly not equal to marriage.
Oh my, yet another ad hominem hetero-twirl troll attack.
Goose

Monrovia, CA

#202581 Jul 14, 2013
What down feathers have you seen lately?

Long Beach, CA

#202582 Jul 14, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
Posts #202555 through #202559
I am reporting you for abuse.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202583 Jul 14, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS boring and stupid here, mostly because of you.
Funny you should keep coming back for more then isn't it power ranger?
sheesh

Mount Juliet, TN

#202584 Jul 14, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in poor taste to make jokes about the issue, no matter which side of the fence we are on. Someone died, and it's a tragedy.
Holy bat droppings, Batman! You post something that I'd think most reasonable folk would find spot on regardless of their feelings about the topic here and get a an 8X trifecta of negative judge its. Bravo! High Five! Chest Bump! YoodaMan!

I've been away for a bit, hey, this place is a bit of a broken record. See ya'll on the flip side.
Flack

Monrovia, CA

#202585 Jul 14, 2013
It's Skider to you bud.
Cander

Monrovia, CA

#202586 Jul 14, 2013
When nuts post then nutty posts will follow.
sheesh

United States

#202587 Jul 14, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
If it had been a negro killing a caucasian.
If it had been a black killing a white the defendant would have been checked for impairment, not the deceased. If it had been a black killing a white, odds are good he'd be in jail awaiting the to find out how long his sentence was going to be.
laughing man

UK

#202588 Jul 14, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well, you know what they say about your wife.

"Everybody has one".

aHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HA HA HA hahaha ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr dannytome 15,962
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 7 hr Kandy 476
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA 15 hr Go Blue Forever 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Fri Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu Chris 49
The Waterfalls (May '09) Thu Chris 20
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:10AM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••