Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,161

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200885 Jul 8, 2013
Since Big D has once again derailed this thread onto religion (no lie!), here's how agnosticism is defined:

Agnosticism is the view that humanity does not currently possess the requisite knowledge and/or reason to provide sufficient rational grounds to justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist.

Atheists need as much faith as theists.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200886 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that said I brought it up, dont lie and I wont call you on it
Always with the liar straw man. Who cares who brought it up?

Now you're going to try and spin it that you never bring religion up and/or go on and on about it when someone else does by calling me a liar. Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200887 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I donít think your fairy tale "God" specifically murdered them if that is what you are suggesting.
I am an agnostic. As such I believe in fairy tales less so than you do.

It takes as much faith to be sure you know that God does not exist as it does to be sure God exists. You are among the faithful. My intelligence prevents me from being as faithful as you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200888 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Since Big D has once again derailed this thread onto religion (no lie!), here's how agnosticism is defined:
Agnosticism is the view that humanity does not currently possess the requisite knowledge and/or reason to provide sufficient rational grounds to justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist.
again, I didnít bring it up liar, I just responded to it.

as Prop 8 is now overturned, the thread is now really moot anyway, and I donít give a crap what you say anyway.

You can believe in all the deities you want too, as long as you donít try and apply any of your private little belief rules to me or anyone else not of your belief, no problem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200889 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, I donít think I could call my parents atheists, but they were certainly opposed to fundamentalists ( nut jobs )
It is interesting that my brothers and sisters are the same as myself. We donít need an easy made up pat answer for everything, We donít need "God did it" as an excuse.
I am comfortable that there are things we may not know, may not ever know, I donít need to make up a fairy tale answer for those either.
For someone who calls me a liar for saying you post often about religion, you sure post often about religion!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200890 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It always makes me laugh when 3 people survive something like a tornado out of hundreds dead, and they thank some God, it is like they are saying this "God" murdered everyone else personally, but decided not to kill them.
Not a pretty picture
Or when a medical student goes into deep debt working his way through medical school, rises to the top of his profession and saves the life of someone through heroic efforts of medicine and the family thanks some "God"
It is like a way of avoiding reality, or responsibility, or any way of expressing gratitude to the efforts of actual people.
It is pathetic
Or when a president is inaugurated and he utters the words "...so help me God".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200891 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you blame some God for every death in a disaster, I disagree.
I donít, I think people are responsible for their actions. Both good and bad, I thank Dr's for the recovery of someone, I blame people for deaths in a non-natural disaster.
I donít wimp out on responsibility or gratitude and substitute space aliens or some God or other.
I was saved from a condition that kills just about everyone I have heard of with the same condition. But it wasnít space aliens that saved me, nor any of the billions of Gods and Goddesses that man has believed in over history.
It was a team of Dr's working on a new procedure for such conditions. They have my thanks, and my wife and childrenís as well, no imagined deities involved.
Radioactive spider bite?
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#200892 Jul 8, 2013
++++++++++

Bush sees positives for U.S. in Egypt, Arab Spring
Full story: CNN
When the dust settles from the protests in Egypt and other Arab nations, the resulting political balance will be favorable to the United States, former President George W. Bush predicts.

++++++++++
----------

The following refers to the above:
==========

However, other than Bush's saying on Arab springs and immigration that millions say the same, those items which stood out (as people of walks-of-all- life won't say), especially only according to Bush, were: WMD-Iraq war, Axis-of-evil, the Patriot Act.

Yet, the opposition of Iraq war was started by people everywhere (shown by demonstrations as well) before Obama did. Then, Obama is not the originator of anything, including the Iraq war opposition. That means he would do others' things in his policies, as he extended the Patriot Act and expanded the NSA programs.

But since when, as there was NOT one case of success from Bush, this is BASED ON viewing FROM the subjects on Iraq war, the label of Axis-of-evil, the patriot Act.

The Axis-of-evil is a man-made hysteria and that never shows any accomplishment but the symbolizing of the tedious drag for over 10 years by creation of dead-end views. The Patriot Act expanded by Obama using more snooping programs goes too extremely, that US becomes one belonging as the worst, by having not any liberty value and privacy rights on the planet. As US people are not better but worse-off in freedom privacy and liberty domain, people are entrapped with not knowing the clarity that they are indeed living as if in former USSR today, where there would be big brother secret police watching. What Obama is doing, is exactly like Soviets--any Russian defectors (especially going to US) would be hunted and brought back to Russia and be executed, by which the Russians had done that before. What Obama is doing is also like China--they Chinese would tell others not to meet Dalia Laima and corrupt agents for their purpose, and hack other Chinese escapees to other lands--just like that US says to others not to give asylum to Snowden, and has used Spain to detour airplane going to Bolivia.
Obama's way of doing is exactly like gangsters of the Chicago Al Capone Mafia--they would find whoever leak secrecy or betray as they want, by breaking rules, boundaries and laws.
Their examples of dirty tactics are so radical and extreme, instead of settling down on their rampant derangement, they would corrupt others to beat up some good swimmer because they feel they are no better to compete with such a good swimmer.

Then there is definite no LEADERSHIP of US to the free world by acting as a villain and bad evil by defying liberty value freedom and breaking International regulations, rules and laws.

But, Russia has changed to a new democracy while Putin has been there too long regarded by Russian people going not far enough in any stands. China was rising under Clinton and Bush especially, yet is modified to change somewhat lately but with the Chinese economy slowing down very much.

When the cold war is over, the world becomes ore equal. The label of Axis-of-evil is not fit by Bush saying the same-cold war is over, as that proves he has no innovation view.

THIS IS A NEW WORLD Y UPRISING WHEN THE COLD WAR HAS BEEN OVER. Virtually there is no much difference of views on anything as it is a migration world for the new-age planet.
The past views have been the same old things for the last 40 years of what are called as superpowers.

But the direction of this new world must have universal way of rules, for all countries of the globe. The any change will indicate that there might be some new phenomenon which are different from the past 40 years' labels.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200893 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Radioactive spider bite?
Good one!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200894 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that said I brought it up, dont lie and I wont call you on it
Pants on fire!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200895 Jul 8, 2013
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#200896 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>luckily the younger generation is seeing all the stupidness of their chriSTAIN parents and moving on
What a miserable beetch!
Score Board

Monrovia, CA

#200897 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie's first to get kicked off a falling plane anyway.

Canoga Park, CA

#200898 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I'll admit, I picked up on the fact that you did say you were an agnostic and Big D did not seem to acknowledge that. However, saying an atheist requires faith is incorrect. You just have to look at it from a logical stand point. You can't disprove a negative. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest the existence of gods or a god, and there is no reason to believe in one / any.

It would be like saying you need faith to believe Peter Pan won't fly through your window and take your children.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200899 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll admit, I picked up on the fact that you did say you were an agnostic and Big D did not seem to acknowledge that. However, saying an atheist requires faith is incorrect. You just have to look at it from a logical stand point. You can't disprove a negative. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest the existence of gods or a god, and there is no reason to believe in one / any.
It would be like saying you need faith to believe Peter Pan won't fly through your window and take your children.
Faith is belief not based on proof. You believe there is no God. Yet you have no proof. You have faith that there is no God.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#200900 Jul 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
It is interesting that both Islam and the homosexual agenda are on the rise at the same time...
If you find unrelated events interesting I guess.
KiMare wrote:
Most people looking at the direction of where we are heading are not encouraged...
No, only the fundies are not encouraged. They aren't "most people". And they are always the last to see the good in just about everything.
KiMare wrote:
The demise of Christianity has been predicted many times.
The only prediction thus far fulfilled is that 'the gates of hell will not prevail'.
How was this fulfilled exactly? Where are these gates? I'd like to see them.

Know what else hasn't been fulfilled? The second coming. Know why? Because a load of horse shyt.

Smile.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#200901 Jul 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The state has no vested interest in a young citizen? Do you read what you write while you ignore the reality I state???
Your comprehension skills suck. Where exactly did I say that the state has no vested interest in a young citizen? Which post?

What I said dingbat, is that the state has no vested interest as to whether a child within a family was created by the couple or adopted by the couple. Only bigots think the difference is important, the state doesn't.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact; A homosexual couple is not the same as a married heterosexual couple.
Your over generalization of all homosexual couples is tired. Married heterosexual couples and married homosexual couples are both equally married. Your dislike of that is completely irrelevant.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact; A gay couple needs protection to have sex.
FACT: No they don't.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A married heterosexual couple needs protection to not procreate.
OK. Great. So what?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact; The marriage of a heterosexual couple results in human fruit if they choose. A homosexual relationship will NEVER result in human fruit.
FACT: Human fruit is not a requirement of marriage.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact; Heterosexual sex is healthy. Gay sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
FACT: You can't present any peer reviewed research to support your statement. For one reason, there is no such thing as "gay sex". Just like "marriage", "sex" doesn't have different meanings based upon the gender of the participants.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact; The male and female bodies were designed to engage sexually together. A duplicate gendered couple is sexually redundant.
FACT: People who think about other people's sex and talk about other people's sex are creepy.

FACT: There is no such thing as sexual redundancy.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact; Opposite genders united in marriage results in a completely unique blend of masculinity and femininity. Homosexual couples are only ever a duplicate of one gender.
FACT: Masculinity and femininity aren't requirements of marriage, thus this achievement is irrelevant.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just a start of distinctive facts that prove you are not married.
FACT: You've proven nothing at all, other than that you are a c*nt.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200902 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, requires no "faith" at all

There are things we know, and things we think, and the word believe, at least to me is not nearly as strong as they use the word.

There are a lot of things I merely believe, but I would never ever put a puny belief of mine in front of actual facts.

I happen to ďbelieveĒ that mammals share common emotions, love, hate, disgust, pity etc. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence to back up my belief, but it is only thatÖ a mere belief of mine. Nothing major and I would never put that belief in front of actual evidence, in front of an actual fact.

But when they use the word belief, it means they will close their eyes to actual knowledge, that they will put a blind faith in that belief over actual evidence. That is just foolishness.
Dirt Sniffers

Monrovia, CA

#200903 Jul 8, 2013
Those dirt bags:

Jobs report looks good for Obama and his admin. but those dirt sniffing GOP pigs aren't giving up.

GOP, RNC, Republican and Tea party boozes ARE SINKING.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200904 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, requires no "faith" at all
There are things we know, and things we think, and the word believe, at least to me is not nearly as strong as they use the word.
There are a lot of things I merely believe, but I would never ever put a puny belief of mine in front of actual facts.
I happen to ďbelieveĒ that mammals share common emotions, love, hate, disgust, pity etc. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence to back up my belief, but it is only thatÖ a mere belief of mine. Nothing major and I would never put that belief in front of actual evidence, in front of an actual fact.
But when they use the word belief, it means they will close their eyes to actual knowledge, that they will put a blind faith in that belief over actual evidence. That is just foolishness.
Faith is belief without proof. You believe God does not exist. You have no proof God does not exist. You have faith that God does not exist. You have as much faith as the faithful that you ridicule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marinello Schools of Beauty in Hemet is a Rip... (Jan '11) 3 hr fairplay 6
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... 6 hr SJ THEBOy 9
corruption with Riverside county CPS 7 hr lupita garcia 5
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... 7 hr Chris 2
Hemet - The worst city to live in california Thu Really 12
bums on bikes Thu kmnine 5
Review: Hemet Family Dentist,Dr Vimal Patel,DDS Dec 15 Michael2327 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match