Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201864 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200904 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, requires no "faith" at all
There are things we know, and things we think, and the word believe, at least to me is not nearly as strong as they use the word.
There are a lot of things I merely believe, but I would never ever put a puny belief of mine in front of actual facts.
I happen to ďbelieveĒ that mammals share common emotions, love, hate, disgust, pity etc. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence to back up my belief, but it is only thatÖ a mere belief of mine. Nothing major and I would never put that belief in front of actual evidence, in front of an actual fact.
But when they use the word belief, it means they will close their eyes to actual knowledge, that they will put a blind faith in that belief over actual evidence. That is just foolishness.
.
Faith is belief without proof. You believe God does not exist. You have no proof God does not exist. You have faith that God does not exist. You have as much faith as the faithful that you ridicule.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200905 Jul 8, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: You've proven nothing at all, other than that you are a c*nt.
Likewise.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200906 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is belief not based on proof. You believe there is no God. Yet you have no proof. You have faith that there is no God.
No it is that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever for any of the Gods man has made up, hence it is simply a non-issue.

It isnít a matter of credibility, there isnít enough evidence to give it that much credit, it is a matter of no evidence whatsoever puts it in the realm of whimsy, of fantasy, of daydreaming and deciding ďhey, letís believe thisĒ

It is like someone sending me an e-mail claiming to be a member of the Nigerian royalty and if I give them my bank account information they will transfer tens of thousands of dollars into my account.

No thanks

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#200907 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
blah blah blah snipped
You are a typical pew warming lying apologist. The Bible is wrong! That is what is important not that it isn't a book of science. It is a collection of ancient Jewish Puppet Plays.

Keep seeing reality backwards and keep telling others it is so, you keep proving that what I claim happens to people when they warm pews does indeed happen, they become deceptive, dishonest and deceitful. You are a perfect example of all three.

You bring more people to Atheism than I ever could hope to. Thank you.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#200908 Jul 8, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is utterly irrelevant to a discussion of civil law. Read the first amendment.
When we fail to live up to this civic promise of legal equality, our Republic is injured.
Nicely said.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#200909 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, I donít think I could call my parents atheists, but they were certainly opposed to fundamentalists ( nut jobs )
It is interesting that my brothers and sisters are the same as myself. We donít need an easy made up pat answer for everything, We donít need "God did it" as an excuse.
I am comfortable that there are things we may not know, may not ever know, I donít need to make up a fairy tale answer for those either.
...LOL....there's a reason that the word "mental" is in "fundamentalist", isn't there?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200910 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was saved from a condition that kills just about everyone I have heard of with the same condition. But it wasnít space aliens that saved me, nor any of the billions of Gods and Goddesses that man has believed in over history.
What was this "condition"? Terminal hangnail? Hemorrhoid blowout?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200911 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said.
Thank you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200912 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>geeee looser... must just stick in your chriSTAIN crawl that the US Supreme court just didn't agree with you
Do you write this stuff yourself, or do u consult the winos in the alley next to the strip joint? If anything all the Courts did was muddy the waters even more.
sucks being on the losing side of history doesn't it
BIGOT... BIGOT.... LOOOOOSER BIGOT
If the "winning side" is the delegalization, denigration, and/or continued disrepect codified in law of conjugal monogamous marriage, then I have no desire to be on the "right" side. Actually it would be the left(ist) side of history.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#200913 Jul 8, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text> You, also, cannot blame a dislike for your kind on religion, this shunning transcends rligion, it is innate in people.
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

I sure can blame the Bible and you pew warmers for the homophobia in the world. There is no other source. No one is born hating homosexuals it is all learned behaviour and one gets it from being around pew warming Christians like yourself. There is no negative part of the emotional brain for it to exist. It exists in the negative parts of the intellectual brain. Someone told you faggot this and faggot that and you believed them just like someone told you Santa and the Tooth fairy or Jesus and God, and you believed it. You are such a low functioning human being that you believe everything you are told as long as the source is someone you have not learned to mistrust. You do not trust homosexuals so you will not believe anything a gay person says to you, but you continue to believe what that con-artist at the front of your church tells you. That is why St. Paul calls you his "simple minded."

Homosexuality is a perfectly normal recreational activity between peaceful consenting adults and the Bible is wrong, it is irrelevant. If you didn't carry around so much Christian baggage you would see this.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200914 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a typical pew warming lying apologist. The Bible is wrong! That is what is important not that it isn't a book of science. It is a collection of ancient Jewish Puppet Plays.
Keep seeing reality backwards and keep telling others it is so, you keep proving that what I claim happens to people when they warm pews does indeed happen, they become deceptive, dishonest and deceitful. You are a perfect example of all three.
You bring more people to Atheism than I ever could hope to. Thank you.
I believe that quote belongs to someone else. Please find the correct poster. Grazie.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#200915 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise.
Based on your most recent posts Frankie, I have to say that you are the most dishonest, deceptive and deceitful person I have ever read in here.

If there was any proof for the existence of your imaginary invisible friend you could not post it fast enough, instead you post insults. Insults are not proof of God, they are only proof that you are not a very nice person.

All you have is that someone told you, that is called hearsay. And any reasonable person can see why it is not allowed in a court of law. You really need to grasp this, come to terms with it, isn't the truth more important than your deeply held beliefs?

Honestly I am tired of your little dog and pony show.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200916 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said.
lides wrote:
When we fail to live up to this civic promise of legal equality, our Republic is injured.
When we fail to make logical, reasonable, and/or practical distinctions as it applies to the matter of legal equality, the Republic, is not only injured, but denigrated.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#200917 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
blah blah blah snipped
You write from ignorance not authority. You wish for people to believe lies because you believe there is strength in numbers.

GOD TELLS PEOPLE TO LIE:
"...and thou (Moses) shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and you shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God" (Ex. 3:18) and "afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness." God is telling Moses to lie because the real reason is to escape.

"Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take a heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord" (1 Sam. 16:2). The Lord told Samuel to lie also, since he is actually going out to meet a son of Jesse to anoint him king. Yet, we are told in Prov. 12:22 that, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#200918 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
When we fail to make logical, reasonable, and/or practical distinctions as it applies to the matter of legal equality, the Republic, is not only injured, but denigrated.
"logical, reasonable, and/or practical distinctions" is completely 100% subjective. Do you know what subjective means? That means that is your opinion and that is all it is. Based on your demonstration that you are in love with every word you type I have to tell you that you are illogical, and unreasonable and you haven't a clue what is practical.

Practical would be you minding your own business and not try to stop other people from exercising their rights, the rights that they were born with, rights the government is supposed to protect.

You are clearly one of the most illogical and unreasonable beings I have ever read in here. Your interference in other people's activities is pathetic bordering on criminal. Clearly you do not have a clue how a decent honest human being lives and how he treats his fellow man.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200919 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
I sure can blame the Bible and you pew warmers for the homophobia in the world. There is no other source. No one is born hating homosexuals it is all learned behaviour and one gets it from being around pew warming Christians like yourself. There is no negative part of the emotional brain for it to exist. It exists in the negative parts of the intellectual brain. Someone told you faggot this and faggot that and you believed them just like someone told you Santa and the Tooth fairy or Jesus and God, and you believed it. You are such a low functioning human being that you believe everything you are told as long as the source is someone you have not learned to mistrust. You do not trust homosexuals so you will not believe anything a gay person says to you, but you continue to believe what that con-artist at the front of your church tells you. That is why St. Paul calls you his "simple minded."
Homosexuality is a perfectly normal recreational activity between peaceful consenting adults and the Bible is wrong, it is irrelevant. If you didn't carry around so much Christian baggage you would see this.
No vitriol for the floor warming Islamic homophobes I notice, only Christians.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200920 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your most recent posts Frankie, I have to say that you are the most dishonest, deceptive and deceitful person I have ever read in here.
You have that exactly right
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200921 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You write from ignorance not authority. You wish for people to believe lies because you believe there is strength in numbers.
GOD TELLS PEOPLE TO LIE:
"...and thou (Moses) shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and you shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God" (Ex. 3:18) and "afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness." God is telling Moses to lie because the real reason is to escape.
"Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take a heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord" (1 Sam. 16:2). The Lord told Samuel to lie also, since he is actually going out to meet a son of Jesse to anoint him king. Yet, we are told in Prov. 12:22 that, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
Frankie said "Shuddup with the religious schtick. Your worse than Big D" And Saul said "yeah shuddup."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200922 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your most recent posts Frankie, I have to say that you are the most dishonest, deceptive and deceitful person I have ever read in here.
If there was any proof for the existence of your imaginary invisible friend you could not post it fast enough, instead you post insults. Insults are not proof of God, they are only proof that you are not a very nice person.
All you have is that someone told you, that is called hearsay. And any reasonable person can see why it is not allowed in a court of law. You really need to grasp this, come to terms with it, isn't the truth more important than your deeply held beliefs?
Honestly I am tired of your little dog and pony show.
Likewise.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#200923 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I have to ask why you would thank me for saying nicely said to a post from someone other than yourself and trying to make it appear I was saying it to you. We all already know you are a Christian, you do not have to prove it further with more dishonest, deceitful and deceptive Christian pranks.

I do not know how you pew warmers live with yourselves what from all this abominable behaviour you are all so fond of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) 2 hr Aaron 153
hookers in Hemet (Sep '11) Fri Johnniefive 115
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) Wed Kathwynn 241
News Hemet juvenile arrested for robbery Aug 31 Larry Miller 1
bum groups everywhere now! Aug 29 Tent city 3
U.S. Post Office SUCKS (Apr '11) Aug 27 Uk king 98
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) Aug 25 Unknown 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hemet Mortgages