Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
173,741 - 173,760 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that will make mutually sterile duplicate gendered halves the same as marriage?
I can't wait to see!
My guess is Jonah will turn into a pregnant wife, and VV will become the woman he's always wanted to be!
I know (not think) that it will allow 2 consenting adults to be married in the eyes of the law without regard to gender. If you want to continue discussing polygamy, feel free to do so.

that said, your statements are illogical Frankie. Out of one side of your mouth you indicate that the 2 parties to the marriage are the same gender. Out of the other side of your mouth, you call what you refer to as "one half" of the marriage female. Obviously that was just an attempt to pick a fight.

Carry on, Sybil.
Brucie the gay parrot

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have been over-ruled seem to be mad.
We knew it was coming, imbecile.

You hit like a girl.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Milking Milwaukee wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church in Milwaukee vigorously shielded pedophile priests and protected church funds from lawsuits during a decades long sex abuse scandal.
According to hundreds of pages in newly released documents.
And they should've been sent to the lime pit, so what's your point?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

The evolution continues:

The poll by Princeton Survey Research Associates questioned 1,003 adults from Thursday through Sunday. It has a margin of error of +/-3.6 percentage points.

Among the findings:

• By an unprecedented 55%-40%, Americans say marriages between same-sex couples should be recognized by law as valid, with the same rights of traditional marriage. That's the highest level of support since Gallup began asking the question in 1996. Then, fewer than half that number, 27%, backed the idea.

Last year was the first time a majority of Americans had backed gay marriage.

The only major demographic groups in which a majority oppose same-sex marriage are Republicans (68%) and seniors 65 and older (51%). Even in the South, which continues to be the only region that doesn't show majority support for gay marriage, opposition has slipped below 50%.
Rational Evolutionist

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!! Not one lawyer defending Prop 8 was able to state one negative affect on society that gays being married would result in. But old KiMare here is apparently aware of a whole "can of worms"!!!
Please KiMare, do detail for us all the specific bad things that are going to occur as a result of gays marrying!!!! Give us the top 10!!!!!
Stupid bitch!! Smile!!
In states where same-sex marriage is legal, public schools are required to teach impressionable children that homosexuality is a normal and an equally valid alternative to heterosexuality. This new and untested philosophy, which goes against humans’ procreative instincts and natural order, will have profound social, economic, health, and evolutionary consequences the like of which the world has never seen. Social scientists prognosticate the following implications and trends:

Homosexuality as the new norm: Through the process of socialization, and suppression of dissent, the next generation will come to believe that homosexuality is as an acceptable orientation and lifestyle. With the approval and encouragement of parents, teachers, social scientists, political leaders, and prominent cultural figures in the media, a growing proportion (10-50%) of the young population will adopt a homosexual lifestyle in pace with rising acceptance levels. This positive trend will result in an explosion of infertile couples in the United States.

Economic downturn: A substantial increase in infertile couples will cause the natural population growth in the United Stated states to collapse. That will adversely affect important factors that depend on steady population growth such as national consumption, GDP, Social Security and Medicare. With a diminished labor force (i.e. future population) to demand goods and services, aggregate supply will fall, gross domestic output will decline or grow very slowly, and the prolonged economic contraction will push the unemployment rate to stubbornly high recessionary levels until there is a counteracting economic force. A similar economic story has already unfolded in developed countries with declining populations such as Italy, Russia and Spain.

Public health: The greater preponderance of homosexual couples will lead to a rapid epidemic of HIV infection and AIDS, which is presently at higher prevalence among homosexual men. This nationwide health crisis (affecting 10-50% of the population) will place further strain on family and government budgets, crowd out funding for essential public services, and reduce future standard of living for millions of citizens.

Massive social disorientation: Demand for surrogate mothers and adoption services will skyrocket from a rising proportion of infertile couples. A massive number of people will grow up without any knowledge or emotional connection with their biological parents or ancestry, leading to intense feelings of estrangement, abandonment, rejection and lack of identity. Furthermore, the high demand for babies will create perverse incentives for criminals throughout the globe to illegally traffic, trade, and commoditize children for profit.

The LGBT movement would like you to believe that same-sex marriage is only an issue concerning two people who love each other, but that is far from the truth. Redefining and diminishing a centuries-old social structure, such as traditional marriage, is a grand social experiment that will likely have significant negative social, economic, and health outcomes.
pot kettle

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rational Evolutionist wrote:
<quoted text>
In states where same-sex marriage is legal, public schools are required to teach impressionable children that homosexuality is a normal and an equally valid alternative to heterosexuality. This new and untested philosophy, which goes against humans’ procreative instincts and natural order, will have profound social, economic, health, and evolutionary consequences the like of which the world has never seen. Social scientists prognosticate the following implications and trends:
Homosexuality as the new norm: Through the process of socialization, and suppression of dissent, the next generation will come to believe that homosexuality is as an acceptable orientation and lifestyle. With the approval and encouragement of parents, teachers, social scientists, political leaders, and prominent cultural figures in the media, a growing proportion (10-50%) of the young population will adopt a homosexual lifestyle in pace with rising acceptance levels. This positive trend will result in an explosion of infertile couples in the United States.
Economic downturn: A substantial increase in infertile couples will cause the natural population growth in the United Stated states to collapse. That will adversely affect important factors that depend on steady population growth such as national consumption, GDP, Social Security and Medicare. With a diminished labor force (i.e. future population) to demand goods and services, aggregate supply will fall, gross domestic output will decline or grow very slowly, and the prolonged economic contraction will push the unemployment rate to stubbornly high recessionary levels until there is a counteracting economic force. A similar economic story has already unfolded in developed countries with declining populations such as Italy, Russia and Spain.
Public health: The greater preponderance of homosexual couples will lead to a rapid epidemic of HIV infection and AIDS, which is presently at higher prevalence among homosexual men. This nationwide health crisis (affecting 10-50% of the population) will place further strain on family and government budgets, crowd out funding for essential public services, and reduce future standard of living for millions of citizens.
Massive social disorientation: Demand for surrogate mothers and adoption services will skyrocket from a rising proportion of infertile couples. A massive number of people will grow up without any knowledge or emotional connection with their biological parents or ancestry, leading to intense feelings of estrangement, abandonment, rejection and lack of identity. Furthermore, the high demand for babies will create perverse incentives for criminals throughout the globe to illegally traffic, trade, and commoditize children for profit.
The LGBT movement would like you to believe that same-sex marriage is only an issue concerning two people who love each other, but that is far from the truth. Redefining and diminishing a centuries-old social structure, such as traditional marriage, is a grand social experiment that will likely have significant negative social, economic, and health outcomes.
Most of that was either just plain ignorance or theoretical hyperbole that does not translate into reality.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
The evolution continues:
Tell us something, brucie.

How many of those "unprecedented" imbeciles suckle on television night and day?

I want you to slowly, VERY slowly, think of things like "pet rocks" and "My Mother the Car" and Justin Bieber and "racist" and "sexist" and "bigot" and "homophobe" and "celebrate Diversity" and those holes in truckstop bathroom stalls,(that Topix has robo-modded for your protection), the Republican Party, Democraps, "global warming", Greenfece, and last but not least, Occutardation, and get back to us.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that will make mutually sterile duplicate gendered halves the same as marriage?
I can't wait to see!
My guess is Jonah will turn into a pregnant wife, and VV will become the woman he's always wanted to be!
Sowing discord again. Actions detested by your god.

Enjoy hell bitch!
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us something, brucie.
How many of those "unprecedented" imbeciles suckle on television night and day?
I want you to slowly, VERY slowly, think of things like "pet rocks" and "My Mother the Car" and Justin Bieber and "racist" and "sexist" and "bigot" and "homophobe" and "celebrate Diversity" and those holes in truckstop bathroom stalls,(that Topix has robo-modded for your protection), the Republican Party, Democraps, "global warming", Greenfece, and last but not least, Occutardation, and get back to us.
Thank you for your attempted post. However, it made no sense. Please re-phrase your post and try again. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope you are enjoying your Topix experience.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sowing discord again. Actions detested by your god.
Enjoy hell bitch!
Amen! This KiMare / Frankie person is really a wack job.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>ummmmm it doesn't.. your just a typical biatch biatch but no action loser
You call someone you are not angry with a "typical biatch biatch no action loser"? Why?

Because you lied. You are angry.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your attempted post. However, it made no sense. Please re-phrase your post and try again. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope you are enjoying your Topix experience.
Are you punch drunk, imbecile? Am I slapping you around a little too hard?

Hey, by the way, look up "acne heroes". I'm deadly serious. This world is so stupid, and you junior high drones are such imbeciles, that somebody would appeal to your idiocy by attaching the word "hero" to zit medicine.

Think about that as you continue to brag about Regression Marches On®!

Imbecile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to respond to my simple argument in favor of marriage equality speaks loudest.
I have addressed the issue. You asked which post demonstrates your anger, I answered EVERY post of yours demonstrates your anger. What didn't you understand about that?
I have no argument with same sex marriage dummy. I fully support marriage equality. Perhaps that is why I don't argue with your argument supporting it? Duh.

Bottom line. I support marriage equality and you do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Crankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?!
Yes seriously Jonah1. Why are you a hypocrite with no argument?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know stupid was illegal. That could cause problems for me. I really don't know much about anything. I'm actually quite a birdbrain really.
Have I shared the good news of polygamy with you? Here, let me give you one of my polygamy tracts. The pictures really turn me on.
Great argument you got there troll. Tell it to the judge before he throws you out of the court or slaps a contempt of court charge on your dopey ass.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you punch drunk, imbecile? Am I slapping you around a little too hard?
Hey, by the way, look up "acne heroes". I'm deadly serious. This world is so stupid, and you junior high drones are such imbeciles, that somebody would appeal to your idiocy by attaching the word "hero" to zit medicine.
Think about that as you continue to brag about Regression Marches On®!
Imbecile.
Thank you for your failed troll-post. However, it made no sense. Please re-phrase your post and try again. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope you are enjoying your Topix experience.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sparkle. Pay that fool no mind...he's just a failing troll.
Says the troll who impersonates other posters and has no argument at all. Just anger.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>I know the man blabbers on endlessly about polygamy as if anyone on here cares if it were legalized... flucking go for it as far as I care ... if some dude wants to put up with 20 of us hormonal biatches at once I say more power to you crazy... I know i'm a handful for any guy
If no one cared no one would respond. Duh.

I don't want to enter a poly relationship, I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if, polygamists, the red headed step children of the SSM movement, ultimately have marriage delegalized? Who knows they may come a time, when a state, after so many law suits by SSMers, and polygamists, decide to stop issuing marriage licenses all together. Soon, other states could follow suit. Would the right still exist if the state didn't recognize it?
Take away the government bennies, and no one will be here arguing. As in most other human endeavors, follow the money to get to the truth about what's really going on.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
I know (not think) that it will allow 2 consenting adults to be married in the eyes of the law without regard to gender. If you want to continue discussing polygamy, feel free to do so.
that said, your statements are illogical Frankie. Out of one side of your mouth you indicate that the 2 parties to the marriage are the same gender. Out of the other side of your mouth, you call what you refer to as "one half" of the marriage female. Obviously that was just an attempt to pick a fight.
Carry on, Sybil.
Your confusion results from your stupidity in thinking Kimare and I are the same person. Sorry, I can't fix stupid for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Now what? 2 hr apt crime 8
hemet police not doing their job 2 hr hpd great 25
is there a hobby shop in town? (Aug '11) 6 hr comic store somewhere 6
Front Yard Junk 6 hr cactus 19
western dental hiring 6 hr teeth cleaning 3
crime here out of control (Aug '09) 6 hr need more police 57
Devin F you're my secret crush! 6 hr d who 6
•••
•••