Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,186

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
laughing man

UK

#199773 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
People voted on a ballot initiative that was unconstitutional, as it infringed on the rights of others. In the US, we have a system of checks and balances to correct these situations. Sometimes it just takes a while.
Well, golly gee, shitferbrains, one minute you're for mob rule and then you're against it.

Schizophrenic imbecile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199774 Jul 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
It's so funny...
Prior to the Supreme Court's decision, I felt the need to come here frequently to defend the right of same-gender couples to marry.
But now that the decision has been made, I'm losing interest.
What's the point in arguing with these poor, ignorant souls? They lost. They lost big.
It makes me feel like I can just sit back and watch the other states DOMA statutes fall apart--one by one.
Seriously... Who gives a damn about what these people think anymore?
The LGBT community broke a serious barrier last week. It's been happening all around the world and with greater regularity in this country.
A few lawmakers are going to push for a Constitutional amendment. But it's too late. It's not going to happen.
One of the few things that George W. Bush did for the LGBT community was to make people hate conservatism so much that citizens have been opening their minds to becoming more socially moderate.
The result has been a minor but vocal backlash from old school Republicans. They're chasing women's issues. They're chasing Obamacare. They're chasing LGBT issues. They're chasing immigration issues.
And they're still losing.
I'm a little impatient. I wish we could speed things up a bit so that we can go ahead and get the old guard out--get on with life...
But I'll wait.
Oh, I thought you were on here for the boys.

Bye.

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#199775 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe a "male lesbian"! Lesbians can be male or female. Another progressive move, and no need to add another letter in the marquee.
Yes, that's the men from the Greek island of Lesbos.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199776 Jul 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I thought you were on here for the boys.
Bye.
Bye Frankie.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199777 Jul 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, golly gee, shitferbrains, one minute you're for mob rule and then you're against it.
Schizophrenic imbecile.
Fail. Please try again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199778 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
One one hand you say that because of religious principles we should allow polygamy.
When I post that Islam allows children to be married as young as 1 year old, you say that there are laws that prevent that.
How does that work sport? If you pass laws that allow polygamy based on religion, how can you then stop adults from marring children based on the same religious principles????
The same holds true for the FLDS,Warren Jeffs allowed girls 12, and 15 to be married.
He was extradited to Texas, where he was found guilty of sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault of children in connection with a raid of an FLDS owned and occupied West Texas ranch in 2008.[9] After the jury had deliberated for less than 30 minutes, 55-year-old Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison plus 20 years and a $10,000 fine, to be served consecutively, for sexual assault of both 12 and 15-year-old girls.[10]
All your ignorant bigotry about religion and child abuse aside, if the parties involved sign an affidavit swearing they don't believe in God, would you then support polygamy?
laughing man

UK

#199779 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail. Please try again.
First you propagandize that the colonic cultists are "loved by ALL, so get over it already!!" and later you talk about the Constitution protecting us from ALL.

Imbecile. You're better off with that broken record shtick.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199780 Jul 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
First you propagandize that the colonic cultists are "loved by ALL, so get over it already!!" and later you talk about the Constitution protecting us from ALL.
Imbecile. You're better off with that broken record shtick.
Fail again. Please try again.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199781 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
People voted on a ballot initiative that was unconstitutional, as it infringed on the rights of others. In the US, we have a system of checks and balances to correct these situations. Sometimes it just takes a while.
The people , twice voted, to clearly codify in law, a definition of marriage that existed since the birth of the republic, throughout virtually all of Western Civilization. No one's "rights" were infringed.

Aptos, CA

#199783 Jul 2, 2013
I really love my dog, can I marry him? I also think that I was born alcoholic, can we have an alcoholic parade?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199784 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
All your ignorant bigotry about religion and child abuse aside, if the parties involved sign an affidavit swearing they don't believe in God, would you then support polygamy?
Yes I would, as long as religion has no bearing on the law. But we know, thats a lie. The only people who wish Polygamy are doing so based on religion. Then what, child brides???? Frankie you are dead wrong and you know it.
American

Irvine, CA

#199788 Jul 2, 2013
Interestingly, Russia just passed legislation making it a crime for adults to indoctrinate children with homosexuality as part of their national plan to build up nuclear families, create national homogeneity, and sobriety. Children will be encouraged to focus their energies on high level math, reading, science, technology etc.. without their curriculum being diluted by divisive sexual deviation content and ethnic studies. They understand you just can't build a good economy and national identity on sexual deviation, addiction, divisiveness, and race symbolism.

That's all self-defeating nonsense. The next generation of Russian children will be moral, well educated, sober achievers while U.S. children are immoral, addicted, and graduating with student loans in a bad economy with degrees filled with divisive nonsense that makes them non competitive in the workforce.

They are on their way up and we are on our way down. Thanks homosexuals for nothing.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199791 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The people , twice voted, to clearly codify in law, a definition of marriage that existed since the birth of the republic, throughout virtually all of Western Civilization. No one's "rights" were infringed.
Yes, they were. Their right to marry an adult human being of their choosing was denied. And this was over-ruled.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199792 Jul 2, 2013
I think Ronald should sue this clown impersonating his honey. I will be a witness that indeed he has slandered, trampled on and sullied the poor canine's splendid reputation. Typical oaf. Buffoon. Lout. Galoot.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199793 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sup Paco? Twice the people voted for a unconstitutional law. Dang you people are S-L-O-W

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199794 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the 8-16 year old children. Polygamy won't harm them.
You are advocating that the religious freedom given in the 1st admen. Grants religious freedom. YOU have posted it. Now if we allow Poly based on religious freedom, HOW can we deny them the very right to marry a 9 year old girl???
YOU cant have it both ways. If you support the religious rights as you have said then you support child abuse, rape, you pervert
Any abuse within any relationship, monogamous or polygamous, should be dealt with by any applicable laws. If all the adults involved are consenting, there is no issue. Perhaps you could explain this apparent contradiction in societal attitudes. A man can father several children with several different women, and it has become perfectly acceptable. However, if a man does that, regards the women as his wives, and they, as consenting adults, view him as their husband, society, and the state, views that as unacceptable. Why?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199795 Jul 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
I really love my dog, can I marry him? I also think that I was born alcoholic, can we have an alcoholic parade?
In the eyes of the law, marriage is a contract between 2 adult human beings. So no, you cannot. You may have an alcoholic parade if you obtain the financing and necessary permits.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199797 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Frankie.
Bye. Glad you're leaving. You're boring and stupid.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199798 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's the men from the Greek island of Lesbos.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#199800 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that the fault of the people that voted? You do understand the outcome of that vote says a lot about how people really feel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... 12 hr lupita garcia 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS 13 hr Chris 10
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Tue Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Mon SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2
any Gay guys In San Jacinto Dec 22 Wyd700 4
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... Dec 20 mary 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match