Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,668)

Showing posts 173,341 - 173,360 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the only registered Topix name you have left Frankie?
So you're an Italia phobe too....is there no end to your bigoted stereotyping?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly thing.
Are all couples who cannot have, or choose not to have children "failures of mating behavior"?
No because it doesn't invalidate the concept as a whole. Human reproduction is sexual. "Marriage" developed as a means of regulating that.
How about trying to some up with something logical for a change?
For instance, can you prove that the tens of thousands of great children being raised by gay parents are better off if their parents can't legally marry?
Why can't their biological mother and father marry?

Are you prove the tens of thousands of great children being raised in polygamous families are better off if their mother and father can't legally marry?

Prove that one and you would have a good argument, instead of this silly stuff.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It is about love, commitment, and yes, among some polygamists, religious faith. Sounds like you're a poly-a-phobe.
Yes sir. Mikey is a genuine polyphobe. Which makes him a genuine hypocrite too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're an Italia phobe too....is there no end to your bigoted stereotyping?
Hey, I was flattered the moron thought you were me. Don't ruin it for him (and me) so soon.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Word on the street is that it's one of the DoodleBops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Bowser? From Sha Na Na? Sing us a song.
Unfortunately, the low down, dirty dishonest troll is actually impersonating Ronald's honey, Bowser.

He started by impersonating Ronald but of course couldn't pull it off convincingly being that he is a moron. So now he's trashing poor innocent Bowser, Ronald's beloved honey.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which brings us back to the fact that 'ss marriage' is an oxymoron.
A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
And you are full of sh/t and make ignorant, deceitful, idiotic statements and then lie about what you said.
And don't forget that the SCOTUS ruling has had not one single iota of effect on those facts.
Who gives a damn what you think? The law is what counts. Gays and lesbians are getting what they want. Federally recognized marriage is available in 13 states and the District of Columbia. 12 of those states passed laws within the past 5 years--6 in the past year alone.

30% of the U.S. population live in a state where same-sex marriage is legal and recognized by the Federal Government.

It's coming to a neighborhood near you... Get used to it.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Nah, it's the blue one. Three dollars worth of blue.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a damn what you think? The law is what counts. Gays and lesbians are getting what they want. Federally recognized marriage is available in 13 states and the District of Columbia. 12 of those states passed laws within the past 5 years--6 in the past year alone.
30% of the U.S. population live in a state where same-sex marriage is legal and recognized by the Federal Government.
It's coming to a neighborhood near you... Get used to it.
It's not what I 'think', it is simply facts that no ruling can change.

Legal or not, ss couples are still clearly not the same.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have posted anything not factual, prove it.
Otherwise face the facts and man up Browser!
1.) Marriage is not a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. You made that up.

2.) Homosexuality is not a sexual defect. It has been observed in mankind for as far back as recorded history. It is observed throughout the animal kingdom. It obviously has a purpose on the planet.

3.) Anal sex is not unhealthy or abnormal. Millions of people--straight and gay--engage in anal sex on a daily basis. Even animals engage in anal sex. Many male giraffes engage in anal sex with other male giraffes to the point of orgasm.

4.) There is not such term as "epi-genetic mistake"; a term you throw around regularly.

5.) You claim that once the origin of homosexuality is found, scientists will develop a cure, even though there are no studies by reputable scientists to cure homosexuality.

----------

You lie regularly. You twist the truth regularly. You make up definitions and terms regularly. You, through your ignorance about basic science, distort scientific findings.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met ANY couple that is the same as any other couple. Every human and every pair of humans is unique.

Equal under the law is just fine, though.

Just learn to deal with it. You will be happier and healthier.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No because it doesn't invalidate the concept as a whole. Human reproduction is sexual. "Marriage" developed as a means of regulating that.
Marriage serves no other purpose in society today than to "regulate sex"?

Can you prove that?
Elk Grove Wedding Channel

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mr. Riccardo Fire would like to announce his upcoming marriage to Mr. Bob Finch on Saturday July 13 at the Paradise Wedding Chapel in Elk Grove.. A reception will be held following the wedding at the Stud Leather Bar in mid-town Sacramento. Music will be provided by Cowboy Dan & His Hung Wranglers. All Mr. Fire's friends are invited to attend. A wedding gift registry is now available at K Mart. Congratulations to the happy couple.

The Rev

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't their biological mother and father marry?
Are you prove the tens of thousands of great children being raised in polygamous families are better off if their mother and father can't legally marry?
Prove that one and you would have a good argument, instead of this silly stuff.
Polygamy is the straw man the anti-gay folks pretend to argue for, when they can't think of a logical argument against gay COUPLES marrying, in the same way that straight COUPLES already marry.

They pretend that two, and three for and five, are the same, but, illogically, only in a same sex marriage context.

I have never heard you demand that straight couples argue for or against polygamy as a litmus test for their marriage rights.

Why is that? Or do you do that on other threads?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Marriage is not a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. You made that up.
2.) Homosexuality is not a sexual defect. It has been observed in mankind for as far back as recorded history. It is observed throughout the animal kingdom. It obviously has a purpose on the planet.
3.) Anal sex is not unhealthy or abnormal. Millions of people--straight and gay--engage in anal sex on a daily basis. Even animals engage in anal sex. Many male giraffes engage in anal sex with other male giraffes to the point of orgasm.
4.) There is not such term as "epi-genetic mistake"; a term you throw around regularly.
5.) You claim that once the origin of homosexuality is found, scientists will develop a cure, even though there are no studies by reputable scientists to cure homosexuality.
----------
You lie regularly. You twist the truth regularly. You make up definitions and terms regularly. You, through your ignorance about basic science, distort scientific findings.
1.) Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. I posted verification of it for idiots in denial.

2.) Homosexuality is a sexual defect. It has been present in mankind for as far back as recorded history. It is observed throughout the animal kingdom. It obviously has no purpose on the planet that scientists have been able to determine. I posted verification of that many times.

3.) Anal sex is harmful, unhealthy, demeaning and abnormal. Billions of people--straight and gay--avoide anal sex because they know it is harmful. I've posted verification of this many time for idiots who ignore the screams.

4.) There is the term "epi-genetic mistake"; I have posted verification of it numerous times.

5.) Once the origin of homosexuality is found, scientists will seek to develop a cure, because many gays would never choose to retain a sexual defect.

6.) I have exposed your lies repeatedly just like this time.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met ANY couple that is the same as any other couple. Every human and every pair of humans is unique.
Equal under the law is just fine, though.
Just learn to deal with it. You will be happier and healthier.
Sure you have.

ss couples are duplicate gendered. You've seen that many times.

Married couples are diverse gendered. You seen that millions of times.

I could go on, but that would expose how embarrassingly stupid your comment was, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage serves no other purpose in society today than to "regulate sex"?
Can you prove that?
That's not what he said, is it?

Why do you need to distort what someone says?

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is the straw man the anti-gay folks pretend to argue for, when they can't think of a logical argument against gay COUPLES marrying, in the same way that straight COUPLES already marry.
They pretend that two, and three for and five, are the same, but, illogically, only in a same sex marriage context.
I have never heard you demand that straight couples argue for or against polygamy as a litmus test for their marriage rights.
Why is that? Or do you do that on other threads?
You may think polygamy is just a straw man because you are a narrow minded bigot.

But to polyamorists it is a very serious matter. They are being denied the same rights you are now rightfully gaining.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he said, is it?
Why do you need to distort what someone says?
Smile.
Because he has an agenda. The same agenda that tells him others don't deserve the same rights he demands for himself. Those poly people are just a straw man to detract from his agenda you see.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 173,341 - 173,360 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) 3 min Hemet is great 31
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Activity 15,657
Why is hemet racist ?!? 4 hr Farout 7
sad sad sad:/ 4 hr Sofia 9
Front Yard Junk 8 hr Peevin 7
LA FITNESS Membership Sales People (Feb '12) 15 hr MuffenTop 38
Edy's Placed Closed by Health Department 15 hr Hugo 2
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••