Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#198773 Jun 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why aren't you focusing on marrying your boyfriend?
Because I currently don't have one. And if I did, it would need to be a meaningful relationship that we both wanted to become a life long commitment. I hope that answers your question, Rickie.
laughing man

UK

#198774 Jun 28, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
** TROLL ALERT **
I'm so solly, but the biggest imbecile of Topix is the dog faced Rage Boi. Come back next year.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198775 Jun 28, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I currently don't have one. And if I did, it would need to be a meaningful relationship that we both wanted to become a life long commitment. I hope that answers your question, Rickie.
Too funny!
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#198776 Jun 28, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so solly, but the biggest imbecile of Topix is the dog faced Rage Boi. Come back next year.
The biggest imbecile of Topix is gigglyboy. Please go away and don't come back, Giggles. Thanks.
laughing man

UK

#198777 Jun 28, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest imbecile of Topix is gigglyboy. Please go away and don't come back, Giggles. Thanks.
Look, I concede that you're also pretty lame, with grade school comebacks some kindergartners would roll their eyes at. Still, despite your Herculean efforts, you're just not able to joust with the big boys, and Rage Boi is current Queen.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#198778 Jun 28, 2013
Hey Kimare, still legally married here! Yes, we have duplicate genders, that's the way a SSM works.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#198779 Jun 28, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I concede that you're also pretty lame, with grade school comebacks some kindergartners would roll their eyes at. Still, despite your Herculean efforts, you're just not able to joust with the big boys, and Rage Boi is current Queen.
You have just embare*ASS*ed yourself once again. Giggle on, trollina.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198780 Jun 28, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just embare*ASS*ed yourself once again. Giggle on, trollina.
He said, using a grade school comeback some kindergartners would roll their eyes at.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#198781 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He said, using a grade school comeback some kindergartners would roll their eyes at.
...he said, squawking like a parrot just repeating something someone else already said. Go to bed Frankie.
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

#198782 Jun 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Hey Kimare, still legally married here! Yes, we have duplicate genders, that's the way a SSM works.
Yes..reguardless of anyones "acceptance"

One wouldd think he would notice that

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198783 Jun 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What, I distinguished them through specificity?
The term "interracial marriage" is specific too, but that doesn't mean they're not the same as everyone else's marriage.
Besides, even you just admitted to saying that "they are called the same".
You noted, as I do, that ss couples are a duplicated gendered half of marriage.

Interracial marriage has been prevalent across human history with brief points of conflict. Ss couples being called married has never been accepted across the history of a single culture. Moreover, race differences don't affect the essence of mating behavior. SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

I admitted no such thing. I simply quoted the SCOTUS assertion, and mocked it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#198784 Jun 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What, I distinguished them through specificity?
The term "interracial marriage" is specific too, but that doesn't mean they're not the same as everyone else's marriage.
Besides, even you just admitted to saying that "they are called the same".
As long as the interracial marriage is the same form, one man and one woman, it is the same, form and function, as everybody else's.

Location hidden

#198785 Jun 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
What works???

Mating behavior sure doesn't.

Anal sex is still inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

You still have only the duplicate HALF of marriage.

The kids STILL will choose mom and dad.

Stamp your feet and repeat all you want, your relationship isn't marriage.

Location hidden

#198786 Jun 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes..reguardless of anyones "acceptance"
One wouldd think he would notice that
I'm not talking about 'acceptance', I'm pointing out basic, fundamental, obvious differences.

One would think YOU would notice that!!!
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

#198787 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about 'acceptance', I'm pointing out basic, fundamental, obvious differences.
One would think YOU would notice that!!!
Oh you are the one that brought up acceptance, I am just letting you know that despite my opinion of your marriage, regardless of my acceptance of it, you are still married.

Same with them

And yes I see the difference between people whose lives are built on love and acceptance, and yours built upon hate.

Location hidden

#198788 Jun 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you are the one that brought up acceptance, I am just letting you know that despite my opinion of your marriage, regardless of my acceptance of it, you are still married.
Same with them
And yes I see the difference between people whose lives are built on love and acceptance, and yours built upon hate.
I didn't bring up 'acceptance' or 'opinion'.

I simply point out obvious fundamental differences between ss couples and marriage.

There is nothing hateful about stating facts. If they were not the facts, you would point that out instead of making the 'hate' charge.

So obvious.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#198789 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You noted, as I do, that ss couples are a duplicated gendered half of marriage.
Interracial marriage has been prevalent across human history with brief points of conflict. Ss couples being called married has never been accepted across the history of a single culture. Moreover, race differences don't affect the essence of mating behavior. SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
I admitted no such thing. I simply quoted the SCOTUS assertion, and mocked it.
Yes, many things have been prevalent throughout history. Take slavery... Take war... Take gender inequality... Take racial and ethnic discrimination... Take genocide...

Do you also embrace these "timeless", social institutions and activities?

As I've often said, rather than simply doing the same thing over and over, we learn from the mistakes in the past to make our current society a better place.

Get on board or get out of the way.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#198790 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't bring up 'acceptance' or 'opinion'.
I simply point out obvious fundamental differences between ss couples and marriage.
There is nothing hateful about stating facts. If they were not the facts, you would point that out instead of making the 'hate' charge.
So obvious.
More than anything I've seen over the past week, I would have LOVED to have seen your face with the Supreme Court decisions were handed down.

I'll bet it was priceless!

All of your personal attempts to sway folks. Your ridiculous and contrived definitions; your pitiful understanding of scientific processes; your absolute refusal to agree with facts... In one fell swoop, the justices handed you (and people like you) your ass on a platter.

To quote Glinda the Good Witch of the North, "You have no power here! Be gone! Before somebody drops a house on you!"

Location hidden

#198791 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote: You noted, as I do, that ss couples are a duplicated gendered half of marriage. Interracial marriage has been prevalent across human history with brief points of conflict. Ss couples being called married has never been accepted across the history of a single culture. Moreover, race differences don't affect the essence of mating behavior. SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. I admitted no such thing. I simply quoted the SCOTUS assertion, and mocked it.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, many things have been prevalent throughout history. Take slavery... Take war... Take gender inequality... Take racial and ethnic discrimination... Take genocide...
Do you also embrace these "timeless", social institutions and activities?
As I've often said, rather than simply doing the same thing over and over, we learn from the mistakes in the past to make our current society a better place.
Get on board or get out of the way.
An idiotic, obvious and poor attempt to distort what I said, while ignoring all the points.

Clearly no rational response to the argument.

Get real.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#198792 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote: You noted, as I do, that ss couples are a duplicated gendered half of marriage. Interracial marriage has been prevalent across human history with brief points of conflict. Ss couples being called married has never been accepted across the history of a single culture.
How long have you been an imbecile?

http://www.randomhistory.com/history-of-gay-m...
www.gaychristian101.com/Gay-Marriage.html
http://www.geni.com/projects/History-of-Same-...

Dullard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... Sat mary 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Sat gmaliscious 6
Hemet - The worst city to live in california Sat Joe Hemet 13
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Sat Joe Hemet 1
Marinello Schools of Beauty in Hemet is a Rip... (Jan '11) Dec 19 fairplay 6
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 19 SJ THEBOy 9
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... Dec 19 Chris 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match