Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,150

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198644 Jun 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/b logspolygblog/56516708-191/pol ygamy-marriage-com-scotus.html .csp
Internet brims with polygamy comments after DOMA ruling
BY JIM DALRYMPLE II
THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
PUBLISHED: JUNE 27, 2013 10:11AM
UPDATED: JUNE 27, 2013 10:01AM
Yesterday I spoke with polygamists and lawyers about their responses to end of the Defense of Marriage Act and California’s Prop 8.
But lawyers and polygamists weren’t the only ones making the connection between the supreme court rulings and plural marriage. Among the more popular responses bubbling up from the dark corners of the internet was a series of comments from conservative... person Glenn Beck, who seemed to express fear that the rulings would lead to polygamy in the United States. Naturally, Beck’s response also includes references to Muslims.
Writing for BuzzFeed, my fellow BYU alumnus McKay Coppins took an approach similar to ours at The Tribune. Coppins talked to Joe Darger and Anne Wilde for a story about how polygamists were celebrating the rulings.
But Coppins piece was the rare bright spot in an internet cesspool brimming with inanity. A search on Twitter for the words “scotus” and “polygamy” turned up an array of responses, many of them about as intelligent as you might expect:
From @WashDCE:“Well at least the #Mormons will be happy now that marriage is, anything goes, Polygamy should become rampant any day now #SCOTUS #DOMA”
From @SurvivingBabel:“I would support a piggyback off of today’s SCOTUS decisions to push for legalized polygamy, just to accelerate our collapse.”
From @OldKid56:“Sweet! The SCOTUS ruling on DOMA opens the door for polygamy! Time to establish my harem!”
From @cheeky_geeky:“Rand Paul thinks #SCOTUS #DOMA ruling will aid human-animal matings; Michael Crichton resurrected to write the novel.”
Okay so that last one doesn’t mention polygamy, but it is funny.
Other websites that picked up on the polygamy angle include Breitbart, Advocate and ClashDaily.
— Jim Dalrymple II
@Tribunepolygamy
Many same sex marriage supporters are the worst offenders when it comes to bashing poly marriage. And they fail to see the irony.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198645 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198646 Jun 28, 2013
dccisk

Monrovia, CA

#198647 Jun 28, 2013
"We were told to lie to customers," said Simone Gordon, who worked in the bank's loss mitigation department until February 2012.

"Site leaders (BofA upper LEVEL mangers) regularly told us that the more we delayed the HAMP [loan] modification process, the more fees Bank of America would collect."
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198648 Jun 28, 2013
I see Frank is still beating the polygamy drum
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

#198649 Jun 28, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP's social focus is on more illegal aliens, to ensure that the aliens already here have to compete for lower and lower wages.
For being just another dime store imbecile who thought that the mention of the spineless GOP would somehow cause pain to somebody, would you like a gold star?
*snicker*
Yep. That is what lost them the last election
Chained

Monrovia, CA

#198650 Jun 28, 2013
The GOP are good at shifting the numbers and negative impact on local economies, smoke and mirrors.

Wal-Mart steals from local governments, with the help of there city council members and dumb city managers.

Wal-Mart has dumped the health and other support needs on to the state and county governments.

A good union will solve this mess,

Christy Walton -$25.3 Billion..

Alice Walton -$23.3 Billion.

These are the owner's of Wal-Mart run a slave company and are drag on the local medical and food stamp programs..
laughing man

UK

#198651 Jun 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask me if I care. They smell of Crisco too, perhaps more, since they're always bending over.

Between them and the Wan Paw (Troofer) movement, there's no place to go, and I'm actually better off for it. I'll never stand in line for an hour and forty-five minutes to vote ever again.

SOME of the tea party types are right on target, very smart, but they waited decades too late.
Slacker

Monrovia, CA

#198652 Jun 28, 2013
B.K. Holthaus June 28, 2013 is well know creeper from Glendora, California - a mouth piece for the weak political energies of the Tea Party and RNC, GOP and Republican party.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198653 Jun 28, 2013
Zoro wrote:
I see Frank is still beating the polygamy drum
Very good Jizzy! Any more brilliant observations?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198654 Jun 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not why they lost the last election.

Anyway, the last election is over, Obama won, but we've yet to see any positive hope or change. When will it be coming?
CryBaby

Monrovia, CA

#198655 Jun 28, 2013
Cray-Baby = B.K. Holthaus..

""This is disappointing, but then, the San Gabriel Valley has always been the neglected step child in Southern California.

As long as the San Fernando Valley and West L.A. get services, everyone else can just tread water.

We are not, nor have never been, a priority.""

This little troll calling himself b.k. holthaus is just a lousy mouth origin for city hall and city council "flappy-jacks" who claim to run the city of Glendora, California.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198656 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good Jizzy! Any more brilliant observations?
A few
DOMA got axed
Gays will soon be able to get married in Cali.
That will make 13 states that allow same sex marriage
G Bush is still a dumbazz
Polygamy is still illegal
And you are still clueless.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198657 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not why they lost the last election.
Anyway, the last election is over, Obama won, but we've yet to see any positive hope or change. When will it be coming?
Do you think that Oven Mitt would have been a better choice????
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198658 Jun 28, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>A few
DOMA got axed
Gays will soon be able to get married in Cali.
That will make 13 states that allow same sex marriage
G Bush is still a dumbazz
Polygamy is still illegal
And you are still clueless.
All except the last one are common knowledge but good work Jiz, it shows you're not a total retard.

I'm clueless? Perhaps you'll clue me in then? I won't wait.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198659 Jun 28, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that Oven Mitt would have been a better choice????
Not my choice at all but a better choice than Obama? Yes. In contrast to Obama, at least he's honest.
CrankHandle

Monrovia, CA

#198660 Jun 28, 2013
The elevator doesn't go to the top floors on may of the poster's here.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198661 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my choice at all but a better choice than Obama? Yes. In contrast to Obama, at least he's honest.
LOL lets be honest. The politician who gets elected, spread the bull the best. Everone of them will kiss you while stealing your wallet
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198662 Jun 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
All except the last one are common knowledge but good work Jiz, it shows you're not a total retard.
I'm clueless? Perhaps you'll clue me in then? I won't wait.
OK, I will play. How about this one. When Prop 8 was sent back by scotus, polygamy lost one more law against it.

See ya clueless.
Fankie Rizzo

Cambridge, IL

#198663 Jun 28, 2013
Why wont you people listen to me? I am right about Polygamy, laws that go against same sex marriage affect polygamy too. Now stop being fruitloops and fruitcakes and agree with me. IF you don't I will spam this thread and hold my breath>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... 3 hr Donna knight 1
bums on bikes 9 hr Right 4
corruption with Riverside county CPS 10 hr Chris 3
Hemet - The worst city to live in california 14 hr Chris 10
Review: Hemet Family Dentist,Dr Vimal Patel,DDS Dec 15 Michael2327 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 15 lupita garcia 8
One dead, one wounded after incident in Hemet p... (Dec '08) Dec 15 Chris 49

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match