Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,641 - 172,660 of 200,342 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then find a forum where others are interested in it. This one isn't it. Oh, and please Sally, before you start your tired routine, a lack of interest does not imply disapproval or approval. Play your routine somewhere else.
I think you are worried that polygamy marriage will cause people to say ssm opened the door to what was predicted. Personally I don't care who marries as long as it's fully equal. I think the person with split personalities should be able to marry within, who does it hurt? Should I have capitalized ssm?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Polygamy activists have spoken of their hopes that the Supreme Court's landmark rulings on gay marriage could lead to a breakthrough for their cause too.

The top court in the U.S. yesterday ruled that the federal government must recognise same-sex marriages, and allowed judges to overrule a ban on gay marriage in California.

And some polygamists predict that the decisions will 'blaze the marriage equality trail', saying that 'the nuclear family is not the majority any more'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23494...

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Then will come self marriage, then the end of marriage altogether.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But we are in California, votes don't count.
Yeah, everyone voted xolo a moron but the judge overturned it. So now he proudly insists he's not a moron.
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
Yes they do. We elected the atty. General that would not defend prop 8 as Gov

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court decision had nothing to do with the self-esteem of gays. Nor did it have anything to do with telling children things. You really should study up on how law is practiced. It's obvious from your posts you're currently clueless.
<quoted text>
F*CK your stupid bible. It's irrelevant, just like you.
Thanks for proving the ruling opens the door for inevitable intolerance towards people of faith who repudiate bigotry. Now maybe you can focus on slowing down the high rate of std's and mental illness in the gay world, let's see if marriage helps...lol.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that why he was elected? What I'm saying is most people are fed up with voting on propositions here in CA.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
Polygamy activists have spoken of their hopes that the Supreme Court's landmark rulings on gay marriage could lead to a breakthrough for their cause too.
The top court in the U.S. yesterday ruled that the federal government must recognise same-sex marriages, and allowed judges to overrule a ban on gay marriage in California.
And some polygamists predict that the decisions will 'blaze the marriage equality trail', saying that 'the nuclear family is not the majority any more'.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23494...
Good article. Of course those here against true marriage equality won't read it. It's "off topic". Poly marriage is off topic in a marriage thread about marriage. Says so in the rainbow handbook.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now being in St. Louis, you might realize why I left the Midwest....Humidity! Don't get stuck in the arch.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving the ruling opens the door for inevitable intolerance towards people of faith who repudiate bigotry. Now maybe you can focus on slowing down the high rate of std's and mental illness in the gay world, let's see if marriage helps...lol.
Jonah1 is very tolerant and diverse and you're not. Or something like that. Let me check the handbook.
wass

Acton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Bunch of fruit cakes
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You elected Obama who nominated arguably the worse attorney general we've ever had.

Transparent my ass.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookout, he's going postal!!!
Over your lies and intentional deceitfulness? Hardly.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now being in St. Louis, you might realize why I left the Midwest....Humidity! Don't get stuck in the arch.
New York is going to be miserable this week with the heat and humidity. Living in the SF bay area half the year, when I go to NY and get off the plane it's like running into a wet wall of discomfort.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
They most certainly do count, but only on issues that are constitutional.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving the ruling opens the door for inevitable intolerance towards people of faith who repudiate bigotry.
LOL!!!! That's a good one!!! I love it when fundies try and spin their self created persecution!!! Nothing funnier!!!!

BTW, if you tried employing comprehension, you would realize that my disparaging remark was aimed at the stupid book, not those that believe it in. But don't let facts get in the way of your persecution!!!!!
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Now maybe you can focus on slowing down the high rate of std's and mental illness in the gay world, let's see if marriage helps...lol.
Right after you focus on getting the fundamentalist world to pull all their collective heads out of their sanctimonious *ssholes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Found on another thread. Amusing.(Please don't shoot the messenger. I didn't say it. Don't go postal on me).

"Any of you wingnuts who want to marry your shotgun, make sure it is unloaded before you consummate your marriage. Or you might be in for a rude surprise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They most certainly do count, but only on issues that are constitutional.
Gotta give credit where it is due. That's a good civil answer without all your usual nonsense and angry ranting.

CA needs to check the constitutionality of ballot measures before they are put on the ballot, not after they receive a winning vote.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are worried that polygamy marriage will cause people to say ssm opened the door to what was predicted. Personally I don't care who marries as long as it's fully equal. I think the person with split personalities should be able to marry within, who does it hurt? Should I have capitalized ssm?
And I think you suffer from the same illness as Rizzo. A delusional belief that you think you know other people's stances on issues when in fact they haven't uttered a word one way or the other.

Oh, and just fyi, I don't "worry" about non-existent events. Not the day when hundreds of thousands of people will inexplicably be clambering to have multiple marriages instead of one, or the imaginary second coming, or any of the other bullshyt events you people obsess over. We leave all that worrying to you and the other sheeple.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think you suffer from the same illness as Rizzo. A delusional belief that you think you know other people's stances on issues when in fact they haven't uttered a word one way or the other.
Oh, and just fyi, I don't "worry" about non-existent events. Not the day when hundreds of thousands of people will inexplicably be clambering to have multiple marriages instead of one, or the imaginary second coming, or any of the other bullshyt events you people obsess over. We leave all that worrying to you and the other sheeple.
You're angry and at least three people have told you so. It's funny when you angrily deny that you are angry!

Good people are being denied marriage. You ridicule them. You are a hypocrite. What harm would their marriage cause you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) 2 hr i want one 3
New to Hemet; Impression (Aug '12) 4 hr love hemet 15
good restaurants in Hemet (Jan '11) 4 hr love mickey ds 127
25 most dangerous citys in Us. (Nov '10) 4 hr senior center 27
hemet fireworks? (Jul '09) 4 hr no fireworks 33
HEMET: 28 jailed in sweep of parolees, probatio... 5 hr goguy 1
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) 10 hr bebe 49
•••
•••