Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
171,741 - 171,760 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197269 Jun 22, 2013
Quario wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that I am who I am. There is nothing wrong with me. I am just different than you. I do not need to fix anything or try to change myself to conform to your view of how I should live my life. Move on with with your life and let others be. You can state your opinion over and over again, but it will not cause me to change anything about myself. Deal with it. Move on.
"I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197270 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
That's from last year. Were you there?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197271 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
What a wonderful day I've had!
I spent most of the morning and afternoon at Knoxville's Pride Celebration.
I'm burnt to a crisp and worn out. But I had a great time.
Twenty-five years ago I was at Knoxville's first Pride Celebration. There were about 100 of us there. We were surrounded by preachers with bullhorns and people wearing full body protection suits (so that they wouldn't catch AIDS--LOL!)
Today there were four--count them FOUR--protester. They were faced with well over 15,000 gays, lesbians, etc. and our supporters.
We ended our parade at the World's Fair Park, where we had a football size field full of tents, booths, and stages.
The parade started at noon. The celebration goes until 10:30pm. But I'm too old to stay out in that blazing heat for ten and a half hours.
THIS is why same-sex marriage and other equal rights for the LGBT community will soon extend throughout the country.
Look at the changes that have been made over the past 25 years in a little town in TN--the buckle of the Bible-belt.
Shooooo.... I'm tired! Gonna crank up the air and bask in my memories of today's events!
"Pride celebration"? The lion king? Was Simba there?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197272 Jun 22, 2013
Quario wrote:
And before anyone says "I don't care, I just don't like the gays pushing their lifestyle on me", here's my reply to that: Gay people probably don't like you "pushing your hetero lifestyle on them" either. LOL
Uhhhhh.....ummmmm...."het ero lifestyle"? As in boy meets girl, make baby, even ones who call themselves Quario? That life style?
laughing man

UK

#197273 Jun 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhh.....ummmmm...."het ero lifestyle"? As in boy meets girl, make baby, even ones who call themselves Quario? That life style?
Talk about a body slam. Assclown never knew what hit it.
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197274 Jun 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the one. I am not oriented that way and don't like when people try to tell me that the only acceptable way to live is to follow that lifestyle. If I tried, it would destroy the lives of others because it would not work. Then people would be telling me I was wrong to try to live a hetero lifestyle when I knew it was a lie. So no matter what I do or how I live, I am wrong in the view of some.
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197275 Jun 22, 2013
So I stay true to who I am. I treat others well. I respect people who deserve respect. I place importance on friends and family and on doing what I can to make a positive difference in the world.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197276 Jun 22, 2013
Quario wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that I am who I am. There is nothing wrong with me. I am just different than you. I do not need to fix anything or try to change myself to conform to your view of how I should live my life. Move on with with your life and let others be. You can state your opinion over and over again, but it will not cause me to change anything about myself. Deal with it. Move on.
Then why are you angry and defensive?

Location hidden

#197277 Jun 22, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetheart...to be honest with you, most of us don't share your mental illness, therefore we don't share your reality!
You seem to be the one denying reality daily, it won't change it!
Ah, different realities huh?

Speaking of mental illnesses...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#197278 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's from last year. Were you there?
Just trying to relate the pics to your claim of marriage and family.

Hope to God the kids weren't there. I wouldn't submit my wife to that behavior.
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197279 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you angry and defensive?
Why are you?
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197280 Jun 22, 2013
I am, momentarily, because I am being attacked. It's called human nature.
laughing man

UK

#197281 Jun 22, 2013
Caligula is offended.

Oh my.

Location hidden

#197282 Jun 22, 2013
Quario wrote:
I am, momentarily, because I am being attacked. It's called human nature.
Stating facts is attacking you.

Think about it for a moment this time, before you respond.

Location hidden

#197283 Jun 22, 2013
Should have been;

Stating facts is attacking you???
Well

Round Lake, IL

#197284 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, different realities huh?
Speaking of mental illnesses...
Smirk.
You are the one with the vastly different reality from others. The rest of us don't need to carry around letters stating our sanity...that we "lied to get". Would you like to share with us what really caused your psychotic break from reality? Was it the affair or the Church not bowing down to the way you thought it should be run?

You spend what 8 hours a day or more here for years already? Bullying gay people day in and day out, telling them what "real marriage" is. Do you really think you will change any ones mind? You have been married for 37 years? What does your poor wife do while you sit here and bully gay people? Do you think it is healthy for your relationship?

You have no business and certainly no qualifications to tell others what marriage is or should be!

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results".
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197285 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Should have been;
Stating facts is attacking you???
Consider spending more time on your own life, instead of spending so much time concerning yourself with what others are doing with their lives. Enough is enough.

Location hidden

#197286 Jun 22, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one with the vastly different reality from others. The rest of us don't need to carry around letters stating our sanity...that we "lied to get". Would you like to share with us what really caused your psychotic break from reality? Was it the affair or the Church not bowing down to the way you thought it should be run?
You spend what 8 hours a day or more here for years already? Bullying gay people day in and day out, telling them what "real marriage" is. Do you really think you will change any ones mind? You have been married for 37 years? What does your poor wife do while you sit here and bully gay people? Do you think it is healthy for your relationship?
You have no business and certainly no qualifications to tell others what marriage is or should be!
I didn't tell anyone the qualifications of marriage, I simply stated the scientific basis.

Do you have a letter?

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#197287 Jun 22, 2013
Quario wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider spending more time on your own life, instead of spending so much time concerning yourself with what others are doing with their lives. Enough is enough.
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

UK

#197288 Jun 22, 2013
unWell wrote:
<quoted text>Bullying bully

Passť sloganeering fits your description of insanity to a tee. It still hasn't caused your kind to be accepted, only tolerated or feared under the thread of "hate crimes".

You'll never be accepted except by the lowest common denominator, and insanity is your inability to admit to reality.

Thank me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr go away 5,007
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 5 hr james marple 50
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr lazy posts 15,963
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 20 hr Kandy 476
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA Fri Go Blue Forever 5
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
The Waterfalls (May '09) Aug 28 Chris 20
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:18PM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••