Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
171,681 - 171,700 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Westminster, CA

#197137 Jun 22, 2013
Yes I swallow
FlatRock

Monrovia, CA

#197139 Jun 22, 2013
Still stacking the skeets are you?
laughing man

UK

#197140 Jun 22, 2013
FlatRock the Covina kook wrote:
Still stacking the skeets are you?
Kinda slow in the global warming racket, eh?
FlatRocks

Monrovia, CA

#197141 Jun 22, 2013
Laughing man sounds more like a cow standing over a flat rock and letting the water fly.
laughing man

UK

#197142 Jun 22, 2013
There must not be much action on your hemp thread either, Emo.
America did this too

Monrovia, CA

#197143 Jun 22, 2013
Here's some Bush family news: A direct ancestor of both George H.W. and George W. Bush was a notorious slave trader, according to new historical reports.

Bush's ancestor was called an "inhuman monster" by one British anti-slavery activist, died in 1797 when the crew on one of his vessels mutinied, killing him and throwing his body overboard.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197144 Jun 22, 2013
America did this too wrote:
Here's some Bush family news: A direct ancestor of both George H.W. and George W. Bush was a notorious slave trader, according to new historical reports.
Bush's ancestor was called an "inhuman monster" by one British anti-slavery activist, died in 1797 when the crew on one of his vessels mutinied, killing him and throwing his body overboard.
Is that why Obama is failing? Because great great grandpa Bush was bad man?

Priceless.
laughing man

UK

#197153 Jun 22, 2013
America did this too wrote:
Here's some Sharpton and Jackson and Waters and McKinney news too:

When the slave ships came over the African horizon, who rounded up another load bound for America?

Bonus round:

Was Bull Connor a Republican (Democrap Lite) or a Democrap?
laughing man

UK

#197155 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Laugh at it all you want. It protects your side and limits the posts that you have to respond to. It is also a power tool, used to protect your side. Unless Chongo has been banned as well, which I'm starting to suspect. All those posts about giving kids pearl necklaces and stuff.
That's only to protect Topix. You can bet your last money they'd give carte blanche to NAMBLA if they knew they could.

This world is in a serious state of mental illness, and that's no joke.
laughing man

UK

#197158 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't admit any errors. There aren't many who will.
I knew it wouldn't, and you're right, they never do. They're immoral and unethical.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197160 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is it? I thought it was using the stupidity and immaturity of another to demonstrate the immaturity and stupidity to it. In case you hadn't noticed, Kukla, Fran and Oliie, it was Jizzy that posted in this way, to circumvent filters. D-Ooohhh....(Smacks head). Grow up, choad-boi.
I have fun making Jizzy so frustrated and mad that he does silly-stupid stuff like that.
laughing man

UK

#197167 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text> derring-do.
SWISH bucklers!

aHAHAHAHAHA haha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
laughing man

UK

#197193 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Sugar, you trying to say something?
It appears that one of the Merry Men has a crush on you.
Frankie Rizzo

Westminster, CA

#197195 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to spend all of your time focusing on Frank. You got a hard-on for him?
lol, no hard on for him. He started saying shit to me so Im just sending it back. Besides I here you have the hard on for him right?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197196 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to spend all of your time focusing on Frank. You got a hard-on for him?
lol .. no I don't have a hard on for him. He's just saying shit so I'm just giving it back, beside he says you have the hard on for him.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197197 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You cruising for some ass?
No thanks look somewhere else I don't swing that way so don't ask sorry
Dawn

Union City, CA

#197198 Jun 22, 2013
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
There has to be some checks and balances...even with voting. The propoganda and commercials that were shoved down californians throat swayed many voters into believing untruths.....like "it will destroy marriage". Give me a break!
What if a state voted to reinstate practices prior to the civil rights movement? What if a law was passed saying that black children could no longer go to same school as white children? Should we abide by the voters' wishes? Absolutely not! It would be against constitutional rights, as was prop 8 which was funded heavily by a religous group outside of California. The voters are not always properly informed in which to cast an intelligent vote.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197199 Jun 22, 2013
get outta my neighborhood wrote:
<quoted text>
Another uppity lecture from Generation X-crement.
Yet again the neighborhood geezer toddles out into the street and shakes his fist at the sky.

Can we begin to take up a collection to get him into a good, senior care home?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197200 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's you fairies who always wish to trivialize someone who does not see things the same way that you do. Awfully immature, if you ask me. Your repeated posts about how "testy" we are, or how old we must be, or any other old blather that you throw in shows that you have little to offer the world, which does not accept you. Keep whining, you little girl.
Funny... I've offered the world a great deal. I've spent the past quarter of a century working to help runaways, the mentally ill, the medically ill, the elderly, homeless, victims of domestic violence, etc.

I think I've made a pretty good impact on society. And I can guarantee you that when I go into a person's home or the hospital room, they don't care whether I'm a "fairy" or not.

They're thankful that someone was there to help them through whatever life crisis they happened to be experiencing.

Bloop! Be gone...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197201 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to tell me, that only straight people who do not support gay rights have posts removed or are banned? Really, if you are thats funny.
YUK!YUK!YUK! So Funny! HAR!HAR!HAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr go away 5,007
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 5 hr james marple 50
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr lazy posts 15,963
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 20 hr Kandy 476
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA Fri Go Blue Forever 5
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
The Waterfalls (May '09) Aug 28 Chris 20
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:18PM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••