Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,578)

Showing posts 171,541 - 171,560 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Zero the societal blight wrote:
<quoted text> He would feel much better if he would just come out and say that he is gay.
Irving’s Laws of homosexual “debate”:

Rule One:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is “in the closet”.

Rule Two A:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is a “bigot” and/or a “homophobe” and/or a “racist” and/or a “hater”.

Rule Two B:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably create out of whole cloth that there are “many” non-existent “studies” which will back up it’s claims that opponents are “closeted bigoted racist haters”, legitimate and unbiased studies which cannot and will not be sourced by the homosexual claimant when pressed.

Irving’s Razor:

Anyone who has taken a position in any debate, whether about homosexuality or race relations or the price of tea in China, is by definition a bigot, therefore the use of the word “bigot” by homosexuals doubles their irrelevance in a debate.

Irving's Rule of "Racism":

Color of skin ALWAYS matters more than it's thickness.

Buckley paraphrased:

To paraphrase William F. Buckley, libtards claim to be the champions of diverse points of view, but are actually shocked and driven to mindless adolescent rage when they discover that there truly are other points of view.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwah ha ha ha haha!! People can and do mate without marriage. They were able to do so for eons before the institution was even invented. And they continue to do so to this day. The institution of marriage has NO requirements related to mating. NONE.
However there is a cultural, social, historical, and religious expectation of mating within marriage. Let's. OT forget the legal marital presumption of paternity.
At the most basic essence, marriage is about maintaining property and inheritance. Period.
Unless, the missus doesn't get her period, then it about mating. Many a marriage resulted from a missing period.
Thank you for your ridiculous link. But since mating is not a requirement of marriage I'll skip it as being as completely irrelevant as your posts.
Is sex a requirement, the coital kind, not crossing swords?
You seem to be under the impression this string is about mating. It isn't.
It's about the definition of marriage in the state of California.
What needs to be countered? Your view of mating habits? LOL! The subject of this string is marriage, not mating. Mating habits are completely irrelevant to the topic.
What else you got?
Awwwww....that's so cute Jonah the Glibtee Whale....is trying to convince us that mating and marriage are not linked or even remotely connected. Next thing he'll try and convince us that sex between men and women doesn't make babies. Maybe the stork brought him....no wait...too bland....I know a brightly colored parrot...yeah that makes sense.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you'll find that the Biblical command is to not judge another person--that you do not have the supernatural ability that God possesses to pass judgment on another human being.
You do not know truth. You may think you do, but you don't. None of us know truth. We have FAITH that we believe guides us to truth.
But to actually determine another person's truth is dangerously arrogant.
You are not God. You cannot know what He has called me to be or to do.
You can only carry on in your own personal journey, doing those things that you BELIEVE He has called you to do.
And don't take this the wrong way, but I don't believe that He brought you into this world to judge others. Maybe you were meant to teach others about Him. Maybe you were meant to help bring others to Him. But to be His judge--telling others what His truth is? I don't think so.
If I'm not mistaken, you just judged me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
However there is a cultural, social, historical, and religious expectation of mating within marriage. Let's. OT forget the legal marital presumption of paternity.
<quoted text>
Unless, the missus doesn't get her period, then it about mating. Many a marriage resulted from a missing period.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It's about the definition of marriage in the state of California.
<quoted text>
Awwwww....that's so cute Jonah the Glibtee Whale....is trying to convince us that mating and marriage are not linked or even remotely connected. Next thing he'll try and convince us that sex between men and women doesn't make babies. Maybe the stork brought him....no wait...too bland....I know a brightly colored parrot...yeah that makes sense.
I know elderly couples unable to even have sex that have recently married.

Sex may be all that marriage is about to you, but that isn’t true for everyone. And it isn’t your place to define it for everyone else.
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. A line must be drawn as it relates to freedom, the very building block of our country. And let me guess. The man that told us all that penguins can fly is going to be the one drawing that line!!!
<quoted text>
No, it won't. Not one of the lawyers supporting prop 8 were able to establish how gays being married was going to affect other people, and you Penguin Boy certainly aren't going to be able to establish one single way that you or any other non gay person will be affected by gays marrying.
<quoted text>
You don't have to support the teaching of gay history. You are free to not support it. Just as you are free to not support the teaching of black history or Asian history or Women's history. you don't have to support evolution being taught. You don't have to support any curriculum at all. You are completely free to not support it.
Yet again, you are completely unaffected.
<quoted text>
And we don't care what straits do in their homes. You know, given that neither of us do anything the other doesn't do.
<quoted text>
Um, the advancement of equality is part of history whether you agree with it or not. It's factual information related to the principals of our country. There is absolutely no reason for it to be avoided in an historical content.
Feel free to try again though. I anxiously await to know how you are remotely affected by gays being married. Thanks for playing Penguin Boy.
Oooo someone is upset, calm down turbo or you will bust a butt plug. You stupid asswipe, I dont't want to pay taxes to support your Fked up way of life studies in public schools or public anything, it affects me when I pay through taxes, but you can't seem to get that through your thick head. All you can do is come up with off the wall BS that means nothing to the quality of life for the normal thinking people. Your cult lifestyle has gotten the better of you and you think we all should agree to it. You are a real piece of work. And once again Black history and Asian history has nothing to do with SSM not even close, so stop with the BS.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who couldn't answer the question asshat.
Asshat? Is that the kind of Fundamentalist hate they teach you at Our Lady of Intestinal Arson?
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno that is exactly how I feel about Christians, however I don’t have the right to tell them to get in the closet. I don’t fight to keep Christians from being married, I don’t work to close their churches.
I don’t support Christianity, but I don’t have the right to take away their rights either.
America isn’t easy, you have to fight for freedoms, and sometimes you are fighting for the rights of people you disagree with, sometimes you fight for the rights of people you despise.
So what you are saying is that you are willing to pay through your tax dollars to support the gay lifestyle? There is a fine line here, again I don't have a problem if you want to be gay, but don't start dictating and forcing public issues on me.
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

JoAnah .. you are still the little fantsie-pants Patz I see. Grow up and quit being the bratty little girl on the block will you?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, if they don’t announce it today,( which I don’t expect them to ) I won’t be here to celebrate and watch the losers here squirm and cry.
I will be on the road for the next couple of weeks and these forums are hard to navigate from a cell phone ( not taking my I-Pad, if I have my I-Pad my job will expect me to work through vacation )
Enjoy, and keep your head high, let the whiners whine, history is on your side.
Thanks... And have a great time on your vacation!

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken, you just judged me.
Really? Where did I judge you? Did I judge you when I told you that it wasn't your place to be a judge of others?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/06/19/equality-...
Equality demands that we treat in the same ways things that are the same. But a same-sex relationship is fundamentally different from a marriage. No same-sex union can produce a child. And no same-sex relationship can provide a child with a mother and a father.
While respecting everyone's civil rights, government rightly recognizes, protects, and promotes marriage between a man and a woman as the ideal institution for procreative love, childbearing, and child-rearing. Recognizing that we are all created equal doesn't challenge this historical understanding.
<quoted text>
Two flaws in that statement. First, Gays can marry a "related" adult, thier first cousin. Second, to marry means to enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife. So, one cannot marry someone of the same sex, contradiction interns, at least in 32 states.
<quoted text>
Legally, no, but you can find whatever house of worship u like and have them marry you.
<quoted text>
You don't need government permission to do that.
<quoted text>
There is no couple's right. Men, that includes u, and women, have the same right to marry.
<quoted text>
True.
<quoted text>
Explain the rainbow flags, T-shirts, and bumper stickers, not to mention the numerous political action organizations?
<quoted text>
SSSB is not new. Creating an identity out of it is.
<quoted text>
So u agree then with my assertions?
<quoted text>
You do have the right. Even in states where SSM is legal, it's not a big seller. Why is that?
<quoted text>
It's OPPOSITE SEX, or, CONJUGAL as in husband and wife, NOT heterosexual marriage. As for the test.....hmmmmm....ya know...that might not be a bad idea....at least premarital counseling. If we have to pass a test for a driver's license......
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhhhh.......helllllloooooo oo.....SSCs are different....in function and form.
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! Would u at least be intellectually honest. U are arguing for SSRs to be legally called marriage, not the right to marry, which u ALREADY HAVE. As to the word, if u truly want it, then marry according to how it's culturally, historically, socially, legally, and yes, even religiously, defined.
Can't say that I agree with anything you wrote.

--You say that same-sex couples are different than opposite-sex couples in that opposite-sex couples have the ability to procreate.

--If that's the case, then opposite-sex couples who cannot, due to medical reasons, reproduce, should be placed in the same category as same-sex couples.

--Marriage in a house of worship does not include the over 1,100 rights and protections afforded to legally married couples. I'm sure you'll throw out some lame excuse that the rights and protections of legally married couples are there for the sake of the children. BUT THEY ARE NOT! They are there for the lifelong protection of the family--whether it involves children or not.

--These rights and protections include social security issues, Medicare issues, inheritance issues, etc. These protections were not established to protect the children in the household. They were created to protect older couples.

--I will explain the various political organizations that support the gay community when you explain the various political organizations that support the straight community. Bottom line, I am a gay man. Laws impact me, personally. I may be a part of a larger community that has banded together for exert strength, but we are made up of individuals.

--We will not change what marriage means. We will change only those who are able to participate in it. If gay marriage were to suddenly be legalized throughout the country, then marriage would be marriage--to both gays and straights.
Striker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The USA Supreme Court strikes down anti-prostitution pledge as condition of AIDS funding.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Expectation? Sure.
Requirement? Nope. Never. Nada. When women that have had hysterectomies are denied from entering into marriage, then this might be an argument. Right now, it isn't. There is no requirement to mate or to procreate when one enters into marriage. And the participants entering into marriage are not obligated to meet the "expectations" of other people outside the marriage.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, it isn't a requirement of marriage. Any kind of sex. Perhaps you are aware of people paid for by our government that have the job of verifying that married people have performed coitus!!
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Its about the definition of marriage in the state of California.
Marriage is defined as a union, a ceremony, and an institution. That definition isn't altered in anyway when the participants are the same gender. Your "redefinition" is a work of fiction.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwww....that's so cute Jonah the Glibtee Whale....is trying to convince us that mating and marriage are not linked or even remotely connected.
You might try a reading comprehension class. No where did I sate they are not linked or remotely connected. What I stated was that one is not a requirement. Which it still isn't.

Oh, and P.S., there is no whale in the biblical story of Jonah. Again, you might trying a comprehension class.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
he'll try and convince us that sex between men and women doesn't make babies. The stork brought him....no wait...too bland....I know a brightly colored parrot...yeah that makes sense.
Not sure what all this babbling is about. You might look into meds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo someone is upset, calm down turbo or you will bust a butt plug. You stupid asswipe, I dont't want to pay taxes to support your Fked up way of life studies in public schools or public anything, it affects me when I pay through taxes, but you can't seem to get that through your thick head.
Your taxes are not altered when curriculums change Penguin Boy. You are completely unaffected. The fact that you don't like the curriculum is irrelevant.

Feel free to try again with how you are "affected".
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
All you can do is come up with off the wall BS that means nothing to the quality of life for the normal thinking people.
If it were BS, you would be able to refute it. let me know when that happens Penguin Boy.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult lifestyle has gotten the better of you and you think we all should agree to it.
Um, shyt for brains, homosexuality isn't a lifestyle, it's a characteristic.

life·style
[lahyf-stahyl]
noun
the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group.

Notice the "THAT TOGETHER CONSTITUTE.....". I singular item, such as homosexuality, does not constitute a lifestyle Penguin Boy.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a real piece of work. And once again Black history and Asian history has nothing to do with SSM not even close, so stop with the BS.
Where did I state that SSM had something to do with Black history? Please present the exact statement.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

Feel free to try again Penguin Boy. So far your batting ZERO, and your attempts to simply make personal attacks aren't helping you!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that you are willing to pay through your tax dollars to support the gay lifestyle? There is a fine line here, again I don't have a problem if you want to be gay, but don't start dictating and forcing public issues on me.
LOL, I am talking about freedom, justice that wears a blindfold, blind to Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National origin.

I am not forcing any public issue on you, No one is telling you who you can marry and who you cant.... oopps yes they are, it is just that it doesn’t apply to you personally.

No one is telling any church they must preform same sex marriages, you can have all the private clubs you want and deny anyone you want to for your club, but you don’t get to set the rules for everyone not in your little club.

They feel the same way that Gun owners feel about Guns being taken away.

Tax dollars, how about making up those tax dollars by taxing churches that hide behind their exempt status and fleece their flocks for political campaigns, that would more than make up for a LOT of issues regarding justice and freedom for all Americans .
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks... And have a great time on your vacation!
Thanks, visiting grandchildren, we will have a blast.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Asshat? Is that the kind of Fundamentalist hate they teach you at Our Lady of Intestinal Arson?
Let me know when you decide to support your previous accusation with some specifics. Until then, you're simply a waste of time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
JoAnah .. you are still the little fantsie-pants Patz I see. Grow up and quit being the bratty little girl on the block will you?
Oh Brunhilda, no one takes you seriously hon. Not since you made the comment that penguins were able to get to Noah's ark by flying to the middle east.

Anyone with an education over 1st grade is well aware of how ridiculously stupid you are. What makes it fun is watching you repeatedly demonstrating how proud you are of your stupidity.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo someone is upset, calm down turbo or you will bust a butt plug. You stupid asswipe, I dont't want to pay taxes to support your Fked up way of life studies in public schools or public anything, it affects me when I pay through taxes, but you can't seem to get that through your thick head. All you can do is come up with off the wall BS that means nothing to the quality of life for the normal thinking people. Your cult lifestyle has gotten the better of you and you think we all should agree to it. You are a real piece of work. And once again Black history and Asian history has nothing to do with SSM not even close, so stop with the BS.
but you expect gays to pay for YOUR way of life, however ignoratn you may appear here. our taxes go towards your benefits of being married and having kids....yet obviously that public education has done nothing to further your thinking. so it's ok that we shell out money for you while getting nothing for it. riiiiight.

the rest of your post is merely opinionated claptrap that has nothing to substantiate it. best of luck with your mindset in the coming years chum. you'll just more and more angry as time goes by and the rest of the public goes on with their lives and not having issues with how different people live. i guess you and others like you will remain fixated on just someone's sexual position while the rest of us won't be thinking about how others have sex. funny how guys like you like to think about something they loudly complain about other people doing, even if those people are doing that action in the privacy of their own homes.

shake my head at the utter and complete ignorance of some folks.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you decide to support your previous accusation with some specifics. Until then, you're simply a waste of time.
You're quite the pubescent imbecile. I'm going to leave you twisting in the wind.

I'm laughing at what the Fundamentalist colon wreckers put on the front lines.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 171,541 - 171,560 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why is hemet racist ?!? 4 hr dave 10
Section 8 people 8 hr living large 5
Single men in Hemet 8 hr TRUTH IN COLO 11
Temecula: Three men arrested in connection with... 10 hr baby boomer 5
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr Foes 15,666
Front Yard Junk 12 hr Pretty_Poison 8
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr Lug Heads 7,300
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search