Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,930

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
laughing man

UK

#196671 Jun 18, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
But remember, boys and girls, "they're just like you and me".
Do what? I repeated one of the Fundamentalist Doctrines and they show their thanks with more negative smilies?

Such ungrateful little snots.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196672 Jun 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare'a wrote;
Dumb and dumber.
I rarely address the religious basis for marriage.
I kind of enjoy the hissy fit when I point out the social science basis;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
No violation of freedom, no religion. Just a clear distinction between the two relationships.
Now, watch the pink brigade show up.
Smile.
<quoted text>
So you deduced I got my evolutionary proof from the Bible?
AND, there is money there? Damn, I'll split it with you if you help me find it!
What other conspiracy theories do you follow???
Oh you can find nut jobs that think anything from an evolutionary standpoint, Hitler for example, but the money is coming from the religious.

People that actually know something about evolution know better than what you have been saying., You are stretching to find a reason to not support it.

No animals other than man marry, there are some that are monogamous ( generally not man )but they donít have a legal marriage ceremony, so that kind of tosses all your arguments out the window from a marriage perspective.

As far as homosexuality is concerned there are dozens of documented species that include homosexuality, so that tosses out the whole natural argument.
the Mark Spitz Dancers

UK

#196674 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No animals other than man marry, there are some that are monogamous ( generally not man )but they donít have a legal marriage ceremony, so that kind of tosses all your arguments out the window from a marriage perspective.
A ceremony is a ritual, and animals are VERY ritualistic, very ceremonious in their own fashion (their dances and their waggles and their songs) and since homosexuals are mostly regressive animals...

So what was your point again?

I get the feeling that you're stuttering and stammering as you write. You don't really believe what you're saying, do you?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#196675 Jun 19, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
You're putting the cart before the horse. The whole issues has been systematically attacked, starting with the removal of children as the primary impetus of marriage. Having removed this inconvenient validation for coupling, you are having a happy time stating that my assertion is "down the tubes".
Can infertile heterosexual couples marry? If so, then your assertion is down the tubes.
Rock Hudson wrote:
Stating that "that the state does not have an interest in a child being raised by two biological parents" is another step towards the new and draconian measure of taking our children away, and letting the state take control of them.
No it is not. The state doesnít take children born out of wedlock, and it allows divorce in cases where children are in the picture. Only a moron would imply that there is a state interest in children being raised by two biological parents. How does it feel to be utterly out of touch with reality?
Rock Hudson wrote:
The Nazi ideal realized.
Actually, you are the one advocating that the state not provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws counter to the US Constitution. Itís ironic that you then accuse someone else of fascism. One wonders if you actually have any understanding of what you have implied?
Rock Hudson wrote:
Again, you assert that the rights sought by the polygamists are greater than others are asking for, but this is a lie.
No, if one can count, they can see that the protections sought is greater.
Rock Hudson wrote:
The actual number of rights are identical, the number of claimants is greater.
Do you see how you just employed the word greater? Yeah, that is how you just disproved your own argument. Congratulations, you arenít to terribly bright.
Rock Hudson wrote:
This is because 3 is greater than 2. Simple mathematics.
This is why you have disproven your own argument. I think your ignorance is hysterical.
Rock Hudson wrote:
On the books, as were laws preventing SSM, created by the same people.
The difference is outlawing bigamy can be justified because it seeks greater protection, which you yourself have admitted in your inept attempt to justify polygamy, while outlawing same sex marriage serves no compelling state interest.
Rock Hudson wrote:
You have chosen to take the side that these laws were not fair (when your pets were denied rights),
WTF are you talking about?
Rock Hudson wrote:
but yet valid as hell (when your ignored brothers and sisters were denied), which makes you seem Quixotic.
Earth to moron, there is a compelling state interest served by denying siblings the right to marry.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196676 Jun 19, 2013
the Mark Spitz Dancers wrote:
<quoted text>
A ceremony is a ritual, and animals are VERY ritualistic, very ceremonious in their own fashion (their dances and their waggles and their songs) and since homosexuals are mostly regressive animals...
So what was your point again?
I get the feeling that you're stuttering and stammering as you write. You don't really believe what you're saying, do you?
Those are mating dances, happens homosexually in animals too, thank you for making my point :)

Not at all, I actually know what I am talking about
F gate

Monrovia, CA

#196677 Jun 19, 2013
Another B.S. flood gate has been left opened.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#196678 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you can find nut jobs that think anything from an evolutionary standpoint, Hitler for example, but the money is coming from the religious.
People that actually know something about evolution know better than what you have been saying., You are stretching to find a reason to not support it.
As far as homosexuality is concerned there are dozens of documented species that include homosexuality, so that tosses out the whole natural argument.
A nut job is the person thinking religion is supporting evolution.

However, please be specific about how the essence of marriage is different from what I quoted from social science.

Marriage is a cultural constraint, animals do not equate regarding marriage.

Animals engage in same sex sexual behavior, very few actually practice homosexuality. However, if that justifies homosexuality, then dogs lick butts and eat shit. Just where do you want to go with this?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196680 Jun 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A nut job is the person thinking religion is supporting evolution.
However, please be specific about how the essence of marriage is different from what I quoted from social science.
Marriage is a cultural constraint, animals do not equate regarding marriage.
Animals engage in same sex sexual behavior, very few actually practice homosexuality. However, if that justifies homosexuality, then dogs lick butts and eat shit. Just where do you want to go with this?
I never said it was, I said it was supporting the fight against same sex marriage.

There is no place I have to go with anything, it is obvious that your conclusions about evolution are simply wrong.

The institution of marriage is a government contract, a legal contract, nothing more. What each person makes of their own marriage is a personal affair. No one needs your approval any more than you need my approval.

Marriage is not found in the history of the evolution of species at all, it is a human legal construct.
Ityss

Monrovia, CA

#196681 Jun 19, 2013
Ya got to love those Italians in Italy if they can't convict you in the first two (2) trials why not try to in a third (3).

Italian court: Amanda Knox must be retried

After Amanda Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaelle Sollecito were convicted and then acquitted of murdering Meredith Kercher, the Italian court system will now re-try the case, saying more evidence should have been considered.
laughing man

UK

#196682 Jun 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> However, if that justifies homosexuality, then dogs lick butts and eat shit. Just where do you want to go with this?
She's wanting a Tony Award!
Wino s

Monrovia, CA

#196684 Jun 19, 2013
Italian court: Amanda Knox must be retried

After Amanda Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaelle Sollecito were convicted and then acquitted of murdering Meredith Kercher, the Italian court system will now re-try the case, saying more evidence should have been considered.

Just like a bunch of Italian wino judges.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196686 Jun 19, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>So Frank do you think it was right of the voters in Cali. to out law same sex marriage, after the right had been granted to gays and lesbians? Personaly I think the Judge was correct in overturning the ban based on the US Constitution. I am sure that SCOTUS will back up the Judge and reinstate same sex marriage in California. What about you?
lol .. the gay cult has been saying this for years now, and it still hasn't happened. Californiea is the only state so far to stand strong even though it is host to the Gay Cult capitol of the nation, San Fransico. There must be a very good reason for this stand off!!! not even Rose Ho can figure this one out ... lol
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196688 Jun 19, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol .. the gay cult has been saying this for years now, and it still hasn't happened. Californiea is the only state so far to stand strong even though it is host to the Gay Cult capitol of the nation, San Fransico. There must be a very good reason for this stand off!!! not even Rose Ho can figure this one out ... lol
You are a tad behind in the news.

The state of California has overturned Prop 8, and the defenders lost their appeal in the appellate court in California.

A stay has been put on the overturn until the ruling is appealed in the supreme court.

A vote today in California would overturn Prop 8 in a walk

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#196689 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was, I said it was supporting the fight against same sex marriage.
There is no place I have to go with anything, it is obvious that your conclusions about evolution are simply wrong.
The institution of marriage is a government contract, a legal contract, nothing more. What each person makes of their own marriage is a personal affair. No one needs your approval any more than you need my approval.
Marriage is not found in the history of the evolution of species at all, it is a human legal construct.
Just how is religion financing those on here, against SS couples imposing an impostor relationship on marriage?

So it is simply YOUR opinion that my quote of the social science essence of marriage is wrong. And you can't specifically state why.

On a gay would limit marriage to a legal contract.

That marriage is a human construct is exactly what I said. And, if it were not for mating behavior consequences, it would disappear.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196690 Jun 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how is religion financing those on here, against SS couples imposing an impostor relationship on marriage?
So it is simply YOUR opinion that my quote of the social science essence of marriage is wrong. And you can't specifically state why.
On a gay would limit marriage to a legal contract.
That marriage is a human construct is exactly what I said. And, if it were not for mating behavior consequences, it would disappear.
It is your opinion ( which counts for nothing ) that they are imposter relationships, I have more respect for their marriages than I have for your fearful little marriage.

The point is, that marriage is a legal contract, anything more than that is in the mind of those who marry. My own marriage means more to me than just the legal contract, I know others who think less of theirs. But my opinion of theirs is meaningless, just as your opinion of same sex marriages is meaningless.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196692 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a tad behind in the news.
The state of California has overturned Prop 8, and the defenders lost their appeal in the appellate court in California.
A stay has been put on the overturn until the ruling is appealed in the supreme court.
A vote today in California would overturn Prop 8 in a walk
And you are a tad behind in reality.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196694 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Third rate jackass says what?
You are too dumb to understand, so STFU

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#196698 Jun 19, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Loopholes. Marriage was never intended to validate sexual unions, or to create funding for couplings that consist of unnatural mating practices.
Loopholes.
SSM is about expanding the abilities of gays to gain benefits that were never intended for them.
We've been marching on a path towards equality and freedom since the American Revolution.

Freedom and equality is like the mythical monster, Hydra. Each time you cut off one head, two more grow back in its place.

Each time we feel that we've established freedom and equality for a particular group in this country, we see another group (or groups) of people who do not have access to certain rights that others take for granted.

You say that the benefits of marriage were not intended for gays. I say they were. They've been intended for gays since the foundation of this country.

However, it has taken over two-centuries for society to recognize this oversight. That's why you're seeing states pass laws to level the playing field for gays. That's why we're fighting in the courts to level the playing field. That's why we're educating the public about why the we need to level the playing field.

It will be level eventually. As you look around our country and at other countries, you can clearly see that the handwriting is on the wall. Equality WILL happen.

It hasn't been an easy process. Major change in ideology is never easy. There will be growing pains.

But that does not deter us from fighting for our rights.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#196699 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
A Greek and Italian were arguing over who had the superior culture.
The Greek says, "We have the Parthenon."
Arching his eyebrows, the Italian replies, "We have the Coliseum."
The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics"
The Italian, nodding agreement, says, "But we built the Roman Empire."
And so on and so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he says, "We invented sex!"
The Italian replies, "That is true, but it was the Italians who introduced it to women."
YUK!YUK!YUK!
And THUS began the downfall of mankind......
laughing man

UK

#196700 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
A Greek and Italian were arguing over who had the superior culture.
The Greek says, "We have the Parthenon."
Arching his eyebrows, the Italian replies, "We have the Coliseum."
The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics"
The Italian, nodding agreement, says, "But we built the Roman Empire."
And so on and so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he says, "We invented sex!"
The Italian replies, "That is true, but it was the Italians who introduced it to women."
YUK!YUK!YUK!
That's it, game over. Shut the thread down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr Downtown News 2,264
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Just saying 15,988
Earthquake: 3.1 quake strikes San Jacinto, Calif. 5 hr Kelly 1
Editorial: Hemet ends long tradition, outsource... 7 hr the enforcer 2
Winco in Perris: Rating the Self-Checkout Lanes 9 hr dragonX 4
Taking Pics without PERMISSION 9 hr anonymous mom 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr just a post 5,064
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE