Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,181

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#195762 Jun 13, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, hell. You tell that EXACT lie, every time you claim that "the majority" of us support this issue. I have repeatedly set you straight, but you refuse to acknowledge it.
that happens to be a fact that you are just ignorant of

You have not set me straight once, you have just explained that you are totally ignorant of the fact

we can argue opinions all day long, but I am not going to argue facts with you, you either know them or are ignorant of them
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#195763 Jun 13, 2013
Southern Baptists officially oppose gay Scout rule
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/usworld/southern...

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#195764 Jun 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
That is the first time you posted anything positive! There is a thread with that over there in the right hand column------>. Southern Baptist---go figure.
Obit Offbeat

San Francisco, CA

#195765 Jun 13, 2013
Obama Boo Boo is spying on gay peps.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#195766 Jun 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Cool because a growing number of Americans oppose Southern Baptists

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#195767 Jun 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
There is no "couple's right", it is legal fiction. Thanks for trying though.
I never said there was. I said that the legal protections of marriage are between two people. Ergo, same sex COUPLES, being two people, seeking to marry are seeking equal protection of the law; while poly-amorous GROUPS, being three or more, seek inherently greater protection.
Pietro Armando wrote:
It appears you have difficulty distinguishing between men and women, the function of the sexes as it relates to marriage, and why that relationship as a union of male and female is privileged by society.
Let me help you. Legally, there is no state interest in limiting marriage to opposite sex couples. The only possible argument that one could be hinting at in implying that there is such an interest is procreation, and it has already been demonstrated that there is no state interest in procreation relative to the legal protections of marriage. infertile heterosexual couples are regularly allowed to marry. Only a fool would think it is rational to imply that there is a state interest in procreation relative to the legal protections of marriage, applicable only to same sex couples, and solely to exclude them from equal protection of the law.

It seems you still have no valid argument.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#195768 Jun 13, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie isn't obsessed with gay marriage. Frankie is obsessed with Frankie. He loves seeing his words on the computer.
There's no telling how many hundreds (thousands) of times he's posted on this topic.
He must be some kind of a shut-in, in a wheelchair or something. He fires off comments like an assault weapon.
Unfortunately, he's lost all credibility here since he's started pushing for polygamy and incestuous marriages.
well he lost most credibility then, he lost the rest of it when he started lying about what other people had said.

I do agree that he has zero credibility now.
John Offmore

San Francisco, CA

#195769 Jun 13, 2013
Wow! I think I'm very gay. I like Obama Boo Boo.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#195771 Jun 13, 2013
Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, Frankie come out!
If I was gay I would come FLAMING OUT! Just like you did Jizzy! Looks like fun, except the sex part.

How are you liking it? You sound mad most of the time. Maybe it's not agreeing with you.

YUK!YUK!YUK! Jizzy's obsessed sock puppet. Calls me gay as an insult. Makes threads about me. Boy am I in your head, Jiz. I should rent out space.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#195772 Jun 13, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
well he lost most credibility then, he lost the rest of it when he started lying about what other people had said.
I do agree that he has zero credibility now.
Likewise, liar.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#195773 Jun 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise, liar.
From someone with zero credibility, that is a complement, thanks

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#195774 Jun 13, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what bigots said about same sex marriage not too long ago. Those supporting it had no credibility. And look at you now! Being a bigot and a hypocrite yourself just like them!
We're real proud of you fruitloops.
So, in your response to my comment you call me a "bigot" and a "fruitloop" (sic). Just because I have nothing better to do, I'm curious; how do you reconcile your supposed stance against bigotry while using a derogatory word to describe a gay person?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#195775 Jun 13, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...we can argue opinions all day long, but I am not going to argue facts with you...
We know. You'll just make up your own to suit yourself and stand behind them like a fool.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#195776 Jun 13, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said there was. I said that the legal protections of marriage are between two people. Ergo, same sex COUPLES, being two people, seeking to marry are seeking equal protection of the law; while poly-amorous GROUPS, being three or more, seek inherently greater protection.
<quoted text>
Let me help you. Legally, there is no state interest in limiting marriage to opposite sex couples. The only possible argument that one could be hinting at in implying that there is such an interest is procreation, and it has already been demonstrated that there is no state interest in procreation relative to the legal protections of marriage. infertile heterosexual couples are regularly allowed to marry. Only a fool would think it is rational to imply that there is a state interest in procreation relative to the legal protections of marriage, applicable only to same sex couples, and solely to exclude them from equal protection of the law.
It seems you still have no valid argument.
There are a LOT of fools here.

You are correct on every point, although I disagree that Poly is that big a step, I personally donít think it will advance because it simply does not have broad public support as same sex marriage currently has.

In a decade or so, we may seem some actual movement on it... but that is just opinion.

However same sex marriage has board public support now, and broad bossiness support, they have the support, the legal teams, and the political clout to make this happen, and it is.

This is going very very well

I donít expect some broad sweeping ruling from the supreme court, just another incremental step or two in the right direction.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#195777 Jun 13, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool because a growing number of Americans oppose Southern Baptists
Prove it dedicated atheist religious boy! Or did you make that up too>
liar boy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#195778 Jun 13, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your response to my comment you call me a "bigot" and a "fruitloop" (sic). Just because I have nothing better to do, I'm curious; how do you reconcile your supposed stance against bigotry while using a derogatory word to describe a gay person?
Ad hominem fruitcake. You are changing the subject because you lost the argument. Relax power trooper and discuss marriage equality.

You were being bigoted against a form of marriage you don't like, remember? Please continue. You were saying those that support marriage equality have no credibility. Expand on that. Why do you believe that if you're not a hypocrite?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#195779 Jun 13, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it dedicated atheist religious boy! Or did you make that up too>
liar boy?
Big D's lies are coming in hot and heavy lately. He's under pressure, he gets worse.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#195780 Jun 13, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a LOT of fools here.
You are correct on every point, although I disagree that Poly is that big a step, I personally donít think it will advance because it simply does not have broad public support as same sex marriage currently has.
In a decade or so, we may seem some actual movement on it... but that is just opinion.
However same sex marriage has board public support now, and broad bossiness support, they have the support, the legal teams, and the political clout to make this happen, and it is.
This is going very very well
I donít expect some broad sweeping ruling from the supreme court, just another incremental step or two in the right direction.
"bossiness support". Too funny! It sure does in your case.

I notice you have softened your estimates of the amount of support for polygamy from "little to none" to "not as broad as SSM" Thank Frankie for your enlightenment. Again.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#195781 Jun 13, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it dedicated atheist religious boy! Or did you make that up too>
liar boy?
Nope, you have to read actual news.

Religion is on the decline in general in the US, has been for quite a while.
laughing man

UK

#195782 Jun 13, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think your kind is more a vegetable. It doesn't take a lot of smarts to hang curtains, french kiss dogs on television, lurk around truck stop bathrooms, and destroy public parks for the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way 11 hr hemetone 2
any Gay guys In San Jacinto 17 hr Wyd700 4
Officials: Missing Dog Was Dyed to Deceive Sun Parden Pard 3
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... Sat mary 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Dec 20 gmaliscious 6
Hemet - The worst city to live in california Dec 20 Joe Hemet 13
MenifeeRELIGION NOTES: Church to celebrate cent... Dec 19 Gerald Vonberger 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match