Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,167

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193909 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you realize that while I will pass on, there will always be near senile old men with common sense stepping up to the denial pile? That's just simple common sense!
But there will be fewer and fewer and fewer of you until you guys finally just shut up and let other people live there lives.

When I grew up it was not uncommon to hear people use the "N" word freely. But as time has passed, those old racists, the ones who felt free to say whatever popped into their heads, have died off.

They've been replaced by people who won't tolerated it.

Same thing is happening to the world's views on homosexuality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193910 May 30, 2013
Looks like Old Swiftyboater Bill has awoken from his drunken stupor and has resumed rigging the judge-its.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193911 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a question... How do you protect the LGBT community from a near, senile old man, who has no scientific or legal knowledge, just good old common sense?
I think the answer might seem a little distasteful, but the way you protect the LGBT community from a near senile old man is to wait for him to pass on to the next level.
I may die tonight. But there are millions of LGBT people on the planet who are unwilling to go hide away in the closet. On the other hand, as the older folks are dying off, more and more young people are filling in their space. And this younger generation is much better educated and don't have the same fears of homosexuality as folks like you.
They'll be here long after old, near senile men are nothing but a BITTER memory.
You're getting an early start.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193912 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you get that from what I said?
See, that's what I'm talking about... You're always going up the ass of somebody. You are obsessed with the male ass.
And you're angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193913 May 30, 2013
Xmas Card List wrote:
Republicans are still running around looking for a ghost, sorry Charlie's.
Remember when the STUPID republicans wasted 6-months investigating a Christmas Card list?
Of the Clintons?
Yep leave it to stupid republicans to waste tie and money@.
I'm sure you're feeling upset and a bit guilty now that Obama is deeply involved in 3 different scandals but bringing up irrelevant old history won't detract anyone for very long if at all.
sheesh

Herndon, VA

#193914 May 30, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I struck a nerve, as always.
I'm laughing at you, Brainiac.
More unintentional hilarity belched forth from pliohyaena.
sheesh

Herndon, VA

#193915 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Aye, we can continue to prove that mediocrity, stupidity, and intelligence (occasionally) occurs with parties of all variety at similar frequencies.
sheesh

Herndon, VA

#193916 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Does a lesbian trapped in a straight man count?
When does one escape 8th grade comedy material?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193917 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite any studies that would back up your claims?
See, when I got my master's degree in Clinical Social Work, we did talk about child sexual abuse. And do you know the one distinguishing characteristic of child sexual predators? Almost all sexual predators were victims of child sex abuse themselves.
It had nothing to do with their orientation.
Gay men like gay MEN. We aren't interested in children any more than heterosexual men are interested in little girls.
Gay men like a fully developed man, just like heterosexual men like fully developed women.
Child sexual predators are typically attracted to prepubescent kids. It's youth that they are attracted to; not so much gender. And like rapists, their acts are largely based on anger, control, and dominance.
As a social worker I was taught to look for certain behaviors and dynamics when dealing with kids who came to the ER with suspicious and certain types of injuries.
I've dealt with kids who were the victims of sex abuse. I've worked with a few child sex offenders.
I once worked for a mobile psychiatric crisis unit. I was called to a local jail where a man was being held for molesting his granddaughter. He was going to go before a judge to have his bail set. He was not someone who most would believe to be a pedophile. He had a good job. He was married. He had an advanced degree. And he was an active church-goer. But his granddaughter developed an unexplained rash between her legs. She was just old enough to tell her mother that her "papaw" had his face in her lap. He had left "beard burn" on her skin.
Anyhow, I was called out to see him because he became suicidal. It wasn't uncommon for a criminal to claim to be suicidal. For one thing, if they could convince you that they were suicidal, then they got to leave general population and go to the medical ward or to a protective cell. If they were truly suicidal, then they might even be transferred from jail completely and taken to a locked psychiatric unit.
I met with this guy for over an hour. He didn't have a history of suicidal behavior. He wasn't hearing voices that were commanding him to kill himself. He didn't have ready access to lethal means of killing himself. So, I assessed him to be "safe".
I recommended that he be placed on suicide precautions (checked every 15 minutes), have his shoes, sheets, and prison jumpsuit removed (he would be given paper clothing).
This guy talked for quite a while about his own sexual abuse as a kid. It was a family friend. He had been abused for many years.
But you know the one thing that really stuck out to me as I interviewed him? Not one time did he say, "I should never have touched her." Not once did he express contempt for his actions. He seemed to have no guilt over the charges that had been filed against him.
Rather, he seemed upset that he was caught. He was upset that he would not be able to work again. He was upset that he was going to lose his house--his wife--his children. He was afraid that he might be hurt by another inmate while he was in jail. He was even afraid of the staff.
The more I talked to him, the more I begin to get the suspicion that his attorney had put him up to threatening suicide as a legal maneuver. Anything he told me was inadmissible due to patient confidentiality laws. But I figure he and his attorney believed that the courts might go easier on him if he were so "ill" that he needed to be locked in a mental hospital.
The dynamics involved in an adult who preys on children are much different than an adult who is attracted to another adult. For starters, there's the issue of mutual attraction. Then there is consent. There is the notion of having a long-term relationship with a person. These things aren't present when a pedophile goes after a kid.
Wow! Cool story. I'm real proud of you.

But you're telling me this because...?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193918 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite any studies that would back up your claims?
See, when I got my master's degree in Clinical Social Work, we did talk about child sexual abuse. And do you know the one distinguishing characteristic of child sexual predators? Almost all sexual predators were victims of child sex abuse themselves.
It had nothing to do with their orientation.
Gay men like gay MEN. We aren't interested in children any more than heterosexual men are interested in little girls.
Gay men like a fully developed man, just like heterosexual men like fully developed women.
Child sexual predators are typically attracted to prepubescent kids. It's youth that they are attracted to; not so much gender. And like rapists, their acts are largely based on anger, control, and dominance.
As a social worker I was taught to look for certain behaviors and dynamics when dealing with kids who came to the ER with suspicious and certain types of injuries.
I've dealt with kids who were the victims of sex abuse. I've worked with a few child sex offenders.
I once worked for a mobile psychiatric crisis unit. I was called to a local jail where a man was being held for molesting his granddaughter. He was going to go before a judge to have his bail set. He was not someone who most would believe to be a pedophile. He had a good job. He was married. He had an advanced degree. And he was an active church-goer. But his granddaughter developed an unexplained rash between her legs. She was just old enough to tell her mother that her "papaw" had his face in her lap. He had left "beard burn" on her skin.
Anyhow, I was called out to see him because he became suicidal. It wasn't uncommon for a criminal to claim to be suicidal. For one thing, if they could convince you that they were suicidal, then they got to leave general population and go to the medical ward or to a protective cell. If they were truly suicidal, then they might even be transferred from jail completely and taken to a locked psychiatric unit.
I met with this guy for over an hour. He didn't have a history of suicidal behavior. He wasn't hearing voices that were commanding him to kill himself. He didn't have ready access to lethal means of killing himself. So, I assessed him to be "safe".
I recommended that he be placed on suicide precautions (checked every 15 minutes), have his shoes, sheets, and prison jumpsuit removed (he would be given paper clothing).
This guy talked for quite a while about his own sexual abuse as a kid. It was a family friend. He had been abused for many years.
But you know the one thing that really stuck out to me as I interviewed him? Not one time did he say, "I should never have touched her." Not once did he express contempt for his actions. He seemed to have no guilt over the charges that had been filed against him.
Rather, he seemed upset that he was caught. He was upset that he would not be able to work again. He was upset that he was going to lose his house--his wife--his children. He was afraid that he might be hurt by another inmate while he was in jail. He was even afraid of the staff.
The more I talked to him, the more I begin to get the suspicion that his attorney had put him up to threatening suicide as a legal maneuver. Anything he told me was inadmissible due to patient confidentiality laws. But I figure he and his attorney believed that the courts might go easier on him if he were so "ill" that he needed to be locked in a mental hospital.
The dynamics involved in an adult who preys on children are much different than an adult who is attracted to another adult. For starters, there's the issue of mutual attraction. Then there is consent. There is the notion of having a long-term relationship with a person. These things aren't present when a pedophile goes after a kid.
WOW! Cool story. I'm real proud of you. But you're telling me this because....?
Cards are listed

Covina, CA

#193920 May 30, 2013
Those completely stupid Republicans are still running around looking for a ghost, sorry Charlie's.

Remember when the STUPID republicans wasted 6-months investigating a Christmas Card list?

Of the Clintons?

Yep leave it to stupid republicans to waste tie and money@.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193923 May 31, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
just getting started? Honey, you were finished ages ago.
Maybe so, but this will always exist;

A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile pointless gender duplicated half of marriage.

A piece of paper can't change that.

Location hidden

#193924 May 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
Defending the violent anal violation of a gay kid.
Brings a whole new meaning to social worker...
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you get that from what I said?
See, that's what I'm talking about... You're always going up the ass of somebody. You are obsessed with the male ass.
By your own words, easing the way for gay kids.

Metaphorically speaking, you are right about me always going up the ass of someone. We aren't talking metaphorically about you though, are we.

Location hidden

#193925 May 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you realize that while I will pass on, there will always be near senile old men with common sense stepping up to the denial pile? That's just simple common sense!
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
But there will be fewer and fewer and fewer of you until you guys finally just shut up and let other people live there lives.
When I grew up it was not uncommon to hear people use the "N" word freely. But as time has passed, those old racists, the ones who felt free to say whatever popped into their heads, have died off.
They've been replaced by people who won't tolerated it.
Same thing is happening to the world's views on homosexuality.
Hate to disappoint you,

but one, the baby boomer generation isn't about to wind down.

Two, history shows that every time homosexuality becomes open, the society ends.

Location hidden

#193926 May 31, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
When does one escape 8th grade comedy material?
For men, never.

However, I was not joking.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#193927 May 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but this will always exist;
A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile pointless gender duplicated half of marriage.
A piece of paper can't change that.
Delightfully stated, for the millionth time.

Still your opinions have no bearing on my big gay SSM. Still legally and civilly married, much to your chagrin.

Knoxville, TN

#193928 May 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
Defending the violent anal violation of a gay kid.
Brings a whole new meaning to social worker...
<quoted text>
By your own words, easing the way for gay kids.
Metaphorically speaking, you are right about me always going up the ass of someone. We aren't talking metaphorically about you though, are we.
"Easing the way for gay kids" has NOTHING to do with sex, you perv. It means allowing them to develop in a normal, age appropriate manner--just like heterosexual kids do.

Get your senile mind out of the gutter.

Knoxville, TN

#193929 May 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hate to disappoint you,
but one, the baby boomer generation isn't about to wind down.
Two, history shows that every time homosexuality becomes open, the society ends.
Oh really? So every society that is currently supporting LGBT rights is going to fail? That means just about every single first-world nation is going to fail.

I've got news for you, Bub. If our nation fails, it's not going to be because of homosexuality. It's going to be because we're pissing off the rest of the world by using them for cheap and dangerous labor. It's going to be because of our dependence on oil. It's going to be because of financial issues.

I'd LOVE to see your pseudoscientific proof that every society that has embraced homosexuality has failed. Go for it...
sheesh

Woodbridge, VA

#193930 May 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For men, never.
ITYM for immature men, never.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>However, I was not joking.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn nnnnnnnnnnnn
sheesh

Woodbridge, VA

#193931 May 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>

I'd LOVE to see your pseudoscientific proof that every society that has embraced homosexuality has failed. Go for it...
He doesn't need proof. He's got his convictions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption with Riverside county CPS 2 hr gmaliscious 6
Hemet - The worst city to live in california 5 hr Joe Hemet 13
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way 6 hr Joe Hemet 1
Marinello Schools of Beauty in Hemet is a Rip... (Jan '11) Fri fairplay 6
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Fri SJ THEBOy 9
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... Fri Chris 2
bums on bikes Thu kmnine 5

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match