Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
168,881 - 168,900 of 200,578 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Covina is a spun out post monkey.
Maybe I was wrong. Maybe it's the smiley monkey. There's been a lot of button pushing in the last thirty minutes (3:50pm PDT)
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>Back up, Q-Bert, If I just got done telling the real Bruno he can't have me, why would you think that you can?
Poor ol' Rock. Done gone gay 'cause of his failure as a real man.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the history lesson, I had that one mixed up with Loving V Virginia, it was late...
Easy targets or not, You lost your cookies at a simple taunt. It was beautiful. You seem to sweat a lot. It was all you, baby.
:-D
Thanks for the laugh...
Anyway, you should give some consideration to supporting the polygamists, before you use the same arguments against them, that you despise being used against your lot, it makes you look biased and hypocritical, in addition to easily provoked...
See, that's the thing with you and some of the others on here. You think that this is some kind of a joke.

"Hey! Let's go over to TOPIX and fuck with the gay people! We don't actually give a rat's ass about same-sex marriage, but maybe we can REALLY piss them off!" And then I figure you burp, fart, and scratch your insignificant testicles.

This issue is serious to us. It's about our lives.

It's pretty easy to diminish our feelings about the issue when YOU already have the access to the rights and protections of marriage.

Regarding polygamy: they have the same access to the court systems, political process, educating the masses, etc. that we do. If they want to seek rights for legal marriage, there's nothing stopping them.

As I've said many times, they do not threaten me. I am not afraid of polygamy being legalized. It would not impact my life in any way.

You guys, on the other hand, fear something about same-sex marriage. It's either that or you're just fucking around with us--poking fun at the queers. Making our lives just a little bit more difficult because you can.

I won't apologize for being passionate about this issue. I've gotten in the face of MANY people over this issue. When the Proposition 8 was announced I RAN down to San Francisco's City Hall, where I knew there would be OUTRAGED people like me.

I was confronted with some rube, who was wagging his Bible in my face--telling me about Leviticus. I grabbed the Bible out of his hands and went straight to the passages in Leviticus that outlawed shellfish. I then screamed at him, "WHY DON'T YOU GO DOWN TO RED LOBSTER AND PROTEST THEM?!?" He walked away and disappeared into the crowd.

I have put many hours into fighting for this cause. And when I am confronted with ignorance such as yours, I will address it every time.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing worse than a fat, 6'5", 250 lb queer. I feel sorry for the underage teen boys you troll for at your local mall.
Please, bitch... I've been insulted by better.
Seeds

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Ladies this is a prime example of what SIMPLE MINDED and or stupid Republican MEN and Party wants you females to do:

Texas Republican Congressman: Woman Shouldn't Have Aborted Brain-dead Fetus.

Lets jam a watermelon up his rear and watch him squirm?
Closet Watch

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor ol' Rock. Done gone gay 'cause of his failure as a real man.
Awwwwww, you used the GLAAD Slogan of The DayŠ.
langers

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a tried and true way to bring way to bring down a bigger opponent. You'd be surprised at some of the ways that can be accomplished.
Sounds sorta homosexual the way you say that.
Are you slow?
Your photo looks like you have mental issues.
Drama Queen Watch

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's the thing with you and some of the others on here. You think that this is some kind of a joke.
Trust us, drama queen, we're serious about you Caligulas and your evil bread and circuses.

But since you're a Protected Species, coddled by crooked governments and the Lowest Common Denominator, there's not a lot we can do except hammer you with a keyboard.
WvBnns

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And the G.I. Bill allowed me to get an education and become a scientist, my dream.
a scientist. lol!! too funny, too stupid!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hey! Let's go over to TOPIX and fuck with the gay people! We don't actually give a rat's ass about same-sex marriage, but maybe we can REALLY piss them off!" And then I figure you burp, fart, and scratch your insignificant testicles.
It's pretty easy to diminish our feelings about the issue when YOU already have the access to the rights and protections of marriage.
Regarding polygamy: they have the same access to the court systems, political process, educating the masses, etc. that we do. If they want to seek rights for legal marriage, there's nothing stopping them.
As I've said many times, they do not threaten me. I am not afraid of polygamy being legalized. It would not impact my life in any way.
You guys, on the other hand, fear something about same-sex marriage. It's either that or you're just fucking around with us--poking fun at the queers. Making our lives just a little bit more difficult because you can.
I won't apologize for being passionate about this issue. I've gotten in the face of MANY people over this issue. When the Proposition 8 was announced I RAN down to San Francisco's City Hall, where I knew there would be OUTRAGED people like me.
I was confronted with some rube, who was wagging his Bible in my face--telling me about Leviticus. I grabbed the Bible out of his hands and went straight to the passages in Leviticus that outlawed shellfish. I then screamed at him, "WHY DON'T YOU GO DOWN TO RED LOBSTER AND PROTEST THEM?!?" He walked away and disappeared into the crowd.
I have put many hours into fighting for this cause. And when I am confronted with ignorance such as yours, I will address it every time.
What is the point then? If everyone has a "right" to have their personal intimate consenting sexual adult relationship called marriage by the state, why bother licensing it at all? Why does it matter who marries who, or doesn't marry who?
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you swallow other guys loads as part of your "lovemaking" shows just what an abomination you and your ilk are. And you didn't run down to city hall.

You swished, swayed, and pranced.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, bitch... I've been insulted by better.
??? Just what did your father say to you??

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have been sending me a "message", but what you showed me is that you are a highly volatile mix of raw emotion and sensitivity. You sound dangerous. Do you get in peoples faces for looking at you? Do you experience "Road Rage" at awkward times? Or, cry at inappropriate times? How far has your rage taken you? Most of us use intellect and skills to go through life. You've threatened and yelled to get what you want? Hmmm.... You might really need some therapy. All joking aside...
All joking aside, I can take care of myself. I've done it for a very long time. And I'm about as dangerous as anybody when they're pushed.

I guess I do come from a family of volatile people. A few of my relatives are in state penitentiaries. When I was growing up, when somebody died, we always had somebody who was present in shackles and handcuffs with a guard in tow.

I was able to direct my energy into more positive avenues. I went to college, then got my graduate degree--second to graduate from college and first to hold a master's degree. Since then I've been working in hospitals, helping people who have had major medical problems--illnesses or accidents. Typically, these are people who can't return to their homes. They need either short-term or long-term help. Most of them aren't ready to accept their new limitations, so I spend a good deal of time helping them to understand their reality. Then there are the abuse victims, gunshot wounds, cancer patients, etc.; plus their families. If you want to see a family dynamic really fall apart or really rally together, throw a major medical problem their way.

Early on, I spent most of my time as a social worker, dealing with floridly psychotic people. I went out with police officers and helped talk people down from bridges or helped with hostage situations.

On a somewhat lighter note, I was once called out in the middle of the night by the police department. They had been called by a husband whose wife had stopped her medicines. She was VERY bipolar. She had become enraged at her husband. She was very paranoid--believed that he was cheating on her with Dolly Parton.

I walked into the house and could hear this woman screaming at the top of her lungs--using words that I hadn't heard before.

It was a nice neighborhood--not the typical place where I usually went. Most of the places where I went were housing projects or homeless shelters. But this house was very nice.

The place had been destroyed. Lamps were broken. Furniture had been overturned. A window was shattered. And there was dirt everywhere.

My job was to evaluate this woman and determine if she needed to be hospitalized by way of commitment--against her will. Looking around, it seemed fairly obvious that she met the criteria of being a "danger to self and others".

I saw her and tried to speak to her. She was hysterical. She wasn't making any sense. I couldn't get a word in edgewise.

As I spoke to her husband, I just couldn't stop focusing on all of the dirt in what was probably a normally immaculate house.

Finally, my curiosity got the better of me. I asked her husband, "Where did all of this dirt come from?" I mean it looked like someone had come in with about five or six, 20 pound bags of dirt.

He took me into the dining room and pointed at a bunch of empty, large flower pots. Then he pointed to several plants that had been uprooted by his wife.

Apparently she had become so enraged that she ripped the plants out of the pot and had been using them like a bat, trying to hit her husband.

I almost laughed out loud when I saw what kind of plants they were. They were "peace" lilies. They had been used in anything but a peaceful means that night.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you swallow other guys loads as part of your "lovemaking" shows just what an abomination you and your ilk are. And you didn't run down to city hall.
You swished, swayed, and pranced.
The more of your posts I read, the more I wish your mama would have swallowed your daddy's load the night you were conceived.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point then? If everyone has a "right" to have their personal intimate consenting sexual adult relationship called marriage by the state, why bother licensing it at all? Why does it matter who marries who, or doesn't marry who?
Well, apparently it matters to you straight people, because you seem to have a death-grip on it. You want to withhold rights and protections from same-gender couples.

If you want to start a movement to withdraw all rights and protections afforded through marriage, be my guest. I'm pretty sure you're not going to find much support.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Drama Queen Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust us, drama queen, we're serious about you Caligulas and your evil bread and circuses.
But since you're a Protected Species, coddled by crooked governments and the Lowest Common Denominator, there's not a lot we can do except hammer you with a keyboard.
Kind of like spitting into the wind, isn't it?
Jullips

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Ladies this is a prime example of what SIMPLE MINDED and or stupid Republican MEN and the Party wants you females to do:

Texas Republican 2013 Congressman said: Woman Shouldn't Have Aborted Brain-dead Fetus.

Lets jam a watermelon up his rear and watch him squirm?
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like spitting into the wind, isn't it?
Actually, it's more like you don't know when to shut up and stop the bleeding.

Trust us, sugah, we are not impressed by your "decadence to the death" routine.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear the one about the gay cowboy?
No...

Do you know how many gay men it takes to screw in a light bulb?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes two. One to call the electrician the other to mix the cocktails.
No... It takes 9 gay men to change a light bulb. One to change the bulb and 8 to yell "FABULOUS!!!" when it's done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr facts faced 15,929
McDonalds Tue tye 1 4
EBT Cards Tue TellThem 3
HEMET: Confusion over write-in votes cleared up (Nov '12) Tue Teabag Sanchez 10
Home Wrecker Mon mad mom 6
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••