Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,412)

Showing posts 168,221 - 168,240 of200,231
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chris Coe

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
Most people also have the intelligence of toenail clippings. I find it almost impossible to believe that someone would lean on the collective stupidity of a race of beings to bolster a desperate viewpoint.
Libtard Watch

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.
I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.
We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".
It's not an idea that I agree with.
You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
Stop the hate!!!!

unless they have a differing point of view....
protest sign

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
bigotry and hatred.
Slogans make the girly-man!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Libtard Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop the hate!!!!
unless they have a differing point of view....
Celebrate diversity! Except if they disagree with you. Then they are not diverse.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you here Big D before you get all frustrated and angry and start lying and pulling all your usual silly dishonest nonsense.
He's saying that they aren't real marriages. He's not saying they don't exist.
OK! Always ask for help. Remember. There are no dumb posts, only dumbass posters!
I donít need help, from someone that has no clue what is being said.

I am correcting the moron that his personal opinion counts no more than my opinion of his marriage... a legal zero

there are indeed same sex marriages no matter how tightly his ( or your ) eyes are shut. It doesnít matter who likes it or doesnít.

His personal opinion of their marriages matter no more than my opinion of his marriage, which I promise you is as low as his opinion of theirs.

He keeps stating something that is 100% wrong, and I will happily correct him ( and you ) every time.

I grant you that he will never ever get the point ( nor will you ) but the fact remains a fact.

Unless he is advocating that the legal definition of marriage is now an individual choiceÖ Not an outcome he has been advocating.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am correcting the moron that his personal opinion counts no more than my opinion of his marriage... a legal zero
there are indeed same sex marriages no matter how tightly his ( or your ) eyes are shut. It doesnít matter who likes it or doesnít.
His personal opinion of their marriages matter no more than my opinion of his marriage, which I promise you is as low as his opinion of theirs.
He keeps stating something that is 100% wrong, and I will happily correct him ( and you ) every time.
I grant you that he will never ever get the point ( nor will you ) but the fact remains a fact.
Unless he is advocating that the legal definition of marriage is now an individual choiceÖ Not an outcome he has been advocating.
I still don't get it. Explain it better.

Too funny!
kindergarten cop

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In my truth, my reality, I'm smarter than you!!!!

And don't you forget it!!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Marriage is a legal contract that legally joins two people's lives together.
Marriage is a legal contract that recognizes a man and woman as husband and wife, at leaf in 32 states.
2.) The legal marriage of two people is not predicated on their ability or plans to have children.
That is true, however the law recognizes the sexual nature of the male female relationship, and its procreative potential.
3.) The vast majority of marriages in this country are based on the love and long term commitment of two individuals; whether they are opposite-gender or same-gender couples.
The motivations as to why people marry does not change the state's recognition of marriage as a sexual union of husband and wife, and it's potential to procreate. The state has a vested interest in privileging that relationship above all others for that reason.
4.) Sterility is a term given to people who cannot have children.
True.
5.) Straight and gay individuals are capable of having children, either through adoption or through in vitro processes.

A couple is either of the opposite sex, or same sex. Couples can be of mixed orientation. A man cannot "have" a child, he can father a child, or adopt a child. A woman who uses ART, still must involve the opposite sex.

[QUOTE]
6.) You continue to lie, distort, and bore others when you say that "ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage".
How so? A same sex couple cannot sexually reproduce with each other, they must involve someone of the opposite sex.
7.) If you want to argue against same-gender marriage, you're going to have to come up with something that is believable and based in reality.
As in biological reality?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

kindergarten cop wrote:
<quoted text>
If your opinion differs from his, then you "have no clue" is what I think Big D is trying to convince us.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract that recognizes a man and woman as husband and wife, at leaf in 32 states.
32 and dropping

California will likely drop off this year, if not it will drop off in the next election cycle.

Nevada is now in play to drop off your list in the next election cycle

Oregon has made the first moves to remove thier ban also

There are probably others I am not aware of yet.

Used to be 50 states that did not recognize same sex marriage, now 32 and dropping.

I suspect before the next presidential election it will be half or less

Justice, freedom and equality are winning, ignorance, hatred and tynary are losing.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

kindergarten cop wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit it right on the point... thanks :)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
32 and dropping
California will likely drop off this year, if not it will drop off in the next election cycle.
Nevada is now in play to drop off your list in the next election cycle
Oregon has made the first moves to remove thier ban also
There are probably others I am not aware of yet.
Used to be 50 states that did not recognize same sex marriage, now 32 and dropping.
I suspect before the next presidential election it will be half or less
Justice, freedom and equality are winning, ignorance, hatred and tynary are losing.
My balls dropped many years ago.
kindergarten cop

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit it right on the point... thanks :)
Yeah, your reality begins and ends at the sphincter. Literally.
The sphincter will lift Civilization to the next level!!!!
a real intellectual

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
2.) The legal marriage of two people is not predicated on their ability or plans to have children.
People are denied the "right" to marry their mother or their niece or (in many states) their cousin precisely because of the chance, and inherent risks, of procreation.

Disingenuous homosexists will twist any fact in order to propagandize the general populace into giving torn and bleeding sphincters a special status.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

kindergarten cop wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, your reality begins and ends at the sphincter. Literally.
The sphincter will lift Civilization to the next level!!!!
LMAO!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you call me one?
You and Rev Ken are one and the same? I didn't know that.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said. As Christianity continues to lose members, ignorance and hatred will contine to as well.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
5.) Straight and gay individuals are capable of having children, either through adoption or through in vitro processes.
My gay cousin and his boy friend have a son and they did it the old fashioned way with a close female friend of theirs. They do not want to know which one of them is the father having taken turns several times each it could be either of them; they wish it to remain a mystery, however it is obvious which one it is just by looking at the son.
just wondering

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text> ignorance
Prove that you're actually "enlightened". Give scientific data, unencumbered by dogma and "consensus" which is bought and paid for via the United Nations and/or various corrupt individual governments who smells the Crisco and legislates acordingly.

"A certain segment of the population agrees with me!" will not be acceptable.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said. As Christianity continues to lose members, ignorance and hatred will contine to as well.
Hate just isnt selling as well as it used to

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,221 - 168,240 of200,231
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Waterfalls (May '09) 32 min hiker2 14
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Brian_G 4,863
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr sloading 7,817
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 18 hr The right is wrong 2,225
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) Sat Becki Fire 5
Why is hemet racist ?!? Sat Becki Fire 26
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE