Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
168,101 - 168,120 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo! Well said...."....wary of this tremendous social change and rightly so....". That's just it!
Bravo? This guy keeps saying that he supports polygamy and same-sex marriage. Do you agree with him?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that you have homosexual tendencies? Read it yourself, then prove it wrong! www.biblegateway.com
The Bible is an collection of ancient Jewish puppet plays.

GOD: 2 Kings 18:27, "...that they may eat their own dung and drink their own pisss with you..."

God was joking KeS, you can stop eating and drinking now.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
Oh, you don't have to if you do not want to obey.
You don't obey because you hate God and give him the finger:

For hundreds of years biblicists have been lecturing people on the importance of adhering to the Bible's teachings on ethics, manners, and morality. They quote Jesus and Paul profusely, with a liberal sprinkling of Old Testament moralisms. The problem with their approach lies not only in an oft-noted failure to practice what they preach, but an equally pronounced tendency to ignore what the Bible itself, preaches. Biblicists practice what can only be described as "selective morality". What they like, they expound; what they don't like, they ignore, even though the validity or strength of one is no less than that of the other. That which is palatable and acceptable is supposedly applicable to all; while that which is obnoxious, inconvenient, or self-denying is only applicable to those addresed 2,000 years ago. They enjoy quoting the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and some of Paul's preachings, for example, but don't pretend to heed other, equally valid, maxims. The following examples show the selectivity of apologetic morality.

First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Knee Roe wrote:
Wherever homosexuals appear in large numbers, a society soon fails. There are no exceptions.
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

If the shoe fits...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to realize and accept is that a larger population was using dirty underhanded tricks to stop blacks from exercising their rights.
Women went through a similar thing when they wanted to be equal to their husbands and exercise their right to vote.
Now homosexuals want the government to protect their right to engage in peaceful conduct with other consenting adults.
And slavery is a Christian thing, and the Bible tells us women are as much below their husbands as the husband is below Jesus, you pew warmers are afraid you are going to lose on homosexuality as well.
Well, yes, you ARE going to lose.
After homosexuality is as accepted as blacks are accepted and women continue to vote KKKristians have nothing left to lose. Nothing, you have lost it all.
And I tell you, I am happy to be a part of hammering nails into the christian coffin.
What you fail to realize is that I am not a Christian, I support same sex marriage and you are an idiot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
If the shoe fits...
Shove it up your ass!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't obey because you hate God and give him the finger:
For hundreds of years biblicists have been lecturing people on the importance of adhering to the Bible's teachings on ethics, manners, and morality. They quote Jesus and Paul profusely, with a liberal sprinkling of Old Testament moralisms. The problem with their approach lies not only in an oft-noted failure to practice what they preach, but an equally pronounced tendency to ignore what the Bible itself, preaches. Biblicists practice what can only be described as "selective morality". What they like, they expound; what they don't like, they ignore, even though the validity or strength of one is no less than that of the other. That which is palatable and acceptable is supposedly applicable to all; while that which is obnoxious, inconvenient, or self-denying is only applicable to those addresed 2,000 years ago. They enjoy quoting the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and some of Paul's preachings, for example, but don't pretend to heed other, equally valid, maxims. The following examples show the selectivity of apologetic morality.
First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)
Relax fruitloops.
girly mann

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text> Mann Coulter
It's not misogyny when WE do it!!!!
G mann

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

No worries your still alive and well.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

girly mann wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not misogyny when WE do it!!!!
Excellent post.
SourDoug

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Munchies are always in step.
hallelujah

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
And still, not one rational argument against gay marriage. If you are against gay marriage, it's because of bigotry. Pure and simple.
How is your wife, NorCal Native? Did you enjoy the beach?
hallelujah

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made that up. You can't come up with a single example of that happening. How would that ever work?
You kept them fooled on this forum for awhile now but everyone knows now that you are NorCal Native's wife.
under my heel

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the shoe fits...
Stiletto boy erroneously thinks that all who oppose it are churchies. Random evolution has cursed us with such a desperate loser.
hallelujah

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose NoHo I can't, for the life of me, figure out why you need so many accounts but that is how the gay cult works on topix.
hallelujah

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

I wonder how many of these accounts belong to NorCal Native and her wife.
in the know

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

hallelujah wrote:
Rose NoHo I can't, for the life of me, figure out why you need so many accounts but that is how the gay cult works on topix.
It can't be bothered with you at the moment. It's gone berserk with the smilies once again. It has the mind of a tween.
hallelujah

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops.
You are funny.
Big D

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to realize is that I am not a Christian, I support same sex marriage and you are an idiot.
You FAILED to mention you are a flaming skirt wearing queer who also enjoys show tunes and wears lipstick.
hallelujah

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

in the know wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't be bothered with you at the moment. It's gone berserk with the smilies once again. It has the mind of a tween.
Rose NoHo know as Mrs-Whitewater or NorCal Natives wife always disappears when I start posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Devin F you're my secret crush! 3 hr weird 7
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) 4 hr Riverside Dave 129
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr Fly right 4,893
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 10 hr Ace 25
Now what? Mon apt crime 8
hemet police not doing their job Mon hpd great 25
is there a hobby shop in town? (Aug '11) Mon comic store somewhere 6
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000