Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,841 - 167,860 of 200,336 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Score

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Gay & Lesbians = 51

Mormons = 0

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to have at, I am straight, father and grandfather.
[/[QUOTE]

By day that is, at night you patrol the city as Big D, scourge of rational sane people.

[QUOTE]
I am a patriot I actually believe in our nations values.
Except that whole vote on proposition thingy....then it's out the window with values.
You claim that you do not like Justice Freedom and Equality, well there are people out there that agree with you, have you considered the Taliban? They would agree with you.
As would the North Koreans for you.
A pea brain is all you have, you have already demonstrated that.
Unlike the Super Brain like you have, it dices, it slices, it Juliette fries, and it can even over rule the will of the people in a single post.
You also seem clueless as to what is happening around you, Prop 8 is going down, one way ( late June ) or the other next election.
Of course it as long as Big D can fly in to save the day....ya might want to go into a holding pattern over Washington just in case. Maybe the missus can pack an extra cape for you.
It is funny to me that you will be standing there slack jawed not comprehending what is happening, or why.
I am sure I have undressed in front of someone that was gay at one time or another, I am a veteran after all.
Not to mention a super hero. But have you every undressed in front of a lesbian....now that would be a feat.
Does not bother me in the slightest, when I was younger I was approached by people that were gay as I worked around them quite often, I informed them I was straight and thanked them for the complement. After a couple of times they must have spread the word around, as I was not approached again, but they did tell me thank you for not being upset by that. I couldnít fathom why someone would be.
Wellllll....when you walk around wearing your underwear own the out side of your tights, that's bound to happen.
But again, I am comfortable and not threatened by these people in any way whatsoever. I do pity that you are so unnerved so easily, most of us are not.
That's why you're Big D, and the rest of us are mere mortals.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Score wrote:
Gay & Lesbians = 51
Mormons = 0
Area 51? Some of them are out there....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks paisan...some of my better work. I would think I would have gotten one "funny" judge it's. even from the man himself.
These clowns have no sense of humor. Any laughs the come from them are fake, not really laughs but cheap taunts.

Big D tries to fake it with his cape schtick but he can't pull it off.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Score wrote:
Gay & Lesbians = 51
Mormons = 0
http://www.secularhumanism.org/...
dee

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

hiii

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Try and get it through your thick head I support your right to marry whoever you want. But you don't support that same right. You have said so in the past.
Now you seem to be conveniently changing your tune. Good. I hope I had some influence on making you less of a hater.
No, Iím not changing my mind because I donít have an opinion. You just have an issue with reading for comprehension. I was merely pointing out to you that I can be a hypocrite and deserve Gay Marriage Equality rights. If you can show me a post where I said that Iím against other forms of marriage Iíll eat my words, but, I donít think you can.
You say ďNo. Try and get it through your thick head I support your right to marry whoever you want.Ē. So why is it that you predominantly berate Gay Rights supporters for being hypocritical? Why do you tolerate the inane posts from ÖÖ well you know who they are? Your bias toward Gay Marriage supporters makes you seem insincere.
Besides, do you really think there would be legal Gay Marriage in 13 states (soon to 50) if we fought for all forms of marriage. Really Frank, where do you think the line should be drawn to achieve tangible results? Youíre boiling down the fact that Gay Americans have a focused goal to trite words like hypocrite, fruitloops, dopey, too wordy an oy vey, yet you expect to be believed as being sincere.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthfully, I donít care (one way or the other) about any other marriage rights than those for Gay Americans. Iíve never posted my opinion on other forms of marriage, because, I donít care. Do you get it, I donít care? If you want to call me a hypocrite, go ahead, I donít care. You donít make me mad, I find you to be quite silly most of the time. Answer me this, if there is no Gay Marriage and no other legal form of marriage but that between one man and one woman, do you think thatís fair?
Finally some honesty from the Bacon, Lettuce, Guacamole, and Tomato sandwich crowd. Thanks Marram. Alas life is not fair, laws aren't always enacted, or maintained based on what one considers to be "fair". So, I ask you, knowing full well,you don't care, is it fair to favor monogamous marriage over polygamous?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
These clowns have no sense of humor. Any laughs the come from them are fake, not really laughs but cheap taunts.
Big D tries to fake it with his cape schtick but he can't pull it off.
I think we need another "judge it" icon. There's one for funny, how about one for witty, or smart Alec?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Iím not changing my mind because I donít have an opinion. You just have an issue with reading for comprehension. I was merely pointing out to you that I can be a hypocrite and deserve Gay Marriage Equality rights. If you can show me a post where I said that Iím against other forms of marriage Iíll eat my words, but, I donít think you can.
You say ďNo. Try and get it through your thick head I support your right to marry whoever you want.Ē. So why is it that you predominantly berate Gay Rights supporters for being hypocritical? Why do you tolerate the inane posts from ÖÖ well you know who they are? Your bias toward Gay Marriage supporters makes you seem insincere.
Besides, do you really think there would be legal Gay Marriage in 13 states (soon to 50) if we fought for all forms of marriage. Really Frank, where do you think the line should be drawn to achieve tangible results? Youíre boiling down the fact that Gay Americans have a focused goal to trite words like hypocrite, fruitloops, dopey, too wordy an oy vey, yet you expect to be believed as being sincere.
All well and good, but does it matter, if before SSM is legal nationwide, some form of legal polygamy appears in a state, even if ordered by a judge? Will there come a time, when it becomes pointless? At what point does the state withdraw from legal marriage, or choose not to legally recognize it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that whole vote on proposition thingy....then it's out the window with values.
<quoted text>
As would the North Koreans for you.
<quoted text>
Unlike the Super Brain like you have, it dices, it slices, it Juliette fries, and it can even over rule the will of the people in a single post.
<quoted text>
Of course it as long as Big D can fly in to save the day....ya might want to go into a holding pattern over Washington just in case. Maybe the missus can pack an extra cape for you.
<quoted text>
Not to mention a super hero. But have you every undressed in front of a lesbian....now that would be a feat.
<quoted text>
Wellllll....when you walk around wearing your underwear own the out side of your tights, that's bound to happen.
<quoted text>
That's why you're Big D, and the rest of us are mere mortals.
Bravo!

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage defines a distinct relationship in all cultures.
Like other relationships, a duplicate gendered couple does not qualify. They have every right and opportunity to develop their own relationship and rights.
It's really not complicated.
Yeah, just what I thought, you donít have the balls or vagina to address my question regarding your inner lesbian. Looks like your epi-marker claptrap will have to be retired from your repertoire. Also, youíre absolutely correct (I know I canít believe Iím saying it either) we do have the right and opportunity to develop our own relationships and rights. In 13 states and counting we call it Marriage. It's really not complicated.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I berate jackasses. If it seems to you that I berate only SSM supporters, perhaps jackasses are over-represented in that group?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
All well and good, but does it matter, if before SSM is legal nationwide, some form of legal polygamy appears in a state, even if ordered by a judge? Will there come a time, when it becomes pointless? At what point does the state withdraw from legal marriage, or choose not to legally recognize it?
When marriage means everything, it will mean nothing.
KnockDown

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Sunni vs. Shia: Islam's centuries-old divide still causing bloodshed.

Because they are both crazy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When marriage means everything, it will mean nothing.
Exactly....at that point why legally recognize it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
. Also, youíre absolutely correct (I know I canít believe Iím saying it either) we do have the right and opportunity to develop our own relationships and rights. In 13 states and counting we call it Marriage. It's really not complicated.
Ya don't say....."marriage".. ...who would've thunk it.....marriage....bride and groom...husband and wife......men are from mars and women are for Venus....that kind of marriage?

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally some honesty from the Bacon, Lettuce, Guacamole, and Tomato sandwich crowd. Thanks Marram. Alas life is not fair, laws aren't always enacted, or maintained based on what one considers to be "fair". So, I ask you, knowing full well,you don't care, is it fair to favor monogamous marriage over polygamous?
Truthfully, I havenít given polygamous, incestuous or other forms of relationships much thought. With that said, I donít believe itís my right as an American citizen to have a say in others rights. Individuals desiring legalized marriage for polygamy, incest or any other form of union are within their rights as Americanís to pursue them. I donít believe that I have a responsibility to embrace rights for polygamous, incestuous or other forms of relationships in order to deserve and fight for Gay Marriage equality. Imagine how youíd feel if you were told you canít marry a woman unless you support all forms of marriage, I surmise you wouldnít be too keen on the idea.
BTW, thanks for your unintended admission that Gay Americans are being treated unfairly when it comes to Gay Marriage rights. But, weíre fixing that injustice one state at a time.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't CARE about any other form of marriage except same sex marriages, then why should any other AMERICAN care about same sex marriage.
I don't blame you for saying that you do not care, you however are a coward, because neither the gay activists or you will ever say that you do not CARE ABOUT OPPOSITE SEX MARRIAGES.
There is NO such thing as gay marriage and that is not even the issue. You don't even understand the terms.
I know your overinflated ego gets in the way, but, I donít care if you care about Gay Marriage or not. Need I remind you that 13 states and counting have legalized Gay Marriage. Weíre making it happen whether you ďcareĒ or not. I donít ďcareĒ or ďnot careĒ about opposite sex marriages and Iím not sure what point youíre trying to make. Just a hint for you, look up ad hominem, youíve got that down pat.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthfully, I havenít given polygamous, incestuous or other forms of relationships much thought. With that said, I donít believe itís my right as an American citizen to have a say in others rights. Individuals desiring legalized marriage for polygamy, incest or any other form of union are within their rights as Americanís to pursue them. I donít believe that I have a responsibility to embrace rights for polygamous, incestuous or other forms of relationships in order to deserve and fight for Gay Marriage equality. Imagine how youíd feel if you were told you canít marry a woman unless you support all forms of marriage, I surmise you wouldnít be too keen on the idea.
BTW, thanks for your unintended admission that Gay Americans are being treated unfairly when it comes to Gay Marriage rights. But, weíre fixing that injustice one state at a time.
Poly Americans are also being treated unfairly but you don't feel you have a responsibility to embrace their rights.

Well Skippy, many people don't think they have the responsibility to embrace your rights. You call them "haters".

Why are they haters but you are not a hater for doing the exact same thing they are doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 min Reality Check 15,918
the water is poison 1 hr no its not 6
GOScH Auto Group Sucks (Dec '11) 1 hr car there 33
black friday is a scam! (Nov '12) 1 hr when 5
HEMET: Steakhouse owner arrested on sexual assa... (Dec '11) 1 hr is duke open 8
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 1 hr inky dinky do 88
why is there not a tv news broadcast for rivers... 2 hr lanewssss 5
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••