Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,821 - 167,840 of 200,597 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you said that you were a gay old man an YOU HATE AMERICA. Perhaps, you should try the NETHERLANDS, they have a gang of pedophiles there. I see that you are too cowardly to debate and too ignorant to address the points.
Does it make you feel good to be fooled and be a fool?
What happens in June will simply happy? I was here when the gay judge ruled that prop 8 was unconstitutional, unlike gays, I did not riot and storm gay bars and gay bath houses. You keep bringing up the next cycle of elections,which means that you are uncertain about June.
You are indeed gay and it is clear.
So, the approach made you a homophobe and over all these years, you do not even have one gay friend, male or female.
I bet you are also a racist, no Asian or Black friends, huh. So, no gay, no blacks, no Asians, just you in your lily white KKK world.
You say that you do not know if you have undressed in front of gays, how dumb? You don't even have gay friends and you do not go to the gym with gay men that you know? You are just stupid. Do you know why most gay men never pee standing up and always go to bathroom stalls?
NO, you just proved that you are uncomfortable and unnerved by as you said "these people". No, in my case, there names are Michael, Jenny, Ana, Ptricia, June, Dave, John, Lilith, Jasmine, Chrissy, Tanya, Steve, Dave, and I could go on. They have names and they have lives, and most do not agree with the nonsense that you spew and receive as some mono gay ideology.
Did you honestly just say that gay men don't pee standing up? Do you really think that we go to stalls to pee? Are you in kindergarten? Where do you come up with this crap?

Next time you go to a public men's room, look for me. I'll be standing at the urinal, right beside you. I never go into stalls. Men's bathroom stalls are disgusting.
Puffed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Twice turned down military assistance and help (fire power).
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP DISGUST. THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE DISGUSTING.
Now, stop lying, no one is trying to stop gays from have anal penile and/or oral anal sex at home or even in the bathrooms. Why does that have to do with marriage? Nothing.
So, since opposite sex copulation is normal, do you accept sex with 2 year old kids? No, idiot, there are social boundaries.
Do you think that a marriage between two Germans should give them federal marital rights in the US? Why not, are you disgusted with foreign marriages.
So, do you think that an adult daughter and father should be allowed to marry? Why, do you think we should make laws based on what disgusts you? Grow up, your inclinations prove your disposition, and your defense of behaviors identifies what behaviors you prefer.
We do not base rights on Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin

I donít know what you are, but suspect you are in the wrong country

I see you are heading down the lame old slippery slope argument, which brands you as exactly the idiot you are.

we are done... I will enjoy watching you froth at the mouth when everything you fear smacks you in the face.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you honestly just say that gay men don't pee standing up? Do you really think that we go to stalls to pee? Are you in kindergarten? Where do you come up with this crap?
Next time you go to a public men's room, look for me. I'll be standing at the urinal, right beside you. I never go into stalls. Men's bathroom stalls are disgusting.
I am starting to think this is an "alt" of Frankie, same lame arguments and directions

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Homosexual behavior is not a race. In fact, if you use electroshock stimulus you can force many species to exhibit this behavior.
Really, it was against the law for people of different races to marry? Which states or are you claiming it was a federal law? I know the answer, but will await your answer. Don't look it up, you said it, so you must know the answer.
By the way, Richard (a white man) wanted to marry Mildred (a black woman), in the state of Virginia. They applied to marry under the legal definition of marriage as one man and one woman. The state of Virginia, like currently Minnesota, New York, etc. wanted to change the definition and cause harm in effect. Virginia did not wish to apply the law, they wanted to change it not for racial exclusion, but for black exclusion regarding marriage to all other races. The Supreme Court ruled that all citizens have a right to the fundamental institution of marriage, as one man and one woman. If Richard (a white man) had wanted to marry Michael (a black man), the marriage would have been denied.
I bet you all could be smart, if you wanted to appear as such.
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Do you understand what "sexual orientation" means?

Let me try to break it down for you. Sexual orientation deals with the gender to which you are oriented with regards to your sexual attraction.

Sexual orientation is a fairly fixed characteristic. This means that if you are attracted to members of the opposite gender when you first begin to experience attraction, then you will be attracted to that gender throughout the remainder of your life.

Scientists have determined that there is a continuum along which sexual orientation exists.

On one end you have those people who are 100% heterosexual. No matter what you do to them, no matter how much you try to make them change, they will ALWAYS be attracted to those of the opposite gender.

On the other end of the spectrum are homosexuals. The same is true for homosexuals as is true for heterosexuals. No matter what you did to me--if you tortured me, if you rewarded me, whatever you did to me, I would NEVER be sexually attracted to a woman. It's just not going to happen.

Now, between the two opposite ends are those people who land somewhere in the middle. They are considered "bisexual". These people can be attracted to both genders, depending on their own particular circumstances.

Some bisexuals lean more toward a heterosexual identity. Some bisexuals lean more toward a homosexual identity.

This is reality. This is been proven time and again by scientists who study human sexuality and attraction.

The sooner you learn to accept the presence of gays, the better off you'll be. We aren't some make-believe, fairytale creature that only exists in fiction.

Just as you might not understand how it is that I am COMPLETELY turned off by women, I do not understand how it is that you could find women sexually attractive.

This is hard-wired in my brain (where sexuality and attraction takes place).

Regarding reparative therapy... The day that a straight man changes himself into a gay man through therapy, then I'll begin to believe that it's possible. If you would like to volunteer to be "altered"--to turn yourself gay--then go for it. Show us that it can be done.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Ronald,
I know all of this. Unlike the gay side, I have researched this topic in depth. I was challenged to defend my pro-marriage position without using the Bible. I asked, so you want secular and science facts. So, I research and found lie after lie by the gay groups.
Like for instance, the secret life of the LGBT with NAMBLA is not so secret. You will discover the same leaders. From 1970 to 1994, the IGLA (gay) and NAMBLA (gay pedophiles) met as one organization. If you discover what they discussed in the meetings and the papers, you will find out that what is happening is what they had planned.
Like, most gays do not want to discuss the Matthew Shepard story, because they want the hate crime lie to stay in the minds of people like Big D who have no clue. What clue is that? Well, the killer McKinney was Matthew's gay lover and it was a robbery for drugs and money. Also, McKinney left Matthew there alive and was unaware of the condition. McKinney was on a 5 day Meth binge. Matthew Shepard lived for 5 days after the beating and died in the hospital. He actually died after a number of gay activists had visited him and slated him as their "hate crimes" poster child.
Why not Charles Mongry? I mean, perhaps an alleged Charles Mongry might have truly died from a hate crime. Matthew Shepard died in 1998, so why 15 years later do the gays only have this lie to show as the hate crimes they experience? America you are being pimped, and pimped by smart gays.
Being gay or straight is not a crime. Being a pedophile is a crime.

Pedophiles are not representative of the gay community any more than they are representative of the straight community.

Pedophiles are representative of the criminal community.

Stop trying to link gays to pedophilia. It's an asinine notion. NAMBLA is a disgusting organization. It would be just as disgusting for straight people to try to come up with an organization to justify sex with children.

Surely to GOD you're not so stupid that you can't understand this.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Look at all this trash wrote:
Notice how KiMare, Pietro Armando, and that other guy refuse to have a debate w me? They want no part of me, even after I called them out. Man it's so easy to own these caveman bigots. Funny how all seven of the world's countries that punish being gay w the death penalty are all 3rd world countries. These bigots would fit in perfectly in their thriving communities.
Ant-gay marriage = caveman, stone age neandrathals
Look at all this trash.

I doubt many non Homosexuals care one whit about what our Homosexual friends and the lesbians do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. What most people of good-will object to is revolutionary Governmental activists enshrining Homosexual behavior and lesbianism as being within official State sanctioned "standards of normalcy".

Already a coalition of California Homosexual and lesbian legislators have aligned themselves with the corrupt legal system to promote the use of scarce hard earned taxpayer money to teach Homosexuality and lesbianism to little African and other children - UNDER PENALTY OF LAW!- in the State's expensive taxpayer funded forced Government schools.

Millions of little Homosexual and non-Homosexual African babies are going to bed hungry every night. Couldn't that money be better spent?

Ronald
Reds

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

No more clowns allowed at this party.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Notice how KiMare, Pietro Armando, and that other guy refuse to have a debate w me? They want no part of me, even after I called them out. Man it's so easy to own these caveman bigots. Funny how all seven of the world's countries that punish being gay w the death penalty are all 3rd world countries. These bigots would fit in perfectly in their thriving communities.
Danth's Law
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am starting to think this is an "alt" of Frankie, same lame arguments and directions
My argument is that poly MARRIAGE deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex MARRIAGE.

Please explain why that is a "lame" argument.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hater and I am not. You are against true marriage equality. Which makes you a hypocrite.
What harm would a consensual marriage of three adult men cause you, hater?
Alright then hypocrite, you mull that over and get back to me if you're not too angry to post.
Truthfully, I donít care (one way or the other) about any other marriage rights than those for Gay Americans. Iíve never posted my opinion on other forms of marriage, because, I donít care. Do you get it, I donít care? If you want to call me a hypocrite, go ahead, I donít care. You donít make me mad, I find you to be quite silly most of the time. Answer me this, if there is no Gay Marriage and no other legal form of marriage but that between one man and one woman, do you think thatís fair?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthfully, I donít care (one way or the other) about any other marriage rights than those for Gay Americans. Iíve never posted my opinion on other forms of marriage, because, I donít care. Do you get it, I donít care? If you want to call me a hypocrite, go ahead, I donít care. You donít make me mad, I find you to be quite silly most of the time. Answer me this, if there is no Gay Marriage and no other legal form of marriage but that between one man and one woman, do you think thatís fair?
No. Try and get it through your thick head I support your right to marry whoever you want. But you don't support that same right. You have said so in the past.

Now you seem to be conveniently changing your tune. Good. I hope I had some influence on making you less of a hater.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are like you. They don't care when someone's rights are being denied if it doesn't effect them personally. What you think about poly marrriage is what most people think about SSM. They don't care. But you scream and call them "haters".

By your own logic, you are a hater.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

America's demise began when it rejected the Judeo/Christian ethic.

Like Greece and Rome, the rise of homosexuality simply declared the fall of a culture.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage defines a distinct relationship in all cultures.

Like other relationships, a duplicate gendered couple does not qualify. They have every right and opportunity to develop their own relationship and rights.

It's really not complicated.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage defines a distinct relationship in all cultures.
Like other relationships, a duplicate gendered couple does not qualify. They have every right and opportunity to develop their own relationship and rights.
It's really not complicated.
Opinions, not facts. It's really not that complicated.

Troll on Kuntmary.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Thanks paisan...some of my better work. I would think I would have gotten one "funny" judge it's. even from the man himself.
Score

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Gay & Lesbians = 51

Mormons = 0

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to have at, I am straight, father and grandfather.
[/[QUOTE]

By day that is, at night you patrol the city as Big D, scourge of rational sane people.

[QUOTE]
I am a patriot I actually believe in our nations values.
Except that whole vote on proposition thingy....then it's out the window with values.
You claim that you do not like Justice Freedom and Equality, well there are people out there that agree with you, have you considered the Taliban? They would agree with you.
As would the North Koreans for you.
A pea brain is all you have, you have already demonstrated that.
Unlike the Super Brain like you have, it dices, it slices, it Juliette fries, and it can even over rule the will of the people in a single post.
You also seem clueless as to what is happening around you, Prop 8 is going down, one way ( late June ) or the other next election.
Of course it as long as Big D can fly in to save the day....ya might want to go into a holding pattern over Washington just in case. Maybe the missus can pack an extra cape for you.
It is funny to me that you will be standing there slack jawed not comprehending what is happening, or why.
I am sure I have undressed in front of someone that was gay at one time or another, I am a veteran after all.
Not to mention a super hero. But have you every undressed in front of a lesbian....now that would be a feat.
Does not bother me in the slightest, when I was younger I was approached by people that were gay as I worked around them quite often, I informed them I was straight and thanked them for the complement. After a couple of times they must have spread the word around, as I was not approached again, but they did tell me thank you for not being upset by that. I couldnít fathom why someone would be.
Wellllll....when you walk around wearing your underwear own the out side of your tights, that's bound to happen.
But again, I am comfortable and not threatened by these people in any way whatsoever. I do pity that you are so unnerved so easily, most of us are not.
That's why you're Big D, and the rest of us are mere mortals.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Score wrote:
Gay & Lesbians = 51
Mormons = 0
Area 51? Some of them are out there....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Jack Meoff 15,930
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Eaddae 4,978
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 13 hr james marple 46
Many Sonic Booms or Earthquakes Felt in Menifee? (Jan '10) Wed ted mosby 23
McDonalds Tue tye 1 4
new store Aug 19 Patchie 2
EBT Cards Aug 19 TellThem 3

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters