Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,987

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191599 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me about it. I have been married for 30+ years. I am not skeered by same sex marriage. If my old lady can put up with me, WTF how would two guys being married change it.
But three guys and it's a different story eh Jiz?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191600 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!!!!
You thought that was funny? What a liar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191601 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Claire Voyent? Is that you? We thought you were dead.
You say I can't count is why I support polygamy, so I sarcastically say you can't identify gender is why you support same sex marriage. It's a simple concept really. It went over your head as I expected. Being that you are stupid and all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191602 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Steak, lobster, a fine woman and a good beer, or is it a good woman and a fine beer. I get confused sometimes. Anyho have a great dinner. Oh and piss off Frankie as much as possible, trust me its a hoot
Danth's Law.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191603 May 9, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just off the top of my head I'd say that fear is an uncomfortable reaction to a person, place, thing, idea, or action. The level of discomfort may vary depending on a person's own belief system or life experiences. A person's fear can be rated as anything between slightly anxious to immobilized by terror.
When I spoke of fear in the post you referenced I was talking about fear of gays and same-sex marriage.
You clearly are uncomfortable with opening up the definition of marriage to include same-sex couples. And I would label that discomfort that you feel as "fear".
You, being a "traditionalist", fear change.
But, I don't fear it, I just have the ability to recognize which change is beneficial, and which change is not.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191605 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Thought you said you favored gay marriage.
Did you slip up?
Your implication displays your shallowness. He has made a rational post, concerning the issue, and you act as if you think that he slipped up. He did not, you did. His sympathy does not handicap his ability to sum up the issue, and to confuse you. Say "Huh?" again.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191606 May 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really, really stupid.
A woman doesn't have the same right a man has
A man doesn't have the same right a woman has.
Not equal.
Marriage is not a "right", it's a privilege. Men and women can all do the same things in America. We all have the same rights, enumerated in the Constitution. Marriage isn't mentioned. At all. It just isn't. It's not listed as a right. Look for it. It isn't there. Period. What MORE do you need to be told? IT'S NOT THERE!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191607 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahah
That's funny. Your "arguments" hahahahahahahahaah
Yes my arguments, such as this one you cannot rebut:

Poly marriage deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. They are both marriage. Equal.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191608 May 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl Bs.
Many transgendered function just fine without adjustment.
Homosexuality is a defective failure of mating behavior, not only exposed by the failure to mutually procreate, but also by the violent violation of sexual design.
Unlike a transgendered, you are attempting to impose 'surgery' on society to fix your defect. An imposter relationship imposed on marriage, and a pretend duplicated half of parenting at the expense of children.
So much for no negative impact...
Smirk.
<quoted text>
So now you've shifted your losing argument to claiming stupidity...
I don't see anyone not knowing exactly what I am saying, OR having a logical retort if they disagree.
In fact, if you really are confused, please specify which facts I stated you don't understand?
Is it the duplicated half of parenting? Let me make it simple, just for you; God and nature gave every child one mother and one father. A ss couple can only give a child ONE of those, along with a pretend copy, while depriving the child of the other parental role.
As to your claim that I can only understand something is inherently harmful if I experience it, does that include shooting yourself?
Do you honestly believe 1/10th of the bullshit you say on here?
I mean seriously...
Smirk.
I agree with all of your posts. I rarely interfere with your battles, as you have matters well in hand, and usually staple you opponents to the wall, very nicely.
:-D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191609 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most straight men don't do anal sex. Most gay men do.
Chongo has a hard time with "A defining characteristic".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191610 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's YOUR opinion. You don't give any reasons WHY you think polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration. You just think whatever bullshit comes out of your mouth is valid because YOU said it.
val·id (vld)
adj.
1. Well grounded; just: a valid objection.
2. Producing the desired results; efficacious: valid methods.
3. Having legal force; effective or binding: a valid title.
4. Logic
a. Containing premises from which the conclusion may logically be derived: a valid argument.
b. Correctly inferred or deduced from a premise: a valid conclusion.
Why does it not deserve the same respect and consideration?

It deserves the same respect and consideration because it is marriage, just like same sex marriage no better, no worse. Equal. It has been around way longer that same sex marriage and it is more common throughout history than same sex marriage.

And most of all it deserves respect and consideration for the EXACT SAME REASONS same sex marriage deserves respect and consideration.

Why are you a hypocrite?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191611 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! I know!
Anybody that's ever taken a psychology class knows the answer to that!
>looks at top of page<

And you scream poly MARRIAGE is off topic.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191612 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is like a little kid doing a play magic act that everyone can see through and we are just laughing and snickering
How wrong you are. You laugh at someone who has displayed more depth of understanding than you. Like the kindergartner, laughing at the teacher.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191613 May 9, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, when it isn't telling people to give their kids pearl necklaces, and shyte like that ... Making up things like Jesus blew negroes.
Look how long her profile has lasted. When you or I say stuff only 1/10 as bad as she routinely does, Poof! Disappeared. Banished. Like in some cheap third world banana republic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191614 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me about it. I have been married for 30+ years. I am not skeered by same sex marriage. If my old lady can put up with me, WTF how would two guys being married change it.
What does your wife do while you're cruising the gay threads bird man?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191615 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ever say that? Every person in this country illegally is a criminal. Not an opinion, a fact.
Now deciding how serious this crime is and how we deal with it is where the differences may lay
I never said or implied that you said that, I was asking. I actually figured, wrongly, that you would welcome them.
ColdWinter

Covina, CA

#191616 May 9, 2013
International investigators said that they found an email exchange with an account associated with a criminal money laundering operation in St. Petersburg, Russia, describing how to and where to make the wire transfers.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191617 May 9, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said or implied that you said that, I was asking. I actually figured, wrongly, that you would welcome them.
every person that commits is commiting a crime

every person that drives over the speed limit is commiting a crime

it is a wide range, don’t assume too much

My desire to secure our borders has nothing whatsoever to do with color, culture, race, of food preference. Notice our largest border is the least secure, the one to the north
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191618 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we did... read up on the subject first, 18,000 same sex couples were married before Prop 8 went into effect. It was a legal right, they legally married, are still legally married today and recognized by the state as married.
That right.. was removed, new same sex couples do not have the same rights as the 18,000 that did marry and are still married.
It would seem that this issue has been flip-flopping a lot.
"From the enactment of legislation in 1971 to replace gendered pronouns with gender-neutral pronouns, until 1977, California Civil Code § 4100 defined marriage as "a personal relation arising out of a civil contract, to which the consent of the parties capable of making that contract is necessary." This definition was uniformly interpreted as including only opposite-sex partners, but, because of worries that the language was unclear, Assembly Bill No. 607 was proposed and later passed to "prohibit persons of the same sex from entering lawful marriage." The act amended the Civil Code to define marriage as "a personal relation arising out of a civil contract between a man and a woman, to which the consent of the parties capable of making that contract is necessary."[17] Since 1994, this language is found in § 300 of the Family Code"

"City officials in San Francisco claimed that although the 2004 marriages were prohibited by state law, the state law was invalidated by the Equal Protection Clause. The mayor echoed this view, permitting the marriages because he believed the state law was unconstitutional. However, legislators and groups opposing same-sex marriages quickly reacted, filing a suit and requesting a court order to prevent the city from performing the ceremonies. Additionally, the California state agency that records marriages stated that altered forms, including any marriage licenses issued to same-sex couples, would not be registered. The legal validity of the marriages was tested in the courts, and the marriages were ultimately voided by the state Supreme Court."
"As of June 16, 2008, gay couples can get married in California.

The change in California marriage laws is due to the 5/15/08 California Supreme Court ruling that "the right to marry in California extends equally to all, gay and straight alike."
Source: Bob Egelko, "State's top court strikes down marriage ban"

From differing sources. Please, do not assume that I have not read up on the subject. It makes you look silly. It has not always been legal, hence, it was illegal, and is being bandied about. So, these rights were not always present for the gays, making my statement correct. These "rights" have been granted, then removed again. now, it is in flux.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#191619 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this one- If you make up stupid shit, people will think you are stupid.
Yes, you've shown us that, again and again. You keep at it, though. It's why we all agree that you are stupid. Like when you made the claim that bias does not exist in this forum. LOL Like when you make all those ridiculous claims like that, it's why we laugh at you. You're all mixed up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Review: Hemet Eye Care Center Of Optometry (Oct '13) Sun hi5432j 2
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council Sun Jeremy Cronin 23
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
david steidell (Aug '07) Sep 19 huhwhathaha 13
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info