Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,101 - 167,120 of 200,591 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"desperate" "hate group" "ignorant bias" "ignorant and hateful" "have no hope" "desperately trying to convince..."
What a drama queen! Too funny. Try and relax tough guy.
Yeah, it's funny. He tries to be seen as Mr. Suave, Mr. Debonair, Mr. Urbane. And come across as Frylock the Enforcer...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

is Rose divorced yet wrote:
Question for the group.
No-one would marry that, anyway..Trying to pass itself of as a woman, and pulling out the "Midnight Intruder"...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when a minority of them call a majority of Christians.. not Christian ( chuckle ). Each one seems to have personal knowledge of how everything is supposed to be, and anyone that disagrees with them... is not "right with their particular god". Funny part is, they all seem to KNOW what their God is thinking, and it doesnít seem to be the same god.
I have pointed out the thousands of Christian churches that want to preform Same sex marriages, where is the demand for their religious freedom?
No.. it is all ignorant bias, they pick and choose the church that will tell them what they want to hear. Just like they pick a news station that will report what they want to hear, and then they close their eyes to actual knowledge and pick the "facts" they want to believe regardless of reality.
I donít actually hate these people, but I certainly feel sorry for them. But I will not let them dictate to other Americans.
Well, you post lies, everyday, and your biased crowd laps it up, like dogs..

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If scientists determine that homosexuality is related to epi-genetics, then that's fine. They will have in their possession an answer to the question, "How are homosexuals created?"
But it will not in any way indicate that homosexuals are a "defect".
In order for someone to be defective, then that person either has to be unable to function in society.
Gays are integrated in society. We do everything that straight people do.
Here's what the American Psychological Association says about homosexuality... "Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience."
Furthermore:
--The American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses in 1973.
--The American Law Institute continually updates its Model Penal Code, which is a group of laws that they suggest be implemented at the state level. They recommend to legislators: "that private sexual behavior between consenting adults should be removed from the list of crimes and thereby legalized."
--The American Bar Association in 1974 expressed its approval of the Model Penal Code, including its decriminalization of consensual adult homosexual acts.
--The World Health Organization removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses in 1981.
--The American Medical Association (AMA) released a report in 1994-DEC which calls for "nonjudgmental recognition of sexual orientation by physicians. They also changed their definition of homosexuality to that of a "normal variant" (like being left handed) rather than as a "disease."
--The Academy of Pediatrics and the Council on Child and Adolescent Health have also stated that homosexuality is not a choice and cannot be changed.
So I guess scientists HAVE decided that homosexuality is normal after all.
Your arrogance will be your undoing. That you believe you know something that all of these professional organizations do not is the very definition of "delusions of grandeur".
I've said this many times to you... You really should look things up before you get on here and make an ass of yourself.
Seriously?

YOU determine whether it is a defect or not?

Unless a defect totally disables you from participation in society it is not a defect? In other words, a transgendered person doesn't have a defective cross between mind and body?

Once again your denial makes you silly stupid...

Your list doesn't include scientists.

And I've always wondered, how can anyone determine whether homosexuality is normal if they do not know the cause or purpose? Inquiring minds want to know...

Snicker smirk.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they all seem to think they speak for all of them, but none of them do, I have not even found one of them that can speak for a majority of them.
A large Majority of Christians in the world are Catholic for example, but a majority of Catholics in the US approve of the use of birth control for example, against the teachings of their church.
None of them speak for all Christians, and most of them I have talked to pick and choose passages to follow, and specifically disregard others.
How many followers of Christianity in this forum for example give a half seconds thought to "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"
You and I both know the answer to that.
I have the answer to that, and it is that no-one is casting stones when they are speaking up about beliefs. It is misdirection, on your part, and you know it. Unless you think that no-one should have any kind of opinion, hmmm?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
>looks at top of page<
I'm looking for the Judge overturns ban on SSM thread, how did I end up here in the We Hate Christians forum?
Christians are not off topic but if I mention EQUALITY for poly MARRIAGE all hell breaks loose. I'm "OFF TOPIC!!!"
Funny how that works.
Nice.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Was allowing your birth horribly wrong?
Seeing that you are a monster and all.
:)
IOW, you cannot provide any compelling reason to legalize SSM. Thank you for your admission of failing to be up to the task. Accepted.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
You're not into the whole "logic" thing are you?
Maybe you should start learning about it.
Start with looking up the term "non sequitur".
<quoted text>
Now, look up the term "red herring".
There might be good reasons for preventing certain parings.
But there aren't any for preventing same sex parings.
Again, he has nailed you to the wall. And you fail to provide any compelling reasons. Accepted, again. He has nailed you with logic, and you fail to grasp it. Your failure is not his failure. He has presented you with a logical retort, and you respond with insults. Again. Don't you ever get tired of being shown up? Look at all the forums that you haunt, and look at the amount of times that you get your ass handed to you. One would think that it was time to stop trying...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I'm a tall short fat black woman white gay male transsexual transvestite with a huge member.:)
You forgot to include the word "moron". Additionally, I sense the omission of the word "hater"...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal protection under the law.... the best argument ever.
Sucks to be you.
It is not protection. It is the gilding of a sexually oriented behavior. NOT the same thing, at all.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no personal objection to them, but my official stance is that marriage is for 1 man/1 woman. And I object to the use of the govermental mandates and the misappropriation of traditional roles. Some things should just be left as they were. As per your personal relationships, have at it. Knock your socks off. It's not my place to tell you where you may sleep at night. I'll be the first one to say enjoy what you will. But I do not accept the definition of SSC's as "married". Sorry. Marriage is a contract that is intended to benefit 1 man and 1 woman having their own children. Adopted kids can fit into that, but when we start to change too many of the ingredients in a "marriage", it's not that, anymore.
1.) "Some things should just be left as they were."
Why is that? We didn't leave slavery as it was. We didn't leave gender inequality as it was. Our economy has changed dramatically over the past couple of centuries.
Why is that "some things" should be left as they were, but "other things" are game for being changed?

2.) "...but when we start to change too many of the ingredients in a 'marriage', it's not that, anymore."
How does one change impact marriage? Seriously... Do you think heterosexual couples will be impacted by same-sex marriage? Do you think families will change?
I don't see the logic. Maybe I'm missing something.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religious cult has no basis in US law, Same Sex marriage is a reality in the US, over 120,000 legally married same sex couples are in the us today, and 18,000 of them where married in California and legally recognized here.
Science has proven over and over that homosexuality is a common and normal occurrence in mammalian species
so far you got zip
Please learn what a cult is.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not heard one yet
The procreation argument was dead on arrival
The history/tradition argument was dead before arrival
There is no religious argument that applies to US law
I have not heard a single argument that was anything more than laughing stock.
This is a serious social change affecting many peoples' lives and happiness. It's hardly a "laughing stock" for anyone on either side except you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
In very plain words, you ignore all the rational arguments that have been delivered. Then you act as if you haven't heard any. Then you attempt (pitifully) to imply that I don't know what "non sequitur" means, and you've made that claim several times before, so your memory is also lacking, as is the rest of your act. Tell me, do you sing and tap dance, too, or is that your whole act? Your whole act sucks. And you know it. those other rooms and forums? They say the same things as I do, so you know that wherever you go, you'll get mocked for playing the same tired old routines. "Yawn"..
Great post. Thank you for sharing.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not protection. It is the gilding of a sexually oriented behavior. NOT the same thing, at all.
is your life as a heterosexual defined by your sexual behavior? no, it's defined by your character. Why can't you seem to think beyond which pegs are going into which holes? pretty shallow, IMHO.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I need to explain to you that we are not an Athenian style democracy, it is not the rule of the mob here.
Donít worry, if the Supremes get it wrong, that vote will come up again, and every poll shows Prop 8 crashing and burning, and good luck with the court case challenging that ( chuckle )
It was much easier front the other perspective because bias and injustice were easily shown, and no harm whatsoever was shown by the opposition. That is why they have crashed and burned in front of every court so far.
Listen in! The Supremes are weighing in for you Big D!

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the United States, you are confusing it with ancient Athens that was a pure democracy, we are also a republic
Perhaps you should go to elementary school, or better go to an immigration center that has classes on citizenship and learn just a little bit about your new country here before making more foolish posts.
In this country, a majority cannot decide to remove rights from a minority over bias, and when ther is no harm to the majority. This is a very different land than ancient athens.
I hope you enjoy your stay and decide to actually become a citicezn of our great nation.
Perhaps you should go jump in a lake.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
YOU determine whether it is a defect or not?
Unless a defect totally disables you from participation in society it is not a defect? In other words, a transgendered person doesn't have a defective cross between mind and body?
Once again your denial makes you silly stupid...
Your list doesn't include scientists.
And I've always wondered, how can anyone determine whether homosexuality is normal if they do not know the cause or purpose? Inquiring minds want to know...
Snicker smirk.
Yes, in a word, I do determine what is a defect. Any breathing, thinking adult knows what a defect is.

A transgender person has a defect. It impacts his/her ability to function and lead a happy, fulfilling life.

A gay person who is happy with his/her orientation is not defective. Show me how a gay person negatively impacts society.

It can't be that we've had a negative impact on the population growth of mankind. There are over 7,000,000,000 people on the planet.

We're able to hold jobs and support ourselves and our families. So, it's not like we're on the public dole due to our orientation.

In what way are we defective?

You think that you have to know cause and purpose in order for something to be labeled as "normal"?

What is the purpose for water being clear? What is the purpose for teeth being a shade of white? Why does the speed of light travel at 670,616,629 miles per hour--why not 670,616,628 miles per hour? Why do we breathe oxygen and not nitrogen--couldn't God have created us to breathe nitrogen?

What causes gravity? We have theories about gravity, but nobody knows for certain what causes it. Like homosexuality, we can observe it, we can measure it, but to this day, nobody knows for sure why there are gay people.

For some reason, you can accept gravity being natural and normal, but you can't accept homosexuality as being natural and normal.

What causes some people to like beets, but others cannot stand the "earthy" flavor? Why do some people prefer jazz, while others just don't "get it"?

There are so many mysteries that you accept as normal and natural. You don't question their presence. But for some reason, you have this "thing" about gays.

Since we have no negative impact on society, I submit that the "whys" and the "hows" of homosexuality is simply not worth the time or effort to study the issue.

Bottom line, it's none of your business. It doesn't impact you (unless you are gay).

I think you'd be better off trying to get to the bottom of this "gravity issue" before the planet throws your ass out into space.
Crafty

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yep those crafty ships captains communicate in code?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute..... all that whining you did about polygamy was because.......?
I cannot speak for Mr Hudson but if you asked me that question I would reply because poly marriage deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.

They are both marriage. Your favorite one is not more worthy than anyone else's favorite one. They are both marriage. Equal. It's a simple concept really.

If your response is going to be whining and stomping your feetsies that I am off topic, I will re-post your last 10 posts for comparison.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 22 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed facts faced 15,929
McDonalds Tue tye 1 4
EBT Cards Tue TellThem 3
HEMET: Confusion over write-in votes cleared up (Nov '12) Tue Teabag Sanchez 10
Home Wrecker Mon mad mom 6
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••