Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,601 - 166,620 of 200,590 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190786 May 2, 2013
Movie suggestion for Big D!

Imaginary Playmate 2006.

Director: William Fruet
Writer: Christine Gallagher
Stars: Dina Meyer, Rick Ravanello, Nancy Sivak

Suzanne and her stepdaughter Molly move into a new house, hoping to start afresh after Molly's mum passed away. When the seven-year-old makes an 'imaginary friend' named Candace, Suzanne assumes it's just her way of coping with everything that's happened. But as Molly's behavior becomes ever more erratic, Suzanne begins to suspect that her stepdaughter's new playmate might not be so imaginary after all.
Piccered

Covina, CA

#190789 May 2, 2013
Frankie Pizzio

Haven't you had enough, people on this site just don't like you anymore.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190790 May 2, 2013
Piccered wrote:
Frankie Pizzio
Good! Deal with it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190791 May 2, 2013
Piccered wrote:
Frankie Pizzio
Or just ignore the moron like most of us do, I donít even bother reading his posts anymore, just skip to the next person
Tarred and F d

Covina, CA

#190792 May 2, 2013
Ever since DOUGLAS TESSITOR took control of all the stupid/greedy people in this town GLENDORA has gone downhill.

He is the main cause of all our problems.

This evil FAT MAN AND HIS BUDDY THE little man should be tarred and feathered and run out of town!
He is a DISEASE. Gene Murabito..

THEY ARE KILLING the town.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#190793 May 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just ignore the moron like most of us do, I donít even bother reading his posts anymore, just skip to the next person
the scroll button on my mouse makes it far easier.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190794 May 2, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
the scroll button on my mouse makes it far easier.
LOL!
MoleSword

Covina, CA

#190795 May 2, 2013
Facebook may stop allowing beheading videos, don't worry that's the new form of entertainment for Muslims and their respective countries.

Just restrict them to Muslim countries ONLY.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#190796 May 2, 2013
Piccered wrote:
Frankie Pizzio
That's not true. I like Frankie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190797 May 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I cannot rebut his arguments.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190798 May 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. I like Frankie.
You're OK too paisan. Imagine if we left this thread to Big D and his ilk, they could chat all day amongst themselves and try to out-liberal each other.

Too funny!
Brother Goomba

Glenn, CA

#190799 May 2, 2013
The most useless thread of garbage in the system! Let's go ahead and bury the dead horse rather then continue to beat on it's poor carcass!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190800 May 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're OK too paisan. Imagine if we left this thread to Big D and his ilk, they could chat all day amongst themselves and try to out-liberal each other.
Too funny!
Well, my, my, my... Looks like we've got ourselves a little bromance brewing.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190801 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if an airplane engineer generalized facts like you do. "That part is not bad, it is different."
I have been 'telling' people the facts that conflict with the reality. You are enabling denial. You think that is a caring thing to do. It is not.
I would guess that you have a 'haunting' in the back of your mind about your condition. To justify it, you seek others to accept your 'mosaic' denial by trying to justifying theirs.
Your last thought about children is a perfect example. And just a note; Reality doesn't need the law to exist.
Smile.
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but people are more than their bodies (machine parts). An aircraft does not have feelings.
A genetic mutation or a sexuality differentiation does not make a person less valid, and I don't agree that anyone ought to think so. True, those who are not procreating are not serving that aspect of the species; but then who's to say it isn't part of nature's design to limit itself. Besides, gay couples can have children in various ways if they choose.
I don't have a haunting, I was wondering if you did! Like I said before if you're happy calling yourself a monster then that's Ok. I would wonder about Anybody who called themselves by a derogatory term.
No, reality doesn't need the law to exist, but the law is part of reality. The reality is if the law says marriage includes SS then it does. Marriage is a legal document and definition not an entity unto itself.
You are not being honest.

-The point is not about feelings, it is about distortion.

-Where have I said being a mutation makes me less valid? Nor is the mutation my fault. It happens to make me distinct. And an incredible curiosity. I find that a positive extremely often.

-You can 'say' homosexuality has any reason for existence. Only some are true. See the difference?

-Ss couples cannot 'have' children. Do you see what your denial is trying to equate?

-Yes, the law is a part of reality. But no, if the law denies reality, reality doesn't change. The reality is, the law is simple wrong.

Do you feel a 'haunting' now?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190802 May 2, 2013
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of several states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

What harm would a loving marriage of three consenting adult HOT CHICKS with BIG TITS do anyone?

Location hidden

#190804 May 2, 2013
Stocking wrote:
Oh, I forgot to say KiMare.
I have no denial or need for justification. Like I said you use the word 'chimera' and I use the word 'mosaic' but we are actually referring to the same thing. I am not trying to justify my intersex (your word here is hermaphrodite). It needs no justification. I am who I am and am completely accepting of myself. I was not trying to justify myself by justifying you, I was curious and slightly concerned as to your image of yourself because of you calling yourself a monster. Mutation, Ok, but monster implies something horrid to be disliked.
'Mosaic' and 'chimera' do not refer to the same thing. The DNA of two people in one body is not a mosaic, it is a genetic mistake. The same thing is true of being intersexed.

I accept the reality of that, you apparently do not. You cannot therefore, honestly be accepting yourself.

As to monster, it is a tongue in cheek acknowledgment of the degree of my mutations. Just a note, I have not shared them all. Which brings up another meaning of monster; large.

You deny you have no denial, but then you go an prove you do over and over. It would not be a stretch to say you have a terminal case of denial...

Location hidden

#190805 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish honey.
My point all along is that reality is unbeatable and has a vicious bitch slap.
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is as valid and as legal as your marriage
Fact
And that fact is spreading, becoming a fact in more and more states and nations every year, lately every month
also a fact
Welcome to your "bitch slap" of reality
turning your head and denying the fact, doesnít change the fact
Tell your mom and dad they are exactly the same as a ss couple. You might get a pre-bitch slap slap...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#190806 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish honey.
My point all along is that reality is unbeatable and has a vicious bitch slap. The denial and deceit of this issue is going the same way it has every time it has in the past. Failure and disappointment is inevitable.
Smile.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And my point, all along, it's that your "reality" is yours alone. The bitch slap that you're so anxiously awaiting isn't going to happen. Or, should one happen, you'll be the one getting slapped; perhaps by your inner lesbian. Your tenacity is admirable, but ultimately failure and disappointment are yours.
Troll on, Kuntmary.
See my post above.

Smirk.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#190807 May 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Funny stuff...."out-liberal each other"...:)

Location hidden

#190808 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I keep specifically pointing out why you fail as a professional social worker. You simply made an ad homoan attack.
2. There were, are and will be Pastors. There never was, is or will be ss couples 'married'. See the difference?
Smirk.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Just because you bash my work as a social worker doesn't mean that you know anything about my performance or what I do.
2.) You keep lying about how there never were, and there are not now Same-Sex marriages. You, as a pastor, KNOW that these comments are outright lies, yet you continue to make them.
3.) You cry about being "attacked". That's rich, coming from the likes of you. If ya can't stand the heat, Mary, skip out of the kitchen.
1. Your behavior on here is a reflection of who you are. You disgrace your profession.

2. I simply pointed out the extreme scarcity of any historical record of ss 'marriages'. You lied. Again.

3. I haven't complained about being 'attacked' I simply pointed out how silly stupid your attack was.

Go back to the Greeneville Topix VV, you clearly are not ready for the big league.

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 34 min Go aways 5,004
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 1 hr james marple 50
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr lazy posts 15,963
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 16 hr Kandy 476
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA Fri Go Blue Forever 5
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
The Waterfalls (May '09) Thu Chris 20
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:18PM PDT

•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••