Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,601 - 166,620 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 19 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
You know, one of the only reasons I even engage this troll is so that any young or closeted gay people who might come across his words can have both sides of the argument presented.
Kimare is obviously a homophobe, for lack of a better word.
He believes that homosexuals are broken--physically and emotionally. And doesn't mince words when it comes to expressing his opinions.
I think his words incite hatred and fear.
And the more of us who counter his comments with words that support the LGBT Community, the better.
"troll" Topix definition- Anyone who disagrees with a liberal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is in a dwindling minority of Americans.
I think anyone that hands their moral compass over to political figures ( you know, those guys behind the pulpit that twist ancient texts to mean whatever they want them to mean for today ) are broken mentally and emotionally.
I happen to be straight myself, so are my children, I do have a few friends in the LGBT community, specifically a very close friend in the T category that I speak with every week ( although on the other side of the country for the last couple of decades )
My problem with these bigots is their un-American attitude. Wanting to single out a group of people based on Race, Color, Creed, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin and deny them equal rights is specifically un-American.
WOW! A friend in the "T category"! We're real proud of you Big D!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's your problem. You don't give a damn about the law or the Constitution, just your personal agenda.
And it is this attitude, once exposed, that will prove detrimental to your cause and public opinion towards it.
You seem to think that the LGBT community is acting in some secretive manner; that our attitude needs to be "exposed" so that others can see it.

We have acted above board with regards to our processes. We have sought justice through the court systems.

Just because you don't believe we are acting in a way that the Constitution permits doesn't mean that we don't have the right to pursue whatever avenues we believe we need to take.

How many court cases are heard each year in which plaintiffs are told that their case has no merit?

These people aren't abusing the court system. It just means that a judge or group of judges believe that they are wrong in the eyes of the law.

So, if we fail at the Supreme Court, it doesn't mean that we have acted duplicitously.

Besides, if our argument was so obviously out of step with the Constitution, how did it get this far? Don't you think our case would have been struck down by Judge Walker, the three Appellate Judges, or refused by the Supreme Court?

Apparently, folks seem to think our argument warrants their time and attention.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think that the LGBT community is acting in some secretive manner; that our attitude needs to be "exposed" so that others can see it.
We have acted above board with regards to our processes. We have sought justice through the court systems.
Just because you don't believe we are acting in a way that the Constitution permits doesn't mean that we don't have the right to pursue whatever avenues we believe we need to take.
How many court cases are heard each year in which plaintiffs are told that their case has no merit?
These people aren't abusing the court system. It just means that a judge or group of judges believe that they are wrong in the eyes of the law.
So, if we fail at the Supreme Court, it doesn't mean that we have acted duplicitously.
Besides, if our argument was so obviously out of step with the Constitution, how did it get this far? Don't you think our case would have been struck down by Judge Walker, the three Appellate Judges, or refused by the Supreme Court?
Apparently, folks seem to think our argument warrants their time and attention.
You hit the nail on the head, every court so far that has looked at prop 8, including the Supreme Court, disagrees that it has no merit ( else they would not have taken the case )

He thinks more of himself than any judge

Poor little guy is in for a disappointment
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
ht.....
.<quoted text>
True, and different judges can interpret the Constitution differently, as we have seen with this issue.
Well, except that all the judges that have heard the Prop 8 and DOMA cases have agreed that they're unconstitutional. On that they all seem pretty much unified.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Imaginary Playmate Bless America
"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "
Imaginary playmate Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
Imaginary playmate bless America, My home sweet home.
Thanks paisan that was funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Movie suggestion for Big D!

Imaginary Playmate 2006.

Director: William Fruet
Writer: Christine Gallagher
Stars: Dina Meyer, Rick Ravanello, Nancy Sivak

Suzanne and her stepdaughter Molly move into a new house, hoping to start afresh after Molly's mum passed away. When the seven-year-old makes an 'imaginary friend' named Candace, Suzanne assumes it's just her way of coping with everything that's happened. But as Molly's behavior becomes ever more erratic, Suzanne begins to suspect that her stepdaughter's new playmate might not be so imaginary after all.
Piccered

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Pizzio

Haven't you had enough, people on this site just don't like you anymore.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Piccered wrote:
Frankie Pizzio
Good! Deal with it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Piccered wrote:
Frankie Pizzio
Or just ignore the moron like most of us do, I donít even bother reading his posts anymore, just skip to the next person
Tarred and F d

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ever since DOUGLAS TESSITOR took control of all the stupid/greedy people in this town GLENDORA has gone downhill.

He is the main cause of all our problems.

This evil FAT MAN AND HIS BUDDY THE little man should be tarred and feathered and run out of town!
He is a DISEASE. Gene Murabito..

THEY ARE KILLING the town.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just ignore the moron like most of us do, I donít even bother reading his posts anymore, just skip to the next person
the scroll button on my mouse makes it far easier.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
the scroll button on my mouse makes it far easier.
LOL!
MoleSword

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Facebook may stop allowing beheading videos, don't worry that's the new form of entertainment for Muslims and their respective countries.

Just restrict them to Muslim countries ONLY.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Piccered wrote:
Frankie Pizzio
That's not true. I like Frankie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I cannot rebut his arguments.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. I like Frankie.
You're OK too paisan. Imagine if we left this thread to Big D and his ilk, they could chat all day amongst themselves and try to out-liberal each other.

Too funny!
Brother Goomba

Nelson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

The most useless thread of garbage in the system! Let's go ahead and bury the dead horse rather then continue to beat on it's poor carcass!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're OK too paisan. Imagine if we left this thread to Big D and his ilk, they could chat all day amongst themselves and try to out-liberal each other.
Too funny!
Well, my, my, my... Looks like we've got ourselves a little bromance brewing.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if an airplane engineer generalized facts like you do. "That part is not bad, it is different."
I have been 'telling' people the facts that conflict with the reality. You are enabling denial. You think that is a caring thing to do. It is not.
I would guess that you have a 'haunting' in the back of your mind about your condition. To justify it, you seek others to accept your 'mosaic' denial by trying to justifying theirs.
Your last thought about children is a perfect example. And just a note; Reality doesn't need the law to exist.
Smile.
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but people are more than their bodies (machine parts). An aircraft does not have feelings.
A genetic mutation or a sexuality differentiation does not make a person less valid, and I don't agree that anyone ought to think so. True, those who are not procreating are not serving that aspect of the species; but then who's to say it isn't part of nature's design to limit itself. Besides, gay couples can have children in various ways if they choose.
I don't have a haunting, I was wondering if you did! Like I said before if you're happy calling yourself a monster then that's Ok. I would wonder about Anybody who called themselves by a derogatory term.
No, reality doesn't need the law to exist, but the law is part of reality. The reality is if the law says marriage includes SS then it does. Marriage is a legal document and definition not an entity unto itself.
You are not being honest.

-The point is not about feelings, it is about distortion.

-Where have I said being a mutation makes me less valid? Nor is the mutation my fault. It happens to make me distinct. And an incredible curiosity. I find that a positive extremely often.

-You can 'say' homosexuality has any reason for existence. Only some are true. See the difference?

-Ss couples cannot 'have' children. Do you see what your denial is trying to equate?

-Yes, the law is a part of reality. But no, if the law denies reality, reality doesn't change. The reality is, the law is simple wrong.

Do you feel a 'haunting' now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 13 hr Pole swap 7,855
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 17 hr Chris 27
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 20 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
Rancho Cordova hires city manager Thu saays who 4
Review: VIP Autos (Dec '13) Wed Guess who 2
Hemet wife beaters Wed bigdave 1
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs