Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,301 - 166,320 of 200,608 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190463 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, there are thousands of people using TOPIX at any one point during the day. Do you really think a moderator is following your specific posts? I doubt it.
My guess is that you've hacked off so many people in this forum that they routinely report your posts as being offensive. That's why you get banned.
It's not bias from the site moderators. It's just some folks who do a drive-by hit on your postings.
It comes with the territory.
I, personally, don't report people; unless they threaten violence. And that's happened a couple of times.
When I lived in Greeneville, TN and started "mouthing off" (i.e.: expressing my support for LGBT issues), a couple of people found out my identity, which wasn't hard to do in a small town.
They made physical threats against me; involving spikes if I'm not mistaken. It got a little creepy.
But I'm a big guy--6'5", 250#s. I don't scare easily. I've taken a baseball bat to the back of the head a few times. And I won't even get into the number of balls being slammed into my face (it's joke).
I have never reported anyone, I figure if you cant take what you dish out... then one should not be posting.

But then I don’t blame you for the personal threats issue, I would report that too.

Gezzz you are taller than I am.. Im only 6'3" LOL

I used to let things people say pass in silence, but as I grew older I realized that silence is consent. I do not consent to this unequal bias, so if saying what is right is "mouthing off" then I will stop when they do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190464 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, there are thousands of people using TOPIX at any one point during the day. Do you really think a moderator is following your specific posts? I doubt it.
My guess is that you've hacked off so many people in this forum that they routinely report your posts as being offensive. That's why you get banned.
It's not bias from the site moderators. It's just some folks who do a drive-by hit on your postings.
It comes with the territory.
I, personally, don't report people; unless they threaten violence. And that's happened a couple of times.
When I lived in Greeneville, TN and started "mouthing off" (i.e.: expressing my support for LGBT issues), a couple of people found out my identity, which wasn't hard to do in a small town.
They made physical threats against me; involving spikes if I'm not mistaken. It got a little creepy.
But I'm a big guy--6'5", 250#s. I don't scare easily. I've taken a baseball bat to the back of the head a few times. And I won't even get into the number of balls being slammed into my face (it's joke).
Old Swiftboater Bill uses a picture of a tombstone with my name on it as his avatar. It's cool with Topix.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190465 Apr 29, 2013
Old Swiftboater Bill often says it's time for my "dirt nap". It's cool with Topix.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190466 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I love it that he is complaining about bias while championing bias
LOL! So Funny! I love it too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190467 Apr 29, 2013
LOL!

I love it that Big D loves it that he is complaining about bias while championing bias.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190468 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never reported anyone, I figure if you cant take what you dish out... then one should not be posting.
But then I don’t blame you for the personal threats issue, I would report that too.
Gezzz you are taller than I am.. Im only 6'3" LOL
I used to let things people say pass in silence, but as I grew older I realized that silence is consent. I do not consent to this unequal bias, so if saying what is right is "mouthing off" then I will stop when they do.
Wow! You guys are so cool! So tall and all. Geez.

Also you stopped consenting to unequal bias so you "mouth off" and you will stop when "they" do! Priceless.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#190471 Apr 29, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys keep saying that.
Fact is, 31 States have a Constitutional ban on same sex marriage, that is only 7 States shy of a US Constitutional Amendment.
Just keep that in mind, 7 more states and it won't matter what the SCOTUS has to say about the matter.
Bit of a race isn't it? Rhode Island appears to have SSM in the bag so there are 10 states allowing it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190472 Apr 29, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit of a race isn't it? Rhode Island appears to have SSM in the bag so there are 10 states allowing it.
It is funny, I have made predictions as to which state or nation will go next.. I have been wrong every time, some other state or nation speeds things up and slips in under the wire.

They are recognizing same sex marriages so fast it is difficult to keep up.

Another thing to note, is that California is in his “number of states”.... but California recognizes same sex marriages, some 18,000 of them preformed in the state, and there is no way the state legislature would sign on to that federal ban.. not going to happen.

He wouldn’t even get the states he is counting on, much less 7 others, you need 2/3 of state legislatures to get around the house and senate, which just isn’t going to happen.

They are desperately trying to find a way, but it is a lost cause, Same Sex marriage is a fact, and it will only grow from here.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190473 Apr 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
says the troll who is in a plural genitalia marriage; vagina, vagina. penis. how many gay marriages have your opinions thwarted?
All of them. Just pointing out, there is no such thing as ss marriage.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#190474 Apr 29, 2013
Bell hop wrote:
Frankie, your being paged and you didn't pick up?
Don't you feel well today or this morning?
My polyps have been acting up since last night. The BBC next door gave it to me several times. Sorta hard to sit now without discomfort.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#190475 Apr 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
...and there's no such thing as a sane chimera.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#190476 Apr 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
While they tell others that we are being paranoid.
But ya ARE paranoid, Blanche.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190477 Apr 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
So you are totally unaware of the over a million same sex marriages worldwide, over 120,000 in the US, 18,000 even here in California?

Have you been living in a cave or something, or just watching Faux news?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#190478 Apr 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately not. It is a sign that "Idiocracy" has arrived.
Cry baby.

waa...

waa....

waa....

Adapt or go extinct, wussy boy.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190479 Apr 29, 2013
Here's how your barbaric community attempts to "straighten" kids out...

Gay Teens Starved, Tortured, Killed at Camp to Turn Them into ‘Men’

Three ‘gay and effeminate’ teens have died after being starved, tortured and killed at a camp that promised to turn them into 'men'.

A picture of Raymond Buys, 15, taken in April 2011 showed a skeletal, emaciated figure fighting for his life.

Just 10 weeks before, the teen’s parents signed him up to the Echo Wild Game Rangers training course in South Africa in perfect health.

In hospital, Buys was severely malnourished, dehydrated, his arm was broken in two places and there were burns and wounds all over his body. He lay in intensive care for four weeks until he died.

And now, the course ‘general’ Alex De Koker, 49, and employee Michael Erasmus, 20, are on trial for charges of murder, child abuse and neglect, along with two cases of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm in relation to Buys' death.

The teen’s death is alleged to have been the third among the Afrikaans children who attended the R22,000 ($2,400,€1,900) courses, which have been advertized since 2006.

‘I sent my son on this course to make him a better man, to give him a better future,’ Buys’ mother told The Daily Telegraph.‘I trusted Alex De Koker with his life.’

Last week, the Vereeniging District Court heard the testimony of a boy who had shared a tent with Buys, the Daily Maverick reports.

Gerhard Oostuizen, 19, claims Buys was chained to his bed every night, was refused permission to visit the toilet and on one occasion was forced to eat his own feces.

He also said he would be beaten with planks, hosepipes and sticks when he failed to carry out manual labor tasks.

Oostuizen alleged further he saw De Koker tied Buys to a chair naked with his head covered in a pillowcase, and would electrocute him with a stun gun.

Gender activist Melanie Nathan has said the three young men were all perceived as ‘gay and clearly effeminate’.

In reference to ‘gay conversion camps’, Nathan writes:‘With a little bit of digging [into the story], the gay reparative undertones start to emerge.’

Eric Calitz, 18, and Nicolaas Van Der Walt, 19, had both died after being enrolled at the Echo Wild Game Rangers camp four years earlier.

When Calitz requested to leave, De Koker reportedly told him he ‘wasn’t a moffie [gay] and he would make a man out of him’.

Calitz’s family was informed of his death via text message, saying he had died of a heart attack.

Afterwards, doctors said the cause of death was from a seizure, dehydration and found bleeding from the brain.

Van Der Walt was also claimed to have died from a heart attack, but doctors said he had appeared to have been choked with a seatbelt.

In 2009, De Koker was handed a suspended sentence over Calitz but escaped charges for the death of Van Der Walt, and the camp was allowed to continue.

Both De Koker and Erasmus have pleaded not guilty to the charges. The case continues.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#190480 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are totally unaware of the over a million same sex marriages worldwide, over 120,000 in the US, 18,000 even here in California?
Have you been living in a cave or something, or just watching Faux news?
Pretty telling about his cognitive abilities, isn't it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190481 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Pretty telling about his cognitive abilities, isn't it.
It is like the are living in a bubble, no information gets in other than what is spoon fed to them by either political or religious puppet masters
same ole

United States

#190482 Apr 29, 2013
The bible ppl....
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190483 Apr 29, 2013
Nevada is inching closer to overturning their constitutional ban, going to the vote in the legislature and they have the numbers, then onto the next ballot, which currently more voters support same sex marriage than oppose

California’s will also be overturned one way or the other as most California voters now support same sex marriage, but doubt that will be needed on a ballot, it will likely switch legally before the year is out.

Their magical 31 states will be 29 before too long with their "loss" of those two states.

Meanwhile Delaware, Rode island and Pennsylvania are on the move to recognizing same sex marriage.

Right now nearly all movement seems to be in the right direction.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190484 Apr 29, 2013
I forgot to mention Oregon, a judge has recently found their ban to be unconstitutional... that one is just barely starting on the same path California is on.

Like I have been saying, things are moving so fast it is difficult to keep up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 24 min Mikeymouse 477
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Little Ricky 15,966
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Duh 5,015
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr napalmers 7,933
santa rosa community mobile home park hemet cal (Mar '07) 23 hr moe 50
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Sat james marple 50
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA Aug 29 Go Blue Forever 5
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000