Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,221 - 166,240 of 200,566 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190372
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.
:-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190373
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that you, also, get a "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. " when you try to type the same words that the gays use? How very paranoiac of you...
Yes. And if I post it anyway, my post will be deleted. As evidenced by a missing post number.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190374
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which simple truth is that?
That there are over 120,000 legally married same sex couples now in the US
In the millions worldwide?
Or that California legally recognizes same sex couples right now, some 18,000 of them? And other same sex couples are being denied equal rights?
That the desire, intent or ability to have children has never been a requirement for a marriage license?
Which simple truth?
No, the ones that we have already posted, you know, the ones about the polls being carefully controlled, and the ones about how society set up marriage laws to protect the natural normal families, and the ones about the government being used to force acceptance and recognition upon the majority of us, and the ones about how the people of California made the opinions known, through legal channels, and were overruled (illegally) by a biased judge, and the ones about how the SCOTUS have no jurisdiction in the matter, and should refer the matter to the State of California to sort out, and the ones about ...well, you get the idea, you have always sidestepped our rational arguments, and then claimed that we have nor presented any rational ones. Hell, you even let Chongo get away with claiming that there is no difference between men and women. You know, those ones, and more... Those were just off the cuff, as we say.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190375
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít, they keep bringing up procreation as an argument against same sex marriage and I just keep reminding them that has no place in this argument.
And thank you I agree, when you argue with a child and they canít stand up to what you are saying they go after you personally, or criticize spelling or typos or what have you... I agree, you cannot stand up to the argument
Yes, I agree. The typo was a cheap shot, I admit it...
:D
I just felt like being petty, for a minute...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190376
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Ichi-ban-paisan.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190377
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Where you been, driver? You get lost at a coop? D.O.T. get ahold of you?
:-D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190378
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Bruno wrote:
I have a fresh bunch of green bananas for you HO
Nice.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190379
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
Still with the IFF issues, I see...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190380
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No in California 18,000 same sex couples are legally married, while others are no allowed to marry. They are demanding equal rights as other same sex couples have, and they will get them. One way or the other.
No sir, in recognition of the error of the first lot getting married, they are not wishing to repeat the mistake. It is not unfair to prevent further mistakes from occurring. In fact, it shows a glimmer (only a glimmer) of rational thought.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190381
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And if I post it anyway, my post will be deleted. As evidenced by a missing post number.
You should have learned that a while ago, as i did. Red writing = need to edit post. Unlike gays, who get a free permit to type without restriction. Even though X-ed-out thinks that he can fool people into believing that we are paranoid.
west

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190382
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

west up
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190383
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, in recognition of the error of the first lot getting married, they are not wishing to repeat the mistake. It is not unfair to prevent further mistakes from occurring. In fact, it shows a glimmer (only a glimmer) of rational thought.
Not an error.. they are legally married.

There are legally married same sex couples in california. A large part of the equal rights issue is that some same sex couples are treated unequally to other same sex couples

You should know this, it is the stake in the heart of Prop 8

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190384
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an error.. they are legally married.
There are legally married same sex couples in california. A large part of the equal rights issue is that some same sex couples are treated unequally to other same sex couples
You should know this, it is the stake in the heart of Prop 8
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective sterile failure of mating behavior.

Moreover, it is an insult to intelligence trying to equate a ss duplicated sterile half to marriage.

You should know this, it is the foundation of Prop 8.

Smirk.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190385
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective sterile failure of mating behavior.
Moreover, it is an insult to intelligence trying to equate a ss duplicated sterile half to marriage.
You should know this, it is the foundation of Prop 8.
Smirk.
Do you really think anybody believes the bullshit you post on here?

You've become a perfect example of self-mockery.

From where I sit, you continue to look like a self-loathing, one-trick-pony, closet case; whose biggest contribution to the umpteen forums you haunt is to cut and paste snippets of your own fabricated ass-holery.

Do us all a favor and come up with something new, Mary.

Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190386
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an error.. they are legally married.
There are legally married same sex couples in california. A large part of the equal rights issue is that some same sex couples are treated unequally to other same sex couples
You should know this, it is the stake in the heart of Prop 8
Contradiction in terms. They were erroneously married. This is the error. This is why they must not repeat the error. The error of being married. You should know this. This might be the stake in the heart of Prop 8, but it is the error of being married that is being used to further the error of their marriages. Repetition of a mistake is an error. The fact that they were married does not make it right. And it does give free license to make more mistakes. Slavery was once legal. Allowing slavery to resurface would be a mistake. Using your logic, which we both know is faulty, we should allow slavery to resurface, because "it happened before, it should again". That's some kind of thought process...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190387
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think anybody believes the bullshit you post on here?
You've become a perfect example of self-mockery.
From where I sit, you continue to look like a self-loathing, one-trick-pony, closet case; whose biggest contribution to the umpteen forums you haunt is to cut and paste snippets of your own fabricated ass-holery.
Do us all a favor and come up with something new, Mary.
Do you really think anybody believes the bullshit you post on here?

You've become a perfect example of self-mockery.

From where I sit, you continue to look like a self-loathing, one-trick-pony, closet case; whose biggest contribution to the umpteen forums you haunt is to cut and paste snippets of your own fabricated ass-holery.

Do us all a favor and come up with something new, Mary.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190388
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

I wonder if Big D is going to pontificate down to us today from the top of jackass mountain?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190389
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradiction in terms. They were erroneously married. This is the error. This is why they must not repeat the error. The error of being married. You should know this. This might be the stake in the heart of Prop 8, but it is the error of being married that is being used to further the error of their marriages. Repetition of a mistake is an error. The fact that they were married does not make it right. And it does give free license to make more mistakes. Slavery was once legal. Allowing slavery to resurface would be a mistake. Using your logic, which we both know is faulty, we should allow slavery to resurface, because "it happened before, it should again". That's some kind of thought process...
You can have that opinion, same as opinions that the moon landings were faked or your opinion of which imaginary playmate is the big kahuna, or that JFK is alive and well and living with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa in Cuba

But they are legally married under the law, as legal as your marriage or mine, your personal opinion means squat in a court of law. Only the law is recognized in court, and the law is, they were legally married.

Other same sex couples are suing for equal rights with those married same sex couples.

That is why they will win, one way or the other

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190390
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think anybody believes the bullshit you post on here?
You've become a perfect example of self-mockery.
From where I sit, you continue to look like a self-loathing, one-trick-pony, closet case; whose biggest contribution to the umpteen forums you haunt is to cut and paste snippets of your own fabricated ass-holery.
Do us all a favor and come up with something new, Mary.
Oh Francis dear, you know my stuff is always fresh.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190391
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have that opinion, same as opinions that the moon landings were faked or your opinion of which imaginary playmate is the big kahuna, or that JFK is alive and well and living with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa in Cuba
But they are legally married under the law, as legal as your marriage or mine, your personal opinion means squat in a court of law. Only the law is recognized in court, and the law is, they were legally married.
Other same sex couples are suing for equal rights with those married same sex couples.
That is why they will win, one way or the other
What no "I will fight you for truth! justice! and the American way!"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HEMET GAYS! new2this 2 hr Mmmmm 6
The Waterfalls (May '09) 2 hr Chris 18
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Donny B 7,922
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 15 hr umyeah 474
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) Tue michelle 58
gays Tue Hemetthebeast 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••